Apathy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Apathy_

Time: 3 days ago. Location: Classified

"Sir, we've found it" spoke a young male sitting in front of several different computers. The man he spoke to stood arms folded behind his back, and glanced quickly towards the young male. He paused for a short second before commencing his stride towards the various computer screens.

He leaned in over the young males desk, the light from the screens showing the sweat on his bald head worked up from anxiety. "Soldier, are you sure this is it?" he said with an extremelyrushed tone showing his strong German accent. "Mr. Heinrich, this is definitely it...we have it."

"Well you know what to do, get that thing redirected...immediately."

The young man began furiously typing on the keyboard, showing several different things on the monitor directly in front of him. A display popped up in a flashing red box that read, Command override successful. Shuttle redirected. Trajectory: Earth. Estimated ETA: 3 day, 7 hours, 47 minutes, 12 seconds. Estimated impact zone: Washington, DC, United States of America.

Mr. Heinrich smirked at the display and crossed his arms, his pleasure written all across his face.

Time: Present day, December 7th 2013. Location: Classified

"Mr. Heinrich, how do you plan on controlling this beast?"

"Control him? That is exactly why he was exiled in the first place; trying to control him only makes him worse. His anger and rage will be unstoppable, even this company and everything it has can do nothing to stop that monster. But I am the CEO of this company and I do not have to explain my actions to you. However, in the mean time, activate Project Apathy and get him to the projected impact site for observation...nothing more. He is no match for that monster, not yet any ways and I will not throw away a billion dollar investment."

"Roger sir, commencing activation of Project Apathy" responded the timid, shaking voice. The man began typing on his keyboard, and clicked the activate button on the screen.

A pressurized door slide open on the side of the dark room, compressed air purging as it moved aside. Once the smoke cleared, a man, or what appeared to be a man stood inside and took a stride out of the chamber and came to a halt on the metal grate floor.

Mr Heinrich spoke to the computer operator again, "Read me the diagnostics."

"Dual hydrogen fuel cell power source is operating at 40% capacity to conserve energy, but is able to bestimulated beyond 100% operating capacity for shirt periods of time similar to that of human adrenaline, but will level out shortly after. All motors, servos, actuators, compressors and circuits are running flawlessly. The portion of the human brain remaining is functioning properly and all tests seem fine, and it has accepted the artificial CPU quite well which has greatly improved all bodily functions. Everything is perfect sir, he's good to go."

"Excellent, thank you for that. Get him on one of planes and air-dropped to the predicted crash site for the shuttle; by now, the world is in panic. Everybody is fearful of this monster coming back and yet they have done nothing to prevent it. The Americans think they are ready, but the heroes of the globe know that impending doom is upon them. Ajax is coming home."

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By .Ajax.

Entering Earth's atmosphere. Impact in T minus 30 seconds. Projected impact site: Washington D.C. Estimated damage to shuttle: Critical. Chances of containment: 2.374%

The electronic voice of the on-board computer reading out the shuttles information as well as the alarm whaling continuously was projected throughout the entire shuttle at a deafening volume; regardless, it was not enough to wake the subdued monster that it contained. Within the ships main compartment, Ajax was within a gigantic liquid-filled container, hooked up to several different tubes. The combination of the liquid within the container, and gases being in-putted through the tubes had kept Ajax in a state not to dissimilar from hibernation for four years. The barbaric giant was under control, and that was soon going to come to an end.

Impact in: 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...impact in Washington D.C. Integrity of shuttle: 27% Containment: FAILED

His eyes instantly opened, and narrowed showing his immense anger. The barbaric giant began struggling in the container, ripping the tubes from his body and kicked the side out of the container. The liquid rushed out; the massive flow carrying the beast out from his cell and on to the metal shuttle floor. He rose to his feet and let out a deafening roar, seeming to make the metal frame of the ship shudder under its force. Ajax turned, and ripped the massive container from the metal floor with ease, and picked it up over his head as if it were weightless. He threw it through the side of the shuttle, and light burst in temporarily blinding the monster. But his pace was not slowed by the familiar light; his rage had reached uncontrollable levels in seconds.

Ajax charged through the new opening in the side of the shuttle, and halted on the grass just outside. His shuttle had went straight through a building and had crash landed in a park, creating massive crater. Dirt and parts of the shuttle were everywhere; the destruction was just the beginning. He extended his arm, and waited for something; from within the shuttle, a giant, mace-like weapon projected itself towards Ajax's extended arm.

He caught the weapon; this was new, Ajax had never used actual weapons before. Something had changed about him, something had happened to that shuttle in space. It was not apparent yet, but the Ajax earth's heroes were used to dealing with was something different now, something much stronger and much angrier. He was back.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Richmond,Virginia : 2 minutes after impact in Washington , D.C.

The Cybernetic Swordsmen arrived here to track down a known criminal that was hiding here and is known to be dangerous , but the fight was short because a knife was not a perfect to fight someone with a better weapon and the criminal was not prepare to face someone with more skill and better weapons then him.After a short fight with the criminal and the arrival of the local law enforcement to take the criminal away to the local police station.

When talking to the one of the responding officer at the scene is when Sawyer overheard something on the police scanner and what was on it was not good.The message was clear there was something big going on in Washington ,D.C. this was sounding good at all and what ever is happen needs to be stop but first he needed to get there but how?

Sawyer turned to the police officer"Officer I need to get to D.C. can I borrow some from of transportation." The officer threw him keys to his patrol car "I know what's going ,here is my keys your going to need them where you are going."Sawyer caught the key's to the patrol car and went in it to start it up."Thanks officer I will try and bring it back if I can."Sawyer responded .

He drove off in the direction to were D.C. is but the time of when he is going to be there might be difficult since he doesn't drive a lot and that he doesn't know how much dame is caused or if there innocents dead but he needs to be there to protect the people there and get them to safety before this get's out of hand. Sawyer shift gear and drove as fast as he can with sirens turned he made his way to D.C.hoping to investigated what's going on.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

It's been a full week now since I came too. So far I'm unimpressed. I guessed; within the few hours upon being aware of my surroundings, that I'd walk outside and see flying cars and transport tubes jutting out from pavement and buildings alike. Yeah, I'm unimpressed. If anything we've digressed in society, worshipping some girl named Miley Cyrus, known for "twerking" and singing poorly. I felt old, and antiquated to be so turned off by the sight of it all. I had be begun to frequent the library, reading, researching anything I could about my parents whereabouts. So far I'd come up with nothing, and was discouraged. However my attention turned to the events of the years I was asleep... Turns out... I've missed a hell of a lot. This world was dying.

