Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4392 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Why do you think Carol's titles never last?

Avatar image for deactivated-634b09111d6cf
    deactivated-634b09111d6cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Carol has had a lot of series of her own over the years, both as Ms. Marvel and as Captain Marvel. Some fans can chalk this up to bad writers, but surely that can't be the only reason.

Why do you think Carol has never been able to hold a title of her own for very long? Are people just not interested in her? Would it actually be better if Captain Mar-Vell (the one who died from cancer) came back? Do you think that the Captain Marvel comic series would last a long period of time of Mar-Vell returned?

What are your thoughts?

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she's just a horrible character

Dreyga2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just the nature of Marvel comics nowadays. Every title gets rebooted constantly... Seems to happen whenever there is a change in direction. Seriously who hasn't had a million #1's as of late?

Minazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel its due to the constant shifting of names/outfits and looks. Its hard to latch onto a character when she changes. I liked her as Mrs Marvel but find her Captain Marvel persona to manly.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She’s not a great character and marvel keeps assigning her poor writers, which does not help her case.

hyperion616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She’s not a great character and marvel keeps assigning her poor writers, which does not help her case.

This.

A good hero is as good as the villain that challanges them.
    Any villain noteworthy in her gallery?
    On top of that its help to have a relatable character motivation.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how relatable is: Continuing on the legacy of my dead alien lover?

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@masterofevil: I've only recently found out about Star. W/what ive seen, i think she could be a pretty cool villian for Carol. Because, i think that is something she has been missing -- a good villian that helps add yang to Carol's yin. Villian all her own whoes idiologies come into direct conflict w/Carol's. To such a degree that diplomacy becomes almost impossible for Carol and Star. And physical engagement often times become the only way to move forward. Also, i like Star's design; she looks like a goodguy DC hero like a Powergirl or Superwoman, but apparently she's evil?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.