Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Myrmidon_
No Caption Provided

Tony sat in the international conference, millions of eyes watching him on international TV, possibly a billion, was this the start of a war? Was this the start of something that would change the face of humanity as we see it? This, was going to effect everything. Stark knew there was only one way to gain the trust of the public back after the Fox news reveal, he had wished to censor the news, however...that would turn out worse than expected, he may hire a hitman to kill the Fox presenter however, but he was a hero, a simple man attempting to help the mutants. He was going to opt for the truth. Once and for all. He spoke, the eyes of the world descending on him....Or a form of the truth. The population could never know what was happening, Even HALO had secrets, secrets not even they would want to reveal.

Stationed around the room, guarding the doors and the sky's outside were the Force Division 9, Tony's life was in-danger, he was not going to come unprotected, even if his Mark Two Armour was embedded into his Bones. This was publicly announced however, he had told the conference already why he had them, it was for safety, Nobody had questioned the presence of them.

He looked around, at his adviser then at his personal bodyguard @nerx , He stared into the crowd of reporters. He spoke.

"My name, Is tony stark..." He stood up for a split second, and took out a note of paper.

He had so many truths...what one would he tell first? What one could he tell first...the truth he was going to tell, was going to be the truth that was a lie...

"After the death, the tragic and unforgivable death of 50 members of the United sates Peacekeeping division, I sent 50 of my personal, Force Nine units, as a revenge attack. I am only human, and I lost a great number of friends when those men were attacked, I acted without thought, I sent in a retaliation" He sat back down, holding back fake tears as he held his eyes.

"Will you condemn me? Will you judge me? Will you call me evil? Have you never acted without thinking in anger, of-course you have, Now imagine that anger, that sorrow for 50 lives lost, I am doing, what is needing to be done - THAT is the truth"

He nodded, then looked at every reporter in the eye for a split second each.

"I made a pledge, a pledge to defend this country. I will defend it till my last breath, Over-seas personally if I need-to, I will defend myself and my actions, in meetings like this"

He sat back down "News cooperation's everywhere, You are allowed free press, as you should be, but don't - For news poll ratings turn your sworn defender into the enemy. Their are forces at play, Ones that even I, member of the Cabinet find it hard to even comprehend, I am just a man...a man in some Armour hoping to do any good, Don't condemn me, please"

He then laid back in his chair, waiting for the questions to come. Hoping he would answer them.

-

On-Top of the Conference building

No Caption Provided

General MacMillian stood in his suit, 25 Force Division Nine units were guarding the entrance, and the sky's around the conference. Making sure nobody could launch a massive attack on it, or if they did...at-least they could respond.

Rules to RP in the temporary conference

Nothing, all can come and question Tony.

This is a coupled OoC also, talk away.

Avatar image for eagle_of_the_east
Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[ I am LOVING this media war. ]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Myrmidon_

@eagle_of_the_east: [ So am I, It is so different from normal wars xD , there is this, then the "underground" fighting that we will media against one-another ]

Avatar image for agent_california
Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[ I am LOVING this media war. ]

(It may go hot as the other peacekeepers get deployed. :B)

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_california: [ Hehe! Its already gone hot actually, we've been rumbling in the HALO thread for a couple of days now. ]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

this will make the middle east look like easter

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Agent_California
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@agent_california: ah sand ewoks, how adorable

(With Bioweapons that can overwhelm the healing factor of a pissed off hulk and reduce him into goop and chew through metal)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mememine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: Raising her hand while standing, truth seeker and hard hitting investigatory reporter Amanda Hugginkiss chimed in. "Mr. Stark are you aware of the Term, False Flag Event? Basically its an event designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities, groups or nations than those who actually planned and executed them. Operations carried during peace-time by civilian organizations, as well as covert government agencies, may by extension of events called false flag operations if they seek to hide the real organization behind an operation."the crowed rumble amongst themselves. "I have here satellite imagery provided to us by the NSA that not only recorded the departure time of the first wave of War Machine's, but their South American arrival and destination. According to these documents these War Machines arrived in Venezuela opening fire on the Halo building only EIGHT minutes after the country was rocked by unexplained explosions. That means they were authorized, prepped, and in flight before the catastrophe had even happened. Mr. Stark can you explain what these machines, who seemingly were purposely stripped of any discernible U.S. markings or Peak logos, were doing on a supposed U.S. sanctioned peacekeeping mission attacking a corporate building? I understand you initially led the American public to believe it was some sort of momentary act of revenge, but how is that possible if they were in fact the first ones sent over? What peacekeeping operation requires the use of" pausing as she raised a single sheet of paper closer to her face pulling her reading glasses down. "Missiles, depleted Uranium rounds coupled with Tank rounds, shoulder mounted assault weapons, and repulsor rays. But not one first aid kit. Not one stretcher, not one bandage, not so much as even a band-aid."

