The Nine Circles of Hell (CVnU RP Location)

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nymphixia

Hell. The Homeland of the Damned.

What is Hell? Is it the realm of the dead, or that of the demonic? Is it home to the Devil, a spiritual realm beneath the Earth, constantly at war with the heavens? Or is it merely another plane of existence, one that feeds off of and harvests the deeds of the wicked?

It is hard to say, precisely, what Hell is or who belongs there. Many things about it are unknown -- but there are a few known facts.

Hell is divided into nine "circles," inspired and renamed after The Divine Comedy became a #1 bestseller on the demonic charts. The outer ring is known as Purgatory, or alternatively as the Gates of Hell. The next seven rings, of decreasing size and increasing vileness, are so named and themed off of each of the Seven Deadly Sins. And the solitary, abyssal globe at the center... well... we'll get to that later.

The Ninth Circle -- Purgatory (AKA The Gates of Hell)

Not a part of Hell in the strictest sense, Purgatory lays just outside of (or around, depending on how you see it) Hell proper. It is a place where fewer laws apply, a place for those who landed on the wrong side of the coin. Throughout Purgatory there is a long, winding road, paved with Good Intentions and leading to the infernal gates themselves.

As Hell is a place of rules and laws, Purgatory is the most accessible place for those who are up to no good. Organized crime (primarily the Soul Trade) and other illicit affairs that cannot be done in Hell proper, often find themselves in Purgatory.

Appearing as a desolate, bleak, and smog-filled city, with no signs of organic life, many people have confused Purgatory for the inner city of Detroit. Indeed, some more knowledgeable scholars have even traced portals leading back and forth from these two locations, strongly suggesting that they are in some way linked.

No Caption Provided

Not the most dangerous part of Hell, but far from the most fun.

The Eighth Circle -- Avalis, the Realm of Lust

This one is probably the most fun. Considered the "gateway sin," Avalis is the entrance to Hell proper and is dedicated to the sexual ecstasy in excess, often leading to death and occasionally leading to rebirth. Once a mortal enters Avalon, there is no way out.

No Caption Provided

Through the aphrodisiac miasma, Avalis is a dimly-lit and sensuous realm, orgiastic in the level of its excess, almost a caricature of the concept of Lust and pleasure. Every bizarre delight, every sickening act of bliss, can be taken part of here.

The Seventh Circle -- Bolorix, the Realm of Envy

In Bolorix, everything and anything can be yours... including (perhaps especially) that which belongs to others. This is the first true city of Hell, and one of the more cosmopolitan areas of Hell proper. Buildings and roads decorate the dreary hellscape the same way they might decorate a normal metropolis, but Bolorix is not as cosmopolitan as the realm of Avarice or even the realm of Pride. This is a place where nothing is for sale but anything can be taken. A place where nothing can be hidden, and a place where anyone can see what everyone else has... and take it for themselves.

No Caption Provided

Unless you truly subscribe to the sin of Envy, this is often the circle skipped first by prospective tourists and travelers.

The Sixth Circle -- Saylorr, the Realm of Gluttony

But just because it's the first one skipped does not make it the most vile. Saylorr, the realm of Gluttony, is broken into two areas -- the Feasthall, a relatively civilized place for those who wish to partake in the good things in life... to absolute excess. Surrounding the Feasthall and the road through Hell, lay the Flesh Barrens, a place of horror and disgust even for denizens of this foul place.

No Caption Provided

The Flesh Barrens is a wasteland of endless hunger, a place where nothing has a purpose besides being consumed. Nothing is safe from the infinite ravening of the very earth, a place of eyes and mouths and chomping fangs and burning saliva. A place of starvation and digestion and pain.

The Fifth Circle -- Poyphiss, the Realm of Sloth

Poyphiss is a bleak, empty, desolate place. A place with no purpose. A seemingly-unending wasteland with a horrifyingly high ceiling. A place where even sin goes to die. Nothing productive has ever happened in this place, and nothing ever will. In fact, portals were created at the ends of the Sixth and Fourth Circles so that nobody even has to pass through Poyphiss, so challenging is it to work up the will to even walk across it.

