Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Eclipse-

EXCALIBUR - For Queen and Country

No Caption Provided

One of the forgotten aspects of the monarchy in the modern day is their responsibility to protect their people. That duty is now fulfilled by the military, the Royal Guard have been demoted to mere tourist attractions, and the title of knight is awarded to actors and musicians, not noble warriors. Gone are the days when the monarch would lead the charge into battle, surrounded by their faithful knights.

There was a legendary ruler who epitomised this trait: King Arthur. He surrounded himself with the Knights of the Round Table, each of them called to duty and knighted by the royal blade: Excalibur. They fought together for their country, and were immortalised in legend thanks to their loyalty.

Now, the Knights of the Round Table must be reborn!

Recent events have decimated the monarchy, leaving Queen Elizabeth II the sole living member of the royal family, having lost her husband, children and grandchildren. This left the country in a vulnerable position, and the nation's top scientists collaborated to ensure the royal line would continue, creating the Prince of Power: Edward Windsor! Still, the Queen has decided that her new heir is not enough. With the advent of mutants, aliens and threats of a superhuman nature, the United Kingdom needs a new breed of protectors.

Her Majesty summoned a meeting of Britain's finest, the men and women capable of dealing with super-powered threats. That night in Buckingham Palace, the Queen used her birthright, the blade of Arthur himself, to bestow knighthoods upon her chosen warriors. Taking their name from the blade used to call them to duty, Excalibur are the Heroes of the Round Table, fighting for the protection of all the people of the Commonwealth!

THE KNIGHTS - I hereby dub thee...

- Edward Windsor

The Prince of Power
The Prince of Power

Edward is a quiet man; a focused and driven fighter; a true weapon of justice. He has no hobbies, he has no distractions his life is his work and he wants for nothing else. He is heir to the Windsor throne, but does not bother himself with the usual duties of a prince. Focusing purely on his work and his duty as a hero has enabled him to tune his abilities and train himself in various useful skills and languages.

Always seeking ways to be a better hero he remains restless in his quest to see a day in which he is no longer needed.

- Amazing Angel

The Holy Hero
The Holy Hero

Ryan R. James was just a regular man, a writer and web designer, cocky and brash, but also thoughtful with a gentle nature always feeling like he was destined to change the world. One day after much planning and a lot of Amazon purchases, he took to the streets in a spandex suit with hockey pads. Ryan is mortally wounded defending the victim of a violent crime and is left lying in the dark alley to die. In deaths clutches he ascended but not permanently.

His valour, bravery, compassion and his willingness to put others lives ahead of his own, he was given a second chance but not as the person he once was. The Amazing Angel was born!

- Eclipse

The Lightning Lad
The Lightning Lad

Inducted as a child into the superhuman organisation named Jupiter's Children, Jason was trained to use his natural powers over the electromagnetic force by the London branch of the sinister society. Eventually breaking free of their control, he fled to America, finding a new home in Vine City and taking on the identity of Eclipse, dedicating himself to the life of a hero in penance for his previous actions.

Though now living abroad, Eclipse has never forgotten his roots and was honoured to be invited into the team.

- Portrait

The Anarchist Artist
The Anarchist Artist

Anyone who’s anyone knows the tale of Dorian Gray: The man who sold his soul for eternal youth… but who fell into corruption and madness. No surprise that this vile man had bastard offspring. The first to emerge into the public eye was Persephone Gray, Portrait. She was controlled by the Great Old Ones, demon-gods from another world, perhaps another universe. As she walked through history, Persephone left her mark as one of two things: a phenomenal painter and a talented thief.

Yet she is also something else: British. Proud of her heritage, Portrait joined the team despite her criminal roots. Whether she truly wants to help, only time will tell.

- Xenon

The Mutant Maestro
The Mutant Maestro

Raised as a slave, the young Ethiopian dreamed of freedom, which he found upon discovering his mutant powers. Fleeing his captors, Xenon eventually rose to power as the self-declared leader of the United Republic of Venezuela, a safe haven for mutants from all over the world. He is not British, nor even born of a Commonwealth country, but has chosen to ally himself with Excalibur all the same.

His reasons for this alliance are unknown, but the mutant leader is a powerful and influential ally all the same.

THE RULES - Keep Calm and Do As I Say

• This team sits at a Round Table, we have no leader and every member is equal.
  • Excalibur's connection to the Monarchy and the British government is a SECRET. Their knighthoods are not public knowledge (so don't go telling everyone to call you 'sir') and if any member goes rogue, the country will not stand behind you.
  • If you want to join this team, it is preferred that your character is British, though not essential as long as your character has a good enough reason for joining. Please PM one of the people above or comment in this thread and @reply to one of the team members.
  • IMPORTANT: We want to try and keep this team fairly small, so the roster will be capped at 8 or possibly 9 members, though we would prefer not to get to that number.
  • EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This team is supposed to represent Britain's finest heroes. For that reason, we will not accept anyone into the team who has not proven themselves as a great hero. We expect commitment and excellence, so we will not accepting every random British alt that is thrown our way.
  • This thread will also serve as the location of our team Headquarters, whenever we decide what that is.
  • Finally, if you plan to attack the United Kingdom, or any country in the commonwealth...
You'll have to go through us first.
You'll have to go through us first.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shanana

Awesome, there are two teams in Brittan ^_^

DAMn that's a tight line up.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Written superbly!

