Action Comics: R.I.P.

#1 Edited by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if we'd call this spoilers at this point, but it was just reported that panelists at NYCC confirm that

is no longer among the living in the re-launch.

And I admit, I am flustered and disappointed. Shucks, big time.

#2 Posted by War Killer (20189 posts) - - Show Bio

This...is disappointing.... -___-

#3 Posted by danhimself (22537 posts) - - Show Bio

why would they kill off Krypto...that's the worst news of the relaunch yet

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

why would they kill off Krypto...that's the worst news of the relaunch yet

#5 Posted by danhimself (22537 posts) - - Show Bio

also haven't they been promising a Krypto vs Dex-Star fight for a while now???

#6 Posted by Izaiah (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

Grrr.

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought someone already noticed this in #2? I remember someone mentioning this a few days ago already

#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

What?! This is the worst news. Why would they do this?

#9 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCU will never be the same again.

#10 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

I thought someone already noticed this in #2? I remember someone mentioning this a few days ago already

No, somebody mistook the corpse of a goat for Krypto. I'm not sure how, honestly.
#11 Posted by Dernman (15074 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand them not including Krypto in the new 52 but to kill him off is just wrong. :(

#12 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: Unfortunately, the rumor is that the mistaken goat corpse was in fact Krypto. Which is bizarre.

@danhimself: They have indeed, it seems no longer to be likely.

Now, this is all just in Grant's Action Comics. If you're a huge Krypto fan (as I am) and find that dead goat corpse Krypto is not 'our' Krypto... then advocate for it. Jor-El can have his Krypto... and we still have the opportunity to introduce new Krypto. After all, Supergirl was similarly dead then re-introduced, once upon a time.

#13 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheOptimist said:

Now, this is all just in Grant's Action Comics. If you're a huge Krypto fan (as I am) and find that dead goat corpse Krypto is not 'our' Krypto... then advocate for it. Jor-El can have his Krypto... and we still have the opportunity to introduce new Krypto. After all, Supergirl was similarly dead then re-introduced, once upon a time.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here. The dead goat isn't Krypto at all. The death of Krypto has nothing to do with what Lex showed Supes in #2.
#14 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

ah...

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes...it was confirmed that Krypto is dead.

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Byrne also didn't have krypto at first, he was erased but was eventually brought into continuity.

Don't worry people

#17 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I know.....it makes my heart hurt, I love that dog

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.