lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lady_liberty

General Rules

The following things are NOT ALLOWED for the good of the RP forum.

God Modding: God Modding is when you're character automatically succeeds at something another character would have a reasonable chance of preventing. For example you cannot say your telepathy is so powerful it automatically succeeds against another character. Or you are such an amazing hacker you hacked their base defenses and there's nothing they can do about it. When your actions affect others they must be given the chance to defend.

Nothing automatically succeeds at the expense of something that belongs to someone else.

Auto-Hits: This is when someone RP's that their attacks hit another player, without that players consent. You can RP throwing a million mile an hour punch, but no matter what the other character decides the results to their character. Everyone has control over their character. You can't take that away and say something automatically hits.

No-Selling: This is when you RP that all of another persons actions and attacks fail against you. This one is subject to a reasonable standard. Some characters are simple incapable of hurting others due to the powers involved, but please remember that the site isn't just for you to have fun its also for others to have fun. Causing everything they do to fail without exception isn't good RP, and its against the rules.

Controlling Others (without OOC permission): This does not, and should not, require much explanation. Other peoples characters belong to them, they decide what happens. Not you. Please be respectful of what belongs to other people.

Adding Powers in the Middle/During RPGs: Getting your butt kicked? Can't think of a way to win? No problem, just suddenly realize you have the exact power needed to escape your current situation, even though you've never used it before and it doesn't make any sense!

Actually don't, please. This is against the rules for the obvious reasons that its used to 'cheat' without technically god-modding or no-selling. Its just an exploit used to bypass other rules.

This applies within reason, as do all rules. Obviously you can contact the people you are RPing with and ask if they mind you developing a new power (that might even be what the RPG is about). That is between you and them, this rule is meant to prevent exploits, not restrict RP in any way.

In addition to the above the Author of an RP can set his or her own rules. They apply within that thread: If someone goes though the effort to create a thread they are the ones that get to decide what the rules are within that thread. Unless stated otherwise all the above rules apply.

Last and greatest rule: All the above rules apply within reason. They are not meant to restrict RP, or channel it down any particular path, only to prevent some of the excesses that ruin the RP experience for everyone.

Empire Creation Rules

But there are also new issues now and to create a structure that can support growth we have made rules for Empire Creation.

What do these rules apply to?

This applies only to Vine ‘Verse Prime (main Vine canon). It does not apply to empires outside the solar system, other dimensions, imaginary universes, alternate universes, future universes, or absolutely anything besides the solar system of the main Vine Verse. Outside of that you can do as you please!

What counts as an Empire? Do you govern land, dictating political policies, controlling a countries natural resources and or borders? Have you replaced a countries army with your own, or do you possess an army? In short if you have any significant control over territory inside the solar system then you have an empire.

Empires that have already been created are grandfathered in. They do not need to re-establish themselves, but from this point onward they will have to follow the empire rules if they intend to stay cannon.

The Requirements.

To avoid problems in the future there are a few small and simple requirements to possess a Vine Canon Empire.

At least 500 posts, although this does not have to be on the same account. Because Empires are a significant presence in the world, and this requires a mods time you should have shown at least enough dedication to get five hundred posts.

This should also show you understand the basics of RPing, and can get along with other people.

How do I create a cannon Empire?

STEP ONE:

Create the OOC. You must give everyone who wishes to defend that territory the chance to do so. Period. Doing otherwise is Godmodding.

Taking unclaimed territory. You must give anyone who wishes to contest your attack three days to respond to the OOC. Anyone who wants to defend the territory and posts in the OOC with the names of the defending characters must be allowed into the RP.

Taking claimed territory. A full week must be granted for territory already claimed by an existing team. They must post the names of characters that intend to defend the territory, and must then be allowed into the RP.

STEP TWO: Wait for a mod. Once the proper time has passed a mod will come and look at the OOC to ensure that all RP rules have been followed. They will also read over any objections that players might have and make a decision.

Should they find that the thread follows all rules and meets a reasonable standard they will edit the OP with [[ VVP Canon ]]

STEP THREE: The RPG itself must follow all the normal vine rules. Godmodding and no-selling are the greatest dangers here, as players might be tempted to do one or the other to get their way.

In addition there are reasonable time limits. If one side goes more than a week without posting in the RP the other side is declared the winner. This becomes cannon, and is posted to the thread OOC and at some point in the official Vine cannon thread.

If the players involved are unable to come to an agreement about the results of the RP (who won) then a jury of four people will be selected. Two by each side. Should they be unable to decide the winner, then a mod will act as a tie breaker.

STEP FOUR: Keeping your empire.

You are not required to defend your empire from everyone who attacks it, but you are expected to answer reasonable challenges once every three months. If the attacker is willing to put forth reasonable effort, create the OOC, and operate in line with the RP rules then you are also required to follow the rules about no-selling.

This is important! Please note that it is against the comic vine rules to no-sell. That includes fights over empires, they are not somehow an exception.

