Aetheroth: The Twelfth Realm (Open RPG Location)

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Twelfth Realm

Enter stranger...
Enter stranger...

In the sheer vastness of the many worlds of the Vine Universe, there is indeed another realm, beyond the restrictions of man's modern world. A vast fantasy realm filled with creatures of all kinds, be it elves, dragons, monsters. Where tales of bloodshed and battle are forged everywhere, a land brimming with clashing ideologies and limitless boundaries of magic!

This is Aetheroth, the 12th Mystical Realm!

The sheer vastness of the massive continent is covered in all kinds of magnificent structures, within various lands controlled by most peculiar individuals. The 12th Realm, as stated before, boast a simply massive array of creatures, entities, mortals, and immortals. Even beings from worlds parallel to their own!

Factions, kingdoms, and other groups are heavily spread out throughout the realm, many constantly at odds, and caught in unending wars.

Access to the realm from the outside is limited, but certainly not impossible. While within an entirely different dimension then the Earth itself (The 12th Alternate Dimension), certain openings, certain 'gates' from Earth to Aetheroth exist, accessible through the use of the Realmscar.

The world of Aetheroth is ever changing, with mysterious still heavily veiled all throughout, and history to be made.....

Primary Locations

Pivot

Renowned as one of the largest locations within Aetheroth, Pivot is actually one of the newer lands discovered, having only been around for a century. A vast array of forest areas and fields, Pivot is home to numerous human-lead kingdoms and factions, and is host to an array of humans and elves working within the Union. Its largest city, Stormcross, is the capital location for the Union. Those seeking entry into the light-preserving faction would do well to come here, to request entry.

Anamor

Anamor consist of a group of slightly antiquated towns in the middle of a rather mountainy set of land. Smaller then Pivot by a considerably degree, Anamor is primarily host to humans wishing to live in a more secluded, peaceful environment. Rather then aspiring to truly aid the ranks of the Union, the Anamorians would much sooner preserve their own tranquil societies and maintain their ways of living purely on their own. However, this was certainly not to last.

As time went on, those who saw their king as unfit to lead his people into better times sought to remove him from the thrown by way of a coup. These particular dissenters were against seclusion from the other lands, but were aware of King Howlet''s firm stance on the matter. Thus, lead by Jon Domerio, previously a middle-class Anamorian, the rebellion against seclusion began, and still persist, today.

Dunthinar

No Caption Provided

Dunthinar is nothing short of the second largest location within the 12th Dimension, second to Pivot. In direct contrast to Pivot's slightly more orderely surroundings, Dunthinar's possesses rougher, particularly more intimidating landscapes, symbolizing the more warlike methods of the True Phalanx. Consisting of numerous militaristic villages spread throughout it, Dunthinar is primarily host to the Orcs serving the True Phalanx, though other races are spread throughout the faction (Ex: Ichor Elves, Trolls, Tainted Eldar, Namodians, Sentient Desolated, and other races).

The Phalanx was previously lead by the sociopathic warmonger known as Tarkosh, son of Ramus Shadowcry. , though due to his tyrannical and disgraceful actions, he was eventually unsurped in a surprising alliance between the Phalanx and the Union. However, albeit the temporarily truce, the battles between the Union and the Phalanx still persist. The current commander of the True Phalanx is the Namodian warrior, Iroh Banehoof, who seeks to lead his faction and its people down a less militaristic path, back to more honorable roots... And to correct the mistakes made by Tarkosh....

Knightforge

The large, snowy mountains and forest of Knightforge can be located west to the human lands of Pivot. A somewhat small location, geographically speaking, Knightforge remains an extremely remarkable place. In a similar fashion to Dunthinar, there are quite a few villages spread throughout, though with significantly different structures. As the name might imply, Knightforge is a place specifically designed to be gratifying to blacksmiths and forgers, particularly of Dwarven kind.

The Dwarves of Knightforge are nigh-unparalleled warriors, and extraordinarily capable blacksmiths. They are highly sought out by members of the Union and the True Phalanx, and rightfully so....

