Follow

Vulcan

Character » Vulcan appears in 338 issues.

The forgotten third Summers brother, he was raised by the Shi'ar as a slave after the murder of his mother and later became a tyrannical emperor. He is an Omega-level mutant with the ability to manipulate all known forms of energy.

Vulcan: Powerhouse or Punk

clayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By clayton

What are Vulcan's current powers. I hear about him being powerful but I found out that Gladiator beat him easily. I haven't read any of the books he's been in so I can't really form a good opinion on him.

Vulcan786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vulcan786

Ok firstly his "primary" power is Energy Maniplation at an "above Omega Level" Scale. People say that must have been a mistake by the writter since Omega Level basically means limitless potential...but kinda shows you how powerfull he is.

Now, because he can manpiulate energy at such a monsterous level he can do ton of things, for example one time he shut out both Marvel Girls  and Cyclops powers (some thing to do with man ipulating the brain waves dont really know)

He can shoot out fire, electricty, or "energy" from him self which has the effects of both electricity and fire and concusive force

He has made shields out of energy

He can absorb the powers of others (not known weather its limited to mutants of or other super powers), he absorbed the powers of his teammates before they died giving him the ability to Manipulate time, Manipulate earth, and become super adaptive, however because he hans been shown using them it can be arugued that he doesnt have them since one of the teammates whom he had absorbed was released and he supoosedly lost thos powers *sigh*

He can fly at increasingly high speeds (adding more energy to become increasingly fast)

he can control energy from various sources so...for example if Silver surfer shot him with a beam of cosmic energy he would just bursh that aside, Vulcan (when he was young) described it as "moving a shadow"

he hasnt really trained to know the full extent of his powers, energy manipulators in marvel can do a great load of stuff.

Thtats one of the reasons i argue that he is one of the most powerfull guys in marvel whose to say he cant augment his strength to match the hulk or speed to match quick silver....who knows

VulCanDoItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VulCanDoItAll

a power house or punk hes an Entity

Vulcan786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vulcan786
    VulCanDoItAll said:
    "a power house or punk hes an Entity"
    I wudnt say entity since he doesnt fully know how to use his powers yet..i hope he becomes a good guy he would make a cool hero
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

Powerhouse. Anyone who can take on most of the Imperial Guard along with Gladiator, is no pushover.

Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ball Buster

Getting beat by Gladiator is not shameful thing. 

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator
    Vulcan786 said:
    "Ok firstly his "primary" power is Energy Maniplation at an "above Omega Level" Scale. People say that must have been a mistake by the writter since Omega Level basically means limitless potential...but kinda shows you how powerfull he is.

Now, because he can manpiulate energy at such a monsterous level he can do ton of things, for example one time he shut out both Marvel Girls  and Cyclops powers (some thing to do with man ipulating the brain waves dont really know)

He can shoot out fire, electricty, or "energy" from him self which has the effects of both electricity and fire and concusive force

He has made shields out of energy

He can absorb the powers of others (not known weather its limited to mutants of or other super powers), he absorbed the powers of his teammates before they died giving him the ability to Manipulate time, Manipulate earth, and become super adaptive, however because he hans been shown using them it can be arugued that he doesnt have them since one of the teammates whom he had absorbed was released and he supoosedly lost thos powers *sigh*

He can fly at increasingly high speeds (adding more energy to become increasingly fast)

he can control energy from various sources so...for example if Silver surfer shot him with a beam of cosmic energy he would just bursh that aside, Vulcan (when he was young) described it as "moving a shadow"

he hasnt really trained to know the full extent of his powers, energy manipulators in marvel can do a great load of stuff.

Thtats one of the reasons i argue that he is one of the most powerfull guys in marvel whose to say he cant augment his strength to match the hulk or speed to match quick silver....who knows
    "

Unless he does figure out someway to enhance his own metabolic processes and improve his baseline durability he will have weaknesses.
    He basically only has normal human reaction speed and durability and he will grow fatigued using his powers.
    Therefore faster reacting oppoents or ones that catch him off guard can do a lot of damage.

As for absorbing the powers of other, it's not quite that simple.

Vulcan does not appear to be able to absorb powers or duplicate them like Mimic or Rogue does. He does however have the ability to use the powers of others by manipulating the energy in their brain. So rather than absorb their powers, he made use of their powers remotely - so the power projection originates from the owner.

He did this with Marvel Girl when he originally captured Marvel Girl and Cyclops. He simply flicked the on switch in her head and remotely controlled her projection of her power. This is not the same as absorbing powers.

If he can absorb peoples powers why did he not absorb those of Wolverine, whom he has encountered, to provide him with a healing factor and then he would not have needed a bionic eye replacement after his fight with Gladiator.

