Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC's 52

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I have read Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis. Before I get into 52, is it really important? Could I skip it and not miss a whole lot? Or would you say it is essential reading?

Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GreenLantern555

Well, you should read Crisis on Infinite Earths before continuing, IMO.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_
    @Mr. Kamikaze: It's not essential reading, but it's fantastic story-telling.
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow
    @The Dark Huntress: It was terrible story telling, that story was all over the place, things where not followed up, forgotten about. Sure it lead us to the next crisis but the way they did it was merely to make money. Over all 52 was weak, it had some fantastic issues, but the follow on and actual effects it had where really nothing a monthly could have done with half the effort. IMO XD 
    Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze
    @The Dark Huntress:
    @Final Arrow: Thanks guys. I actually have already read them and I did enjoy most of it. Mostly dealing with The Question and Animal Man. Was a bit longer than it should've been though >.< 

Anyways, thanks.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @Final Arrow: It was one of the first comics that I picked up, so that might be me idealizing it, but I also read it in trades, all four at once, so that might have something to do with it, as well. I might have a different opinion if I went back and read it right now. 
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Final Arrow
    @Mr. Kamikaze:  The question story was great, I was disappointed about the follow through of a lot of stories and the ones that never really finished. Over all I would give the whole series about a 5 out of ten. 

@The Dark Huntress:  As I said to Kamikaze, there just things they did wrong that annoyed me, the stories could have been epic if they really wanted them to be.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @Final Arrow: That I will agree with. There were things about each story that I loved, but they didn't flow together as well as they could have, in my opinion. I did love the characterization in most of, if not all, of the stories.
    Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze
    @Final Arrow: Fair enough rating and I am inclined to agree. Some of the stories were pretty boring and caused me to consider just to stop reading all together and move on to the next book on my list. The end of Animal Man's story was pretty lame...I did like him giving Starfire his shirt to wear from time to time...I don't know why that amused me so much but it did =/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.