El'Nathas

El'Nathas, an unnaturally beautiful land of particularly lush forest, a large variety of wilflife, and multiple Elven Kingdoms divided between the land. Mystical power flows within the very plants and growth within El'Nathas, as though forcing the surroundings to remain in a state of consistent perfection. Undeniably embodying the perfection that many elves have strived for themselves, El'Nathas, albeit magnificent, has been seen by many as against the flow of nature itself, due to the constant use of magic within its society. Various Elven Kingdoms are active within this particular region, even more so then Pivot. The most notable Elven Kingdom here is the one governed by the High Elves.

El'Nathas neighbors the Zone of Perpetual Twilight, and thus, is also come to an array of Dark Elves, who have veiled their own areas in shadowy skies....

Darkveil

In the beginning, the location now known as 'Darkveil', was actually called, "Granveil." It was a great area for exploration and travel, with its soothing tenor and lack of violence. However, now, the constantly contested forest of Darkveil are home to an array of Union and True Phalanx soldiers, locked in battle in various parts of the forest for greater amounts of territory. Once exceptionally lush and filled with grandeur, there are mere remnants of the wide forest that remain free of corruption. The forces of the Infernal Phalanx, particularly arrays of demons and other beast, freely roam through other areas of Darkveil, seeking to push their corruption further...

Frostreave

Home to the Dark Forces...
Home to the Dark Forces...

Frostreave, a frigid, unrelenting zone of wilderness. Its icy depths are host to some of the most petrifying creatures of undeath that the twelfth realm has to offer. Previously, Frostreave was the primary ruling place of the Nether King, and thus, brimmed with beings raised from death to serve the Dark Forces, to serve the Infernal Phalanx. Skeletons, wraiths, ghouls, abominations, and even snow drakes, Frostreave is host to many creatures, each of them more then capable of slaughtering living beings... and very willing to do so. Only desolation awaits here, and many have found their lives cut short at the hands of some of the most atrocious beings this world has to offer.

Δράκος Nexus

Literally translated into Dragon Nexus, the Drakos Nexus, as the name may imply, is a place home to a significant amount of dragons, drakeflights, wyrms, and many other draconic creatures that have migrated to this place. The location itself is filed with steep mountains, caves, and other rocky areas where dragons are most likely to inhabit. While it is certainly not uncommon to see hordes of flights roaming across the skies at times, a considerable amount of the dragon population resides here.

It is generally not advised to travel through this area. While some of the flights may be... well... tolerant of mortal exploration, others will send the unwary adventurer to a swift and most uncomfortable death without a second thought. However, there are a few paths here and there where one can stray away from particularly deadly wyrms and flights.

Wu-Yishu

In the native language of the Pandar, Wi-Yishu actually means 'Mist Techniques', symbolizing the unique martial artistry capabilities that they have created, and their very way of life. Wu-Yishu is an exceptionally stunning island to the far south of Knightforge, and one that appears to be constantly in motion, oddly enough. Its structures are heavily ornamented, and boast quite the amount of temples and shrines used for meditation and cleansing. The people native to the sizable island, the Pandar, are an extremely placid species, though protect their island with ferocity, and with good reason. The Pandar have seen years of harmony for quite some time now, and resolve to keep it that way.

However, with adventurers now reaching the island at last, only time will tell how long their harmony will be preserved....

The Unbound Desert

The Unbound Desert is a searing, seemingly endless area of sand and powerful wind. Covered in ivory dunes, with very few sources of water. Sidewinders moving across the scorching ground, it's no wonder that many human beings have died of hunger and thirst here. However, for the strong-willed souls who manage to make it across, they may find things that are nothing short of beyond reckoning.....

Fel-Land

Similarly to Darkveil, Fel-Land was an area tainted with the vast demonic powers of the Infernal Phalanx. However, where some are still able to fight off the demonic forces residing within Darkveil... Fel-Land has been deemed a lost cause, a large casualty in the chaotic war against the forces swarming into Aetheroth. Past the vast, rocky mountains, silent and deadened forest, and lakes of flame and brimstone, Fel-Land is one of the primary homes to the Dark Forces on Aetheroth, and its corruption has seeped into the very roots in the ground. Crawling with demons of all sorts, be it Monguards, Fel Lords, Infernals, Abyssal terrors, chaotic beings of all sorts, clamoring through the mountains fiery depths in search of ways to resurrect their fallen masters.