I walk down the king street. As a local nomad, I don't get around to traveling beyond city limits. This area, where I had lived all my life, sheltered beyond compare, and yet it was the only home I knew. Homeless though I am.

An affliction sits upon me now. Burdening me. Drowning my soul in a sea of sorrow. I in the cold air, heavily and agitated. Like a snake poised to strike, it's fangs unfurled gnarled and brandished. This blackness, growing and festering was beginning to surface. I asked myself this question "Are there more souls like mine?" Doomed from inception to suffer the torment of wisdom. Could there be others just like me who winced and agonized just from breathing the same air as the people who birthed you? Somewhere my parents are sitting. Waiting. Watching.

My answer came. Hurdling from the severe cosmos. Crash landing in the Capitol of this land. It's awakening flourished an enmity that I haven't yet encountered. I didn't know what it could be, but the hatred called to me. I can hear it, taste it... I know it. I must follow it, I must know it.

I pick up my pace, and enter a darkness portal of Ether. The site still smoldered from flames and collision force. Guttural rage vibrated I the air, visible and tangible. I saw him, strong and sturdy. A mind within it consumed with anger, a body built to inflict planetary decimation. Kin. I must know it.

I called to him. "Brother! brother!" No other words could satisfy the familial resonance I feel. We are one in the same, his rage covers me and I belong to it. My internal struggle is no more, and I am now determined to see my... Our mission completed.

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Ice_Hunter

@_sojourn_: @_ajax_:

"Why the hell are we stuck on garrison duty anyway? This shiznizzle be grizzlin' up my fizzle." Phrygus said, earning him a long and...confused stare from Ivanov.

"I will never understand some of the things you say Tovarish." The green skinned Russian said, mounting a picture of Vladmir putin on his wall and looking on it with pride.

"All I'm sayin's that we need some asses to bust caps in, you dig?" Phrygus said, prompting the Space Soviet to chuckle deeply.

"Phrygus, my friend, you must learn to appreciate peace. Why, this world has just suffered a massive alien invasion and they still continue with all their troubles...it's almost a shame." He said as he straightened the picture on his wall next to the picture of his girlfriend in the Babushka program and flashing a reptillian smile.

"Son, I don't like gettin' paid to sit 'round an' babysit some homeboys from the backstreet, cramps my style." Phrygus shot back to Ivanov's continued amusement, the Emerald Soviet laughing hard enough to shake the building.

"You are a funny little alien you know." Ivanov said with a cheesy grin.

"These wackjob primitives don't even got a single damn spaceship of their own...what makes this mudball so important anyway? Damn place is a ghetto." He said as he tried fiddling with a remote control.

"It's probably because the great and glorious soviet union was cheated of a rightful victory during the cold war." Ivanov said as he straightened out all the pictures and set his medal case in a nice invulnerable box.

"Aw man you gonna break down with the word on the commies? Don't got time for that shit." Phrygus said before he finally got something worth looking at.

"Yo, dawg, looks like we got some space cat with a hammer. Not *our* space cat with a hammer. But this bitch's ballin's 'is way through town." The Tear drop headed alien said, prompting Ivanov to look at the Television.

"This man was launched in space long time ago I think...ah yes, that plan never works. We chase Hitlerites, Fascists, and Imperialist Japanese to space, they just make big empire. Americans beat glorious motherland in cold war, we just move to space. Nothing ever stays lost in space." The frill eared reptilian man said as he scratched his head.

"But we shou-where you go?" Ivanov said, looking around and noticing that the Ice Hunter was already traveling on his ice trail at hypersonic speeds.

Phrygus came crashing down onto Washington D.C like a comet, the icy alien forming an ice shell around himself to make for a very spectacular emergence, with the ice splitting apart to form an almost...pedestal for him to stand on and look down from at Ajax.

No Caption Provided

"Wassup homeboys?" Said a being from a part of the universe so far away as to be beyond the observable portion of it, in an utterly inexplicable ghetto accent with a sort of cold echo to it.

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_sojourn_: @the_ice_hunter: @_ajax_:

Washington

"What do you MEAN the cherry blossoms aren't growing this time of year?"

The flamboyant hero said in full costume as he conversed with a flower salesman. Wait, flower salesman? Who was he buying flowers for? Well, obviously a charming spider like him got around, but with this hero business going on it's doubtful he could hold a relation-

"I'm getting them for my sister, okay?!"

Dave said as the salesman questioned him... totally not breaking the fourth wall.

"Fine, just give me some of those blue and red ones. I think she'll get the joke."

He said with a sigh, handing the salesman some cash before swinging off. Some people questioned it, but the salesman just shrugged. He had obviously seen some freakier stuff in his day than a guy with spider powers.

Dave casually hopped along the buildings of the American capital with his bouquet under his arm, drawing little attention as he went along. He stopped atop a taller building, looking down at a rather large crowd. He happily waved, and was a bit surprised when they started screaming and running.

"Hey, come on! My costume isn't that hideous, is it?"

The cheerful Canadian yelled down, before feeling that tingling in his head again... Snapping his vision to the sky, he saw some fireball of doom coming down. Fast.

"Oh... yikes!" He yelled before swinging onto the streets and getting the crowds moving with some "encouraging" talk, keeping people from getting trampled in the fearful stampede. Occupied with everyone else's safety, he started to ignore his own. In a flash, and a smash, and a crack, and a bang... everything went from bright white to pitch black in less than a minute. "Am I dead?" He though to himself after sitting in the dark for a few seconds. He moved his arms, even pinched himself. He felt around and... it felt like concrete. "Greeaat... just what I needed." Dave said, realizing he had been buried in rubble.

With about a dozen grunts and twice as many punches and kicks, he chipped away at the stone that sought to be his grave, digging his way out piece by piece. His bloody fists punched out of the piles, and yanked his bruised up body out.He dusts himself off as he stands up before looking around... dust, nothing bust a bunch of dust. He shot out a web randomly into the clouds until it caught on something. He zipped out of the virtual blindness, and onto a building. From his new perched, he could see what had happened- the fireball, whatever it was, had went through one of the buildings above his head... following the trail of destruction, his eyes found the burning chunk of metal in the cherry blossom park.

