Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Wonder Woman really bulletproof?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was reading the Injustice comics to get some knowledge of what happened in the iPhone version of the game, and in the comic Wonder Woman just stands there taking bullets.

No Caption Provided

I ask because it's sort of non-canon.... right?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Not really. In other incarnations, she simply just deflects the bullets with her bracelets using her superhuman reflexes.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh..

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

I believe bullets and bracelets are obsolete and it is time for bullets and boobs.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Only in the Injustice continuum. WW's always been vulnerable to things that cut or pierce.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For starters, there is no "sort of" non-canon. Its just non-canon. To answer your question, she's

@teerack said:

always been vulnerable to things that cut or pierce.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That universe is different, Superman cheap-one-shot Ares when he claimed to be at his strongest.

Not to mention Captain Marvel had to save Wonder Woman from Aquaman, and Superman had to save them all from the Kraken.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really haven't mentioned what her vulnerability is in the n52. Pre n52 she was shown to withstand the detonation of missiles at point blank range. I imagine that her demigod status might grant her additional invulnerability but I'm just speculating.

If she can withstand a punch from Superman or anyone with similar levels of power, it stands to reason that bullet fire wouldn't really bother her much.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Pre-52

gut shot
    gut shot

New 52

Shot with Love's pistol.
    Shot with Love's pistol.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pistols are a magic weapon, they went right through Hades himself. We have yet to see WW vulnerability against piercing weapons in the nu52.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@snascimento: Yeah its Love's pistol in the second scan, first scan is a magic character but normal pistol and bullet. We also have Justice League #4

"We read in your report she could handle an m230 Chain Gun"

Handle apparently means able to deflect. If she were bullet proof why bother deflecting them?
    Handle apparently means able to deflect. If she were bullet proof why bother deflecting them?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Diana is deflecting the bullets to avoid getting tickled and maybe also to avoid the bullets getting stuck in her body.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PowerWoman

@gambler: NIce scans,but I has different scan:

No Caption Provided

Is clear tell us,wonder woman skin at least very durable

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is inconsistent, and when she is vulnerable to piercing weapons, it is really stupid. Regardless of the fact there is a difference between piercing damage and other sorts of damage, there is a matter of proportion and scale. A Nukes worth of pressure should be more effective than a guns worth of force.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By colonyofcells

Dc will probably just simplify Wonder Woman's powers to be similar to Superman to avoid confusion. Wonder Woman's powers are always catching up to Superman's and easier to just make them similar.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@powerwoman: Those look more like energy based blasts then bullets. Not dismissing the scan entirely but the artistic representation seems to imply plasma/energy blasts, right down to the sound effects going FZAAK and Wonder Woman's body being engulfed in a bright orange burst of energy.

Edit: No doubt she's highly durable, always has been. She took Superman's heat vision point blank to the face. But her weakness is projectiles (spears, swords, bullets, etc). That doesnt seem to have changed in the New52 (though it could be argued because of lack of evidence) in the old Universe she was never bullet proof. Durable yes, bulletproof no.

PowerWoman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerWoman123

@gambler: Superman's heat vision was far hotter than sun core,right?

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: Why not? If she can deflect the bullets, she better do it. Not knowing if she has this weakness of not might be an asset for her. But of course, one can say she did it because the bullets would hurt her, but how much? We really don't know just yet.

@powerwoman123: Well, she tanked a hydrogem bomb at point blank range which is at least as hot as the sun's core.

PowerWoman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snascimento: hydrogem bomb?what it is?

n-bomb?can you scan it?

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@powerwoman123: The scans.

Google hydrogen bomb to know more, but basically it's a nuclear weapon that mimics what happens inside the sun.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See . . . my contention is that Wonder Woman is Bullet-Proof.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@snascimento: Anythings possible. It would seem odd to break away from fighting Darkseid's legions all to defend something that couldn't hurt her anyway but you never know. Maybe in the New52 she is bulletproof. Hard to believe she wouldnt know it though.

@powerwoman123: Hard to say.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deaditegonzo

According to what im seeing, Hydrogen Bombs are less than half the temperature of the sun's core at about 10 Million degrees Fahrenheit, vs 27 Million. Thats a significant difference.