Region of Perpetual Twilight

The Region of Perpetual Twilight, or simply Perpetual Twilight, is the homeland to the Midnight Elves, whom have chosen to distance themselves from their heretic arcane abusing counterparts. The land itself is filled with nature, though without the unnatural magics infused into it. Its landscapes are quite soothing, and its skies appear to remain a dark-bluish purple. The Midnight Elves, similar to the Pandar, are a rather peaceful species, though seeking to guard themselves from the perturbations of outsiders. However, they have more or less established an alliance with the Union, and will come to their aid if need be.

Archium

Rather then a simple location, Archium is actually a city, home to a race of human beings known as 'The Arcanians'. Arcanians are highly religious and nomadic individuals, seeking to better their own societies through further philosophical discoveries. Fairly distinguishable by their cobalt eyes and dark skin, the Arcanians are extremely loyal to their God, Theos, deeming other faiths as disgraceful. In their society, the arcane arts are forbidden, seen as heretic to their beliefs, and against the ways of Theos...

Whispering Fields

The area here is unusually quiet, especially during the nighttime. There are few buildings are here, as not many would want to live in such a mysterious place. The surroundings are unusually bleak, and the grass looks rather dead. In certain places, it is rumored that one may here... voices... whispers, hisses. There have been reports of rather odd looking shadows moving across the area... but the most unusual rumor (It is questioned whether or not it is real), is the rumor about five children roaming through the area at a quarter till midnight, their expressions quite blank, and at times, silently stalking the VERY few people brave enough to enter.... and then vanishing without a trace.

Is it the haunting grounds of those slain? Or something much more....

Deadwood

Deadwood is a location west to Pivot, directly across a gleaming lake. A constantly darkened forest of many mysteries, Deadwood is a place holding much history. It is a place highly populated by the forces of Undeath, mindless, seeking only to rend the flash of those living. There are a few villages with heavy defenses throughout Deadwood, looking to end the constant threat of the Dark Forces. Near the center of the shadowy forest is a Fortress, surrounded by wraiths, and guarded by unearthly banshees. Necromancers of the Infernal Phalanx have conjured creatures of all kind to defend the ignoble place. Rumor has it that somewhere beneath the fortress, there is a VERY peculiar and ongoing operation, possibly the source of the shambling horrors roaming the forest....

The Realmscar

No Caption Provided

The Realmscar is perhaps THEE most mysterious point on all of Aetheroth, and not only because of the bizarre energies keeping the vast portal open. The portal itself is a tear between the fabrics of space. Previously deactivated, the opening of the Realmscar caused a most terrible event... the creation of the Infernal Phalanx. In this world, the Dark Forces were the primary threat. In its counterpart, Skellbrieg, the evils of the Dark Horde were capable of bringing the leagues of corruption together.

Beyond the Realmscar, one is able to travel to either Old or Current Fargate. Through Current Fargate, one will be able reach the most mysterious Eighth Continent. Currently, the Realmscar is unable to connect with its Worldscar equivalent, and thus, unable to bring one from Aetheroth to Skellbrieg...

However, only time will tell if such a thing will change.

Other Locations

Aetheroth is a realm filled with many undiscovered locations, endless mysteries to be uncovered, and limitless bounds of magic to discover. Beyond these locations are places that remain unmarked, still shrouded in mystery. And it is up to you to uncover them...

Additional Locations

Skellbrieg: The Eighth Continent

Additional Lore

To be added

RPG Information

To be added

Questlines -

World Events -

Storylines -

Playable Factions

• TP (True Phalanx)
  • U (Union)
  • I (Independent)
  • IP (Infernal Phalanx)
  • D (The Desolated)

Many other, smaller factions exist all over Aetheroth.

