Better sport: Basketball or Soccer

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Better sport: Basketball or Soccer (49 votes)

Basketball 63%
Soccer 37%

I think basketball is better imo.

More action packed and quicker than soccer which to me is mostly a snoozefest most of the game. Not to mention theres only several goals made each game.

• 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like Basketball more. International Football can be a bit boring sometimes.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SAR_Annihilator

Soccer is my favorite sport so I might be a little bias towards it but then again I do agree with the action packed and faster pace. Saturn is right, the international games can be very appalling which is why I stick to the club leagues instead.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The rarity of getting a goal in Soccer is what makes it that much more special. The fans and their songs and chants are f***ing brilliant. Basketball is definitely not more action packed or quicker. They don't even stop the clock or action in Soccer most of the time. It's 45 minutes of constant action. Half. Then another 45 with a couple extra stoppage minutes added. The World Cup is the greatest sporting event in the entire world. English Premier League and the promotion/regulation aspect is awesome. I'm not even a big fan of the sport. I'm sure there's others who can say it much better. @staticspeedstrr@supreme_marvel

Basketball is cool in that you can grab a ball and shoot hoops by yourself but I don't know it just isn't as great as Soccer.

Loading Video...

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Antebellum

Football stomps.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Yes! I love Liverpool's theme.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football definitely. And as a few users above have said YNWA is fucking awesome. I watched a match at Anfield last season or I guess now last to last season when liv won the league pre lockdown. They are loud as fuck in a good way

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@sar_annihilator: Basketball has nothing on stuff like this...

Loading Video...

Ha! I have never seen that one before. Truly amazing. Its like a piece of art itself. Football fans are very unique.

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football stomps.

This and I am an Interisti My big brother is a huge Manchester United fan but he also likes Basketball. Michael Jordan is his favorite player. He sometimes asks and tells me to play basketball but I refuse because back at school I broke my middle finger because playing basketball really traumatized me until now

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Football easy. Most popular sport in the world. Probably not even a close. Second I'd probably say most watched is Cricket.

As a person who was born and raised in Liverpool. Its in my blood. I've supported Liverpool since I could remember.

I remember being 18 years old back in 2005. Liverpool played AC Milan. At the time AC Milan were by far the best team in the world. They had 10 world class players in their first team and Gattuso for their 11th player. He was good, but not world class.
Liverpool had Steven Gerrard as their most obvious world class player.
Half time Liverpool were losing 3-0 against the best team in the world. Liverpool were like 4/5 best team in England at the time. So easy to say we thought we were out. I was a pub, a bunch of people left for home. I said to my mate because I was distraught on how humiliated we were, that if Milan get another goal. Im going home.
Half time the Liverpool fans can be heard across the ground, inside and out. The players can hear them. Liverpool tend to dominate grounds, especially in finals. During my time as a fan for the better. So instead of 50% Liverpool fans and 50% Milan fan, it was more like 75% Liverpool fans and 25% Milan fans.
Then steps up our hero, Steven Gerrard to galvanise his troops! 3-1. Everyones got a sudden rush of hope. Within 2 minutes later we get a second. The pub is bouncing! Everyone is chanting their hearts out again. Loads of people have rushed back in! 3 minutes after we get the goal, Gerrard wins us a penalty. The entire pub is silent as Alonso waits to strike. My mate is standing on a stool to get a better look. Everyone is gather holding each other hoping. Alonso's pen is saved by the rebound is scored! ITS 3-3!!!! Within 6 minutes we were losing 3-0 and we got it back to 3-3!! My mate jumps up when the goal goes in someone else kicks the stool by accident in excitement and my friend falls to the floor. Everyone is laughing and loving it!
Then the rest of the game is SUPER TENSE. Because we're back in it and AC Milan are still a world class machine! Milan had opportunities to score. 1 they should of, Shevchenko's first shot is saved by Dudek, and somehow, someway he saves the second shot. After he saves the first shot EVERYONE thinks oh no, its over, he's gonna score the rebound! Dudek saves it! Everyone is looking around, how the f**k did he just do that!
Then the whistle goes and its PENS!
Dudek puts a masterclass and saves 2 pens as well as Milan missing 1. Liverpool win the champions league. It goes down, even to this day as the greatest final ever!
Everyone in the pub is hugging one another. I know 2 people there, I hugged about 50 people. Some very good looking woman gave me a nice kiss!

