McGrath Residence (CVnU: Base of Operations)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

"Upon his initial arrival to New York City, Jason McGrath took it upon himself to establish a magnificent residence and private base of operations amidst the outskirts of the city. Currently, he uses it as a place to stay during his infrequent intervals between his perilous activities and unusual antics."

The exterior and much of the interior of the property itself is comprised of a beautiful ivory and mahogany color scheme, boasting a moderately sizable fountain of water before it, and complimented by an array of ivory lights that can be alit at a whim. The verdant lawns are adorned with a selection of two masterfully sculpted effigies, intentionally bearing resemblance to a form of medieval architecture. Much of the interior of the manor, however, has been comprised of a contemporary design, mostly distinctive around the kitchen and living areas (which are both in close proximity). There are many rooms and bathrooms throughout the eight storied residence, each of which have been comprised of similarly contemporary architectures.

There also lies a consistently well-kept, rectangular pool out back, slightly below a mere few ivory footsteps. The designs out here are bear a slightly modernized resemblance to the front of the property, amidst a few potted plants and a circular hot tub. There is also another, considerably smaller pool and hot tub in the interior of the house on the lowest floor. On the terrace upon one of the higher floors, numerous chairs and rests have been stationed for the purpose of enabling one to indulge themselves of the view.

Not only this, but there is a rather comprehensive library upon the lowest floor, which happens to be the location of Jason's private base of operations. Should a small figurehead be opened and the button within it clicked, the wall and shelf beside the fireplace will temporarily be moved, which would allow Jason to utilize a DNA scan mechanism to open a door that leads down to his base underground.

Security Measures

The vast wealth amassed from Jason's inheritance, as well as his mercenary occupation, has enabled him to equip his home with a large array of advanced visual recorders positioned inside and out of the estate, as well as armed weaponry designed to stun, incapacitate, and even kill intruders. The rounds from the covertly positioned weaponry have been designed to penetrate many forms of armor or protection, and can down even superhumanely durable individuals. Not only this, but the cameras themselves are able to detect nearly any resonation or vibration of sound throughout the air, and can alter visualization to virtually any wavelength of electromagnetic radiation or component of light. Facial recognition and identity confirmation software has been installed within the cameras as well.

The Dreadbase

No Caption Provided

Past the hidden and technologically protected entrance within the property's library, lies Jason's underground, somewhat expansive base of operations used to safely place weapons, gear, special devices and artifacts, access his supercomputer system, keep vehicles, and store numerous special suits. The base itself has been embellished in darker themed contemporary architecture, somewhat inspired by the architecture of Gothic City. The silver walkway in the center of the base bears a distinctive symbol resembling Asad's mask, with his computer bearing a white and black color scheme complementary to his costume. And finally, a heavily fortified vehicle exit has been constructed to enable vehicles to emerge through the slightly more foresty area behind the home. Information pertaining to the Dreadbase's existence has mostly been withheld, and the very same security measures positioned around the upper property have been installed here.

Rules and OOC

- CVnU Rules apply.

- Anyone is allowed to show up here.

- Sell the security measures if you're wanting to break in, and PM me beforehand if you're wanting to attack.

- No one yet knows of the underground base, so regardless of whatever powers your character may possess, I don't want them instantly finding out about it.

- Most importantly, have fun.

- Shoutout to TheFlashFire/NighThunder. His McStorm Family Estate location was an inspiration in the creation of this.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Blows it up from orbit*

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

May visit sometime.

Avatar image for damian_carlisle
Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*no sells base*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

A newly purchased jeep wrangler rolled up onto the residence's exquisite premises, with Jason himself exiting the vehicle moments later. He wore an onyx leather coat over casual black garments; two personal handguns were holstered at his side, with a knife cleverly hidden in his sleeve. His absentminded expression gave the air of a man deep in thought - understandably.