No Caption Provided

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still waiting for Gambler's response to this tactic.

Bold nature with little forethought, very movie Stark, but you left yourself wide open for this to backfire. (unless this is your intention which is even more awesome)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Myrmidon_

@live_at_five:

Stark folded his arms as the first attacker opened fired with a blitz of questions, accusations and abuses. He listened to her carefully, before she spoke, he swiftly tapped his ear, turning on Horizon, ready to advice him, he leaned back bored in his chair as she lectured him, but listening without distraction, opting for Horizon to drown out background noise through the implant in his mind.

Upon hearing about the satellite evidence he thought to Horizon "Wipe the database about everything to do with us in the NSA satellites, premonition has given us access to all of the countries security databases, you have completed access, do me proud Horizon" He did not make a move as he thought this, simply smiling at the woman, all of her evidence was just deleted apart from physical evidence.

Horizon spoke - "Sir, All date deleted from the NSA databases as requested. Now putting together a fake file about this woman for use, ETA 1 minute"

Tony brushed his tie down, coughing before he spoke "Are you aware of the term, doctored , you clearly do, but for members of the audience who may not, this is changing the content or appearance of a document or picture, in order to deceive"

Horizon spoke - "Fake documents and files created, fake ones implanted into NSA database, perfect copies"

He smiled condescendingly, "This, is exactly what you have done, I have satellite image from the NSA, the Original copies from the NSA" He pointed towards the printers in the far corner as papers came out. "That have just been printed, these show the real times and dates, I also have video evidence of my Division Five workers going in and being attacked"

Horizon - "Sir, Perfect video evidence fraud created, thank the NATO foundation for the technology for that"

He stood up and smacked the table, then pointed towards her "You have not ONLY faked evidence and discredited yourself as a reporter, You are also working for the HALO corps, we have been tracking you for a few days now since your recent report on national TV, We have evidence, solid proof that you have been working with the now terrorist organisation in my view, the HALO CORPORATION" The crowd all started to shuffle and talk quickly.

"You are a fake reporter, attempting to perform a form industrial espionage, Treason and possibly, that grants me the ability to have you arrested in this very room, right now - discrediting you and making your whole argument not just invalid, but fraudulent"

Horizon - "Sir, Fake evidence created"

"You're Idea about me being this tyrant who goes about killing people, attacking innocent members of society, is simply sick, You have committed Treason. against your own country, you have lied, Nationally and internationally to members of the world, attempting to deceive and discrete a member of the US Cabinet when in fact, we have solid proof about your workings and dealings with the HALO corp" He got up, and looked at the woman, the crowd started to cheer as he got a standing ovation.

Horizon spoke - Sir, complete evidence protocols has now been competed, we have enough information to arrest the woman for high treason against the US, and enough evidence to discredit here as a reporter, printing now"

Tony pointed towards the printer as document after document was printed. A member of the press walked over and picked it up, looking at the now discredited reported, he spoke "It's true, SHE IS A SCAM!" The crowd started jeering him on, a police officer walked up-to the woman and spoke as he shook his head.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you, now put your hands behind your back and leave, with a bit of dignity"

Stark sat back down, looking up at the audience.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Myrmidon_
Avatar image for sterling_boothe
Sterling_Boothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sterling_Boothe
No Caption Provided

Sterling bided his time sitting on the far side of the prosecution, he had pulled some strings in the Supreme Court, his great grandfather was a Judge as well as a member of the social elite. He was waiting for the opportunity to swoop in and defend his old friend, he needed to get back on his good side, suspicions were rising.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Point, Tony is a good guy, doing bad things to get an even worse guy like LuBu.

