What if the Summers Family was never attacked?

#1 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend an I were talking a little while ago and he had a good question: What if the plane wasn't attacked by the Shi'Ar and the Summers lived as a regular family? What would happen once Scott and Alex developed their powers? Would Vulcan still end up crazy?  Would Chris Summers allow Professor X to take his kids in? Share your thoughts

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops would be able to control his powers. 

Alex and Scott would be closer. 

Gabriel would've gone insane still, he's just a bad apple. 

I don't think they'd join the X-men though.
#3 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Do you think that Cykes and Havok would have joined the X-Men still?
#4 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: I don't know. Gabriel seemed cool in the flashbacks as Kid Vulcan but when he came back he went batsh*t... to be honest I'm surprised marvel hasn't played with this idea in a What If story before. Could've had Cable, X-Man or Rachel go back in time and to save their grandparents and uncle from their fates.
#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@hulk_beyond said:
@TheCrowbar: I don't know. Gabriel seemed cool in the flashbacks as Kid Vulcan but when he came back he went batsh*t... to be honest I'm surprised marvel hasn't played with this idea in a What If story before. Could've had Cable, X-Man or Rachel go back in time and to save their grandparents and uncle from their fates.
Honestly that's what I thought Age of X was going to be about. "What if Cyclops never joined the X-men?" but we got a dumb Legacy arc.
#6 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott would be able to control his powers and Alex would've been closer to him (already been said) 

I think he would still be an X-Man, but I don't think he'd be a member of the First Class (thus, not asked to be team leader by Prof. X). He wouldn't have the codename "Cyclops" and there's a chance he wouldn't have been as close as he was to Jean. Magneto, Storm, or Wolverine would probably be leading the team right now. Cable would probably have never been born. The Starjammers probably wouldn't exist. Emma would most likely be with someone else too.  

I would like to see what would happen to the whole mutant population without his leadership. Would it be better or worse?

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized....

Without the Starjammers who would've stopped D'ken from destroying the Universe?

So scratch my first answer:

We'd all be dead or a servant world to the Shi'ar throne.

#8 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Perhaps or maybe Phoenix still would've stopped him. However the Summers bros might have all joined the team together and we could've had a ridiculously overpowered X-Men team from the very beginning.
#9 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like the good basis for a "what if" issue...  'The Brothers Summers'  

Vulcan would have turned out more normal and likely become a valued member of the X-Men...

#10 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

What Crowbar said.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody send this idea to marvel now!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.