"Well, this is just ironic." He said to himself, swinging into the wounded park. He landed right in front of the... space ship? No. Satellite? No. Space Monolith? Defiantly not... Shuttle, shuttle sounded right in his head. Being just as curious as a cat, and as stupid, he sticks out his hand to touch it... and recoils in pain as he felt the burning heat caused by reentry. "Dammit, spider sense! Why don't you ever warn me when something like that is going to-" Cutting himself off, the Wolf Spider backflips into the air as what he thinks was the door of the shuttle is knocked off it's hinges at incredible speeds, and something charges out. Dave lands on the limb of one of the trees, staring down the... big thing called out it's hammer-looking thing. For once, he didn't decide to make a smart remark... yet. He was curious.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Within minutes, others had showed up to the park to intervene in the barbaric monster's return. A man; dark-skinned in nature, was moving towards the savage goliath which had diverted Ajax's attention. He called to Ajax, "Brother, brother" he said repeatedly. Ajax narrowed his vision in slight confusion as to whom this being was that approached him and showing no fear.

However, his attention was quickly redirected to another who wished to greet his vengeful return. An alien crashed down, and formed an ice pinnacle underneath himself, putting him above Ajax's giant-like height. He spoke a single, slang-filled sentence as if were a teenager born of earth.

Ajax however, did not pause to observe this newcomer - he reacted with surprisingly quick speed for his colossal bulk. He gripped his pace with both hands, his grip tightening with uncontrollable rage. With newly found, incalculable strength, he slammed the mace in to the ground, creating a crater the size of a delivery van. However, it was what occurred next that was unusual.

The uncontrollable giant was always known for his incredible strength and durability, but now he was showing his new abilities which he had mysteriously acquired during his exile in space.

A tremor rippled through the ground, the epicentre being the strike of the mace. The tremor cracked the earth like a sheet of glass shattering in all directions, and massive pillars of earth erected up from the ground. Ajax directed this strike at the aliens ice throne, hoping to make a powerful opening statement to match his unexpected return.

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ice_Hunter

@_sojourn_: @_ajax_: @_wolf_spider_: Ah, geokinesis. Just what Phrygus needed. Had Phrygus been less skilled, had he not been just that good, this attack could have very well started the end of the alien's career. For one thing, Phrygus needed mobility for his fighting style, he wasn't a tank and didn't try to be.

"Yo son, watch it with the earth works." He quipped. He found respect in his opponent, but respect didn't mean he wouldn't try to put him down. Unlike the humans here, he had no connection to Ajax as a person, as a human being. He was just another big lug to strike at. And just as the earthwave hit, the alien launched itself into the air with a jet of wind.

Sensing his rage, the ice hunter attempted to create an air exclusion zone around the creature, effectively creating a bubble that would extend five feet away from Ajax where there would be no air. Knowing full well that Ajax almost certainly was able to function without Oxygen or air pressure, Phrygus had another plan.

He was essentially going to steal Ajax's hearing, throwing him off his game as he started sapping away the thermal energy of the moisture he was controlling, swirling it around Ajax to form an icy coccoon. Now, however strong Ajax was, he'd need leverage to move his strength, by completely enclosing Ajax, he'd no longer have any leverage to make use of his strength.

Phrygus fully expected for him to have some sort of way to get out though, and backed away to target the black man with a series of supersonic ice shards to tear at his flesh like bullets. Phrygus was heroic, but unlike many earth based heroes, he didn't hesitate to use lethal force when he saw the need.

TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the T.A.R.D.I.S,hovering just above the sky in Alaska.

@_ajax_The Doctor was in the medical treatment room of his Tardis,studying medicine. He figured that he was The Doctor so he should learn how to be one, and hopefully the best one. Learning it came easily, putting it into practice was the difficult part.As The Doctor was trying to restart a holographic persons heart with his hands,and cosmic energy, the Tardis alerted him to a problem.
"A big monster?Ive seen plenty of them,take us to D.C." he said, without even a hint of fear or apprehension in his voice.

The Tardis sped up as it telepathically transmitted real time imagery of the situation with the beast. The Doctor considered preparing for the fight,but decided against it. He walked out of the medical center,knowing exactly where the Tardis was relative to DC,continued down the hall, past the console,and then finally pushed the doors open and jumped out. The Tardis was still traveling incredibly fast, but was only inches from the ground,he had timed his departure perfectly. The Tardis then flew through the air,cloaked,and froze in place.
"Good,good." he said as he gained a visual on the massive beast that he came for. He pulled his Sonic from his inside coat pocket,pointed it in the sky and it whirred,locking the Tardis. "Almost forgot." he said quietly to himself.
I dont believe this thing can be talked down. He thought,realizing talking to the beast wasn't an option.
The Doctor considered his options,and decided forceful restraining would be the best way to go. He waved his hand downward,and a blue band of solid cosmic energy formed slightly above the beast.If the cosmic construct even connected ,it would come down on the beast with 50,000 pounds of force.
"Calm down...Theres no need to hurt anyone" The Doctor said in the calmest tone he could manage.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_wolf_spider_: @_ajax_: @the_ice_hunter: @thedoctor_:

When arriving at D.C. Sawyer notice by both the screams of the people trying to leave the city and the police scanner going of with reports of wounded that he was in the right place. Seeing the city like made the cyborg wonder about what could of cause this and needs to be stop but he needed to get out of the police car and go on foot.He made sure that he lock the door to the police car before leaving it by itself.When he got a couple feet away from the car he felt tremors coming from some where and pillars of earth started to rise from were the park is and what looks like ice shards there too.

Sawyer started to run towards where the fight is with some idea of who or what could be there but he needed to see it for himself.The one eyed cyborg pulled out a sword handle from his right robotic arm and extend it showing the adamantium blade ready to strike at the creature just in case.When he got tot he entrance of the park seeing what is there had to be one of the weirdest things that he had see in his life.Sawyer saw a giant rock monster wielding a huge mace fight a strange alien with some sort of ice powers, a person with a spider symbol on his suit, something trying to talk to the rock monster, and a person wearing a weird suit trying to clam it."This is something that I didn't see coming."Commenting of the people already here which is a good thing for at least until more come to either help out or something worse.

Still holding his sword in hand instead of talking it or fighting it he would try to get people away from here for there own safety.Hoping that the people already here would handle the the rock monster while he would take care of crowd control.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ice controlling alien spoke again in his adopted earth slang and retaliated against the rage-filled monster. Ajax began to freeze solid, the air around him seemingly disappeared. As ice hardened on the surface of his impenetrable dermal armour, his motion began to stiffen. The lack of oxygen was no trouble for Ajax, he could survive much much longer than any human, and most meta humans without so much as a breath of air.