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: [ Wait a minute. How is Gambler going to counter?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Point, Tony is a good guy, doing bad things to get an even worse guy like LuBu.

I'm not judging because I do not know what your goal is, just pointing out that there are still t's to cross IMO.

I think it's admirable that your throwing yourself out there without a parachute

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Myrmidon_

@armistice: No I get you bud xD I know I know, I got it planned, I did not, but I got it all planned now regardless of how he counters.

Thank you man :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: [ Wait a minute. How is Gambler going to counter?

Really not fair for me to say how I would do it, my post after Morte's will give you an inkling.

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: [ I mean he's kinda busy at the moment.. fighting for his life and whatnot. ]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east:

True, but again I cannot answer without throwing OOC stuff into the wind to be used against him.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nerx

@anthony_stark: [she can always be hushed by a series of 'house visits']

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Myrmidon_

@nerx: [ Let's not kill her xD ]

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: [you don't 'kill' them per se, just 'persuade' them with 'arguments'. Think of Tamara Urushadze, when people get smart you remind them to quiet down]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Myrmidon_

@nerx: [ I do not want it to back-fire on us, She is arrested and ashamed, that will do ]

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: [how about irreversible mental abuse by way of captivity and starvation? women do have higher pain threshold then men but once they are broken they would not pose any threat]

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AmazingAngel

@anthony_stark: (Broke flood limit :) (Meant to post as Sterling.....oops)

Sterling stands to his feet and dusts himself off,"I have a statement in defence of Mr Stark, now correct me if I am wrong but is he not a military contractor." He looks around at the diplomats and congressmen in the room nodding their heads, "and is Venezuela not a current War Zone, now I find it pretty hard to believe," Sterling laughs to himself , "that a military contractor involved in a coordinated strike on a current war zone had absolutely no government involvement. I know that the U.S. government has a habit of denying things that don't go exactly to plan. " The crowd erupts with cheers, jeers and even laughter Boothe struggles to talk over the top of the noise "SO DID THIS MAN BETRAY YOU OR DID HIS GOVERNMENT, IN COOPERATION WITH THE HALO CORPORATION BETRAY HIM!", Sterling sits back down with a smile on his face, he looks over to Tony with a face that says 'roll with it'.

No Caption Provided

mememine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mememine

@anthony_stark: She listened to the fabrications of the nations supposed hero and simply smiled. Wondering if the iron patriot realized he had not only replicated the exact same path as the man he sought to take down, but surpassed it. In erasing Federal documents, falsifying information, covering up the truth, and using his political connections to orchestrate a war, he had become the conspiratorial monster ever free thinking American dreaded. The shadow government that fueled so many unbelievable tales of horror had been made real and hypnotically swallowed by so called heroes who had chosen to remain blind to the facts in exchange for a place to belong. Without struggle Amanda Hugginkiss surrendered herself willing. In time the true villains of this miscarriage of justice would have their day and answer for their crimes.

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_House_of_L

and is Venezuela not a current War Zone

Actually, no, its not :P

Avatar image for contessa_devereux
Contessa_Devereux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_lebeau: die for us and become a living symbol, a martyr. ;)

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@live_at_five:

Tony stark, watched with a sick feeling in his stomach, he knew what he had done, he knew what lies he had told and how in the future, they would come back to destroy him. But....this was the only way to defeat HALO corps, his sacrifice, his personal destruction would be worth defeating a tyrant. He only hoped one-day in the history books, he would not go down as a tyrant. He got up and looked at the audience, walking over to a camera and grabbing it, showing his face-close up.

"You wanted the truth? You got the truth"

He let go of the camera as he walked out of the conference, back to Peak Tower.

Close Conference RP

Contessa_Devereux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Myrmidon_
Contessa_Devereux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: no, it'll be too much of a kick.

Contessa_Devereux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: Your motives are becoming quite transparent ;) don't worry I won't tell the press.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: Your motives are becoming quite transparent ;) don't worry I won't tell the press.

I have heard things about Lu, saying he wants to genocide the entire Mutant population, that is my determination to stop him. If I am wrong however and I have been mis-lead, those people will be brought to justice, and killed by Starks hands :P

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers