Bishop's power

#1 Posted by snootchie_bootchies (131 posts) - - Show Bio

So, hypothetically, could Bishop be able to absorb the energy or attack from a Green Lantern (or any derivation thereof) and be able to redirect it? How far does Bishop's power go?

#2 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would depend the GL attack but I would think so ... Bishop was overpower by cyclops optic blast once but I can't remember how much power he used..

#3 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

yet Bishop also once absorbed a full blast from Onslaught and shot it back at him. 

basically, Bishop is as powerful or as weak as any capricious writer wants him to be.

#4 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it says he can take energy and redirect it so I would suppose so, but what if the ring makes a giant hammer and hits him with it.  Could he absorb that energy and redirect it?  I don't think so but i don't know. The real ? is why all the interest in Bishop he blows and u know it.
#5 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops continuously shot energy at bishop until he overloaded

Imo Bishop could only absorb GL attacks if they shoot energy beams at him. If they make their constructs solid he stands no chance..........well he stood no chance anyways but y'know

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms said:
"Basically, Bishop is as powerful or as weak as any capricious writer wants him to be. "

Too true!  Of course, he's also as dead as the writers want him to be...  In other words, I expect we'll see him return in the next 12-24 months ;)
#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"@giantarms said:
"Basically, Bishop is as powerful or as weak as any capricious writer wants him to be. "
Too true!  Of course, he's also as dead as the writers want him to be...  In other words, I expect we'll see him return in the next 12-24 months ;) "

Here's hoping.
#8 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms: good point
#9 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

its true  bishop absorbed onslaughts full power blast

#10 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@theicon said:
its true  bishop absorbed onslaughts full power blast
Yep.
#11 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishops power depends entirely on the writer. Years ago there was one scene where he stood outside during light snowfall with the impact of the snow flakes slowly charging him up.

#12 Posted by PaperRonin (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

Bishops power depends entirely on the writer. Years ago there was one scene where he stood outside during light snowfall with the impact of the snow flakes slowly charging him up.

Cool.

#13 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000

Bishop can absorb any attacks from a green lantern whether he make it solid or not. Every attack from their ring is raw energy and he will absorb it. It doesn't have to be a beam.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.