The ice began to collect much heavily; Ajax's movement was all but stopped. The ice creeped up around his bulging neck as it began to engulf his head.The look of anger and rage still remained on his face as the ice totally covered his body. He remained there like a statue, for several minutes; all was quite as his ice sarcophagus kept his rage contained.

Then a crack struck through the surface of the ice, and another, and more kept following. The ice was finally broke apart and projected in all directions as the behemoth struggled free of his containment by pure brute force - what he was known best for. He let out a massive war-cry, echoing off the buildings surrounding the park.

As he was about to strike back at the cryogenic alien, another attack followed up, but from another being this time. A small man, human looking in nature appeared and conjured a cosmic band of blue energy above Ajax. But the drop of the blue band did not follow, the man decided to speak first, "Calm down, there's no need to hurt anyone."

Ajax grunted like a primitive species and smirked with intelligent thought. He let loose another ear-shattering roar, opening his tree trunk-like arms wide and swinging them shut to create a powerful thunder clap. The sound and initial force shattered nearby windows; the brute of the force aimed at the newcomer who unwisely choose to attack the unstoppable giant.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The miraculous arrival of so many wasn't a surprise. Atticus wondered if they all too could sense the insatiable rage radiated from the goliath's every atom. But, I wonder how they can know my intent. I have not acted yet, and therefore I can not, or should not be perceived as a threat. These thoughts were my own, a foolish pondering, as it didn't matter.

I wondered still, was it because I am black. "Could there still be racial bias". Whatever the case, a threat I was. I had adopted the waring giants seether and it enveloped my. My own sense of well being was nullified, pushed aside to make way for demonic thoughts of carnage.

My will be done. Before my feet, ether vapor swirled with increasing velocity, until solid tendrils were formidable enough to not only catch the ice shards barreling towards me. I c clench my right fist, and the shards shatter into smaller flakes, melting as they fall to the grounds. I breath out, the vapor masking me momentarily, and I attack. Riding a wave of fluid shadow, in an arcing direction, stoping twenty feet short of my target the unknown attacker. With this effort my aim was to have the wave crash into the creature. As it were, the umbra wave carried the energy of a minivan going seventy miles an hour.

I could feel myself loosing the battle again unadulterated and unbridled rage. My vision began to blur and my hearing hazed into lapses of silence and energetic chaos. All the voices from miles around echoed and pulsates in my eardrums. The golems thunderclap knocked me back a few feet, catching my balance only barely. Like almost attacked him, but I remembered that our goals were the same. "Brother... Let us destroy them... Together" I allowed my eyes to meet his. They showed my clear inten that I was on his side, I wanted to destroy them all, everything, all things. I couldn't quite explain why, just that it was on my soul that blood would be spilled today.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to get innocents out of the area as fast as he could is when he heard a mighty roar that him and the people around him had to cover the ears from the primal roar.The one eyed cyborg stumble a little bit before a shockwave coming from the rock monster shattered windows from buildings and nearby cars.When Sawyer was able to get a hold of himself from the attacks he saw that one of the people that were trying to talk down this monster is now going right after

"Okay now it's gotten worse ."Sawyer said to himself seeing what is going to happen if this keeps going on.He turing around and helped people get on there feet."You people should leave this city now before it gets destroyed ."Using a more authoritative voice to get the people's attention and his point across.People started to run away from the action that he know of but there could be others how wanted to capture a video of the fight or take pictures. There is still one thing that bothered the cybernetic swordsmen and that is why the creature is hear in the first place.He know that it arrived here by a shuttle by the looks of it but that is all he know as of right now .

That's it Sawyer thought in his mind .He need to check out the shuttle but how with all of this fighting going on it will be tough to get past them .Taking a look thought his one eye he saw that the shuttle maybe be damage but could of have some information on why it's here in the first place?

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellwings howled in rage. He sensed an immense evil with unimaginable strength, but he was caged and incapable of going out to harm it. However, somebody did respond to his cries. Number One of the pack, the elite capture squad of Flipside, came over. Hellwings snarled hatefully. The pack had been the ones to capture him and bring him here. "Hello beast. Time for a walk." He pressed a button on the wall and Hellwings' cage slid open. He instantly lunged out clawing and biting, but Number One smashed him into the ground with the tiniest of effort. Hellwings snarled and tried to pick himself up, but he was quickly brought down again and bound. His mouth was covered in a strap of demon skin to block his hellfire and his eyes were covered from his heavenly light.

Number One loaded up his uncooperative cargo into the back of the Pack's stealth plane. The mission- capture Ajax. Hellwings would want to fight the rival berserker, and as unlikely as he was to win, that wasn't the point. They had already extracted all the information they could get out of Hellwings, but imagine what they could do with something like Ajax. He had never been controlled before, but Flipside was behind a lot of firsts.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vengeance's HQ-One hour ago

"Zzzt...Unknown aircraft entering Earth's atmosphere". The colossal computer spoke into my ear, just what this world needed right now. An alien. "Computer, estimate trajectory of the unknown aircraft". Instantly the computer opened a hologram in the squared table, the trajectory of the ship was being directed with a red line pointing towards the worst place you can possibly think of: Washington D.C.

I hate having to operate during day-time but I have to make sure that whoever or whatever is in that aircraft is not dangerous. I haven't set foot on D.C since Stark won, last thing I need is him in my business to complicate things. Last time that we crossed path we almost killed each other, I don't think that he has gotten over that and even if he has, I haven't forgotten.

As soon as I enter the destroyed DC park through my jet I see what I expected: Chaos, anarchy, pain, fear. I access the police scanner and spoke in an authoritarian voice "All units, we have a code 20010 in the Washington monument. Evacuate the area of civilians and take the proper measurements". A code 20010 is a meta-human battle of level 3, I can work with the police here unlike the corrupt Gothic officers who will cower at any sign of trouble.

I do my best to evacuate the civilians from the battlefield but unfortunately they are not too fond of the idea of being helped out by a man dressed up like a bat with red blazing eyes. Only the ones that know of me are cooperative, the rest of them confuse me for a villain.

It has taken me a lot to realize this but there are some things that not even we can solve individually. This isn't a job for Dark Vengeance, this is job for the Victories.

Victories Mobilize.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We think other forces are interested in capturing Ajax. How do we procede?" Number twelve asked. "We were expecting this. Two through Ten, you're with me. We will join Hellwings in taking Ajax down. Eleven through Twenty, keep the others off of him if they try to kill or capture him for themselves. Now get ready, we have one minute to dropoff." He picked up his huge electric staff, a gray pole tipped with a harsh point. It was charged with enough power to entirely vaporise an elephant. Hopefully it would prove enough to stun Ajax.