Here's a quote from the online Marvel Universe site, "Vulcan has thus far demonstrated the psionic ability to control energy, this allows him to project radiation along the electromagnetic spectrum, control magnetism, conduct electrical energy, generate heat, control Cyclops' energy beams, and the ability to control the psionic abilities of others. He has also acquired the abilities of his teammates Petra (geokinesis), Darwin (advanced adaptation), and Sway (time manipulation) after his revival."

He did absorb the powers of the former teamates but this was a one off occurence (after his encounter with Krakoa) and he was forced to ejected Darwin's essence (and powers) from his body and the other absorbed mutants abilities appear to have faded as well (but only time will tell). He has stuck to his basic powers in most later appearances - that of a powerful energy projector / manipulator.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Leliel
    Ball Buster said:
    "Getting beat by Gladiator is not shameful thing. "

You can say that twice plus Vulcan has the emotional problem he dosen't know when to put his emotions aside and listen to his powers
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

Potential Powerhouse.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Erik

Scary man.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Namor1987

Powerhouse

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Powerhouse. He got beat after he underestimated Gladiator, not something you wanna do. We'll see how his story comes to fruition during War of Kings.

Avatar image for jesterlichloath
    jesterlichloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jesterlichloath

powerhouse

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G-w-D

Hey i was just wondering I know he can tap mainstream energy but can he manipulate any energy that he wants i mean can he;

Manipulate Thermal energy to create intense cold

Manipulate kinetic Energy like New Sun? 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Korg
    G-w-D said:
    "Hey i was just wondering I know he can tap mainstream energy but can he manipulate any energy that he wants i mean can he;Manipulate Thermal energy to create intense coldManipulate kinetic Energy like New Sun? "

The extent of his powers is largely unexplored. He has never demonstrated the fine control necessary to do those things up to this point, however. He is a big fan of brute force. Remember, Vulcan has not lived an entire lifetime with his powers. In reality, he is about 15. It is my sincerest hope that they find some more creative ways to use Vulcan during War of Kings. The way he stripped the Scy'ar Tal of their ability to empower their elder was a good example of Vulcan utilizing his powers in a new way. His potential is unlimited, and I would really like to see it used in some creative ways instead of him just incinerating everyone.
    G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By G-w-D

Okay what about Gravity and Time is there a chance he could be capable of manipulating them?

TheWhitePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheWhitePrince

Scarlet Witch reawoke the punk, Scarlet Witch can undo the power increase.... Or even Doctor Strange, Franklin Richards, Mr M, Jamie Braddock, Mad Jim Jaspers, Phoenix.... He is Omega, but the Imperial Guard arnet exactly the people you have to beat. The boy is a pushover, a little boy who grew up to fast, I think his tantrum in the Shi'ar was just him needing his diaper being changed.

Wait, sorry, thats me being bias, Im not really a fan of Gabriel - agreed he's powerful, but only due to the events of Krakoa and M-Day. He'd be your average Alpha level energy wielder like his brothers otherwise

Sniper Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sniper Jack

At the start of the 'Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire' saga I would have said powerhouse with a punk atttitude. Since he became ruler of the Shi'ar Empire he has had quite a few decisive battles which have on occassion humbled him! So, with that in mind I would now just say powerhouse.
    As for the remarks regarding his battle with the Imperial Guard, I thought Gladiator ripping his eye out then knocking him unconscious was brilliant, but thought the guard should have been able to defeat him without the aid of Gladiator.

Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWhitePrince said:
    Scarlet Witch reawoke the punk, Scarlet Witch can undo the power increase.... Or even Doctor Strange, Franklin Richards, Mr M, ... [more]

That isn't entirely true, the boost he recieved from those events garned his "Above Omega-Level" status, Xavier realized he had Omega potential when he first met him. That's like arguing Bobby is only Omega b/c of Emma. He may not have ever realized the extent of his powers, but the potential would still be there.

Anyway as far as his power's are concerned. He's grown increasingly good at using them. When he was first introduced he used brute force, then you had Alex point out that he could be more precise and guide him through the process w/ the Elder. Now you have him shrugging off attacks from other Energy based opponents (though he does seem to have trouble w/ Polaris and Havok b/c of their level of power and control. Polaris is allot more powerful now, and gives him trouble. An a fully charged Alex operates on a level where his lil bro can't just steal control of his power from him) and he was able to, recognize, block, then take over Adam Warlocks magic based energies in the heat of Battle. DnA is making baby Summers a powerhouse.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Everyone says that "beyond Omega" was a mistake.............I thought someone said that homo-supreme(I think that was it) was the absolute final state?  Someone, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By G-w-D
    Emerald_General_Jai said:
    TheWhitePrince said: Scarlet Witch reawoke the punk, Scarlet Witch can undo the power increase.... Or even Doctor Strange, Franklin Richards, ... [more]
    Beyond Omega is a mistake in the context because Omega's are potentially Unlimited in their power set 

