cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop  Online
    DateWUBI # 68:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    11/29/10Starman: Star Shadows(Blog) (Forum)Starman(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Starman: Star Shadows.
    Collecting 4 Issues:Starman (1988) #42-45
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Starman #45
    TPB Cover: Starman #45

The 1988 Starman series was actually pretty cool. Will Payton gained flight, super strength, and invulnerability, along with some form of energy powers. To me, he seemed like Superman, without all the strings that come with being Superman. Someone must've realized that at DC too, because during Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite, he even stood in for Superman. The title lasted a respectable forty-five issues, and ended with Star Shadows - a four issue arc pitting Starman against Eclipso. If that's not enough, we also get to see Rampage, Power Girl and Lobo. I'd use the cover to #45 as the cover to the TPB. I couldn't find it by the covers, but I think Payton played a brief but significant part in either the Darkness Within company-wide crossover, or the beginning of the Eclipso series from 1992. If he did, I think I would include those issues in this TPB, after this arc.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:67.Doctor Strange: The Vampire Verses.
    Next:68.Mighty Mouse.

.Full WUBI Index..Full Blog Index.

Thanks again!

Starman: Star Shadows
    Starman: Star Shadows
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I did like Will Payton from what I read of him, he may have lacked conflict , but he was still a pretty good guy. It's also kinda neat that Mike Mignola did the covers here

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: I didn't realize that.  Now that you've said it, I see his style there.  Cool. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.