Follow

Lady Bullseye

Character » Lady Bullseye appears in 146 issues.

Lady Bullseye is an assassin that works for the Hand. A former sex slave of the Yakuza, she escaped after Daredevil's enemy Bullseye infiltrated and slaughtered the gang. His martial prowess served as the girl's inspiration.

Lady Bullseye Respect Thread

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

This is a respect thread for Lady Bullseye, or at least a compendium of most of her fights up until now. It's going to be a little mixed--ups and downs rather than all positive feats. I'm sure I'm missing some, please contribute other fights if you've got them.

Here's her handbook entry, which among other things lists her fighting skills as a 6.

Lady Bullseye is a very high-level martial artist. She has beaten Daredevil and done well against other top fighters. She is probably just below the top tier of, say, Daredevil, Black Panther, and Elektra. Respect Lady Bullseye!

In her youth, she was a prisoner in an illegal sex trafficking lair. Bullseye raided the place, then left, and she and the other girls were freed. She was amazed by Bullseye's abilities and became obsessed with him, wanting to be like him. Eventually, she was trained in secret by Master Izo, a renegade, virtuoso member of the Hand who has lived for hundreds of years. She later joined the Hand as an assassin.

Here in their first encounter, she gives him a good fight, but leaves it unfinished on purpose. He says that she hits less hard than Bullseye, but also that she hits often. Considering that Bullseye's accuracy isn't limited to throwing, and that there aren't a lot of people who can hit Murdock multiple times in the first place, this is impressive.

He also notes how her heartbeat never goes up, she fights in a totally calm state: her pulse barely moves, and no adrenaline rush. She also has almost no scent. He's very impressed. This is both a feat for her physical fitness but also her internal control. He also says her speed is hard to gauge, and she's hard to anticipate.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Later she meets him while pretending to be a lawyer, talking about his insane wife. DD can tell something is up, but can't quite figure out if she is really Lady Bullseye. Her affected smell, pulse, and other characteristics are enough to fool his hyper senses. (Also see the next set of scans on this point.) (When he says, "what are you holding back here," he ends up thinking that they're hiding some information about his wife, he doesn't confront her about her identity.)

No Caption Provided

Then later on she meets him for the real deal. Daredevil, Izo, and Iron Fist start off fighting a mind-controlled White Tiger, Black Tarantula, and numerous Hand. Then Lady Bullseye joins in. Daredevil's mind isn't in the fight and he's already been beaten up a bit (as is she). But eventually he gets his mind right and says he's ready for this (at the bottom of the 6th scan below). But she still manages to knock him out, for a clean win.Granted that she is still saying that his mindset is part of why he's having problems--but she is partly responsible for this mindset, she's been playing mind games with him for a while. Regardless of the factors, not many people have beaten Daredevil in a straight fight.

Also note when he says that he can't believe she fooled his hyper-senses when she was pretending to be a lawyer (scan 5 below). He also notes her speed.

This scene also shows some skills on the part of her teacher, Izo.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Later on, DD gets himself back together. He takes her out. However, he also says that she's as least as good as the original Bullseye, and too dangerous to play around with. DD is better than her, but she's close enough that he has to take her very seriously.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

From the same time period, here she takes out another high-ranking Hand ninja. Since being abused as a youth, she has vowed to never let anyone put their hands on her--as Hiro learns.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here she kills White Tiger (Angela), who has low-level superhuman stats, although her win is obviously mostly due to surprise. Still, how many villains have killed a hero?

No Caption Provided

Here are two more fights with Daredevil, which come much later. In the first is her low point. DD is seriously bloodlusted and is a man on a mission, and after saying that normally she's a threat to him, he takes her out pretty quickly.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Then later Lady Bullseye and Ikari team up against him. Ikari, incidentally, beat the living crap out of DD a little while previously. DD says they move like lightning, and realizing that he probably can't beat the two of them together, brings the contents of the building down on them instead.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Coming up later: fights with Black Panther, Black Widow, Elektra, and the Young Masters!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

OK, here's some more.

First we have some encounters with Black Panther, at the time when he took over Daredevil's beat in Hell's Kitchen for a while.

