Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7705 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Is Hyperion like Superman in it?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I ask because while Superman may be my favorite superhero, I don't care for Hyperion. I don't like him or dislike him, he's always been just kinda THERE. I mean the few times I've read anything with him where he's NOT a villain he comes across as barely different from Superman. I WANT to like him, but when a character to me is so intrinsically like another character to the point it comes across as character A being in different costume B then I get kinda turned off from them.

However since I haven't been able to pick up the current Avengers yet, I have to ask is he NOT like a straight up Superman clone in terms of personality?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

the Supreme Power version of Hyperion will always be the best version

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@evilvegeta74: Hmm, it seems he IS different. Alright, that's enough to convince me he's not a Superman pallet swap!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I believe this is the best version

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

this is what happens when you piss off Supreme Hyperion:

No Caption Provided
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Looks like Sentry play.Who was his greatest battle against? This isnt the guy that was defeated by Ultimate Thor is it?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

Hyperion IS Superman from powers to origin he's the same person.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Looks like Sentry play.Who was his greatest battle against? This isnt the guy that was defeated by Ultimate Thor is it?

He wasn't defeated by Thor. I'm trying to find the scans where he bombards earth from orbit but I'm failing

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

He wasn't defeated by Thor. I'm trying to find the scans where he bombards earth from orbit but I'm failing

Hyperion who is... Superman level.... and Thor did this in kind.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This isnt the same Hyperion?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Hyperion who is... Superman level.... and Thor did this in kind.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This isnt the same Hyperion?

Yea but that isn't the end of that battle

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Jonny_Anonymous: I'm sorry but that Hyperion can't defeat Ultimate Thor, who definately can't beat 616 Thor. The New Hyperion is on par with 616 Thor. I'm just saying, and although you say the fight in that scan wasn't over, Ultimate Thor nearly beat him to death in the scan , and thats the second part of the fight, not the first when the Ultimate Thor wasn't fully powered, i have those scans too. 616 Thor is my favorite character, and I despise the Ultimate version,but the scans say it all.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

Hyperion, like Sentry, strikes me as a Thor-Superman mashup. I find this new version underwhelming thus far.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: I'm sorry but that Hyperion can't defeat Ultimate Thor, who definately can't beat 616 Thor. The New Hyperion is on par with 616 Thor. I'm just saying, and although you say the fight in that scan wasn't over, Ultimate Thor nearly beat him to death in the scan , and thats the second part of the fight, not the first when the Ultimate Thor wasn't fully powered, i have those scans too. 616 Thor is my favorite character, and I despise the Ultimate version,but the scans say it all.

he was in noway beat near to death and how the hell can you say the new Hyperion is on par with Thor after two issues? since when did this turn in to a battle?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

he was in noway beat near to death and how the hell can you say the new Hyperion is on par with Thor after two issues? since when did this turn in to a battle?

If you read the article , then you know what I'm talking about. As far as the battle things goes, I was merely stating that 616 Thor would decimate ultimate Thor, who defeated Supreme Hyperion. Now if Hickman made this New Hyperion as he stated on par with Thor and the hulk where would that put Supreme Hyperion in terms of power or rank as far as a**kicking? There's also a King Hyperion who I classify above Supreme Hyperion simply because he went to parallel universes killing heroes so I rank him higher, although when he came to the 616 universe things were different. This is what I'm saying, I respect that you like this character and I'm not downing you or him but look at the facts, you know the golden rule, it's not what you know it's what you can prove. So lighten up and don't get angry, and I'm still waiting for those scans from you.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@evilvegeta74: Proof of what? All you have is the writer saying he created him to be on par with Thor. Whoop deedoo. I'm tried of playing "my Hyperion is better than your Hyperion" All I'm saying is I like Supreme more than a character that has been in two issues.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74: Proof of what? All you have is the writer saying he created him to be on par with Thor. Whoop deedoo. I'm tried of playing "my Hyperion is better than your Hyperion" All I'm saying is I like Supreme more than a character that has been in two issues.

Hey thats fine and dandy, but there's a New hyperion in town and regardless of not whether you wanna except that he supercedes Supreme Hyperion or not , it's sort of been explained so live with it. I'm not trying to disrespect a character you love, but make you aware of what's going on with the New Hyperion, thats all.Dig man you can't be angry over comic characters can you! Seriously come on! I know I have more time vested in comics than you due to age man , chill out and relax , there's always tommorrow!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Hey thats fine and dandy, but there's a New hyperion in town and regardless of not whether you wanna except that he supercedes Supreme Hyperion or not , it's sort of been explained so live with it. I'm not trying to disrespect a character you love, but make you aware of what's going on with the New Hyperion, thats all.Dig man you can't be angry over comic characters can you! Seriously come on! I know I have more time vested in comics than you due to age man , chill out and relax , there's always tommorrow!

