delphic's Batman #11 - My Brother's Keeper; The Fall of the House of Wayne, Conclusion review

Villanous Monolgues

This was a really enjoyable read, and once again Scott Snyder has delivered a solid Batman story. This issue is filled with so much action that you will be on the edge of your seat to find out what happens next. Lincoln March is a very interesting villain, and I honestly can’t wait to see him back. There is so much territory to be explored around the character, and Snyder has only given us a small glimpse of what he is capable of. It is so impressive that Lincoln March has embedded himself so deep into the Batman mythos in such a short time, and hopefully we will get to see more.

There’s a reason I called this review “Villainous Monologues” though, and that is because that’s just what happens for two thirds of this issue. Lincoln has a monologue while he fights Batman. To me Scott Snyder has always been real wordy with his dialogue. Sometimes it works well other times you’re saying to yourself “For the love of God would you shut up already!” To be honest, I had a short laugh at one point when in one panel Batman says "Finally" after Lincoln hits the ending line of his monologue.

Despite that one minor nitpick I have about this book. It’s something you don’t want to miss out on. The ending is a little predictable, and Scott Snyder leaves us asking a bunch of questions, but there are no real plot holes, just one big gigantic cliffhanger. Oh I almost forgot about the backup story. If you’ve been following the last three issues you’ll notice follow-up stories about Alfred Pennyworth’s father Jarvis Pennyworth. The conclusion is sad, but nevertheless a great read. Between Jarvis words to his son Alfred, his care for the Waynes, and the emotional toll of his final moments it will be a story that I remember for a while, and probably will think of it for some time each time I see Alfred in a Batman story.

As I stress with a lot of issues though, this comic is not a standalone story. If you go out and start with this one, you will be completely lost and not get the full effect. Before reading this one, you should read the two previous issues to have a decent understand of events that led up to the events in this issue.

Other reviews for Batman #11 - My Brother's Keeper; The Fall of the House of Wayne, Conclusion

The Ending Behind the Mirror 0

Greg Capullo has consistently been giving this series outstanding covers, and for this epic conclusion to The Court of Owls, he gives us a cover that depicts Batman at his strongest. Every other cover until these last three have had Batman in danger, stabbed, watched, defensive, transformed; and yet, with #9 he's been slowly getting more victorious until we reach this one, Batman at an ultimate triumphant peak of victory. Truly this is an image of the Bat-God among men, the perfect mind, body, a...

Rebuild, reforge 0

SpoilersSpoilersThe Court of Owls conclusion is finally here! It's a grudge match between Lincoln and Bruce. "Brother vs Brother." Owl vs Bat. Prepare for Spoilers.The Good: The art in this comic is so impeccable. Capullo's ability to master emotion, plot, symbolism, and character continue to amaze me. He draws eyes like no one else. I'm glad last month's revelation of Lincoln being a brother isn't so quickly disproven in this issue. Bruce's conversation with Dick made my eyes water because it's...