Follow

Armor

Character » Armor appears in 1607 issues.

Hisako Ichiki is a teenage mutant from Japan that studied at the Xavier Institute before becoming an X-Man. Her mutant power allows her to create psionic "armor", giving her enhanced strength and durability. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Armor's Power

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think/hope it's temporary. They've always said that her armor is powered by her ancestors or something. I think this just has something to do with recent events in her family and will fade back down to normal.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

I like it. It's natural progression and gives her really great offensive capabilities.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By MrUnknown
    @IrishX: Oh you mean it wasn't one of them set up for the Lunar New Year? =P

Actually it's a pretty good accomplishment.
    dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dorsk188

It'd be interesting if she couldn't make smaller armor anymore.  She's basically a kaiju-killer, but not very useful for much else.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Hate it (I know, surprising, right? FTBB hates something). 

The X-Men have been getting power boost after power boost, and frankly, it's annoying. They differ slightly to humans in their genetic code. That does not give one the ability to rewrite reality. Stan and Jack's original mutants had a very nice powerset, as did Wein's Giant Size additions. Ever since then, the X-Men have just gotten insane in terms of power. 

Armor, who let's be honest, had no right being one of the 198 over other characters, getting a boost that would arguably put her above long-time established powerhouses like Colossus is just infuriating. The whole point of HoM was to stop that sort of thing happening. Writers weren't allowed to come in and just add x amount of mutants with x amount of powers and make them punk out the rest of the X-Men. She was useful before without being over the top. Now she's overpowered. I mean, she'd hand Wolverine his ***, and that's just not right. Logan should be able to decimate any character that doesn't have uber-fighting abilities in H2H.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Timandm
    @PrinceIMC said:
    I think/hope it's temporary. They've always said that her armor is powered by her ancestors or something. I think this just has something to do with recent events in her family and will fade back down to normal.
    As I recall, her power boost happened suddenly and unexpectedly while she was training against Logan in the danger room...  Moments later she gets a phone call and learns that her mother and brother had been killed in a car accident, but the thing is she already suspected that they were dead...

This suggests that the power is past down but also shared among the descendants, and when one of the family members die, the power is passed onto to the surviving members...  I think what we're seeing is the power from her mother and brother now added to hers...
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Timandm
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Hate it (I know, surprising, right? FTBB hates something).   The X-Men have been getting power boost after power boost, and frankly, it's annoying. They differ slightly to humans in their genetic code. That does not give one the ability to rewrite reality. Stan and Jack's original mutants had a very nice powerset, as did Wein's Giant Size additions. Ever since then, the X-Men have just gotten insane in terms of power.   Armor, who let's be honest, had no right being one of the 198 over other characters, getting a boost that would arguably put her above long-time established powerhouses like Colossus is just infuriating. The whole point of HoM was to stop that sort of thing happening. Writers weren't allowed to come in and just add x amount of mutants with x amount of powers and make them punk out the rest of the X-Men. She was useful before without being over the top. Now she's overpowered. I mean, she'd hand Wolverine his ***, and that's just not right. Logan should be able to decimate any character that doesn't have uber-fighting abilities in H2H.
    What you're saying about the power boost unfortunately is true for most of the super heroes in both the Marvel and DC universe...  They keep getting more and more powerful...  Most of us like seeing the heroes increase in power, but quite a bit is lost when that happens...  They all become so powerful, there's no longer any challenge against their old villains so then they need more powerful villains...  But then, after we get used to seeing them beat their newer villains, the heroes get power boosted again, and the process repeats...

Now, you have a bunch of UBER powerful heroes and villains and their battles have to be on some cosmic level....  Can you imagine if Spider-Man were to go back to simply fighting street crime and thugs like the Vulture?  I WISH he could, but there's no putting the genie back in the bottle....

It USED to be that there were only a FEW characters her could lift more than 100 tons (Hulk, Thor, and um.. someone else.)  but now there are GOBS of them... It's ridiculous.

it USED to be there were only a FEW super speedsters... Now there are so many I can't keep up with them...

Escalation... So, how do you solve the problem?  I have no idea...