First he encounters her when they've both been infected by the Spider Island virus. He seems to be more infected, potentially more powerful, and in any case has the advantage since has 6 arms. The scene is narrated by Overdrive, a D-lister currently in Superior Foes of Spider-Man. She does reasonably well but Black Panther has the upper hand. The fight is unresolved when she falls off a bridge.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Soon after they have a short conflict during which Panther is more trying to get a woman to safety than fight. So it's not conclusive at all. But look at the sheer number of projectiles she's throwing! Lady Bullseye, despite her name, doesn't actually do a lot of throwing, so this is a semi-unusual example.

Panther has plenty of compliments for her, as Daredevil did before: "She is swift, resourceful, and determined...Expert aim, amazing agility and stamina." He points out that his "best hope is if she does not sufficiently fear me." There is "no margin of error." Black Panther doesn't give out compliments lightly, so he must respect her.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Later, Lady Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, and a bunch of Hand fight Black Panther, Falcon, and Luke Cage. She and Panther really get into it in a lengthy fight, which once again goes unresolved: she leaves when the rest of her team is defeated. She seems to use explosives at the end, which is unusual for her (it's not really clear what's going on here--she seems to throw her swords, then there's an explosion). Note that one reason Panther is doing well against her is that he is being cold and logical, while she is giving in to her anger--this is basically the tactic she used against Daredevil when she knocked him out. Features plenty of very acrobatic fighting.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

At another time, she encounters the Young Masters, a sort of teen version of the Masters of Evil. Some of them do pretty well against other foes in other issues. Here she gets control of Bullseye's body after Daredevil kills him, so she can resurrect him (it doesn't completely work, which is why he's in a techno-sarcophogus in the last couple DD scenes in my previous post).

Here we see her use a rifle, which is very unusual. She kills Mako and defeats Radioactive Kid and Executioner (DuBois) easily. Clearly they are totally cowed by her--and these are some arrogant kids, trust me. Here she dodges close-range machine guns bullets, cuts a rifle in half with a katana, beheads one superhuman and defeats two other opponents (one powered, one armed).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

More recently, she fought Black Widow and Elektra in a two-week period. The first is in Secret Avengers, against Black Widow. They fight reasonably closely, but Lady Bullseye gets in most of the big hits and is finally poised to kill Widow when Agent Coulson rams into her with a truck; they don't find her body.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Then she fights Elektra in Elektra's new series. Lady Bullseye and Scalphunter are trying to find a famous assassin, Cape Crow, when they run into Elektra. Lady Bullseye is annoyed at Scalphunter. Elektra says, "there are only a handful of people in the world who could hope to defeat Lady Bullseye. And you, Scalphunter, will never be one of them. But I am." Lady Bullseye and Elektra trade blows and Lady Bullseye manages to get in some good hits and draws blood against the top assassin. Elektra admits that Lady Bullseye is better than she hoped. They trade blows evenly again, but Elektra wins the final mutual, and almost simultaneous, stabbing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

After the fight, Bloody Lips, who can absorb someone's abilities by eating part of them, saves Lady Bullseye. He notes her speed, but indicates that Elektra's blood is much more special. This is on the one hand a put-down to Lady Bullseye, who is not worth his time, but on the other hand it shows how impressive she is to have been able to fight Elektra (who has such worthy blood) to such a close level.

No Caption Provided

That's it for now.

Lady Bullseye isn't at the very top tier, but she has the respect of top-tier fighters like Daredevil, Black Panther, and Elektra. She's a formidable foe and hopefully she continues to be used as such, and can get herself some more wins.

Respect Lady Bullseye! And please contribute if you have more fights.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sweet

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 owie  Moderator  Online
    Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

Finally!!!!

I just hope that she maintains this level,and she doesn't reach a climax and then get treated as some sort of joke.

Or falls into comic limbo (as in,we don't see her anymore)

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite his enhanced senses,she manages to sneak up on Wolverine.

"Not six feet away and I didn't hear a thing"

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 owie  Moderator  Online

@twix_right_side: Wow, great feat, thanks for adding the scan! In addition to her fighting skills, she definitely has great "general ninja skills" along the lines of stealthiness and internal body control. It's the kind of thing that gives me extra confidence in her fighting skills, because it shows she has serious training to back them up.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

@twix_right_side: Wow, great feat, thanks for adding the scan! In addition to her fighting skills, she definitely has great "general ninja skills" along the lines of stealthiness and internal body control. It's the kind of thing that gives me extra confidence in her fighting skills, because it shows she has serious training to back them up.

