Respect Captain Atom

#1 Posted by Captain Atom (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised you guys don't have a respect forum, anyway this thread is dedicated to captain Atom. I've taken the liberty of making a respect site for him, though not finished, there are many scans, giving Captain Atom the respect he deserves.

www.freewebs.com/temporalheroes

on other message boards I tend to go by Redatom65, just to avoid confusion

#2 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahahaha. You better go on with that bull$#!@. Cap. Atom gets no love. :) j/k

#3 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he got that much play. No one seems to care much about Captian Atom. Maybe you need a new role model.

#4 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

You crack me up dude. Arguing with yourself, you cant fool me.

#5 Posted by Captain Atom (52 posts) - - Show Bio

gah, the JLU Captain Atom had a texan accent and was more like the electric supes from the 90's rather than his comic counterpart

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want to respect him, go write him a decent page. I personally have no respect for him after that atrocity that was Captain Atom: Armageddon. It's the writers' fault, but it has Atom's name on the cover so he gets the hate.
Post Edited:2007-04-09 01:32:47

#7 Posted by Captain Atom (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Armageddon wasn't to bad, it was much better than the terrible 90's he faced. And yes, I've been tinkering with his page on here, though nothing came up. What isn't there to respect? THough it is good to know that people know Armagddon wasn't his best showing. Let's see Atom has created a universe, destroyed a universe, defeated Hal Jordan, alternates of The martian manhunter and Dr. Fate, I can go on.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Armageddon was horrible. The sheer amount of out of character-ness from the Wildstorm heroes was enough to give me a headache. And it's not all about powers.

#9 Posted by Captain Atom (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that plenty of times about the WSU characters in the book. Didn't bother me really considering I'm not the biggest WSU fan.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not worried about if it bothered you or not. That's why I said "I personally have no respect for him." You can like whoever you want.

#11 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

You done fighting yourself yet?

#12 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why keep replying? I love how the Respect Captain Atom is anything but. Heads up Buckshot.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

I know who I am and who I'm not. I don't need to convince you.

#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Saso, as Kenny Roger's doing a spuff of Jackass, nice.

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

That was the last comment regarding the me=Cap Atom subject. Or this is. Whatever. Heads up.

#16 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"If you want to respect him, go write him a decent page."

I agree. That's the absolute best way to show a character respect on the Vine.

#17 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom was my favorite when I was seven. I had a shiny metallic skin preference then.

He is still fresh to me. For all you new jacks and haters read up on Cap he aint no punk.

#18 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

If there was a respect forum, I think there would probably 60 pages of threads in a few days. All these n00bs running in like little midgets going "zOMG liek [enter repsect hero here] izzz soooo COOOOOLIO! liek i luv and <3 him, he totally rox!!!111!!11!11!"

#19 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

hate hate hate hate(dave chapalle)

and let add's a little homie dont play that(in living color)

wow...i remember playing online games in the early day and they would use the "NOOB"

now days the only ones that use it are the noobs or HATERS ..lol

#20 Posted by Eidolon (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't this site like only 4 months old or something? Would that technically make everyone a NOOB? Or are you referring to the people that have only been here two months. STUPID NOOBS...?

#21 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Eidolon says:

"Correct me if I'm wrong isn't this site like only 4 months old or something? Would that technically make everyone a NOOB? Or are you referring to the people that have only been here two months. STUPID NOOBS...?"

"Noobs" is not necessarily a term relating to time served on a web site, but rather the actions that person takes on said website.

#22 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"hate hate hate hate(dave chapalle)and let add's a little homie dont play that(in living color)wow...i remember playing online games in the early day and they would use the "NOOB"now days the only ones that use it are the noobs or HATERS ..lol"

Was this in response to my response to the Cap atom hat...er um dislikers. If so let me clarify. When I said newjacks I was referring to the people who dislike Cap Atom for the fairly recent depictions of him. My theory was and is if they read some earlier Cap stuff their opinions may shift.

Such nastiness on this sight. Oh whatever will I do:)

#23 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm who is Cap Atom?

and why should I respect him?

#24 Posted by spiffyman (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I like him.

The name has a great history.

The 90s character was so/so but I collected the book for a bit.

I actually liked Armageddon. Gave them a chance to showcase how powerful he really could be if it wasn't for the status quo in the mainstream DCU. Superman must be the most powerful you know.

#25 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Wo is this Atom and what is he capitan of lol

#26 Posted by Golden Boy (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom is a really interestong character. I like how he's been written recently, outside of Armageddon, which I didn't read. He's a lot more substance. He's an interesting character who definitely does not get enough play.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.