Follow

Professor Pyg

Character » Professor Pyg appears in 247 issues.

A deranged scientist who performs twisted surgeries on his victims to make them into Dollotrons, his idea of perfection. Professor Pyg often comes into conflict with Batman and was formerly an agent of Spyral.

Most disturbing villain for 2010

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

Comicbooks and horror are two things that I find unique when properly mixed, but in today's world, what is the true definition of horror? and what is a horror that just about everybody can agree on, but probably forget about as time goes on? 

Tomb Of Terror #1 was a great collection of short stories, but didn't manage to have that intense horror as it used to have.
    Tomb Of Terror #1 was a great collection of short stories, but didn't manage to have that intense horror as it used to have.
    Once upon a time, Marvel managed to accomplish the meaning of horror when Stan Lee managed to have a selected cast of horror monsters introduced into his comics in the 70's, and that made Marvel had one hell of an impact when seeing monsters like the Werewolf, Dracula, and most of all, Man-thing. 
    Unlike Marvel's monsters, Arkham Asylum was the new face of horror that housed the most disturbing and vile villains that really introduced new disturbing thrills.
    Unlike Marvel's monsters, Arkham Asylum was the new face of horror that housed the most disturbing and vile villains that really introduced new disturbing thrills.
    But sadly, old school horror slowly started to die off when slasher flicks and teenage killing films became the new defintion of horror, leaving the old school monsters behind the dust. For some reason, Marvel really didn't catch up on their horror monsters matching to the modern day society, having what we once called scary, turn into supporting characters for some major titles and also having some of their own limited series. But, despite some minor comebacks and recycled moments, Marvel still hasn't caught up with giving thrills and horror with something disturbing, or horrifying for our heroes to face and comic fans are convinced. 
    (-and im not going to include vampires) 
    Yet, I may be wrong because of my tolerance of what scares me, but Marvel really doesn't do much on the horror genre when either trying or not trying to obtain a fans horrorifying reaction with either a new character or even a recycled one as well. 

So, what is my opinion of horror, currently goes to DC comics for giving a cast of unique and horrifying villains. A handful of DC baddies that really surpassed the old school horror and introduced the horror of the unhealthy, abnormal, murdering minds of todays society. 
    Most of them were once crappy villains, and DC managed to take this cast crappy baddies and turn them into something much more horrorible and interesting. Like Mad Hatter for example, crappy Batman villain who currently showed us how sick and obsessed he is with his fetish for hats, tea, and women who resemble Alice. Then we have Black Hand who im surprised nobody complained about when seeing this guy cradled in a grave cuddling with some decomposed bodies. 
    But none could ever reach the creep factor like Hector Hammond did, for me personally, Hector Hammand is probably the most monsterous looking villain that i've seen in comics.   
    Anyways, I decided to see who surpassed all scary-like villains, and who reached the top of the list as the most vile, horrorfying, and monsterous of all villainous monsters and I came up with one guy who convinced me that he was the worst for this year alone. I know that some may disagree and some would mostly agree with me about this guy, but for the two mainstream comics, there was only one who managed to reach that uncomfortable creep factor that made a few certain comics have one hell of a huge impact. So here's a video of 2010's most disturbing villain. 
    Hope you enjoy. 

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By B'Town

Batman and Robin is one of my top pulls because of PYG.    

I love this sick twisted bastard!  I hope he sticks around for a very long time.  Thanks for another great video.

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PumpkinBomb

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.