As expected, his recent betrayal of Strike hadn't gone unnoticed, though at the very least, he hoped to evade any agents deployed for his arrest and possible interrogation. He didn't wish to harm any of his former allies, but was aware that doing so was an inevitability.

Quickly crossing his lawn, he withdrew a key out of his pocket, unlocking the front door. Little did he know that what he foreboded already awaited him, in the confines of his home.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tyrus_

@dreadpool10:

When the door opened the natural light of the outside world chased away the shadows of his living room to reveal a strangely armored woman sitting in a chair with an oversized gun casually pointing at the front door...and now at him.

No Caption Provided

The woman brought the finger of her free hand up to where her lips would be to suggest silence and then used the same hand to place a device he would likely recognize as a portable holographic projector from STRIKE on the table. The device activated and a life sized hard light projection of Tyrus materialized to the left side of the table. Tyrus clasped her hands behind her back, her eyes doing little to hide the distaste she felt upon seeing him. "You know your team mates well Dreadpool, so I chose to send someone you wouldn't be familiar with. This woman is here to show you that I can reach you at any time and remember...I have your profile." She tapped the side of her head to remind him that she memorized the profiles of all her team members. "I'm sure you were compensated well for your back stabbing. I can't decide who I'm more angry with, myself for not seeing the obvious coming or you for doing it even though it's clearly in your nature, mercenary." She said the last word with venom most reserved only for their most hated opponents.

"So there are two ways we can move forward, both of them require you to sit down." The woman in his chair motioned to one of the free chairs in the room with her free hand. "In case you're wondering, that woman's gun fires a self propelled mass reactive seventy five caliber round. It's basically a miniature rocket launcher and she can fire it in three round bursts, single shots or full auto. You're body would probably regenerate from being blown into tiny bloody chunks, but I don't think you'd like where you found yourself regenerating. The other option is a simple one. You're immortal, the world needs immortals, or it will very soon anyway. To say I will never trust you again is obvious but I care more about the safety of this planet than I do a grudge against a lone traitor." Holographic Tyrus held out her hands palms up like a scale. "So which option do you want to hear more about?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

For a moment, Jason froze, brows furrowed; evidently, he was caught off guard at the lack of notice from his security mechanisms. In the next instance, however, he'd began to move towards a chair at a methodical pace. But starkly contrasting Tyrus' evident disdain, Jason smirked, eyes flickering from the projection of Tyrus, to the armored agent, and back to the projection.

Blatantly ignoring her inquiry as he seated himself, he instead remarked, "Actually, I wasn't compensated at all for this one, I haven't fully crossed the moral event horizon, ya know. I'm actually kinda hurt, no contract's worth all the resources Strike gave me." Shaking his head, he continued, "Surprise, this ain't a typical mercenary tale, but its ending is actually pretty beneficial to you and... everyone. No spoilers, though."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Tyrus shook her head. "This is the part where you tell me stealing information from our servers and teleporting away is better for everyone? What reason could I possibly have to believe you at all? You stole information, you know information is the life blood of STRIKE. There are files on that lovely little drive of yours that could ruin the lives of people on this ship but it's somehow ok that you did it because 'hey guys don't worry, it helps everyone.'" Tyrus narrowed her eyes. "Maybe a month ago I would have been inclined to believe you, but so far I've been stabbed in the back by entire organizations meant to support us, so you'll forgive me if I find it hard to believe now."

The armored woman remained silent, her face hidden behind the armored mask of her helmet.

Tyrus paused for a moment and was quiet. She began pacing, a motion the hard light hologram replicated flawlessly. "I haven't informed Solar Hawk you have her file. You need to delete it if you claim to be on the right side of any moral event horizons." The file had been updated recently to indicate her pregnancy, a fact still with held from the world since she wasn't showing yet and it could encourage certain types of people to gun for her when she was 'weak' by her 'condition.' Tyrus paused and returned her full gaze to Jason. "What the hell encouraged you to do this?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

There it was. What Dreadpool had anticipated, what he had asked himself on numerous occasions before his betrayal. The 'why'. What encouraged these actions; what possessed him to potentially endanger his allies - people that trusted him - for the sake of some machiavellian plot that already had a considerably slim chance of achieving success. His smirk faltered, and for once, he didn't utter an indiscriminate jest. The erratically equable swagger that he so commonly exuded had deserted him, and after a few, short moments... he finally spoke.