Edit: There is an error in this, as I unfortunately, while looking at two different sources, didnt realize one was kelvin (H-Bomb 10 Mil K) and one was Fahrenheit (Sun's core 27 Mil F). However, the Sun's core is still stated to be 15 Mil K.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand, punching a hydrogen bomb wouldn't cause it to actually detonate (at least not the intended yield), it is not the impact that causes an explosion but the reaction which is triggered before it physically hits the target (which the projectile does not actually touch).

But Superman has dragged her close to the sun, so I'm sure that is just a DC oversight.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: As far as I know, both are in above 10 million degrees Kelvin.

@drgnx: Thermonuclear weapons don't detonate on impact, no. But that has nothing to do with the pure yield of the bomb, but how it can be used most effectively. With that in mind, puching a h-bomb in not the way you want to detonate it, but I think it might happen, given the fact a h bomb is triggered by an atomic bomb, which in turn is triggered by a standard explosive, the punch can work as the last.

PowerWoman456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerWoman456

High school physics textbooks tell us that the temperature at the center of the hydrogen bomb 10 ^ 8K, the temperature of the center of the sun is only 1.5 × 10 ^ 9K, a difference of more than six times.

so,wonder woman can take sun'core very easily

No Caption Provided

@gambler: here scan:

wonder woman can take it

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman456: I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, simply stating that in the fight in which Superman hits her with heat vision point blank there is no mention of whether or not he unleashed the full extent of its power. Now it could be argued that since he was bloodlusted and thought it was Doomsday then of course he did. My point is that it could still be debated. The thin stream of HV compared to other visual representations in which the streams are much larger and engulf his enemies leaves room for doubt.

PowerWoman147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: Lol,i know what you mean,bro,but superman belive wonder woman is doomsday,he not hold back,how can you says he not full extent of its power?that too strange.superman not hold back,belive wonder woman is doomsday,and he not use full extent of its power to fight with her.....?

just strange,not logic

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@powerwoman147: Thats circumstantial though. Like I said, I dont agree or disagree. What I'm saying is there is no dialog accompanying the act so its feasible he didnt unleash the full extent of his heat vision. The artistic representation doesn't match the numerous examples we have of Superman unleashing the full extent of his HV.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Those "look" like unleashed raw power HV

No Caption Provided

Now WW's HV looks like he's trying to be surgical for some reason. All thin and pinpoint where as in previous examples (above) he engulfs large surface areas. Why didnt he blast her entire head? Why that one particular spot on her cheek? See what I'm saying? Maybe he did unleash his full HV but visually it doesnt compare.

PowerWoman147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: I know these scan,the superman power level,even back pre-crisis superman,he power always disaccord,even SA superman,he can take big bang,but sometime a city buster can hurt him(you know bro,back pre-crisis,superman absolute invulnerability,even other Kryptonians cant hurt him,of course,they are cant hurt each other)sometime a missilery can kill him

sometime SA superman struggle lift 100 tons,sometime he can lift galaxies weight,or universe weight

I know the DC write not always good,but wonder woman always close to superman in power level,There is no explanation,even superman's full extent of its power to fight with wonder woman,i belive she can take it,she not like PC mon-el,PC Ultra boy,they are feats was serious mismatch to SA superman,wonder woman has a lot of feats can put her on the superman level,that why i belive she can take it

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even superman's full extent of its power to fight with wonder woman,i belive she can take it

I dont dispute this or that Wonder Woman can and should hang with Superman. I'm just pointing out the inconstancy and the fact that it "could" be argued whether or not he unleashed the full extent of his heat vision.

Not whether or not Wonder Woman could handle it :)

PowerWoman147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: But wonder woman was very powerful charater,she not like PC mon-el,PC Ultra boy,or PC Martian Manhunter,they are serious mismatch to SA superman feats,so,even PC superman looks like use full power to fight with them,i dont belive they are can move a sun(PC mon-el best feats was move a moon, other once he and PC ultra boy moved a moon)ABC logic not work,because they are feats was serious mismatch to SA superman feats,but wonder woman has a lot of feats,how can you dont belive wonder woman cant take it?i mean,yes,maybe you are right,but based on the feats,wonder woman can take it,not these scan,just simple common sense,she has enough feats to match superman,she not like Pre-crisis wonder woman or other PC charater,they are almost like street character,like PC Validus,superman says he was dozen of times stronger than himself,but PC Validus full power just can destroy city,and almost kill PC superman(who once even take big bang,i think bro you know these scan,i give you)how can a city buster was dozen of times stronger than PC superman?he no feats can make me put his on the superman level,wonder woman was different,she has real superman level feats,so,Logic says she can handle,that my point