Oh, about your comment, Armor having no right being one of the 198... I think that was part of the point... It wasn't about who SHOULD remain a mutant and who SHOULDN'T...  I much of it was just supposed to be random...However, if they would have left 'Beak' as a mutant, I think that would have pissed me off...
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Timandm said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Hate it (I know, surprising, right? FTBB hates something).   The X-Men have been getting power boost after power boost, and frankly, it's annoying. They differ slightly to humans in their genetic code. That does not give one the ability to rewrite reality. Stan and Jack's original mutants had a very nice powerset, as did Wein's Giant Size additions. Ever since then, the X-Men have just gotten insane in terms of power.   Armor, who let's be honest, had no right being one of the 198 over other characters, getting a boost that would arguably put her above long-time established powerhouses like Colossus is just infuriating. The whole point of HoM was to stop that sort of thing happening. Writers weren't allowed to come in and just add x amount of mutants with x amount of powers and make them punk out the rest of the X-Men. She was useful before without being over the top. Now she's overpowered. I mean, she'd hand Wolverine his ***, and that's just not right. Logan should be able to decimate any character that doesn't have uber-fighting abilities in H2H.
    What you're saying about the power boost unfortunately is true for most of the super heroes in both the Marvel and DC universe...  They keep getting more and more powerful...  Most of us like seeing the heroes increase in power, but quite a bit is lost when that happens...  They all become so powerful, there's no longer any challenge against their old villains so then they need more powerful villains...  But then, after we get used to seeing them beat their newer villains, the heroes get power boosted again, and the process repeats...  Now, you have a bunch of UBER powerful heroes and villains and their battles have to be on some cosmic level....  Can you imagine if Spider-Man were to go back to simply fighting street crime and thugs like the Vulture?  I WISH he could, but there's no putting the genie back in the bottle....  It USED to be that there were only a FEW characters her could lift more than 100 tons (Hulk, Thor, and um.. someone else.)  but now there are GOBS of them... It's ridiculous.  it USED to be there were only a FEW super speedsters... Now there are so many I can't keep up with them...  Escalation... So, how do you solve the problem?  I have no idea...   Oh, about your comment, Armor having no right being one of the 198... I think that was part of the point... It wasn't about who SHOULD remain a mutant and who SHOULDN'T...  I much of it was just supposed to be random...However, if they would have left 'Beak' as a mutant, I think that would have pissed me off...
    True, but the other problem is that villains get powered up, and there's no logical way they should lose. Did you read Spider-Man: the Gauntlet? How could Sandman still lose to Spidey? I get that he had conflicting personalities and such, but come on, the guy should be able to drop Spider-Man in no time. But even then, Spider-Man, even if he gets substantial increases in power, it's only from like 10 tons to 20 tons strength level. 

The X-Men seem to be getting power boosts that put them into god-tier territory. Of the original 5, two are now Omega, one developed an inexplicable Healing Factor, and another had all his physical attributes (which were already superhuman) increased three-fold. Then we have Colossus who can now lift 100 tons, Storm who can manipulate the Weather then there's not even an atmosphere present to manipulate and Havok can absorb enough energy to flatten Vulcan; it's become too much.  That's why I'm frustrated. 

Good call on the 198 ideally feeling random though.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Timandm
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Maybe, with the X-Men, it's peer pressure...  First Jean starts eating stars and the other four are suddenly feeling like they're WAY down low on the food chain...

Scott:  Dayum... Did you see that?  She ate a star!  and all I can do is shoot this red concussive beam from my eyes?

Angel:  At least you can blast spaceships and super villains... All I have are these stupid wings!  I mean, all I can do is FLY... Sure that USED to be cool when I was one of the only ones in the Marvel Universe who could fly, but now EVERYONE and his brother is flying... but they also have like Super strength and telekinesis... I JUST FLY.   I wonder if I could get someone to upgrade me?  Maybe, make my wings into weapons... Oh hey and give me healing powers too!  That'd be neat! 

Beast:  Right, like YOU'VE got something to complain about.  I'm just kind of big and awkward looking and can only lift 5 tons...  Even that puny spider-kid is stronger than me and HE can stick to walls!  I really gotta do something about this... Which reminds me, I've been working on this 'Super Cookie Monster' serum...

Iceman:  Stop!  Just stop right there!  Have any of you noticed that I have to go everywhere wearing these STUPID LOOKING OLD FASHIONED FIREMAN BOOTS?!  REALLY?  You think I don't know about everyone laughing at my wardrobe behind my back?  I gotta get rid of these boots... Hey, maybe I could just get an ice sled and...No, no wait!  I'll MAKE an ice sled ... No, no better yet, I'll just make like this ice bridge that goes up and down and every which way and then slide around everywhere really really fast like!!!!

(the others all laugh):  Riiiight!  Like you'll ever be THAT powerful.... What do you think you are, an OMEGA level mutant?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Timandm: Hahaha, nice.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IrishX
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  

I understand your view. Much of the time I like "street level" heroes and villains so I am not usually someone into the big powerful characters. In a way making them really powerful takes away something from their character (kind of like a big action movie having no substance). Her power is a little different especially with the spirits of her family though and I'm curious how all this affects her.  

Like PrinceIMC said though I could easily see this as being just temporary anyway.
    MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

I hope the power boost is temporary, which it seems to be anyway. Uber-powerful characters can get a bit boring sometimes. It's quite interesting seeing just how powerful she can get though...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Sorry but, ?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Sorry but, ?
    Just a joke, I'm usually complaining about something.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fodigg

I think it's cool, but I hope that she doesn't have to mecha-armor all the time now and I hope that going big like that isn't effortless. I like her having the capability, but I want that kind of power output to be a struggle. If she's swatting aside enemies like Fin Fang Foom, that's not as cool as her digging deep and struggling to victory.

ravinove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ravinove
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt: @FadeToBlackBolt

When they said that Hisako powers was passed on through generation to generation I don't think they meant it literally. And I think translation got it mixed up from Japanese to English. What I am saying is it's genetic; mutation is passed down through genes and maybe through time a mutant or several have shown in the Ichiki family line and this was there way of interpreting it by saying that the power is passed down through this ancestors. Of course we don't know if Hisako father, mother, or brother, or even her grandfather is a mutant but I've always assumed it because that's my interception of it, not that Hisako family line is some magical family line (much like Pixie who is all of the sudden a half fairy/mutant).

@IrishX: I think Hissy has also been able to do that. When she first started to appear in comics her mutant his take on the very large amine forms and later appears as small shields around her. I think it's just the emotional state of Hisako and not a power boost.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.