"Boredom," His timbre was low, and his answer was simple. There was no real justification, and thus, he divulged the truth. "Its been fun, playing the hero. I'm glad to have met alot of my comrades, for lack of a better word. Didn't mind the eye candy either," He winked,"But let's be honest, with the way my head works, this phase wasn't gonna last very long term. Like I said, it was fun, great people, but my propensity to be a wildcard kinda overrules everything else."

Expelling a sigh, he added, "Sad as it sounds, that's my nature, Ty. Has been for two... maybe three years. Now, probably won't mean much, but I'll delete Solar Hawk's file. Don't want her kid being gunned at before hes even born."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Tyrus was silent for a time after his reply, her eyes locked on him, unwavering. Eventually she broke the tense air of silence with soft words. "I see." She said quietly. Some might have been enraged by a simple "because I was bored' response but Tyrus understood. Sometimes my own instincts tell me to do terrible, terrible things with the power I have been given. The difference between him and myself is that I resist temptation where as he always eventually caves to it. Make a note to enter that into an updated file later. "We all have our own demons." She said after a moment. "That doesn't excuse what you've done, nor does the fact I am grateful for your cooperation with Solar Hawk's file."

Tyrus fell quiet for a moment again before continuing. "I also don't believe that's all that drove you to do it. I will however, take option A off the table. Option B remains. The world is going to need you to play the boring role of hero again in a matter of months. I'd tell you more, but you might tell someone else. Suffice to say there is a threat coming that will find immortals rather difficult to deal with."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

Gently tilting his head in exhibition of sudden interest, Jason said, "A threat coming? Sounds interesting enough... we having another Cataclysm? Aliens? An invasion? Nevermind that, you just said you're not gonna tell me more. Regardless, I'd almost take you up on that second option, but.... after this, I'm pretty sure you already implied you'll never trust me again if I return to Strike, and let's be honest, nor will anyone else after this. Being constantly watched and glowered at kinda kills my incentive. I mean, my incentive aside from not wanting to be blown up and then put in a cell."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Tyrus held up a hand to suggest he wait a moment before making any sort of decision. "I'm not talking about calling you back to STRIKE, that is not an option. We are working on detailed information and will release a briefing to the world's governments once it is all in my possession. At that point I will send you further information. What I will need you to do is what you have shown me you are best at. Gain their trust, infiltrate their ranks and attack them from within."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

"Don't get too ahead about what I'm best at. I hate to get of topic again - kidding, I don't care either way - but you do realize no one else but me has actually read the flash drive yet, right? I could still, say, crush it or give to you and forget this ever happened. You of all people should have the tech to test whether or not I'm lying about that," Jason divulged, shaking his head.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tyrus_

@dreadpool10:

"So assuming what you said about doing this because you were bored was true, why do you have the information still? Why not just destroy the flash drive? This whole process doesn't make much sense to me. You betrayed your allies because you were bored, stole a flash drive with critical information and you're just sitting on it and reminding me that you can destroy it? I would love nothing more than for you to destroy it." Tyrus moved her hand to a panel that was 'off screen' from the hologram and activated an analysis of his facial expressions and tone of voice to test the truth behind his statements, just as he had suggested. What he's saying is difficult to understand. Why would you betray everything just because you're bored...and why wouldn't you sell or trade away the information? Something is missing here. I doubt lie detecting technology is going to give me anything useful, the well trained can fool even the best such technology.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

No Caption Provided

"I admit I'm using insane troll logic like boredom. None of this makes sense, I know," Jason admitted, stifling a chuckle at her evident perplexity. Blissfully ignorant of the fact that she'd taken his advise, he continued, "Option B sounds fun, but I've got this all under control. If all goes well, Strike could make new allies, and your faith will be restored. If it fails... then you have my word that the flash drive will be destroyed." After all, if he failed, there would be no point of keeping the flash drive any longer. Thus, every weighed syllable of his final sentence bore truth.