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman147: You're misunderstanding me. I "DO" believe she can take it. I think Wonder Woman can beat Superman. She has. I'm a big Wonder Woman fan :) My posts have nothing to do with whether or not she "can" take the full extent of Superman's Heat Vision. I think she probably could. I'm saying its debatable whether or not he actually unleashed it cause the visual representation doesnt match any of the other examples in which he has cut loose. Thats all lol

PowerWoman147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: Ohohoh..sorry.I'm BIG wonder woman fans too,also I'm Superman/supergirl fans,I read almost all of the Pre-crisis superman comics(action comics,superman,superman family,supergirl,superboy Adventure Comics,DC Comics Presents and Legion of Super-Heroes)I wouldn't say myself is a superman expert,but I'm sure I know a lot of PC superman

The wonder woman can match superman in power,This is from the beginning of the Post-crisis,In the Pre-crisis,only PC supergirl has feats can match superman,I think DC not attach too much importance to wonder woman

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deaditegonzo
    PowerWoman146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: H-Bomb: A nuclear weapon, bomb explosion center temperature up to one hundred million degrees. Is the use of atomic power explosion energy to ignite the hydrogen isotope deuterium light nuclear fusion reaction of instantaneous release enormous energy nuclear weapons. Also called fusion bomb, bomb, hot thermonuclear weapon. The bomb damage factors and the atom bomb. The same, but more powerful than the atomic bomb is much larger. Atomic bombs. Usually hundreds or thousands of tons of TNT equivalent, hydrogen power can be high to tens of millions of tons of TNT equivalent. Also can be designed to strengthen or weaken some of its damage factors, the tactical and technical performance than the atomic bomb. Better, use more widely.

not 10 million k

H-bomb,one hundred million degrees celsius vs sun'core 20000000 degrees Celsius

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman146: Source please? I was trying to confirm the differences, as im definitely not an expert in the field, but everything Ive seen disagrees with what you mentioned. In fact, three other posters on this board said an H-Bomb is around 10 Million K as well.

PowerWoman146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: H-bomb= ,one hundred million degrees celsius

sun core= 20000000 degrees Celsius

H-bomb core temperature was much hotter than a sun'core,you can ask some professionals, my information from Google

H-bomb core>sun core

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: H-bomb= ,one hundred million degrees celsius

sun core= 20000000 degrees Celsius

H-bomb core temperature was much hotter than a sun'core,you can ask some professionals, my information from Google

H-bomb core>sun core

Like I said, do you have a source? Im not an expert, but that disagrees with what ive seen with some light research, and even what other posters are saying.

PowerWoman146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: From google.I cant tell you where come from.but

Nuclear fusion requires high temperature of 100 million degrees,you can google it,that my knowledge of physics

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

They way I see it is that she's vulnerable to piercing damage (bullets, swords etc. hence her reason for deflecting with the bracelets) and she's more durable against blunt damage (walls falling on top of her, punches etc).

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PowerWoman

@aiden_cross: Wonder woman can take superman pound,I dont know why DC still make wonder woman so weak

even a bulletproof can kill her but she can take superman pound,lol,DC logic....just fail

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: Wonder woman can take superman pound,I dont know why DC still make wonder woman so weak

even a bulletproof can kill her but she can take superman pound,lol,DC logic....just fail

I have no idea either.. To me she should be just as durable as Superman and just below him in strength, but compensate that with her superior fighting skills. That's just my opinion though ^_^

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: I think she was very close to superman in strength, Basically Pre-52 she always close to superman

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: She was, but she should be in terms of durability as well. =) I don't know, I prefer her backstory in the New52 but I like how she was Pre52 better. If that makes sense ;p

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: New 52 wonder woman looks like not as powerful as Pre-52....really..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.