Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17259 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who's death do you prefer? Spider-Man 616 or Ultimate Spider-Man

Avatar image for thehorriblejoke
    thehorriblejoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's death do you prefer? Spider-Man 616 or Ultimate Spider-Man (39 votes)

Ultimate Peter Parker 74%
    616 Peter Parker 21%
    Tie 5%

I have a friend who thought the 616 death of Peter was better because he feels that Peter deserved it because he was too much of a whip to have an awesome death. I personally like Ultimate Spider-Man's death better because it was just awesome over all (even though I did not want him to die)

• 
    kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The superior spider man is who I prefer

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ultimate peter had a better death but it's because he isn't coming back. 616 Pete was killed off in such a bad way to hype his return

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mitran said:

Your friend is absolutely 100% wrong. 616 Peter is an amazing character whose death should be something that shakes the entire Marvel Earth after he does some huge, impossible, selfless deed. Rather like Ultimate Peter's.

Ultimate Peter's death was much, much better done, but that's because it was supposed to be an actual, meaningful death, and 616's was supposed to piss fans off. I'd say both deaths achieved their goals.

QFT.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Tie. They both piss me off.

I want Peter back dammit. At this point I don't care what universe....

I love Kaine and all but god damn.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I don't see how Earth-616 Peter is a wimp while Ultimate Peter isn't, they're really the same character just at two different stages in life and are both equally great Spider-Men.

As for which death was better, I feel that Ultimate Peter's death was better. It showed how far Peter was willing to go to protect the ones he loved, fighting his greatest villains to the very end and even though it cost him his life, he still saved those he loved. Earth-616 Peter's death really wasn't that great and came off more as a mockery rather than a heroic send off. Peter saves Doc Ock's life and in return Ock switches bodies with him hours before his death, and even though Peter tried to make things right, the villain ultimately won and the hero failed. No story where the villain actually wins is a good one.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't see how Earth-616 Peter is a wimp while Ultimate Peter isn't, they're really the same character just at two different stages in life and are both equally great Spider-Men.

As for which death was better, I feel that Ultimate Peter's death was better. It showed how far Peter was willing to go to protect the ones he loved, fighting his greatest villains to the very end and even though it cost him his life, he still saved those he loved. Earth-616 Peter's death really wasn't that great and came off more as a mockery rather than a heroic send off. Peter saves Doc Ock's life and in return Ock switches bodies with him hours before his death, and even though Peter tried to make things right, the villain ultimately won and the hero failed. No story where the villain actually wins is a good one.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Ultimate one was much more memorable and heroic.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@peppeyhare said:

@fallschirmjager: But Miles is so awesome D:

I'm probably being unreasonable but I stopped reading both of them when Peter died. Even if it had a point in Ultimate...I have no interest in reading about Spiderman not-named Peter.

I'm pretty lucky his name isn't Scarlet Spiderman or I probably wouldn't be reading it >_>

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spider11211
    bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like the reasons for the 616 death better because that was only for sales and to change things up but ultimates was so they can have a politically tollerent spiderman. i really didnt like the fact they killed of peter for a black bi hispanic spiderman. not saying i dont like miles orf didnt like the death its just they killed off my fav character of my fav book to be politically correct.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Peter had meaningful dead 616 Peter not

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mitran said:

Your friend is absolutely 100% wrong. 616 Peter is an amazing character whose death should be something that shakes the entire Marvel Earth after he does some huge, impossible, selfless deed. Rather like Ultimate Peter's.

Ultimate Peter's death was much, much better done, but that's because it was supposed to be an actual, meaningful death, and 616's was supposed to piss fans off. I'd say both deaths achieved their goals.

Bravo, bravo.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Ultimate Peter's death was a lot better. Ultimate Peter went out with a bang. 616 Peter's death was absolutely terrible.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@war_killer:

I object that statement many good stories started with villain achieving victory in the beginning this is a start of a new story. Pete became Spiderman when he refused to do a good deed and uncle paid the price for it. This time Pete is the Uncle Ben. His death is now Doc Oct moral compass. This can be done if right if clever enough. The writers have a habit of making Pete suffer and would have still continued. If Peter were to return he had to better person then he was. They finally pulled the trigger.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Tie because both deaths were pretty lame considering the build-up and how they -replaced- Peter with.... THEM.

D:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.