Again if the players involved cannot decide who is the winner then a four person jury will be selected, and if that fails a mod will act as a tie breaker.

STEP SIX: Other problems. This is a new process. There will be unforeseen issues and problems. As a community we will resolve them as they come up.

Concept Ownership

Thread can be found here for rules regarding Concept Ownership here.

General ComicVine Site Rules

As members of the site, signing up to ComicVine and posting on the forums mean that you agree to follow all rules. This doesn't just include the RPG rules but the general site rules as well. Breaking these rules can and will result in warnings and if continued will lead to a temporary ban followed by a permanent ban. Please take the time to read through the site rules and if you have any questions feel free to PM any of the mods so we can answer the questions for you.

You can find the ComicVine Site Rules here

UPDATE May 2017

While these are not so much as "rules", they're more clarifications of existing rules or formalizations of norms.

1. "No-contact orders" are no longer a thing. They've proven to be ineffective, and tend to lead to more drama than what initiated them in the first place. You're all free to disagree, argue, and debate with whoever you like, so long as it's done respectfully. Insults, baiting, and the like will not be tolerated, as per site rules. If you can't interact with another user respectfully, don't interact with them at all. People who violate rules and cause unnecessary drama that disrupts the forum will be warned, and banned if they persist. End of story.
  2. We notice that some users are using shared accounts. This is not against the rules, but we would like to caution those of you who are using them. As mods cannot determine who was logged into an account when a specific post was posted, the consequences for using a shared account to violate site or section rules will be applied to all users who have access to said shared account. If you're going to share an account with someone, make sure you trust them.

------------------------

By participating in the RPG Forums you are agreeing to these rules. Ignoring or breaking these rules can lead to warnings, temporary ban or complete ban by the RPG Mods if deemed necessary.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CainPanell

Goddamn! Nice to see someone taking initiative around here

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Amazing <3

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ishin

Like I said before, well done LL :)

_BattleBug_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _BattleBug_

Applauds

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lady_liberty

@shadowknight666: @Mercy_: @Impero: @_Hazmat: Thank you :-)

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By _Psy_

Great job!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

Oh and pinned, obvi.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By .Longshot.

Woo!

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lady_liberty

@_Punk_: @.Longshot.: Thank you thank you!

@Mercy_: And thanks again ;-)

Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CurbsideProphet

Hm hm. She's really a shaker and a mover. Well well done.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lady_liberty

@CurbsideProphet: Thank you :-)

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FALLENprophet

Just saw this, great.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lady_liberty

@FALLENprophet: Thankies :-)

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Rumble Man

Will OOC my empire soon (still making stuff on unclaimed territory)

xXSpitFireXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xXSpitFireXx

@Lady_Liberty: what about the more space related 'empires'? Granted threads wouldn't hurt for them, theres more room in outerspace though then that third rock from the sun.

Also great job as usual ^_^

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lady_liberty

@Rumble Man: Coolness :-) Thank you for following the rules!

@xXSpitFireXx: As long as the empire is outside the solar system its all fair game. Once the empire holds territory inside the solar system its subject to the above rules.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 614azrael
As in planet lightrears away no bigy, empire around mars though needs to speak up? Just clearing things up for future refferance :)
  @Lady_Liberty
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lady_liberty

@614azrael: Correct, if I understand you right. Mars is inside the solar system, so the above rules would apply to it.

Anything light years away is free game, do whatever you like, there are no rules lol!

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@614azrael said:

As in planet lightrears away no bigy, empire around mars though needs to speak up? Just clearing things up for future refferance :)
@Lady_Liberty:

Mars is gone, remember? :P

The whole 'moons crashing into it' thing got rid of it.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 614azrael
I wouldn't say gone so much as BFRed into nothing of use lol :D I was mainly using it as example though
  @Icarusflies
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@614azrael: Nope. Gone. Rubble. Space junk. No more Mars. >_>

When/if I leave the Vine, I want to be able to proudly say 'I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR DESTROYING MARS'.

I refuse to have it any other way. <_<

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By _Zombie_

@Icarusflies said:

When/if I leave the Vine, I want to be able to proudly say 'I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR DESTROYING MARS'.

I'll see to it that your legacy as the Martian Destroyer is preserved. >_>

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Icarusflies said:

I'll see to it that your legacy as the Martian Destroyer is preserved. >_>

Thank you kindly good sir!

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rumble Man

@Lady_Liberty: I plan also to claim the micro-nations scattered across Australia, later

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lady_liberty

@Rumble Man: Coolness. If you need help setting up the OOC just let me know, there was some confusion about how it worked earlier so I'm willing to help anyone that needs it.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Izaiah

Gee, I'm gonna have to follow RULES whenever I get around to establish Heliopolis now? How bothersome :p
No seriously though, good work.
Incidentally, someone might want to update the rules link here.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Izaiah said:

Gee, I'm gonna have to follow RULES whenever I get around to establish Heliopolis now? How bothersome :p
No seriously though, good work.
Incidentally, someone might want to update the rules link here.