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenon_: Most of the mini bios were ripped straight from everyone's actual bio, so wasn't much work, haha

@ziccarra_liafador: There are? o.o

I'm gonna feel stupid when you tell me what the other one is, aren't I? xP

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenon_: Most of the mini bios were ripped straight from everyone's actual bio, so wasn't much work, haha

@ziccarra_liafador: There are? o.o

I'm gonna feel stupid when you tell me what the other one is, aren't I? xP

The Trinity =]

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By -Eclipse-

@ziccarra_liafador: Gahhh, yup, should've known! >.<

I'd heard the word 'Africa' thrown around in regard to that, so assumed that's where you were based... I shall go educate myself now!

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenon_: Actually yours and mine (and half of Portrait's) were the only one I DID write xD so thanks!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shanana

I'd heard the word 'Africa' thrown around in regard to that, so assumed that's where you were based... I shall go educate myself now!

Seriously, this line-up is flawless.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_: Dammit! Always got a card up your sleeve why don't you :P

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_: @edwardwindsor I got so many things going on that it seems almost stupid to dive into things lol. But this looks AMAZING and I can't say no xD would you be willing to take in Edward's sister?

No Caption Provided

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Shttttttttt. This is fcking awesome!!!!!!!

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool beans. Xenon sure knows how to get around.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: The back story behind why Xenon is here is very sinister :P

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO Xenon walks down the street between his two friendly alliances lol.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenon_: Well cat's are sinister beings. I wouldn't expect anything less! *awaits the reveal

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_: Oooh, interesting... We'll see what the rest of the team says. Edward may not like having his sister around, haha

@ziccarra_liafador: GAH! You're in the catacombs! I freaking knew that too! >.<

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AmazingAngel
No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_: Oooh, interesting... We'll see what the rest of the team says. Edward may not like having his sister around, haha

@ziccarra_liafador: GAH! You're in the catacombs! I freaking knew that too! >.<

It's cool, we're more of a secretive team anyways. Also gives us a better chance to defend the UK since both of us are here.

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bogeyman

This is some nice stuff man :)

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lioness_

@_eclipse_: lol might not but I have to to at least try to jump in :P

Elizabeth Windsor is what she would enter under keeping her full name and ties to Black Cell secret. Essentially she would masquerade herself as a mutant using technology. Which of course if ever discovered could lead her to getting her ass kicked :P

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morte_knightfalland everyone else who has complimented my ability to write cool words and use fancy pictures: Thanks! The team was basically borne out of Ed, Angel, Pyro and myself realising we were all British and deciding to start a team based on that concept, haha

@ziccarra_liafador: Yup! Warsman has been making some comments about taking the UK... So now at least we're prepared xD

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_: Makes me wish I was British just to get in that crew LOL, looking forward to what comes next son ;)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work.

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good luck, nice set up.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By superstay

@_eclipse_:

(Awesome bro, too bad Theron is Greek, or else he would join.)

d^_^b

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_: Badass job man. Seriously well put together.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By EdwardWindsor

lol so much of Eddys canon in the OP its kind of scary that i didnt write that, perhaps i should just hand the guy over.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poisons all the tea..game over

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Jokes on you i knew you where coming and i put poison in the poptarts that you always steal. No self respecting Englishmen would eat them anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: Why thank you, kind sir. Have a crumpet!

Good to know I can still get people excited with my OPs, that'll come in handy when Icky and I unveil our secret project after KOV wraps up... :P

@edwardwindsor: Haha, well like I said your mini-bio was ripped out of your actual bio, so most of it is your own words ^__^

Heckz yeah it is, we got the perfect mix of old-timers and 'new' blood, I'm excited to work with these guys, should be good stuff!

When you reboot Sha into a tea-sipping English lady, give us a call ;)

Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_ said:

QFT :O

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy Crap! Amazing Angel is/was a web designer I'm actually going to college to become a web designer.

Also Very Nice :)

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I want to join, every round table needs a dark knight.

No Caption Provided

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_: How about a british bulldog in the team?

like a real british bulldog

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_eclipse_: True and you added the canon about the royal family to which was cool.

@armistice: Somebody's got some explaining to do when Ellie finds out, PS its not me.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lobos_del_rayo: I was trying real hard to learn web design when I wrote the bio, I can make a basic page and thats about it but I thought it'd be a good former career for the character.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By Pyrogram

@amazingangel: Xenon and Angel have not met. That fight they had, let us retcon it as it was pointless, without purpose :P

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By -Eclipse-

Edited the main post with the new joining requirements.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Eh if you want, I think it makes sense that Angel has heard of Xenon though, hmm maybe they should meet for the first time at the round table.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Xorion
Street_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edwardwindsor: I have been thinking about making England my new home. Care to expand the team a member?

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EVERYONE LOOK AT ME! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!

I'm seeing a lot of requests to join and I can't be bothered to PM all of you individually.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM: Please note the new rules about joining, and PM either myself or one of the other team members with the character you want to join and their reason for joining the team. We want to keep this thing small.

Also, it's important to note that this isn't a 'main' team. A lot of us have other team commitments, this is basically just supposed to be a group that occasionally teams up to take on threats to their country. If you're looking for a team that will have regular RPGs, this is not it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel:

Lol yeah its not easy that why I'm going to college for it. I can do more than a basic page but still I have my trouble. Funny I was considering the same thing for my character making him into a web designer/student/part time job/hero.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AmazingAngel

@lobos_del_rayo:

I've never had Angel as a student, too cliché he already looks like peter parker anyway, I still have some work to do on his backstory some more though.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel: I agree its a bit on the cliché side but I like to try and put a bit of myself into the character and that dynamic of trying to deal with life and being a hero.