The ramp dropped, and out came the Pack, Hellwings falling with them and releasing in midair. He swatted away the nearest pack member and hissed defiantly, but when he saw Ajax his eyes lit up and he flew overhead, drowning the entire area with hellfire with glee. If uncontrolled, the flames could consume everything in their path. But would Ajax feel the heat?

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Ajax's thunder clap shattered across the land, he turned his attention back to his initial target. However, this time, his eyes met the small, dark-skinned man and something deep within Ajax clicked. No words were exchanged, nor any body language; just a simple glance and Ajax now knew he was not alone. This earthling was on the savage behemoth's side; one of the very few that would support him. Ajax did not respond, but gave a simple nod towards the man, showing his understanding that he was there to help the mighty Ajax.

An aircraft cut through the air above, catching the rage-filled monsters attention. His gaze was drawn upon it like a tiger tracking a gazelle through thick ferns. As it passed over Ajax's location, several beings filtered out of the back; Ajax readied himself. He let his magical mace slide to the ground, so that his hand gripped loosely around the end of the handle. He spun like an olympic athlete, using the gained momentum to throw the mace with even greater force than even his brute force alone could muster. The mace rocketed up towards the air, on a deadly course to collide with the aircraft flying overhead.

Then, the entire area was saturated with mystical fire, everything seemingly being consumed by it's hunger as soon as it were touched. Ajax brought his arms up; a earthen cocoon was constructed from beneath his feet and encased his entire body as the flames scorched over him.

This was no normal flame as the earthen cocoon began to heat up rapidly and crack like a delicate egg shelf. As it deteriorated, Ajax still stood like an everlasting statue, unharmed but his hide scorched like a dry log of wood in a fire. Now he was really angry.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

People react to fear, not love; they don't teach that in Sunday School, but it's true.

~Richard Nixon

Washington DC. Once the beating heart of my operations, the central core from which I could respond to any national emergency within moments it had become the nest of my enemies. After I lost my powers my former allies turned on me, each seeking to use me for their own ends. I became a fugitive in my own country.

Now I returned in the back of a brown panel van. My modified PeaceKeeper Gauss pistol lay on my right hip and my void shield shimmered in my left fist; a disk of blue energy around a smaller high tech buckler. Upon my wrists were graviton gauntlets, adapted from captured Imperium Tech. A couple bandoleers of grenades crossed my kevlar armored chest and two worn leather utility belts wrapped around my waist.

I still wore the red white and blue.

We arrived. I could hear the sounds of combat. With a grin to my companion, @arquitenens, I kicked open the rear doors of the van and jumped out.

I drew my pistol and leveled it at the knee joint of the destructive levithan. A hail of murderous armor piercing rail gun rounds punched through the sound barrier and blistered through the sky toward @_ajax_'s right knee. "Target his legs!"

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: @_ajax_: Return of the Golden Champion

"I spent years roam the multiverse while during with royal affairs on my own planet, in my departure I leave my world in ensured hands in my general leader & best friend. I travelled through the Cosmo visiting numerous planets along my journey. Some full of life, unique, elegant, peaceful, some shrouded darkness, war, tyranny, & some as lifeless as they come. I made some resourceful allies and some of the deadliest foe I've encountered in awhile, not since I've been on Earth. I must have liberated at less six planets under total dictator ship, some worlds were to destroyed as parasite like sentient beings infected all forms of life, to where the planet itself is contaminated. I always found exploring the nebulas as a haven, a place where my mind is in a state of peace which is so rarely achieved as my concentration is always on straining myself from myself, for my own worst enemy lies within me. If I ever was lose enough for a mere second, then god be with us as another dark age with come forth again. The sun was fail to shine, worlds will be cold and lifeless till all that remains is darkness and nothingness. Some describe me & my vast might as godly but the curse that I must bear, I'm nothing more than a mere human trying to stop the monster in my closet from coming out. Speaking of human, it's been years since I've been back home on earth, my heart so deeply long to return back home in USA and I know a lots change but most I can do is embrace myself along my way there."

Wondy thought to himself as he set course to earth. Due anticipated haven't not been home in years, he yearns to be on earth though Si was kind of nervous as he kept no contact with his friends, his family, most of all, his kimiko. Billions of light years away from Earth, Chrysander would make it there in an estimate 13 minutes due to traveling at nearly exceeding warp speed as he tends to fly faster during intergalactic travel. Upon reaching Earth's Atmosphere, Chry could hear what sounded like a war but couldn't spot any nucleus warheads detonating or missile warfare going on. Flying towards where all the ruckus was going from, he could catch a view of all the commotion. A battle. More like a War. As The Pluxian King identity the combatants, only one face truly stood out more than any. Ajax. Today was going to be like another World War. Perhaps as worst as when my longtime arch nemesis Warsman this world was meant to be his. But this one was different, this one wasn't about have total control or power surge or any materialistic motivate. This was a beast, a mind of full rage based on vengeance for exile. This one wanted to broke the world. Ironic for two god like beings return to their home, one came to break it and the other to save it. His mind was clear and his heart motivated for he now felt destine in return, for his main purpose was to stop what appeared to be an unconquerable force. Mentally prepared and able, Chrysander felt like his power was at his peak and his adversary would be in for a hell of a fight. Just a few feet under him some sort of aircraft soar through the skies, releasing cantines that burst in the area of the monstrous Ajax and engulf him in a type of mystic flame. The Monstrous being wined up his mace and launched it ah the air vessel with such brute might that even if it miss the force alone could send it crashing towards the ground, he then defend himself from the flame with a rock like cocoon, the sizzling temperature of the fire caused the cocoon to shatter like a rock being thrown at a glass house. Quick thinking, Si flew down towards the aircraft to prevent the mace from destroying it, his sapphire blue eyes now radiated gold with energy. Closing them, the energy charged till the luminosity was vastly intense almost like the sun, the mace was within striking distance when he opened his eyes and release a high intensity beam of destructive cosmic energy that would not only kill the momentum ofAjax's mace, maybe even destroy it if its durability is weaker than adamantium, but also cause Ajax some agony. As the battlefield would be covered in smoke and dust from near by buildings collapsing and a crater being formed where Ajax stood. The combatant on the force would be a little disoriented though to the force of the blast.