On it.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rumble Man

@Lady_Liberty: Just want to announce it now so people are informed, Still working on Sealand (Now renamed Triton)

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Psy_

Still have no idea who would oppose me for building smallish cities, but the OOC thing is up. 

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FALLENprophet

@Lady_Liberty: Question: If you a gifted with a new island does this still apply. I mean like if a god makes you a new island, a supe makes a new landmass or something of that sort.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lady_liberty

@FALLENprophet: Yes this applies even to newly created land :-)

The how isn't important, otherwise everyone would bypass the rule by having someone create/give them land. Just the where. If its territory inside the solar system this rule applies.

Thank you for asking! I'm trying to answer all questions about this that people might have so its well understood.

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FALLENprophet

@Lady_Liberty: Alright, I just wanted to make sure because I might come up with a separate place island for Aizen since he is new and naive about this world (Earth)

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lady_liberty

@FALLENprophet: *Nods.* Happy to help.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rumble Man
Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Izaiah
@Lady_Liberty
Question, are Earth-based 'Empires' that have already been created and established in more than one RPG to exist (and have been listed in the Vine Universe thread), but do not yet have their own thread, subject to the current rules of empire creation should an official thread be made?
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lady_liberty

@Izaiah: That's a good question. Can you link me to an example so I have specific details to examine?

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Lady_Liberty: What about empires on Earth that occupy a different dimension?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lady_liberty

@CozyDaPrynce: If its in another dimension it doesn't count for the purpose of these rules.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Lady_Liberty: Ah. Carry on =]

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Izaiah
@Lady_Liberty said:

@Izaiah: That's a good question. Can you link me to an example so I have specific details to examine?

Heliopolis.  It's been featured in Siege of Heliopolis and Rise of the Desert King (which was admittedly not completed but the events have been taken as canon for the characters involved).
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lady_liberty

@Izaiah: Its well fleshed out, and in two RPG's, all before this rule was in place. I see no problems with it, its canon!

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Izaiah
@Lady_Liberty
Sweet ^_^
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm going to post this here so hopefully everyone can see it. I've had a couple complaints, as well as a couple pms, expressing concern (or outright demanding something be done) about "agentx's" Armor. Let start off by saying yes, I agree, its overpowered, and, so what? Has he even used it in an actual rpg? Not that I'm aware of. I've talked with him about it privately and I've also helped him with a couple of examples in regards to Godmodding (such as what is and isnt, as well as some simple ways to avoid it). But really, what is the big deal about something that has never even made its way into an rpg? Are you guys serious right now? I give credit to alot of the newer users who burst on the scene already knowing how to write, how to rpg, and how to sell, it really is something to see. But we all didnt arrive at that point in the same way. Some of us (like myself) had to learn through trail and error. A helpful community builds a better forum then one that looks down on those still learning the ropes. Let the dude do his thing and when, or even if, he has trouble in an rpg with godmodding help him out, try explaining why it was a violation of the rules or bad etiquette. If thats something you dont feel like wasting your time with then cool, just ignore him. No one is forcing anyone to participate in rpgs or with users they do not wish to. Thank you.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 614azrael
QFT
  @Gambler said:

I'm going to post this here so hopefully everyone can see it. I've had a couple complaints, as well as a couple pms, expressing concern (or outright demanding something be done) about "agentx's" Armor. Let start off by saying yes, I agree, its overpowered, and, so what? Has he even used it in an actual rpg? Not that I'm aware of. I've talked with him about it privately and I've also helped him with a couple of examples in regards to Godmodding (such as what is and isnt, as well as some simple ways to avoid it). But really, what is the big deal about something that has never even made its way into an rpg? Are you guys serious right now? I give credit to alot of the newer users who burst on the scene already knowing how to write, how to rpg, and how to sell, it really is something to see. But we all didnt arrive at that point in the same way. Some of us (like myself) had to learn through trail and error. A helpful community builds a better forum then one that looks down on those still learning the ropes. Let the dude do his thing and when, or even if, he has trouble in an rpg with godmodding help him out, try explaining why it was a violation of the rules or bad etiquette. If thats something you dont feel like wasting your time with then cool, just ignore him. No one is forcing anyone to participate in rpgs or with users they do not wish to. Thank you.

Sicarius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sicarius_

@Lady_Liberty: very cool!

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lady_liberty

@Sicarius_: Thank you :-)

Sicarius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sicarius_

@Lady_Liberty: your very much welcome

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FALLENprophet

@Gambler said:

Thank god. I'm tired of a lot of people being @ssholes to him, MOST OF them already hated him because of his old account which made him leave and now he returns like

I SAID HE SHOULD

and when he does everyone just hates on him and doesn't help him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@FALLENprophet: He'll get the hang of it. And we'll help him do it :)