"Keep any agent accessible com channels open, I'll be contacting you soon with the result," In the unusually significant split second following his utterance, Dreadpool attempted to instantaneously dissemble his molecular structure, wishing to teleport himself ways away from his residence. Unfortunate as it was, for the time being, staying there wasn't an option. And he couldn't risk his teleport being tracked into the Dreadbase.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21 Feral Nova  Moderator

@dreadpool10:

It’s been roughly three months since Zoe had first been cured from the Necodexa virus. Roughly three months since she burned parts of LA to the ground. Roughly three months since she had her massive mental breakdown and about a month since she last had her last breakdown. Even though she was cured, healed from the sickness that controlled her, she was still healing from the mental and emotional scars that it left behind. She still woke up with nightmares every now and then. Flashes of the people she killed, the people she infected, the look on Mr. Frenches face... it would all come back to remind her of her sins.Even with the support of Jacob and her friends at We Are Legend, it was still a struggle some days. Isolation, she felt, was the key to her healing so far. Being away from overcrowded cities helped her heal. No eyes glaring at her, questioning her every move. No malice words whispering around her. Luna Island was one of the many keys that have helped in her healing. But now she felt she was finally ready. Ready to see the man who saved her life. It was a visit long overdue, but she couldn’t get herself to see him face to face, until she felt she was mentally ready. Until she knew she wouldn't go into a full blown panic attack in front of him. She actually would have waited longer, but after speaking to Jacob about it, he was right, it was long overdue.

She began to approach the home of the man who saved her, Jason, former teammate of STRIKE and the only person who actually tried to help her. Zoe began tugging on her clothes, simple jeans and a black t-shirt, she already wore a uniform almost everyday, casual wear is the best in her eyes. But then she began running her fingers through her much shorter hair than from when he last saw her, cutting it shortly after she was cured, when she had her massive anxiety attack at the WAL HQ the first night. But that was just nervousness, what she was actually embarrassed about was taking so long to thank Jason in person. But now here she was, unannounced about threeish months later. Walking up to the door she took in a deep breath, and held it for a moment as she rang the doorbell. She could hear the ring of the bell echo through the home as she began to wonder… what if he wasn’t even home!? “Maybe it would have been a good idea to call first…” she mumbled to herself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

The sun shone through the snowy clouds, yet hardly a glare shimmered through the window's of the decorative home, which had all been veiled in the last three months. The grass on the residence's lawn, once groomed to near perfection, were clearly untrimmed and interlaced with weeds. The outdoor fountain looked as though it'd been hit with a miniature drought. But none of these subtle details compared to Jason himself.

As the doorbell echoed through the dusty interior of the mansion, it was nearly a full minute before Jason decided to act upon it. A few minutes ago, he'd been sprawled on the floor in his living room, just awakening from his latest attempt to defy his immortality. His hair was ruffled, his once clean shaven facial hair having grown untamed due to depressive lethargy. His skin had adopted a slightly pale hue do to lack of sun, and bags had formed beneath his eyes. He wore a navy blue T-Shirt and a pair of cargo pants; there was a patch of what appeared to be blood on the shirt. An IMI desert eagle lay beside him.

Exasperatedly muttering about how he was still alive, he got up sighing. Walking over to the door, he grasped the knob, his expression bored and somewhat annoyed as he pulled the door open without so much as asking who it was.