No prob. I agree. I like that she seems to be a full ninja package (skill,agility,stealth,etc) and then some (often regarded as a samurai,also)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

A few additions. Some background on her story, some examples of her agility/acrobatics, and a few fights with fodder.

Lady Bullseye recounts her origin. She was a victim of sexual trafficking in Tokyo and was able to free herself when Bullseye raided the place. She was in awe of his skills. The scene starts off with some good athletic "leaping around New York" shots and ends with her promise to herself that no man would ever touch her without her permission again, as she (presumably as a teen) kills a grown mobster without mercy. Lester's moves are pretty slick here too:

Lady Bullseye easily kills a group of thugs, and leaves one alive to frame Daredevil for the murders:

Lady Bullseye kills a group of armed cops:

No Caption Provided

Lady Bullseye throws a sword from a fair distance away and kills a Hand, then acrobatically jumps away:

Lady Bullseye talks with Master Izo about how he trained her, and promised her that she could lead the Hand. Izo is a ex-member of the Hand, hundreds of years old, and a founder of the Chaste. Personally I'd rate him above Stick, although that's more of an impression than specific feats. But this goes a long way towards explaining how she got to be as good as she is:

No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

Lady Bullseye's story continues in Elektra:

First, she survives being partly eaten by Bloody Lips, and then survives the crash of his plane in the Arctic. She escapes and goes after Elektra. As a member of the Assassins' Guild, she calls on them for help and extraction. However, she's out of cash and can't pay for their surgery. So they offer her a deal: they'll forgive her debts if they get to use her as an experiment, giving her some unknown metahuman powers, sort of like MGH.

She manages to track Elektra and her group down, and either kills or (more likely) forces Cape Crow and his son into tactical retreat, and then actually kills Matchmaker, who runs her own assassin's bureau. What powers did she get out of all this? We'll see, but she looks pretty awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where they're going with this.

No Caption Provided

OK, I can't make a new post so I'll just tack on to this one.

Lady Bullseye's new power is to turn all or part of her body into gaseous form. A pretty dangerous power that definitely makes her way more formidable a fighter.

Unfortunately Elektra once again beats her, in a pretty smart way, and in fact seemingly kills her. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her again though, and hopefully still with her new power. Curiously, Lady Bullseye is using two European-style longswords here, instead of katanas.

Bumparoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumparoo!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

Please click on the links below for the scans.

Lady Bullseye has continued to be involved in the Secret Avengers storyline, which was published more or less simultaneously with her appearances in Elektra. It's a little hard to say if Secret Avengers is completely canon, since like the Fraction Hawkeye and the Superior Foes of Spider-Man, it's intentionally comedic and the characters' behavior is often a little out of line with the norm. But, let's treat it as if it is canon, and presumably before the Elektra arc where Lady Bullseye gained her new powers.

Unfortunately for us, as a Lady Bullseye Respect Thread, LB seems to be becoming the "tough archenemy who always loses" type of character. She lost in Elektra, and she doesn't win out here either, although the arc isn't done yet.

Let's recall that in an early Secret Avengers (see post # 2 above), Lady Bullseye fought Black Widow. They fought pretty evenly, but Lady Bullseye seemed to have the upper hand when the fight was interrupted.

In issue 6, Widow wants a rematch, and attacks Lady Bullseye in a bullet train that she's holding hostage with a bomb.

Scans

Widow takes the clear advantage this time. However, their train is sent to an alternate dimension and we don't see them for several issues.

When we finally come back to them some time later, BW still has LB in submission, with her sword at her throat. However, they have to team up to fight some monsters, leaving things unresolved.

Scans

I haven't checked out the next issue yet, but there will clearly be more Lady Bullseye and Black Widow action in this arc, so stay tuned.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Yea I am personally not a big fan of the dialogue in those scans. I haven't read hawkeye but I personally didn't like superior foes. I felt like all the characters were treated like jokes. If marvel wants joke books they should bring howard the duck and squirrel girl back (and they did so they have no need for these kind of books).

All though thanks for updating me.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 owie  Moderator  Online

@jashro44 said:

@owie: Yea I am personally not a big fan of the dialogue in those scans. I haven't read hawkeye but I personally didn't like superior foes. I felt like all the characters were treated like jokes. If marvel wants joke books they should bring howard the duck and squirrel girl back (and they did so they have no need for these kind of books).