Uh to be honest (and I don't think you are actually angry ^_^), but your sort of coming across as more angry than the poster you are addressing lol. Some people actually don't care about which character is more powerful to like a character. Its all subjective anyway, even power levels are subjective. The poster you are addressing is absolutely not trying to deny anything, he just doesn't care about the new Hyperion as much as you do. For all the time you spend telling him to be aware of something, can't you just be aware of this? Why do you keep accusing the other poster of being angry? Or telling him to chill? I don't know, he seems pretty okay to me? He even clarified a few times all he is saying that he likes the other version more than this one. **shrugs**

Anyway I like Supreme Hyperion a lot and I like the new Hyperion a lot too. As far as OP, well it depends, Superman isn't really his powers at all, Superman is his stories, villains and supporting cast. His personality, popularity and place at DC, and so on. His powers play a small part but its more that they are affected by the other stuff more than affect other things. Hyperion will definitely end up having different stories and supporting cast and so on so I enjoy him myself.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SC:

My point with Hyperion was that nearly EVERY time I've read something where he's a good guy, he just literally exudes "Superman-ness" to me. I never have that problem with Gladiator or any other Superman inspired character, but with Hyperion it's always been a slight turn off. I never didn't NOT like him, but well it's complicated for me when it comes to him. Is he on my favorites list? Well yes, but that's mainly because of Supreme Power Hyperion. I can honestly say I only read that FOR Hyperion since the way he's presented is a very interesting take on the traditional Superman story, which is also Hyperion's story as well, to me.

Reason for the question is that I don't want to JUST be reading Superman in the Marvel universe. After finding a few scans online and the threads provided by evilvegeta74 I got a better feeling about THIS Hyperion.

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lordhuck

This Hyperion in the current avengers run is a brand new Hyperion we have never seen before.  He is the sole survivor or TWO universes colliding with each other.  For a time he held both universes apart with his strength alone.  In the end it was not enough the universes collided and obliterated each other.  Hyperion was left alone in a void of nothingness until 616 A.I.M Pulled him into our universe via a machine.   

So YES I think this Hyperion would be stronger than 616 or ultimate Thor.  We are talking Silver age Superman power level.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Lordhuck said:

This Hyperion in the current avengers run is a brand new Hyperion we have never seen before. He is the sole survivor or TWO universes colliding with each other. For a time he held both universes apart with his strength alone. In the end it was not enough the universes collided and obliterated each other. Hyperion was left alone in a void of nothingness until 616 A.I.M Pulled him into our universe via a machine. So YES I think this Hyperion would be stronger than 616 or ultimate Thor. We are talking Silver age Superman power level.

I'm glad you acknowledge the New Hyperions strength, the point I was trying to make is that he's suppose to be stronger than previous incarnations of Hyperion. I supposed certain individuals, the wrong way, no finger pointing here though, at the end of the day it's cool.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By dangallant984

I get the feeling that the point of him is to have a version of Superman, which is all Hyperion has ever been, on the Avengers.

Which I would've thought was stupid, but after reading issue 4, and thinking about it, I think I'm really getting into the idea. Still, probably has less than a 50% chance of not becoming a super villain since, hey, it's Marvel doing Superman, but I'm intrigued enough to chance those odds.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By z3ro180

Supreme Hyperion will always be my favourite but this new ones ok. We haven't really seen him do anything spectacular. Sure he fought and beat hulk but hulk was being controlled so he was as ruthless as he usually is.

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lordhuck
    @Z3RO180 said:
    Supreme Hyperion will always be my favourite but this new ones ok. We haven't really seen him do anything spectacular. Sure he fought and beat hulk but hulk was being controlled so he was as ruthless as he usually is.
    He Held two planets apart with his bare hands and survived the explosion of two universes. 
    Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fifthchild

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

If you read the article , then you know what I'm talking about. As far as the battle things goes, I was merely stating that 616 Thor would decimate ultimate Thor, who defeated Supreme Hyperion.

Those scans from Supreme Power are out of context. IIRC Supreme Hyperion was at half power when Ultimate Thor beat him down or of not he was severely weakened by the alien goo that Richards had brought to their world. Before that Hyperion casually defated Ultimate Thor:

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Fifthchild said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

If you read the article , then you know what I'm talking about. As far as the battle things goes, I was merely stating that 616 Thor would decimate ultimate Thor, who defeated Supreme Hyperion.

Those scans from Supreme Power are out of context. IIRC Supreme Hyperion was at half power when Ultimate Thor beat him down or of not he was severely weakened by the alien goo that Richards had brought to their world. Before that Hyperion casually defated Ultimate Thor:

That really doesnt matter, I was simply trying to identify the guy, I don't even read the anything 1610, those scans came up in a post but I know who to ask about the scans.@CadenceV2

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mace1111

Hyperion VS Superman (CBVS#2 HD Remake) - YouTube

Loading Video...

JoseKuervo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JoseKuervo

Anyone knows who won this meeting?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for megaginsengking
    MegaGinsengKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MegaGinsengKing

The thing I hate about Marvel is how they treat the Squadron Supreme and Hyperion in animated appearances in their various shows. They are always villains!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.