Follow

TidalWave Productions

Publisher »

Bluewater Productions brings a diverse library of titles and talent to the table. With stories that range from classic myths, science fiction and superheroes to Hollywood legends such as William Shatner, Roger Corman, Ray Harryhausen and Vincent Price, Bluewater is a fresh voice in comic publishing. We have now broken into biography comics with our titles FAME, FEMALE FORCE and POLITICAL POWER.

Former Senator Ted Kennedy To Get Comic

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Former Senator Ted Kennedy Gets A Comic!

The independent comic book publishing company Bluewater Productions has put a lot of focus on comic books related to pop culture and popular political figures. Several of their previous titles include Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin. Based on the success of the "Political Power" series, it is no wonder that the company would look to America's royal family, the Kennedy's, for inspiration! Late last night the publishing company announced that they would be doing a comic based on former Senator of Massachusetts Ted Kennedy.  Early this morning it was revealed that the Massachusetts Senator died after battling an inoperable form of cancer for the last 15 months. The former Senator was 77 years old.

Bluewater has stated that they will go forward with the release of the comic book and that the

book had been in production since the very beginning. "Political Power: Ted Kennedy" will focus on the "Lion of the Senate's" biography from his youth, to his life as a political figure.

"Political Power: Ted Kennedy" will chronicle the politician's "eventful life from his youthful competition with his brothers and dealing with their untimely deaths, to the Chappaquiddick scandal that nearly destroyed his career; his failed bid for the presidency in 1980, and his distinguished career in the Senate."

In an interview with MTV, the representative of Bluewater Press, Darren G. Davis expressed his lament for the passing of the great politician and expressed that the comic which is due for release this November, will be edited due to the politician's recent

passing.

"He was a true icon in American politics who was respected by his friends as well as his critics. The Ted Kennedy comic book has been in production since the 'Political Power' series was developed in March. The book is almost competed and of course we are going to have to make some edits due to today's events."

"Political Power: Ted Kennedy" will be written by Brent Sprecher and illustrated by Alejandro Figueroa, with cover art by Patricio Carbajal. It will be interesting to see the sucesses and failures of the former Senator documented in a comic book. Realistically, do you think you will pick up the issue? Do you feel that more people will be inclined to purchase the comic book now that the former politician has died?
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I dont know anything about the man so I shall not judge him personally nor is this a stab at him in anyway but I'm really not for all these politicians in comics thing I just don't see the point and find it annoying now that it seems to be happening more and more, i just hope its a trend that will soon burn out.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
    actually I wouldnt mind this at all... Mr. Ted Kennedy was a great advocate for Health Care... and deserves some respect from even the Comic Book Universe...
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CellphoneGirl

already? lol

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Alright. A The Lion gets a comic. It's a shame the man passed away. He really could of helped get this Healthcare Plan. he had the ability to really get in and cut through all the lies.  People don't really like to admit it, bu the Kennedy Family is American Royalty to some extent. His brothers were born to be kings, but were killed. Teddy was meant to be a prince and lived a long life.
    One thing I've noticed while listening to all the coverage of the news. They all say that even if he disagreed with you on any policy. He was one of the first to write you a letter or give you a call when he heard you or your family was suffering. That's a great quality in a person we see less and less of now a days. It's something I may want to take up as inspiration to be a better man.

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Ravn

I know no other way to say this so; If he hadn't died, I most definitely would NOT have bought this book, cause I don't really care (I had no interest in reading any of the previous one...), but now, for some UNKNOWN reason, I feel stangely inclined to at least flip through it in the comicshop... Maybe at the least just to see how they memorialize him.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By jefprice

I wonder if it will cover the fun loving, drunk driving, Mary jo left to drown days of his life.

Scarecrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarecrow4

I'm not really down with politics in comics seems to me like a History channel special would be more fitting and much better medium.  I can't believe the Democrats are using his death to help push this Health care bill through...Seems very disrespectful.    

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain

R.I.P Teddy
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Korg
    @Babs said:
    "Realistically, do you think you will pick up the issue? Do you feel that more people will be inclined to purchase the comic book now that the former politician has passed away? "
    Yes, and yes. I would have bought at least one copy for my uncle, even if Senator Kennedy hadn't died.
    TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10  Edited By TheOmegaMan

I so don't care about anyone's politics. My one salvation away from the news has always been comics. I like Bluewater for their Leprechaun series, but not these lame political books.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marshal Victory

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8212665 probly nicest version of what happened.when i say nicest i mean they didnt realy go over Chappaquiddick that much but did mention it.how it haunted him etc etc.doubt they put any thing close to it in the comic.
    Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ellocobruja

RIP Teddy. 