What the-

Jason froze as his blue eyes fell upon Zoe, his heart skipping a beat. He didn't smile, nor made any immediate attempt to greet her. Dozens of scenarios were going through his underused hypermind as he contemplated his friend and former teammate; in an alternate world, it might've been more.

Finally regaining his ability to speak, he said, "Z-Zoe I..." He didn't know whether to be overjoyed that she was here, alive and well, or to be saddened that there meeting took place at this point in his life. In fact, he wasn't entirely convinced that this wasn't another hallucination. He had a tendency of seeing them after every attempt at shooting or blowing himself up, and then regenerating.

"You shouldn't be here," he finished.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Feral Nova  Moderator

@dreadpool10: (I really wish you would have told me he was suicidal... I feel completely side swiped)

Zoe stood there for a few minutes, contemplating on whether she should just leave or stick around. She should have called, this was stupid, she shouldn’t have just shown up unannounced. What if he was busy? What if he wasn’t even home? She’ll just go, she leave, and give him a call later on and maybe invite him to coffee or something… everyone likes coffee rig-

Before her thoughts continued the door opened and it took her a few seconds to realize who it was standing before her at the door. She didn’t recognize him right away, she was taken back by his appearance as her eyes looked at Jason from head to toe and back again. He was a mess, no, worse than a mess, he looked like what she looked like three months ago. Those same tired eyes, the similar sun deprived skin, the same greasy hair from refusing to shower because of depression that hung over her like a personalized raincloud. But out of everything that caught her off guard, it was the blood stain on his shirt, dark, almost black spot where the blood had crusted over already. Concern began to wash over her. What happened to him?

He began muttering her name after the two had a moment examining each other for a moment. She forced an awkward smile, he didn’t seem happy to see her. He didn’t seem like he was feeling… anything. But then said he spoke the same exact words that she spoke to him those months ago.

You shouldn’t be here.”

For a moment, it almost felt as if the roles were reversed from when the two were in Emerald City. Jason had come to save Zoe, and she muttered those words to him. But he didn’t give up, he didn’t turn her back away. Something was going on with Jason, and Zoe was now standing before him, unannounced, just like he did with her. Her mouth suddenly went dry as she cleared her throat, trying to figure out what to say next. “Yeah… I-I I just… um...” she began, trying to figure out how to push this through this awkward moment. “I meant to call I just- I couldn’t-” she struggled speaking even the simplest sentence. It had been months since she just had a casual conversation with someone, anyone, outside of We Are Legend. She stopped herself for a moment, taking in a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. “I needed to come talk to you.” She finally said it. “So uh…” Zoe didn’t know what else to say, so this time, she asked. “Jason, can we talk, please?” Concern for her once teammate oozed in her voice as her eyes continued to shift downward towards the blood stain on his shirt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: (Sorry bout that! I originally wasn't going to make him suicidal (he was just gonna be a bit depressed), until I got an idea from that one episode of Charmed (when Cole became suicidal, but was invincible).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

Oh god, the irony.

Beside himself with bemusement, Jason forced a nervous smile. His doubts regarding her being an illusion were ebbing away as she spoke. No hallucination had ever sounded so concerned for him, nor made him timid.

He scratched his head, drawing in a shaky breath as he considered her. He'd never wanted her to see him like this, in this state of mind where he questioned his own worth. Where he desperately longed to bring an end to his own existence. Death would be far preferable to living and aimlessly searching for purpose that simply didn't exist. He didn't want her to remember him like this.

Fate, of course, had thought otherwise.

"Yeah, sure," he said. "We, er, probably should talk out here though. The house is kind've a mess, heh." He stepped outside with her, closing the door behind him.