Si descended him the air to the ground below, Washington DC, wasn't only going to be home of the president and first family but also the home of one of the greatest battles seen as two titans collide. One shall triumph and one shall fall. His silky long blonde hair blew in the wind like a bay watch star running, his eyes focused and fearless, his ever so complicated mind clear and concentration, his fist clenched tight as they were ready to deliver blows that would shake the heavens, and his infamous blue and yellow costume iconic and more heroic looking than ever. Simon would slowly walk over to the crater to engage this adversary as he was assured that one blast wont put down such a tough adversary so much more would be needed. Si was going to do what it takes as so much more was on the line here. Glancing around his environment, His sapphire eyes could the sight of a beauty that would forever be an image in his mind. This was one was familiar as the the red white and blue made her look like she was the embodiment of freedom, lady liberty herself.

"Excuse, my dear lady, I know your a fighter, a warrior, a perfect soldier, and you have a beauty that couldn't really be rival but please I ask you to stand back, I don't want you getting hurt."

Though it was appear as being cocky and flirting, Simon actually cared for her well being and wouldn't sit easy with himself if he allowed her agony whilst his presence be in the battlefield. If ensuring no one is harmed and subduing this beast would cost his life then Si was ok with that, if it took one rainy day for earth to see many sunny ones, then he was ok with it. Today will show that hope will always be here, today, Ajax meets a force to be reckoned, the Return of the Golden Guardian of Good, Wonder Man.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax's teeth clenched as his brow narrowed; he stood hunched over like an ape, one of the many qualities that he possessed which was comparable to the species related to the humans. Another human arrived to attempt to stop the mighty titans triumphant return; in response he pushed from the ground with his powerful legs, leaving imprints that an average sized man could fit in from his feet. He sprinted with vicious rage towards the newcomer like an unstoppable juggernaut.

She drew pistol and unleashed a volley of targeted shots at the unstoppable mammoth's right knee. The impact, coupled with his galloping speed brought a rather sudden result. His knee buckled, dropping in mid-step, causing his head to slam in to the ground with a thundering smack. He slowly raised his body from the ground with, slightly dazed from the unanticipated impact but quickly regained awareness. He stretched his arm outwards, calling for his mystical mace to be summoned to him which he had previously thrown with lethal force towards an aircraft.

However, as the mace redirected its path back towards its master, it was thrown off course by another intervening in Ajax's brutish return. A high intensity beam projected by a flying metahuman had blasted the mace temporarily away from it's trajectory, causing it to crash land 100 meters away, digging up dirt and sending vegetation in all directions.

Another blast quickly followed, this time striking Ajax whom was caught woefully off-guard. The blast flattened him in to the ground with unstoppable force and ploughed him deeply across the ground.

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." - Winston Churchill

---

It doesn't matter now. Everything's burning. The lights come on, and it's go time. Protect what's yours. No more casualties. The carrier's doors start to crack open. His legs lock into position. He's ready to sprint as soon as the opening is big enough.

Three.

People are dying. Hurry up.

Two.

Hurry.

One.

Please.

---

From the skies, the Star Spangled Super Soldier emerges into a roll suitable for absorbing the shock of his fall. The gesture, of course, started with his shield as a makeshift parachute and then as the head to a spring to which his arms were the primary builders of tension. Leaping to his feet, he surveyed the battlefield from his perch on the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

The nation's capital had seen better days.

Without hesitation, he regrouped with a herd of refugees attempting to retreat from the devastation. He relayed orders for them to get as far away as possible. Even over the din of confusion and cacophony of destruction, the war veteran had an undeniable presence. Everywhere he went, people rallied under his iconic shield and followed him to safety.

"Dark Vengeance (@darkknightdetective), come in!" he roared into his comm, desperate to save lives as he deflected rogue chunks of debris away from the retreating masses.

"I'm here near the epicenter of landing zone alpha, do you copy? Maintain the battlefield's edges, keep them from pushing anywhere else in the city! You've got the technology. I'll join the fight soon, but the area has to be evacuated!"

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ishin

Profoundly submerged in the spiritually gratifying practice of quiescent meditation, the former Impero sat cross-legged and audibly mute behind the nurturing walls of one of his undisclosed, underground abodes, temperately situated on an expansive alabaster mat. Several feet before his obsessively concentrated frame burned a waning candle, the ethereally stimulative smoke from the flambeau's scintillating, malachite conflagration vitalizing the Esoteric Elitist's chakra-points, fortifying their metaphysical composition with rousing vibrancy. Knuckles braced against one another as the culmination of the ritualized Keijijo practice enabled his studious analysis of the globe's present conflicts.

The observed peace however, dissipated following the ebullient emergence of an indignant titan, one of darkened rock and wielding a gargantuan warhammer of mountainous might. "Hmm", uncertain of how to proceed, his observations resumed, incapable of attributing immediate malice as a characteristic of the Geological Goliath, Ajax. Pacifistic benevolence however, forsook him upon the vehement commencement of a graphic warpath incited by the titanic leviathan, warranting the intervention of numerous courageous metahumans, none of which the Keijijo Grandmaster recognized, save for one, Kelly, popularly titled as Lady Liberty, a government fugitive he had befriended weeks prior to the ensued event. And though present circumstances indicated an advantageous position for the gathered collection of Washington's defenders, the physical chakras of this Ajax were prominent, almost grossly so, his defeat would not be so easily spurred.

Terminating his meditative session, irreversibly intent on confronting the Geological Goliath as per the logic behind his endeavored sabbatical from Reisho, to do what the globe's past heroes have failed to. Reaching for his habitual weapon of choice, a broad and flat sword, Hansha, it's incandescent blade ceremonially wrapped by esoterically attributed bandages, Ishin slides it onto a sling across his back, his secondary bladed weapon, Nanda, a smaller one-handed Japanese nihonto dangled from the left side of his waist. A second afterwards, he had vanished, re-materializing inches from a previously dispersed Keijijo Geijutsu kunai on the concrete pavement, a modest quantity of blocks from Ajax's present location.

Transposing himself to the valorous heroes' location, Ishin emerges from behind @lady_liberty and her accompanying comrade @arquitenens, discarding unnecessary pleasantries save for a faint smile of cordiality to both. "How powerful is that thing? Your first-hand experience will help me gauge how great a threat this creature is", Ishin reasons, certain that the titan's grounded position would be concise, it's return to the battlefield, imminent.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arquitenens

Responding to a dire request from her newly reunited brief ally of only a short time, Abigail rejoined Lady Liberty in the United States to aid in the handling of a threat in the capital. For the time, her mother was to be hidden away for her own safety. Still, although safely sequestered in a clandestine location, Emilie couldn't remain there long, for her own peace of mind.