You will be missed.  
    We really needed you with this Health care thing. 
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phorqe

While the man might have done some questionable things in his career, he was a compassionate person and used his influence to help people. My dad told me that when my grandfather lost his job, my grandmother wrote a letter to Ted Kennedy. Kennedy wrote a letter to the employer and my grandfather got his job back. I don't have specific details, I wasn't even aware of this until a few months ago. Its funny because my dad was the one to do the CTscan that found Kennedy's tumor. 

Anyway, there isn't anything wrong with having a comic book honoring a deceased political or historical figure. Lets hope the cover isn't of Kennedy with his shirt ripped open to reveal bulging pecs as he battles a dragon.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goldenkey

Are they gonn draw him horns????
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vortex13

I did vote for him so I will probably get this, and I most likely would have got it regardless of his death.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

I hate these companies that make these comics like this.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ARMIV

Oish....
    Truly sorry about his death,but these comics...

wadegiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wadegiles

Read up on the circumstances of  Mary Jo Kopechne's death before you memorialize this demagogue.

Kyle C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Kyle C

Can someone explain to me who buys these?? And why??

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Media_Master

Its about time

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty

Bluewater have obviously been working on this for a long time... but they didn't think that it was in bad taste to announce this on the day that he died??  Bunch of money-grabbing wankers.

Avatar image for chocolate_lantern
    Chocolate Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Talk about using someone’s death to make a quick buck! Unbelievable!

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Constantine

I'm getting bored with this stuff ;P

Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Illuminarch

Is this Political Power series in the same vein as the TRUE CRIME/FAMOUS KILLERS series from the early '90s, where they show the grisly details of their crimes and the innocent lives they ruined?  Besotted, whimpering "lion" of American fascist elites, drunk-driving murderer, abortionist 'Good Catholic', nepotistic philanderer, the individual politician of the last 50 years perhaps most responsible for the ruin of self-government and individual liberty, opportunistic beneficiary of the deaths of three more popular, but similarly repugnant, brothers and scion of a bootlegger and political/organized crime connected father who had his sons raised with a sense of noble entitlement and installed in office as if they were feudal lords. Rarely has there been a more loathsome comic book villain!

TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25  Edited By TheOmegaMan
    @Illuminarch said:
    "Is this Political Power series in the same vein as the TRUE CRIME/FAMOUS KILLERS series from the early '90s, where they show the grisly details of their crimes and the innocent lives they ruined?  Besotted, whimpering "lion" of American fascist elites, drunk-driving murderer, abortionist 'Good Catholic', nepotistic philanderer, the individual politician of the last 50 years perhaps most responsible for the ruin of self-government and individual liberty, opportunistic beneficiary of the deaths of three more popular, but similarly repugnant, brothers and scion of a bootlegger and political/organized crime connected father who had his sons raised with a sense of noble entitlement and installed in office as if they were feudal lords. Rarely has there been a more loathsome comic book villain! "

Damn you are on target and on fire! The thing is, it seems like comicvine has a liberal leaning attitude. You can't hide that much behind "well it's in a comic" so we review it. I'll hold my breath until BlueWater comes out with their Reagan comic and see how they review it...Or how about the Colin Powell one they just came out with. Until then: zip up comicvine, your liberal bias is showing!
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Psyentist

Guh...

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    @jefprice said:
    "I wonder if it will cover the fun loving, drunk driving, Mary jo left to drown days of his life. "

That should be the first and last comic. ;) 

Comics are for fictional characters. I wish he could have been one.
    N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By N15PCA

Enough with Ted Kennedy stuff all ready.  What was Bluewater Productions thinking.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Satyrquaze

"Former Senator"?? Wouldn't that be "The late Senator"? After all, he didn't lose an election...
    zack4ym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zack4ym

What is with all of these political figures getting comic books. It is bad enough we have Obama and the Mrs. in ink now this guy. Politicians on both sides of the isle have ego problems to begin with, they already think they can save the world, we don't need to put them in tights and a cape to increase the illusion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.