OOC Information/Rules

• This is an Open RPG location.
  • You can control or create minor NPCS within reason.
  • Selling is very important. If you're going to create enemy NPCs or creatures to battle, depending on what kind of creature/NPC they are, sell them. And if another character attacks you, sell them as well.
  • PM any questions about the place to me, I'm happy to answer any question!
  • If you've got any sizable concept/story ideas, PM them to me first! I cannot stress how important it is for you ASK my permission before thrusting concepts into the RP.
  • This location is currently 79% complete, updates and extra information will be added regularly.
  • To create your own location/species here, PM me your idea.
  • Don't destroy the place. I tolerant very minor destruction here.
  • If you're a character from outside of this location, you should probably be here for a semi-decent reason, and have a plausible way to have arrived here.
  • Most importantly, have fun!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_man_standing

It's here a bit early, but we've got plenty of story ideas to discuss. :)

It's finally here, the recreation of my old thread.

Funny, the location descriptions looked longer when I was making them. Alas.

Still got some things I need to work on, but other then that, here it is.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Hmmm very interesting

Avatar image for last_man_standing
Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Encriptor
No Caption Provided

Igniting a rebellion of their masters, one whom they all revered as their heir to rule an Orc of great powers Thrall. Another became legendary amongst his people General Hellscream, commanding strategic measures for vanquishing the masters and freeing the slaves. Together they led their people towards a massive Portal that the demons were forcing his people to construct, and they would use this to endeavor into a new world and be free at last.

Thrall, Tribal leader the Orcs, Looks upon this Realmscaras he and his people step through the great portal. No longer be be slaves of their homeworld. General Hellscream, lead his most trusted guard and a battalion primarily to ensure their chosen tribal leaders safety.

Loading Video...

FOR THE HORDE!

Avatar image for rexford_the_smited
Rexford_The_Smited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a dreary and dark knight as the spirit of vengeance was met by the cries of a young woman screaming out "They killed him! No! No! He is dead!" a vision displaying itself clearly to him of a helpless girl crying out in the rain. He appeared to her " what is it you seek?" he spoke in a cold metallic voice "You" she replied to him calmly as she pulled a hexbag out of her pocket and threw it to the ground causing a surge of blue light to project from the runic symbols he now noticed on the ground "Damn you witch!" he shrieked.

I resurrected under the glow of a massive portal shining with shades of black and red. A surge of anger rushed over me as I realized what had happen prior to my reawakening. after vowing to myself I would slay that witch just as I had her father I made an attempt to channel my energy and teleport back to the immortal plane but my effort proved to futile my link apparently distorted.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.... Beautiful =)

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_man_standing: You unlocking Skellbrieg after I done my Guts character, Warsy? You crazy?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius: Guts is freakin awesome. how i never made a character like him is beyond me....

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Deep within the Frostreave, a force of great darkness calls it home. A variable King amongst the damned, once a mortal but the fear for his people made him venture for a truly curse weapon said to give great power to the wielder. He had to traverse or the harshest land imaginable and duel past horrors only in nightmares. Then once reaching the place where the weapon as being held a dark force began to influence and speak directly to him. For this wasn't merely a powerful weapon but in it was contained a malevolent spirit with powers which needed containment hence it's imprisonment.

After learning by means of flashbacks the reasons why it became this way trapped in an icy tomb, and forced to revision his own family and people in terror of their impending threat. He swung a sword smashing the icy barrier between them losing a helm, and a sword. He knowing no other way to save his people placed the crown on his head, grabbing the sword and placing where his once was. Felt an immense power surge into him, and his eyes began to glow a pale blue and his voice now was quite ghastly as he was now one with this spirit.

This spirit then guided him to a great mountain peak where he shown him his army that was promised and another great beast he could summon forth. This is the story of the Lich King, Arhas Pendragon.

Loading Video...

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: I started reading Berserk recently. One of the best decision in my life lol

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

I am crazy, because this is the moment we need to capitalize on.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_man_standing: I'm not alternating Skellbrieg/Europe all the time!

Okay, maybe I am >_>

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius: ITs some of the most gruesome and awesome stuff you will ever read. I havnt read it in a few years but what i have read is freaking awesome.