Equipped with the nanite bow acquired in Venezuela, various different kinds of telescopic arrows in a side quiver, as well as the standard types, she carried not much else, hoping to keep light and manoeuvrable as possible.

In contrast to her partner's almost serene, accepting nature heading into battle, Abigail, sitting across from her, wore an expression imparting something less than full confidence. Eyes closed, she gripped tight to the nanite bow, pressed to her forehead, and said a short prayer for comfort, finishing just as the van rolled to a halt.

Hopping out alongside Kelly, Abigail was not the very first to action. Though, as her ally’s attacks sent the otherworldly thread tumbling and yet another hopeful hero made his presence known, the archer levelled her aim at the grounded brute, even if unsure at its effectiveness against such a foe.

As he was grounded, however, she made no attacks just yet, questioning in turn. “Do we even know what he’s doing here? What does he want?” She, too, opted to await more information on motives, as well as strengths and potential vulnerabilities, before the initial assault.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I glanced at the golden haired man, @simon_williams, and chuckled at his words, though not unkindly. "Well that's kind of you but I'm afraid I have a job to do here." Powers, no powers, my mission was still the same. Protect my people. Some blond headed fellow was hardly going to change things, no matter how grateful I was for his support.

The hypersonic rounds from my gauss pistol staggered the monolithic brute and the energy beams from the heavens did the rest. In one fell swoop he was taken down and disarmed both. But even a cursory glance showed this was, no doubt, a temporary state of affairs. The orange brute was too strong and animated by an unnatural rage; he had yet to tap into his reservoirs of power.

As the titanic beast fell, leaving a line of gigantic footprints in his wake, I heard a voice I recognized.@ishin. There is no time to turn and chat, our foe today is too dangerous but I answered as best I could. "We have never clashed before but he can endure hypersonic gauss rounds. He is strong."

Then I addressed the questions of my original ally, @arquitenens. "Perhaps someone does but I do not. If we can lure him into a less populated area perhaps we could find the time to investigate further."

Avatar image for iggy_knightfall
Iggy_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ajax_:

(Prior/ during landing):

One drip, two drip, three drip. Iggy sat in the corner of his cell rotting away. All he did all day was stare at the dripping water in his cell at the DC maximum security prison. Today was different though; last night he had a dream that the image of death and true justice came down from the heavens to strike down Earth's sinners. Most would ignore this and think it was just a dream, but Iggy is not most people. There was a sudden boom and his automatic cell door opened. Iggy smiled, "Repent".

The guards were too busy with the other prisoners to notice Iggy as he snuck away into the vault. The vault was a place where weapons of super villains belonged and Iggy had them all to himself. During this time he learned it was Ajax who was the judgement upon the scum of the Earth and the 'heroes' were stopping this. Iggy grabbed a suit of armor and prepared to help his messiah.

(Now):

Iggy had reached the battle ground. The heroes persisted in their suicidal mission to stop Ajax. What pawns they are to the sin and governments of the world, thought Iggy. He pulled out his Nightstick and jumped into battle. "FOR AJAX!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ice_Hunter

@ishin: @allegiance: @simon_williams: @lady_liberty: @web_flotsam: @web_flotsam: @shadowswordmaster: @_sojourn_: @_ajax_:

So many people all trying to stop the beast, so many getting in Phrygus' way. After managing to dodge an incoming shockwave from the lava veined rock monster, the ice hunter landed squarely on his feet only to be met with a blast of shadow matter into his face, rolling away due to the shadow wave's impetus and being brought away from the battle.

He wasn't quite sure how he managed to get hit by that. He usually would have been able to get rid of something like that without too much effort. Perhaps he was getting sloppy...perhaps his enemy was legitimately that good. But for a time, the alien was down and out of the fight. Not because he was unconscious, but because he was literally pushed all the way out of the combat zone.

For a time, the cocky alien was indeed effectively out of the battle, but before some humans could dig the hero who had become world famous during the Hierarchy invasion out of his pit, he smashed his way out and immediately leaped into the air on a platform of ice, sliding across it to get back into the fight.

"All ya'll cats get back, I'm puttin' some ice on this here fire ya dig, dawg?" He said in his horrendous adopted Ghetto accent that would make any linguist weep bitter tears as he came flying in and focused his hydrokinetic powers on the ocean, bringing what could best be described as "a metric crap ton" of salt water he had filtered out the sea-life and salt out of.

This miraculous purification and desalinization was quickly quashed as he sought to swamp the area in ten thousand metric tons of water, dropping the enormous orb of liquid onto the ground to try and engulf Ajax and his allies with the enormous sea of liquid before applying pure cold to it, drawing out all energy to freeze over the water and make for a thick layer of ice as he brought the wave of water back unto itself to form a hugely thick dome and froze it over into a ten thousand ton hemisphere of ice.

"I'm so awesome." Phrygus said, gleefully demonstrating that he was in fact, utterly full of himself and not seeming to mind the fact that the water just wrecked what was left of the property on the street, though it didn't harm any people. Nanotechnology would fix it or something he thought. He wasn't sure if that put Ajax down...but he thought it looked cool.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax climbed to his feet again, shaking the dirt from his tough dermal armour. He stood back on, turning his head to look over his shoulder has his teeth clenched with anger. He fully turned his massive bulk to face the many who resisted him and with a savage war cry he slammed one fist in to the ground. The strike send out a massive earth quake, causing buildings to shake amongst their foundations, shuddering as if made of elastic. Windows shattered, cars exploded, and cracks formed throughout the earth; the quake projected out several miles which was an incredible feat; even for the mighty Ajax.

Unlike in the past when Ajax had used brute strength when performing such attacks, he had used his new found earth manipulating powers this time. It was clear whatever he had come in contact with in space had granted him these new powers, and upgraded his previously possessed abilities as well.

Ajax once again called for his mystical mace as it soared through the air on target to reach it's masters hand. Perhaps this mace was the source of his new abilities, it was impossible to tell, but could be strongly assumed. The mystical properties of the mace could have altered the very DNA of Ajax which would be a problem as the change could be permanent, or it could simply serve as a source of external power, like an extra generator. One could only hope that the mace gave the latter of those two possibilities.

As the earthquake projected out from the epicentre of Ajax's fist, the ice alien attacked once more, but this time doing far more than just provoking or irritating the powerful beast. He brought the powerful force of the ocean itself down upon Ajax. The savage monster struggled in the impact of the water, attempting to free himself from its grip; trying to get free and back to dry land. However, the ice controlling alien instantly removed all energy from the water, causing several metric tons of water to freeze solid all around Ajax.

