Male users who are ripped, how did you get like that?

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Like big pecs and solid abs

workouts?

What did you do?

How long did it take?

Gigachad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, and a 10 kilometer run every day for 3 years!

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gigachad said:

100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, and a 10 kilometer run every day for 3 years!

lol

my friend actually did the saitama workout and he actually made progress but soon his body got used to it

Gigachad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: I also tried to achieve 100 sit ups, push ups and squats, but 10km everyday is literally impossible for me. I run for about 2-3km but only in weekends.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 noobsnowman  Online
Loading Video...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

If you’re trying to put on muscle, in this case chest, then you’re going to want to focus on different chest based movements, bench press, dumbbell press, incline press, decline if you want to and dips. Your pressing movements and getting good at those will be the best bang for your buck. Supplement those with things like flies, dumbbell or cable, and push-ups or lighter dips like bodyweight.

Rep range is really gonna depend, some say 5-10, some say 6-12. 3-5 sets is a good baseline. What really matters is the intensity, so if you can breeze through 20 reps of say a bench press then find a weight that 10 is hard at with maybe a rep or two left in the tank. Point being you want pick a weight that is challenging but something you can get quality reps in somewhere in those rep ranges with maybe a rep or two left in the tank, you don’t need to go to complete failure, but you don’t want to hit 12-15 reps on an exercise that’s too light either.

But the important thing with stimulating growth is as I said intensity, and progressive overload, so adding weight or an extra rep or another set every time you walk into the gym so that way you’re improving.

As far as abs go, and muscle in general, that’s going to be dependent on diet. To get your abs to show you need to lose body fat. That’s a caloric deficit so eating less food. However, you don’t want to cut calories so bad that you’re not getting in adequate nutrition and then you’re not getting the nutrients and calories needed to repair your muscles. You also don’t want to go so deep in deficit you’re burning muscle tissue. The more muscle you have on your body, the more calories you burn doing nothing. So a slight caloric deficit, keep up the weight training and some simple cardio like just walking every day can make a huge difference.

But with all that said, I’d say find a training program you like, that’s fun and can keep you at it. At the end of the day consistency is the most important factor. How you train, what reps and sets etc to use and all that are merely tools and guidelines. Eat mostly good food, get your rest and don’t over complicate it. And be patient and find out what works for you. You might find higher reps work better for you. You might find lower reps and heavier weight work better. There is a lot of information out there, so taking the time to experiment and learn what works for you is clutch. It’s taken me almost 10 years to get where I feel most comfortable in my physique and I’ve been every where from 150lbs to 200 to 250, back to 200, up to 280lbs and finally comfortable around 260lbs. It’s time, patience, learning, trial and error and eventually you’ll learn what is right for you.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tennis

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gigachad said:

@rawsos: I also tried to achieve 100 sit ups, push ups and squats, but 10km everyday is literally impossible for me. I run for about 2-3km but only in weekends.

did you see any changes

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you’re trying to put on muscle, in this case chest, then you’re going to want to focus on different chest based movements, bench press, dumbbell press, incline press, decline if you want to and dips. Your pressing movements and getting good at those will be the best bang for your buck. Supplement those with things like flies, dumbbell or cable, and push-ups or lighter dips like bodyweight.

Rep range is really gonna depend, some say 5-10, some say 6-12. 3-5 sets is a good baseline. What really matters is the intensity, so if you can breeze through 20 reps of say a bench press then find a weight that 10 is hard at with maybe a rep or two left in the tank. Point being you want pick a weight that is challenging but something you can get quality reps in somewhere in those rep ranges with maybe a rep or two left in the tank, you don’t need to go to complete failure, but you don’t want to hit 12-15 reps on an exercise that’s too light either.

But the important thing with stimulating growth is as I said intensity, and progressive overload, so adding weight or an extra rep or another set every time you walk into the gym so that way you’re improving.

As far as abs go, and muscle in general, that’s going to be dependent on diet. To get your abs to show you need to lose body fat. That’s a caloric deficit so eating less food. However, you don’t want to cut calories so bad that you’re not getting in adequate nutrition and then you’re not getting the nutrients and calories needed to repair your muscles. You also don’t want to go so deep in deficit you’re burning muscle tissue. The more muscle you have on your body, the more calories you burn doing nothing. So a slight caloric deficit, keep up the weight training and some simple cardio like just walking every day can make a huge difference.

But with all that said, I’d say find a training program you like, that’s fun and can keep you at it. At the end of the day consistency is the most important factor. How you train, what reps and sets etc to use and all that are merely tools and guidelines. Eat mostly good food, get your rest and don’t over complicate it. And be patient and find out what works for you. You might find higher reps work better for you. You might find lower reps and heavier weight work better. There is a lot of information out there, so taking the time to experiment and learn what works for you is clutch. It’s taken me almost 10 years to get where I feel most comfortable in my physique and I’ve been every where from 150lbs to 200 to 250, back to 200, up to 280lbs and finally comfortable around 260lbs. It’s time, patience, learning, trial and error and eventually you’ll learn what is right for you.

thanks man

what if im at home without equipment

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

@rawsos: Sorry, I missed this reply. Bodyweight stuff is a little bit trickier in the sense that the loads aren’t going to be as great as barbells, dumbbells etc, but you can do a lot with just bodyweight. Focus on things like push-ups, squats, lunges, planks, sit-ups etc. You can always do things like fill a book bag with books or rocks and go for walks, do your squats and push-ups like that. Rep ranges and sets just treat with the same manner as I said in progressive overload, meaning add extra reps and sets or change the variation. I guess just something off the top of my head

Push-ups, squats, put your feet on a chair and make an L with your body and do almost like handstand presses, lunge and crunches.