"It's really good to see you, after however long. But, like I said, you really shouldn't be here. As you can see, I'm kinda, er..." He wasn't sure how best to describe whatever was going on with him. His insides writhed with guilt that she'd come here, only to see him like this.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Feral Nova  Moderator

@dreadpool10:

The entire situation instantly felt uncomfortable. Out of the billions of scenarios that ran through her head about what would have happened when the two heroes would meet face to face once more, this was no where near one of them. She could see him actually debating if he wanted to see her, speak to her, right before her and she simply stood there, waiting for his answer. She would be lying if she didn’t think a part of her hoped he would tell her to just go home. But would she if he did? Probably not…

She gave a small hopeful smile as he agreed to talk to her, but instead of feeling relief, she was beginning to feel a bit more tense. “Yeah, ok.” She nod her head as he closed the door behind him, Zoe stepping out of his way so he could come outside. His ghostly pale complexion told her that he probably hadn't actually seen the sun for several months now. His disheveled look told her what had been going on with him.

As soon as I was able to, I came here.
As soon as I was able to, I came here.

He kicked off the conversation, and again she simply nodded her head, over and over. She knew he was depressed, trapped in the darkness of it. Like she initially thought, he looked like how she did just a few months ago. “Jason, look, I know you don’t want me here.” Zoe began rubbing the back of her neck, her blue eyes looking downward at the ground. It was rare for her to be this timid in front of someone she knew, the situation at hand was… different. “But, I just… I had to see you in person.”

Her eyes looked back up at him, her hands now fidgeting before her. “I know it’s been a little over three months, and I’m sorry it took me so long. I wasn’t in the position to trust myself coming back into the world, until now. But as soon as I was able to, I came here.” This was true, aside from the mission at Emerald City, Jason was the first person she had seen outside of WAL. His home was the first place she came to visit. “I wanted to say… thank you.” She finally did it, she thanked him. “Thank for saving my life and for not giving up on me when others did.” Her eyes began began to water as her voice began to slightly falter, as she was getting emotional about the situation. “I would probably be dead right now if it wasn’t for you. Or still stuck in Emerald City… I don’t know which would have been worse. But you came for me, and saved me and... just thank you Jason, thank you so much.”

Victor_Holious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@feral_nova: NOOOOOOOOOOOOIVA

Hello Alt who I do not know who they are but they seem to know who I am >.>

How are you? lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

I-it... it really is her.

Emotions swirled within him, rising in his chest so rapidly that he almost choked on them. It was as though a stitch in his side had been alleviated, a pang in his chest gone forever. Something kindled in his dead blue eyes as he looked at her. He felt a sudden surge of affection as she spoke, her every word slowly, gradually ebbing away at his darkness as he realized, without a doubt, that this was real. That his former teammate and beloved friend was alive. And for the first time in three months since succumbing to whatever force that sought to mess with his mind and emotions, Jason was happy.

Somewhere, someone cursed at this, but that's a story for another time...

His eyes burned with tears that threatened to spill down his face if left unrestrained. He looked at her, warmly, fondly, elated at the sudden turn of events. Already was his healing factor at work, unhindered by dark cloud had rained over his emotional state. His skin began to adapt to the sunlight, his pale complexion gradually returning to its light tan. The presence of bags beneath his eyes diminished considerably. But above all, his mind and sentiments were restored.

And with renewed emotions came comprehension of just how uncomfortable the situation had been. Here he'd stood, dirty, depressed, and longing for his own demise? Why? Even he didn't know. He was growing more and more self conscious by the second. Crap! I probably look terrible. Shirt's all bloodied. Do I smell?

As her words came to mind once again, all of these worries simply melted away. He tilted his head ever so slightly, wondering what to say. How best to verbally convey his gratitude. And then, as he locked eyes with her, mesmerized at how beautiful she was even when her blue eyes shined with tears, he realized he needn't say a word.

He embraced her, an action he felt conveyed his response better than any word could. An action that he hoped would let her know that he was alright again.

He didn't care that it had taken her three months to come and see him. He wouldn't have cared if it had taken three years. All that mattered was that she was here, alive and well. Jason was happy.

All was well.

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers