The Quest For Lost Comics; Night Thrasher: Four Control.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2
No Caption Provided

The lack of colored and female superheroes has always bothers me. Luckily, the number of titles with women as the main character has increased, and on the marked right now we have Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Bat-Girl, Worlds Finest, She-Hulk, and now something as new as a female AND Muslim superhero; Miss Marvel.And what goes for the colored superheroes, we don’t have any at the moment.

… Okay, yes there is Mighty Avengers, where everybody masturbates over how awesome they are. But the problem with this is that instead of being “that comic about a superhero team” its “that comic about a bunch of black guys.” It’s the same problem I have with Birds Of Prey.But in the 90's there was actually quite many titles with black superheroes as the main character, such as Spawn, Icon, Steel, Green Lantern Mosaic, Static Shock, War Machine, and today's subject; Night Thrasher: Four Control.

No Caption Provided

This four issue miniseries was spawned from New Warriors (the comic about my favorite superhero-team, witch you can read about HERE) And is about Night Thrasher, the leader of the Warriors, who has taken a leave of absence to get a hold of his life, witch has recently been turned upside down. But its not going to be a holiday for Thrash, for someone has kidnapped his legal guardian Chord. And just to make maters worse, Chord need surgery in less than three days, or he will die.

The kidnapper is most likely someone who wants to gain control over the Taylor Foundation (a conglomeration of financial intuitions, owned by Thrash) witch leave the board-members of the Taylor Foundation as the prime suspects.

No Caption Provided

This is a spin-off series, so you will probably enjoy it a lot more if you have read the New Warriors series, since there is a lot of referring to past events. The first issue is pretty average, but besides that, its a well told story. Its enjoyable to see Thrash move away from being an angsty, hot-tempered Punisher-wannabee, and that he finally becomes an adult with control over his life.The art is gritty, but not in a bad way, and we have a lot of action. My favorite issue is issue three where Thrash must face the super-powered corporate-shark Gideon, bout in combat and the financial world.If you are a fan of Nicieza's run on New Warriors, or you just want to read about a ass-kicking guy in a awesome battle-armor full of gadgets, then this is a must-have.

No Caption Provided

Oh, and before I forget it: Happy Valentine's Day!I'm Waezi2, and thanks for wasting time with me.

Check out my other reviews and 5-panel parodies on comicsin5panels.blogspot.dk/

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Very interesting comic and nice comic for a sort of Valentine's Day special.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...Night Thrasher is black!? *Gasp* :P

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By waezi2

@shadowswordmaster: As I wrote the review, I realized that I had forgot to make a VD-special, so I posted a picture of me with hearts to save it.

BTW, does my new haircut make me look like a neo-nazi?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: You know, I think that's one of the few things I didn't mention in my NW retrospective.

Not that it really mater.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@waezi2: No it looks like your a actor from a action movie.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

Interesting little mini review.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By myerlanski

I just left a comment about Nigh Thrasher( I still have New WARRIORS #1) the other day on article about the new New Warriors. It is true, the lack of level of ethnicity as title characters and heroes is puzzling.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myerlanski said:

I just left a comment about Nigh Thrasher( I still have New WARRIORS #1) the other day on article about the new New Warriors. It is true, the lack of level of ethnicity as title characters and heroes is puzzling.

What article was that?

@waezi2: I bought you a hat

Um, thanks?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone read any of the Milestone comics, like Static Shock or Icon? Are they good?

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By myerlanski

@waezi2: It wasn't exactly the same subject but I did mention Night Thrasher on here http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first-look-new-warriors-2/1100-148065/

. It was about new warriors # 2.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myerlanski: I have made a retrospective of the first New Warriors series. You wanna see?

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: come on now friend I'm on the vine...I'm hip...I would love to see that. Thanks man.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By myerlanski

@waezi2: first off, that was amazing. You took me back to my teenage days for sure. Thank you for that nostalgic trip down memory lane. I still love that part in issue one, when nova got his powers back and picked up those heavy weights with one hand. Completely shocking all those muscle heads.

The Warriors did introduce a lot of villians to Marvel U, both cornball and awesome. Oh and the glasses big boy had on are the ones Dwayne Wayne wore on a different world. A spinoff sitcom from the Cosby show in the 90s. I had a pair lol.

Thanks for that man. You took an old man born in 77 back. I remember those adventures and the betrayal I felt when I realized it was Tai that was behind everything. My 90s guitar is burning as well my friend.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Do you want to wear this hat?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eisenfauste

Nice blog

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By waezi2
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks that Mighty Avengers kinda sucks?