Cyclops: Leader of the Avergers

#1 Edited by Jeremy1989 (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Since X-Men and the Avengers had truce went all buddy buddy to form a super group called the Uncanny Avengers aka (Mutants being part of the Avengers besides Wolverine).

This got me thinking,

What if Cyclops was the leader of the Avengers instead of the X-Men?

#2 Edited by HumanRocket (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops would not have to worry much about mutant and human relationships and with his combat knowledge and leadership abilities he could be a great leader for the avengers. But most of the Avengers would still be ticked off at Cyclops so I wouldn't think many of the current roster would like him as the leader.

#3 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh. May as well make Magneto leader of the Avengers then. Wolverine was a hard enough sell as a member, to put a guy the public perceives as a mutant supremacist in the leadership slot would be pretty absurd. Like, Norman Osborn absurd. Oh wait.

#4 Posted by JetiiMitra (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he'd have to get over himself first. Some of the more friendly/familiar/open-minded Avengers could work with him. But I doubt he'd be willing.

#5 Posted by phisigmatau (464 posts) - - Show Bio

never, Cause he's the freakin leader of the X-men

#6 Edited by Jeremy1989 (605 posts) - - Show Bio

never, Cause he's the freakin leader of the X-men

You know that was a rhetorical question right?

Never meant that literally.

#7 Posted by LordMordor (127 posts) - - Show Bio

ignoring current plot lines and just placing him in the leadership position of the Avengers.....it honestly wouldn't be that different overall. Scott and Cap are both top notch field leaders, both generally avoid killing when at all possible, and in general are a lot more alike than the two think.

#8 Edited by phisigmatau (464 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.