No Caption Provided

Often a place where the influx of the Dead were stabled, this empty stretch of black grounds and cliffs was so infused with mindless laziness that often the lost souls inhabiting the place lack the motivation to even suffer. This is considered "humane" in Hell.

The Fourth Circle -- Rathix, the Realm of Wrath

Appearing to be an infinite tempest, Rathix is the battleground of Hell. A place where people go to kill, maim, rip, torture, destroy, die, be reborn, and begin the cycle anew.

No Caption Provided

Every form of natural storm can be found here, from hurricanes to volcanoes to earthquakes, and all of them seem to occur simultaneously, forming an ever-shifting arena for the screaming madness of the condemned and the hell-spawned. Few places here are civilized, but for the border of the Third Circle, which contains a small, floating citadel where citizens of Thacil hold an enormous gambling ring -- betting on the winners and losers of the infinite wars, like an infernal coliseum.

The Third Circle -- Thacil, the Realm of Avarice

The second-largest city in Hell, Thacil is a long, winding range of mountains and chasms, in the center of which is a large city. This is a cosmopolitan place of business and treachery, fueled entirely by avarice and greed. Demonic corporations arise and business is done, all for the love of more. Earth and Hell are both exploited in the name of endless profit, for this is a realm where the word "enough" has no meaning.

No Caption Provided

This is where most small infernal businesses are run, and while most of the important political aspects are entrusted to the Second Circle instead, the commercial intellect behind the entrepreneur of Thacil attracts many important tasks and corrupt dealings.

The Second Circle -- Dis, the Realm of Pride

The gateway between Hell and the Pit, the realm of Pride is the largest city in Hell. This is where the Hellhounds are kept, where the ruling parties of Hell reside, and where all important political dealings are done. In the center of Dis lies The Citadel, a place so evil that it sucks Dis into itself, mile by mile, forcing this realm to continually adapt and rebuild, moving its most important operations to the edges of the city.

No Caption Provided

Depending on your status, this is either the first place in Hell you want to be... or the very last. It is a place of torment and fire, of darkness and hatred, and of sinister Pride. Of evil so complete and pointless that the only motivation behind it is to be better, to be worse, to be the most spectacular and the most horrible all at once.

The First Circle -- The Abyss

The Abyss. The Pit.

This place is a void, a sphere of endless darkness that cannot be traversed or explored. Some say it houses the core of evil itself -- some call this entity Lucifer or the Devil. Some call it simply a concept, evilness, the darkness within all of us made real. All earth-bound religions have a name for this place and what may or may not reside inside. But even with the current reign of the dead, nobody dares tread inside. Even if this True Darkness could be comprehended it could never be explored.

No Caption Provided

FOR IT IS JUDGMENT. IT IS DARKNESS. IT IS ENDLESS. IT IS ABYSS.

Rules:

• Try to actually have a reason to be in Hell. If your character is some form of demonic or undead, go for it. If your plotline leads you here somehow, have fun.
  • No conquering Hell (seriously you guys, come on).
  • Do your best to be awesome. If being awesome is difficult for you in some way, try harder to be awesome.
  • Feel free to expound on existing mythology as long as you don't directly contradict pre-existing canon (such as soul harvesting, the hellhounds, the content of this post, etc.).
  • I might add more rules if I think of good ones.
  • Have fun!

Welcome to Hell, chummer.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

(Fantastic Work)

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Big_and_Bad

Fantastic work, Joy!

Avatar image for the_vatican_assassin
The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool!
cool!

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done :)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work :-)

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bout time, I love the concept from dates inferno. Great job

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bout time, I love the concept from dates inferno. Great job

I have loved the idea of a somewhat watered-down, survivable and realistic form of Dante's hell for some time now, I've incorporated it into storylines and even tried to work it into a novel that I was never able to get off its feet. So, I figured with characters like Nymphixia and GreyWolf, who were connected to an in-universe Hell that was constantly left very vague and never actually expanded on by anyone in the community, I'd take it upon myself to try to flesh out this world and make it a little bit more real for everyone. :) I just hope I did a decent job with it.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bout time, I love the concept from Dante's inferno. Great job

It is really a cool idea.