In the midst of this, the mace had failed to reach Ajax once more, and it too had frozen several yards from the mighty grip of Ajax. This could be a chance for the heroes of Earth to see if this beasts new power was indeed from the mystical weapon or if they were in more trouble than they could handle.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my current state of suckling rage, I still see that I'm no match for such mastery of power as presented by these monsters. I see, that through the eyes of a titan, a feeble mortal, or whatever I can call myself, am not to trifle with such magnitudes. The ground shakes before me, and I loose my footing with every stumble backward. Im a fish out of water, so to speak.

Yet, I'm beguiled by them all. Each new entry, an effort to thwart the atlas I was beckoned by, dazzles me. I've found myself at a loss for action. I know not what else to do. As much as my yearning to destroy guides me, my lack of understanding myself, even why I'm here, pulls me back, tethers me to smallish timidity. I tell myself to run, but the bitter cold now...It holds me, binds me. I can't move. I want to move badly.

I know that I'm going to die, if I stay here, and the one true thing that I know about myself could never be completed. A light flashes within me, and I jerk to start. I find myself running, my body obviously smarter than my mind at this point. I don't know where I'm running too, and my chest heaves with frosted air, it hurts as it enters my esophagus and lungs, it chills me throughout. I don't like it. My feet smack the pavement, and I stumble forwards falling on my palms and begin to cry. Pellets of sidewalk ruble dot my hands and knees, they sting from impact.

I'm not sure of what is happening. I feel, penetrated, human...low. I can hear the carnage of the fight that I'd fled, but I can't see them. I feel the tremors of impact, and I know that Im not far away enough. What was this that carried me? I'm running again, my mind catches up, and I'm breathing harder than I ever have before. Globs of mucus reach my dry mouth and I'm drooling, like an infant calf. I can't run anymore...I'm too tired. I sit and I feel the tremors and hear the scream. I see people run past me, a few try to help me up the curb where I rest, put I am unresponsive.

My mind is a knot. I've tied my thoughts to memories, and to emotions, and they don't make any kind of sense. They tangle to each other, time is nullified, and I just sit. I'm not able to feel anything at this time, there was cold around me, which is what I told myself. I'm crying I think, or sweating maybe? My heart settles to a steady beat, and my chest hurts, my feet ache. I'm human...I feel pain...This is real. I can die..That is all I can amass from this.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ajax_: Hellwings angrily pulled himself to his feet, shaking off the blow he had taken as the mace raced up to hit the jet. Now he was angry. He sprung forward, grabbing a wing from the shattered plane. With a hideous smile, he blasted Ajax with blinding heavenly light and sprang forward, ready to pound his skull in with the wreckage he held.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ajax_:

Super powered Vanilla Ice unleashed his hydrokinetic powers upon the titanic body of our foe. For a moment I thought that it was impossible; he was simply too strong. But then the solid block of ice frozes around him, holding him and his mace trapped for a heartbeat.. then two.. then three.

A burst of elation flared inside me. Even a small delay might save hundreds of lives. Every second our foe was trapped inside the massive block of ice was another second the police had to evacuate the tourists and other individuals unlucky enough to be in the area.

It was also a chance to win, and the sooner we won the less danger my new found ally, Abby, would face. She was brave to accompany me and her archery was valuable but this was dangerous. None of us could match his strength and durability. The sooner we ended this the better.

My eyes turn to his mace. Exotic, alien and esoteric it seemed to be a powerful weapon. I knew little to nothing of our foe, save that he was massive, powerful and seemingly unstoppable. Did his mace power him or did he power his mace? Perhaps neither; perhaps it was merely a tool with no inherent connection to him. Either way it was still a weapon and deadly in the hands of the behemoth.

I raised my gauss pistol and switched my ion plasma ammo. Helium Hydide Ion Plasma; one of the first materials to come into existence in our universe. It was reactive with virtually every substance known to man. A super acid.

Then I broke into a run and aimed my pistol at the ice between me and the exotic mace. Glowing blue plasma streaked from the barrel. The mirror polished silver of my alien pistol flickered silver-blue with the reflection. I smelled the dirty smoke of annihilated oxygen.

The rounds slammed home in the block of ice. Ice, hydrogen and oxygen, reacted with the plasma superacid. Steam and smoke boiled from the point of impact. A thunderous pop filled the air as deep cracks ran through the ice.

My other hand whipped around and my thumb activated my gravaton gauntlets. Gravitational force joined the motion of my arm; eight short tons behind my shield throw. The void shield smashed into ice that was already decomposing. The ice between me and the mace shatters into a thousand pieces and I holster my pistol without breaking stride, and leap, catching my shield in mid air, attempting to snatch the mace with my free hand.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Atomikill_

Dr. Edward John Shandian had been on his way to meet the President when he noticed all of the commotion, about a hundred yards away from his limousine. Looking around first to make sure there weren't any conductors near him he narrowed his eyes before summoning approximately 10,000 volts of electricity, eyes blazing blue as he floated up into the air about 8 feet, tuxedo burning away to reveal his very basic power suit.

"Ok, now lets see if Andreinov's money is worth all the fuss." He muttered to himself as he fired a strong arc of lightning toward @_ajax_, feeling the smallest struggle in the back of his mind as he called upon the skies, flying up another 30 feet so he would be less of a target.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"A less populated area? In Washington DC?" Abigail remarked in sarcastic disbelief, noting to herself and her allies that such a th'ing would most likely be scarce, and not to put too much hope into that. That mattered little in the moment, as the oddly-featured being rose once more, in a fury, showing no signs of wanting to stop and talk. Drawing back on her bow, Abigail's attempt at aiming was quickly disrupted by the violent rupture in the earth where they stood. Though surprising, and a bit of a hindrance, he was thankfully stopped before too much serious damage was done, encased in a chunk of ice by another on scene.

Keeping an eye on Liberty kept Abigail savvy to what her partner was thinking, despite no formal communication exchanged between them, watching over where her attention was drawn and where she'd started running. Offering cover as Kelly made her way to the mace, she had yet to fire another arrow, though prepared in case the cryogenic prison failed to hold him long. Through continuous application of pressure from more and more heroic hopefuls, he was kept mostly off balance and on defence, though the destruction remained a concern. Keeping watch as Kelly attempted to free the mace, concerned with where resources had been spent and what was left, she addressed the American patriot, more than a little worried. "Who's in charge of evacuation? Is there a perimeter? Anything?"