All though thanks for updating me.

Yeah, I don't really like this volume of Secret Avengers. It's trying to hard to be wacky. There's all kinds of references to writers like Derrida and Borges, but it doesn't earn it. Spider-Woman acts like an idiot, as if she was never a secret Agent. There's all kinds of ridiculousness like MODOK falling in love with Maria Hill, and the Fury being pregnant. :P

Hawkeye was great; he kept losing to a bunch of losers, but it was funny and close enough to his normal characterization that you could accept it. I actually thought Secret Foes was one of the best things Marvel has done in a long time, but I just thought of it as being from an alternate reality; I don't think it really is supposed to be, but as long as I thought of it that way, it was funny. And since it was in effect a miniseries, it was perfectly self-encapsulated and didn't affect normal 616. Secret Avengers, though, just doesn't have the deftness of the other two.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

Some updates after a long time. Although these are actually from old issues. Please click on the links for the scans.

Incidentally, at some point I am going to convert the scans in the first few posts to Imgur links, for ease of viewing.

First, the full scene behind the scan from post 6, where Lady Bullseye sneaks up on both Wolverine and Elektra. This is shown to be pretty straightforward, and as such is a very top-flight example of stealth, evading Wolverine's heightened senses and both Wolverine and Elektra's skills. This is from Savage Wolverine.

Second, a quick little scene where Lady Bullseye shoots Pepper Potts in a Black Widow series. The shot itself is nothing special, but it's interesting to note that she's using a special sonic rifle, as an example of the variety of weapons she is skilled with and has access to.

A solid fight with a vampire from an X-Men issue. These vampires have notably enhanced speed (a different one XXXXXXXX), and as can be seen here, this one's legs are blurred from her speed, and she notes her speed and strength herself, saying that no "mere mortal" could keep up with her--only for Lady Bullseye to smack her in the face. These vamps are also in general shown to be fairly skilled. We don't see the whole fight (the pages are separated by other events), and to be fully honest Staorm did alo manage to tag this vamp, but clearly LB is evading her all day to a much greater degree, and has no worries about how she's going to do. She leaves out of boredom, not fear.

Also notable is LB's perception and stealth skills in the same scene: first LB finds the vampire by noticing the butterfly flying against the wind, which the vampire notes as taking a high level of skill, then LB disappears in front of the vampire's face.

In the Murdock Papers from Daredevil, Lady Bullseye outwits and out-strategizes the Kingpin, having him tracked down while in hiding and then having the Hand attack and debilitate him. (It is a group of Hand that actually defeat him, LB comes in to gloat.) Granted that Kingpin wanted to leave criminal life, and was out of training, not too many people get a hand up on him and are able to manipulate him into doing their bidding, even for a time.

She also gets the Owl at a disadvantage, outwitting his plan to surround her, and pretty much scares the crap out of him in this and a few other scenes. It's obvious that the Owl--who elsewhere recently has been shown as Mr. Hard Core that never backs down--is completely unwilling to fight her, knowing that he has no chance.

No Caption Provided

Later in the same arc, she evades his intended plot to outwit her, realizing the way he was using the Owl. She also senses Dakota North from a distance at night without even actively looking for her, then tosses two hairpins from a distance which stab North in the arm.

EDIT: one more feat: Dodges bullet from close range:

No Caption Provided

Summing up this post:

Stealth and perception:

LB sneaks up on Wolverine and Elektra

LB sees a hidden vampire by noticing a barely perceptible effect on a butterfly

LB disappears in front of the same vampire

LB notices Dakota North from a distance at night without even trying

Fights:

LB fights evenly--at least--with a skilled vampire with enhanced speed and strength

Doesn't even need to fight the Owl for him to know he'll lose

Skill:

LB accurately throws hairpins at a distance at night to strike Dakota North

Strategy/tactics/intelligence:

Outwits Kingpin at least twice

Outwits the Owl

Weapons:

Uses focused-sound rifle in addition to her normal thrown weapons and sai.

theritahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally late in the game here, but I have obsessively collecting Lady Bullseye appearances in different Marvel comic series' but have yet to find my absolute favorite image below. Can anyone here tell me what comic (if any) the image originally appears in? I thought that Spider-Girl (Ron frenz) and Harley Quinn (Terry Dodson) were the apex, but then I stumbled upon Lady Bullseye in Secret Avengers and everything changed!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.