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nymphixia: to me you did. Perfect timing to drop it as well. I'll be posting here maybe tonight

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You fck royt off. tell her to meet me out here, I'm not goin in there." Shawn exclaims at the gate of purgatory, Cerberus being a dick as usual

"Ah come on kid, go inside and see your mama in her place of work. It'll be good for your character."

"Fck you."

The second head from the middle to the left shakes saliva loose from it's jowls, "Those throat skills, lucifer divine."

The third from the right snaps it's jaws at the other two and growls, always having a soft spot for Shawn, as much as one demon dog could, as the slow turn of it's territorial doberman like head with the hollow right eye dominated the others into a submitted drooping of the ears, as he addresses Shawn "She's going to be busy for another half a millenia, or four topside hours. Come back, around then."

Shawn sighs,"Awright. tell her I stopped by if she shows up before then." He says beginning to walk back up the road to perdition, before a giant paw slams into the road and he turns to see all eyes staring at him in agreement.

"Damn it...awright." Reaching into his coat he pulls out a a deceptively large femur and throws it at their feet, "Giant's thigh. Hard to come by and pricey as all hell's circles. I'll be expecting more than just a messenger service for that in the future."

They ignored him, too busy fighting over the bone between themselves. But they knew, you don't do generosity in hell, everything is an agreement without a written contract here.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy Devil, this is sooooo cooooool!

I guess I would simply be sent to the Abyss =D

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Pyrogram

Alright, read it and it was worth it. Really cool, nice depth.

BloodDiamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conquers it, turns all demons and hounds to unikitties, blows it up and goes after Heaven!

Seriously awesome job

The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda looking forward to posting in here.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pyrogram
The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Yeah that actually works just fine

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_vatican_assassin: Cool, it'll be so strange as neither of us know what's up with it at all, but what's life without uncertainty xD

The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Dude I never know whats up with anything lol. I walk around life blind deaf and dumb. But its stress free at least :D

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_vatican_assassin: Was just saying to Psy today, I didn't know how but I BS'd may way into becoming president without any planning or thought :P I know what you mean xD

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, I better set up a profile for my character, Hellraiser, and get down here.

The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Searches for Quintus, Charlie, Mercy's mommy.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I know that. I saw him get kidnapped.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Clarice is using him as a slave or something, that's kinda funny :P

Alister_Vonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alister_Vonce

@pyrogram said:

Clarice is using him as a slave or something, that's kinda funny :P

No Caption Provided

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@arquitenens: Clarice is using him as a slave or something, that's kinda funny :P

I knew there was something funny going on : P

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Surkit

Searches for Quintus, Charlie, Mercy's mommy.

No Caption Provided

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nymphixia: WOOHOO! DIS or GTFO! This is great, Joy.

@pyrogram said:

*ships sex slavery*

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pyrogram
The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The Psyentist

@pyrogram: Really? I shipped it in the shipping thread. :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Yeah, we decided it probably wouldn't happen, but it'd be hella hot if it did. Tehehe.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: The premise of a slave is they don't have a choice. Quintus....Poor, poor Quintus.

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alister_Vonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alister_Vonce

@pyrogram said:

The premise of a slave is they don't have a choice. Quintus....Poor, poor Quintus.

No Caption Provided

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alister_Vonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alister_Vonce

@pyrogram:

Quintus helping cross dressing Clarice pick out her next victim
Quintus helping cross dressing Clarice pick out her next victim

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nymphixia

Dang, awesome you guys, wasn't expecting Hell to have such a terrific turn-out. Thanks for the support guys. <3

Rakdos_Dagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus

I was a demon once...

I fought for chaos, lived to please my superiors... And now, I am a superior.

That doesn't stop me from occasionally coming for a visit, for this place was where I learned the art of the kill, where I earned my reputation...

But now, I needn't prove myself any longer. My story began here, and I merely pay my respects to it...

Rakdos_Dagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers