Jessica Drew is extremely unlikable to me

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have been trying to get into this character for a while now, I've read her 2015 and 2020 series and I just hate her. Spider-Woman is a mean, and nasty woman. I feel like she's written as a villain pretending to be a hero because she consistently does selfish things and never gets any blowback for it. Oh but it's okay because she has low self esteem and is a single mother. I swear the baby was written in so that the writers could use it to humanize Jess instead of actually having her do anything umambiguously good.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been trying to get into this character for a while now, I've read her 2015 and 2020 series and I just hate her. Spider-Woman is a mean, and nasty woman. I feel like she's written as a villain pretending to be a hero because she consistently does selfish things and never gets any blowback for it. Oh but it's okay because she has low self esteem and is a single mother. I swear the baby was written in so that the writers could use it to humanize Jess instead of actually having her do anything umambiguously good.

Marvel should had gotten Roger Stern to write Spider-Woman. I hated both the 2015 and 2020 series because the respective writers focused on her early stories of the original 1978 series out of sheer laziness. What they should had done was have Jess make a reoccurring guess appearance in the pages of Spider-Man where she and Parker are working together. Second transfer some of Spidet's unused rogues unto Jessica's world.