4 rounds of 10-12 reps. Now when that gets easy move up to a 5th round. Then when that gets easy go to 15 reps on each and so on. And this like I said is just off the top of my head. If you can like 30 reps of stuff, great. If you can only do like 5 for certain exercises, no problem. But the important thing is to increase either reps, sets or add weight overtime to make sure you’re improving. And throw in variations of things like jump squats one day vs regular squats and close grip push ups vs regular push-ups. There are thousands of basic, no equipment workouts on YouTube.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: Sorry, I missed this reply. Bodyweight stuff is a little bit trickier in the sense that the loads aren’t going to be as great as barbells, dumbbells etc, but you can do a lot with just bodyweight. Focus on things like push-ups, squats, lunges, planks, sit-ups etc. You can always do things like fill a book bag with books or rocks and go for walks, do your squats and push-ups like that. Rep ranges and sets just treat with the same manner as I said in progressive overload, meaning add extra reps and sets or change the variation. I guess just something off the top of my head

Push-ups, squats, put your feet on a chair and make an L with your body and do almost like handstand presses, lunge and crunches.

4 rounds of 10-12 reps. Now when that gets easy move up to a 5th round. Then when that gets easy go to 15 reps on each and so on. And this like I said is just off the top of my head. If you can like 30 reps of stuff, great. If you can only do like 5 for certain exercises, no problem. But the important thing is to increase either reps, sets or add weight overtime to make sure you’re improving. And throw in variations of things like jump squats one day vs regular squats and close grip push ups vs regular push-ups. There are thousands of basic, no equipment workouts on YouTube.

Thanks!

I have dumbells as well

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@rawsos: Then my biggest advice is just focus on the different planes of motion. A horizontal push and pull, so do rows and like a floor press. Do a vertical push so shoulder presses. If you don’t have a pull-up bar or something or can’t, row. Do a front leg domination and posterior chain, so do your squats and then maybe sometime if deadlift, Romanian, stiff leg, regular dumbbell deadlift. Throw in some arms and a bit of core and you have yourself a solid base.

Yolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah!

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gym workouts, either weight lifting or calisthenics. Also eating healthy.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GS covered most of it. Most important thing is progressive overload. Anything that is easy isn't making you better. A weight or exercise that you can do for 8-12 reps while leaving 1 rep in the tank is ideal.

Make sure you're eating enough protein. If you have a backpack as-well you can add weight to do certain exercises. If you have a bench to do presses and tricep extensions thats good too. I recommend Jeff Nippard on youtube, really solid scientifically sound videos.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rawsos I wouldn't say I’m “ripped”, but I am pretty fit. Have solid pectorals, and my core is tight with notable definition. Everything I‘ve done up until this point has been bodyweight exercises. The core three being: Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, and Squats. Additionally, I do plenty of different variations of these exercises. To name some, I do: Wide Push-Ups, Diamond Push-Ups, Elevated Push-Ups, Wide Pull-Ups, Chin-Ups, Hammer-Ups, Towel Pull-Ups, Jump Squats, etc.

I don’t know if there’s a perfect place to tell you where to start, but I‘d recommend focusing on those three exercises (throw in some variations as well). All three you can do with little to no equipment (all you’ll need is a pull-up bar, and you can get one for only $20ish).

A couple other things that are vital to building muscle/losing fat:

• Diet
    • I’m no diet snob due to my incredibly fast metabolism, however, I do try to each plenty of natural proteins in my diet. It’s worth noting that, for me, I didn’t have to change my diet much when I wanted to get fit. I’ve always been pretty thin so once I decided to, I was quickly able to tone up due to there being little fat to begin with. I don’t know what your body is like. For you, things could be different. Maybe you need to lose 20lbs to “get ripped” or perhaps you actually need to gain weight. You have to examine yourself, and go with a diet that works with your body, and the goal you want to achieve.
  • Sleep
    • This isn’t stressed enough. For your body to build muscle, it has to be well-rested. 8 hours or more should be your goal.
  • Rest Days
    • Basically for the same reason as the last one. Don‘t push yourself 7 days of the week. Shoot for 3-4.
  • Motivation
    • If you don’t have a drive to better yourself, you won’t. You have to push yourself and strive for certain goals. Make them achievable, but don’t make them easy.
  • Patience
    • Things don’t happen overnight. It takes several months of high quality working out to get results. If you stick with it, you will get results though!

Hope that helps some!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Also, this:

Most important thing is progressive overload. Anything that is easy isn't making you better. A weight or exercise that you can do for 8-12 reps while leaving 1 rep in the tank is ideal.

and this:

If you have a backpack as-well you can add weight to do certain exercises.

Is great advice.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro you did not just ask a forum filled with people arguing fictional characters for hours on advice on how to get peak masculine form.

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro you did not just ask a forum filled with people arguing fictional characters for hours on advice on how to get peak masculine form.

This lmao.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

All ya'll buff ninjas on steroids, stop.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2