Check out Fort Apocalypse (Apocalypse No Toride) as well. Not your typical zombie genre manga

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: I'm checking out Parasyte first, then I'll be watching that.

On issue 5, one of the greatest flashbacks I've ever read. The story enveloping the main character is amazing.

@marte_aurelius:

Come on, it'll be fun :D

I'll probably drop by. Dunno how I'll find Skellbrieg, but I will!

Also, start reading Berserk.

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: The writing of @wearelegion has been pretty gruesome. Dunno if yall follow the World of Darkness thread.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius: Parasytes manga is much easier to get into and get fixed into. its dated but i loooove it

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: I wanna finish the anime. I want him to stay with purple-hair girl (horrible with names). At episode 10, will watch one more today.

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

Don't tell me to read something I already know more than you about :P

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

I've been keeping up with each update as it comes out on mangareader.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_man_standing: I'm reading it there right now =P

A friend presented it to me. Gotta thank him for making me read it lol

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: now you got me reading that "Apocalypse No Toride"

Last_Man_Standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

I have to say, seeing a zombie story with the classic slow-moving undead is refreshing.

Edit: Wait...no, nevermind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for paladin_of_the_light
Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XxHEROxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XxHEROxX

In the Nexus region, a city under the mountains exist rather hidden from outsiders. "urbs draconum " (city of Dragons) in this city the Dragonkin reside. Even though the landscape is riddled with Dragons and lesser forms of such, this civilization has evolved from a more humanoid appearance and an intelligence of equality amongst the studies. The Dragonkin prefer solitude but on occasion have been forced to make appearances for those trying to make settlements in their lands. The action to these intruders have been incineration, having most consider this a mere dragon attack.

No Caption Provided

Amongst those Dragonkin a royal of sorts heir to his throne wish for peace amongst the realms and his name was Draco Rex.

No Caption Provided

his people would now know the outside world and he would be known as well.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paladin_of_the_light: *kicks his ass*

We need Skellbrieg back on the track so we can have an inter-realm portal to Aetheroth and have the most badass crossover ever.

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

That already happened but no one noticed :P

We're having a reunion between Skellbrieg, Fargate, and Aetheroth soon. It'll coincide with the Skellbrieg RP we have planned for STRIKE.

But shush, no time for spoilers >_>

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paladin_of_the_light: What is Fargate again?

Damn, dude. Time to rework on Attilius and Urgarox. Not sure if Marte would drop by.

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

Fargate is the ancestral home of the Orcs and Thrae, but it was taken over by the Infernal Phalanx and lots of bad stuff happened.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paladin_of_the_light: Should I have Urgarox join an Orc tribe and pass on the Wolfsmen's leadership to Maximus?

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

I'm about to drop a post detailing everything that happened since Winter War and Clandestine Crusade.

Let's just say things aren't going too well.

And then I'll let you decide.

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Encriptor

@marte_aurelius: Thrall would be open to any other whom have escaped the demon masters to join his tribe?

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paladin_of_the_light: I think it makes the most sense since he's starting to get proud of being an Orc.

And Attilius and the Wolfmen would help him out no matter what, after all, they are equally discriminated.

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

We need to make an alliance between the Orcs and Aralgnor.

@encriptor:

We're talking Skellbrieg here dude :P

And I'm pretty sure you have to run the whole "king of Orcs" thing by the creator of this thread before asserting dominance like that.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marte_aurelius:

Already have a Zodd character before you do anything :P

Bertholdt, the Primordial Lord of Strength. Seats of Chaos man.

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paladin_of_the_light: fine, I meant to say self proclaimed king of his people whom have escaped through the portal into this world, not Skellbrieg. So, I don't understand why it would make a problem. Would Tribal leader be more acceptable?

Paladin_of_the_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@encriptor:

It just creates a piece of canon not approved by the creator and confuses people who want to read it. Just trying to help you out man, I don't want this to be confusing.

Like if I just claimed a race as my own without asking Dreadpool first, and he already might have a leadership position in mind.

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paladin_of_the_light: sorry was taking the role to heart I guess considering most Orcs would grasp the position rather wait for designation. but I can wait for approval on being a Tribe leader for now.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers