Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11237 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

What if the Summers Family was never attacked?

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hulk_beyond

My friend an I were talking a little while ago and he had a good question: What if the plane wasn't attacked by the Shi'Ar and the Summers lived as a regular family? What would happen once Scott and Alex developed their powers? Would Vulcan still end up crazy?  Would Chris Summers allow Professor X to take his kids in? Share your thoughts

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Cyclops would be able to control his powers. 

Alex and Scott would be closer. 

Gabriel would've gone insane still, he's just a bad apple. 

I don't think they'd join the X-men though.
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By One_Eye
    @TheCrowbar: Do you think that Cykes and Havok would have joined the X-Men still?
    hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hulk_beyond
    @TheCrowbar: I don't know. Gabriel seemed cool in the flashbacks as Kid Vulcan but when he came back he went batsh*t... to be honest I'm surprised marvel hasn't played with this idea in a What If story before. Could've had Cable, X-Man or Rachel go back in time and to save their grandparents and uncle from their fates.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @hulk_beyond said:
    @TheCrowbar: I don't know. Gabriel seemed cool in the flashbacks as Kid Vulcan but when he came back he went batsh*t... to be honest I'm surprised marvel hasn't played with this idea in a What If story before. Could've had Cable, X-Man or Rachel go back in time and to save their grandparents and uncle from their fates.
    Honestly that's what I thought Age of X was going to be about. "What if Cyclops never joined the X-men?" but we got a dumb Legacy arc.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

Scott would be able to control his powers and Alex would've been closer to him (already been said) 

I think he would still be an X-Man, but I don't think he'd be a member of the First Class (thus, not asked to be team leader by Prof. X). He wouldn't have the codename "Cyclops" and there's a chance he wouldn't have been as close as he was to Jean. Magneto, Storm, or Wolverine would probably be leading the team right now. Cable would probably have never been born. The Starjammers probably wouldn't exist. Emma would most likely be with someone else too.  

I would like to see what would happen to the whole mutant population without his leadership. Would it be better or worse?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

I just realized....

Without the Starjammers who would've stopped D'ken from destroying the Universe?

So scratch my first answer:

We'd all be dead or a servant world to the Shi'ar throne.

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hulk_beyond
    @TheCrowbar: Perhaps or maybe Phoenix still would've stopped him. However the Summers bros might have all joined the team together and we could've had a ridiculously overpowered X-Men team from the very beginning.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Timandm

Sounds like the good basis for a "what if" issue...  'The Brothers Summers'  

Vulcan would have turned out more normal and likely become a valued member of the X-Men...

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aero_gt

What Crowbar said.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

Somebody send this idea to marvel now!!!!
    Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The summers family will be the most powerful family in earth.An actual family.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.