Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Restructure the avengers(updated and revised edition)

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Avengers_4everXX

Hello viners! A long time ago I posted a blog about how I would restructure the Avengers, and just recently I published a blog about how I would restructure the X-Men. However, since my original post about the Avengers my ideas have changed vastly, so I'm going to go ahead and post my revised and updated version of how I would restructure the Avengers if I was given the opportunity.

The premise is pretty simple. Gigantic catastrophic event, changes the Marvel U forever, the Avengers disband. We go a month with no Avengers titles, then the franchise relaunches with Avengers #1. Set one year after the event that caused their disbanding, the five founding Avengers come together to decide the future of the organization. They decide that the world needs the Avengers more than ever and begin setting up the foundations for a new, global Avengers organization. Wasp is elected chairperson of the new organization due to Iron Man and Cap's ever present ideological differences. The founders then build the main team, with each except Wasp nominating two members who are then voted on. The main Avengers team, which is the base model for all the branches, consists of nine permanent members and three reserves for a twelve person cast. The reserves are there to fill in for the Big Three when they're busy with their solo adventures(which is often), and when the team needs extra firepower(also often). This group is based out of Avengers Tower is the team that deals with all the huge threats to the world/universe, and the main focus of events and what not. The team decided upon is: Captain America(field leader), Iron Man, Thor, Giant Man, Wasp(chairperson), Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Captain Universe, and Sunfire with reserves Justice, Spider Woman, and Monica Rambeau as Spectrum.

From there, the organization branches off into two other distinct teams, with a founding Avenger acting as a liaison. New Avengers, which would focus literally on new Avengers, are based on the West Coast and deal with more immediate threats that the main team can't handle while they're out universe-saving, as well as acting as a sort of proving ground for heroes who want to go to the next level. Giant Man would be their liaison. The team would initially be: Human Torch(co-chairperson), Shadowcat(co-chairperson), Iceman, Hulkling(who would eventually change his codename to Warbird and be elected the team's field leader), Wiccan(also getting a new codename), Hawkeye(Kate), Miss America, Hazmat, and Lightspeed(Julie Power) with Reptil, Karolina Dean, and Prodigy as reserves. The second branch is the Uncanny Avengers, with Thor as their liaison. Like the current series, this one brings together classic members of both the Avengers and the X-Men to help foster mutant-human relations. Their primary mission is to deal with any mutant-related problems/threats. The team would be: Beast(chairperson), Hawkeye(Clint), Polaris, Crystal, Northstar, Smasher, Storm(field leader), Blue Marvel, and Psylocke, with Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, and White Tiger as reserves.

A fourth series, Avengers World, would be launched next. This would be kind of an anthology series, much like the one that just started, featuring pretty much everyone who's ever been an Avenger. The focus would obviously be on characters not starring in any of the other Avengers titles, allowing me to use characters I love but couldn't work into the other three series. I really like the idea of a series about the reality of the Avengers being a global organization made up of a lot more than just three twelve person teams.

So those are my revised ideas about what direction I would take the Avengers in. Sorry for not including very much detail about story lines, but this post was getting kind of long. But please feel free to give me feed back in the comments and share your own ideas! Look out next week for my blog post all about what I would do with the Young Avengers!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.