@Emerald_General_Jai said:
    "
    TheWhitePrince said:
    Scarlet Witch reawoke the punk, Scarlet Witch can undo the power increase.... Or even Doctor Strange, Franklin Richards, Mr M, ... [more]
    That isn't entirely true, the boost he recieved from those events garned his "Above Omega-Level" status, Xavier realized he had Omega potential when he first met him. That's like arguing Bobby is only Omega b/c of Emma. He may not have ever realized the extent of his powers, but the potential would still be there. Anyway as far as his power's are concerned. He's grown increasingly good at using them. When he was first introduced he used brute force, then you had Alex point out that he could be more precise and guide him through the process w/ the Elder. Now you have him shrugging off attacks from other Energy based opponents (though he does seem to have trouble w/ Polaris and Havok b/c of their level of power and control. Polaris is allot more powerful now, and gives him trouble. An a fully charged Alex operates on a level where his lil bro can't just steal control of his power from him) and he was able to, recognize, block, then take over Adam Warlocks magic based energies in the heat of Battle. DnA is making baby Summers a powerhouse. "

Hes becoming stronger yes but his power use is still limited considering the range o his powers
    Avatar image for theamericandream
    TheAmericanDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheAmericanDream

Vulcan is a powerhouse

Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G-w-D said:
    Emerald_General_Jai said: TheWhitePrince said: Scarlet Witch reawoke the punk, Scarlet Witch can undo the power increase.... Or even Doctor Strange, ... [more]

The points i mention aren't really related w/ strength, but skill. Instead of just matching them power for power, he's actually using his ability in a strategic way to win those confrontations. As far as being limited, what would you like to see him doing?
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Push

Both. He's an unstable emo punk who just happens to have the potential of being a powerhouse!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Nerx

a Punk ass powerhouse pvssy ass b!tch, besides his overpower and sudden fandom at the end of House of M and the Fall of Shi
    ar empire he was only an energy splasher at best... no punches and no kicks

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By G-w-D
    Emerald_General_Jai said:
    G-w-D said: Emerald_General_Jai said: TheWhitePrince said: Scarlet Witch reawoke the punk, Scarlet Witch can undo the power increase.... Or even ... [more]

Thats my point their Connected the more skill he gains with his powers the stronger he will become, the best example i can think of is magneto whos knowledge and skill with hs branch of energy allows him t manipulate other branches of energy like gravity

New sons energy manipulation was limited to Kinetic energy but his control and skill over it allowed him to do things lik bend time and space

Compared to the above Vulcan has still got a ways to go  even if he has more potential
    geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geometry

Powerhouse. Anyone that says different is severely misinformed.

Sniper Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sniper Jack

I think the long awaited fight with Black Bolt may help show whether he has truly earnt the right to be called Powerhouse

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Scourge
    @Sniper Jack said:
    " I think the long awaited fight with Black Bolt may help show whether he has truly earnt the right to be called Powerhouse "
    Why? He's already proven to be a powerhouse when he fought Adam Warlock.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By rbysjti

No Caption Provided
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By John Valentine
    @rbysjti said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Well done. It's a picture of Vulcan.
    thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thetitan0

vulcan should be one of the most powerful character in the marvel universe.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LT1085

He's an omega level brat.

thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thetitan0
    @Edamame: i said should.  his powers of energy manipulation should pretty much make him almost impossible to beat. energy is tied into everything in the universe. 
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Korg
    @thetitan0 said:

" vulcan should be one of the most powerful character in the marvel universe. "

Yes, he should be. Sadly, my hopes for him in WoK were dashed pretty well by Abnett and Lanning.

@Korg said

It is my sincerest hope that they find some more creative ways to use Vulcan during War of Kings. The way he stripped the Scy'ar Tal of their ability to empower their elder was a good example of Vulcan utilizing his powers in a new way. His potential is unlimited, and I would really like to see it used in some creative ways instead of him just incinerating everyone.    

Ah well...
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By EdwardWindsor

hes a powerhouse with a punk attitude , like havok used to be. Hopefully some point in near future he will get a touch more level headed and be more badass becasue of it.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Edamame: its not bad actually some good fights scenes and story isnt to bad,  compared  to alot of other arcs i have read of late. Would say its worth looking into
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theres people still in denial about it?

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LT1085
    @Edamame said:
    " @LT1085 said:
    " He's an omega level brat. "
    So he has an Omega level bank account?  = D "
    Nice attempt, but you don't need money to be a brat.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Magian

He certainly has the potential to be a powerhouse but let's wait until his resurrection.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LT1085
    @Edamame said:
    " @LT1085 said:
    " @Edamame said:
    " @LT1085 said:
    " He's an omega level brat. "
    So he has an Omega level bank account?  = D "
    Nice attempt, but you don't need money to be a brat. "
    Maybe he has an Omega level appetite then. "
    I don't get it.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Magian
    @Edamame:
    I don't know but nobody stays dead in comics for long.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Magian
    @Edamame:
    But they eventually get resurrected. Bucky, for example, was dead all these years and was brought up as Winter Soldier. I think the record is held by Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy and Batman's parents.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.