Loading Video...

I feel very lucky to be supporting Liverpool. We tend to have memorable moments! Like a few years ago we lost the first leg to Messi's Barcelona. Down 3-0. Come to Anfield. If Barcelona score 1 goal, we have to score 5! Away goal ruling. From minute 0, our fans where loads and it never stopped, if anything it got loader and loader and loader. That night we made the greatest comeback only to rival are previous one. We win the game 4-0 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

Loading Video...

Anfield is so special! My home! This is from the POV are the away section

Loading Video...

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Basketball

Avatar image for deactivated-60eee22feddcf
deactivated-60eee22feddcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basketball for me.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By StaticSpeedstrr

FOOTBALL easily. There's a reason why football is called the beautiful sport. ;)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tbf, I used to be a lakers fan back in 2009 but I never found basketball as interesting as football.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basket for me. I remember when David Beckham came over here to play in the States, and it was this big thing to make soccer popular here...I was interested for maybe all of 20-25mins

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I notice a lot of the people who voted for Soccer say that Soccer is better than Basketball because it's more popular essentially but Popularity does not necessarily mean it's a better Sport. It just means more people like it. I would argue that because Soccer can be very slow paced and appear to be boring with 90 minute games concluding with a 1 - 0 score to contrast that with even a low scoring Basketball game of 90 - 95 shows that there is more action happening and a faster pace to Basketball than there is to Soccer. I mean Supreme Marvel's example of that Liverpool game is an example of the best of the best of Soccer but Basketball has Buzzer Beater games and Overtime games that was great as well. I would say Michael Jordan's last game as a Chicago Bull vs the Utah Jazz was just as an Iconic game as any Soccer game you could name especially they way it ended with Jordan's last shot as a Bull.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Many basketball games are not close and can be over early on and then become very boring waiting for the clock to run out. There are plenty of games won by 20 points and such. They don't often come down to a "buzzer beater." That is the only time a score in basketball comes close to the excitement of a goal in soccer. Maybe there's an exciting dunk every now and again I suppose. There are plenty of close goals throughout a soccer game that are exciting as well. A game could be 1-0 but it usually isn't. If you look at premier league scores from just this Sunday you'll see games of 4-2, 5-0, 2-1, 3-1 and such. Trust me there's plenty of scoring. I don't think the popularity means much but I do think the crowd interaction is a big deal and does help make it a better sport.

I think part of the problem and this goes both ways honestly is that when you don't really know a sport and don't understand it you can't have a real appreciation for it. People that don't watch baseball for instance don't get it and don't appreciate all the little nuances that are occuring at any given time. I know because I was like that for a while. It was like a foreign language to me. Once I truly understood the terminology and all that it gave me a new perspecitve and appreciation for the game.

Avatar image for jormungandr-jay
Jormungandr-Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soccer.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like basketball just fine, but soccer is GOAT.

Faster doesn't necessarily mean more engaging. Every time a goal is scored in soccer, you feel like it's a big deal, because every goal could be game-changing. You have to wait for it, which builds anticipation, and keeps you on the edge and invested.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@king_saturn: Many basketball games are not close and can be over early on and then become very boring waiting for the clock to run out. There are plenty of games won by 20 points and such. They don't often come down to a "buzzer beater." That is the only time a score in basketball comes close to the excitement of a goal in soccer. Maybe there's an exciting dunk every now and again I suppose. There are plenty of close goals throughout a soccer game that are exciting as well. A game could be 1-0 but it usually isn't. If you look at premier league scores from just this Sunday you'll see games of 4-2, 5-0, 2-1, 3-1 and such. Trust me there's plenty of scoring. I don't think the popularity means much but I do think the crowd interaction is a big deal and does help make it a better sport.

I think part of the problem and this goes both ways honestly is that when you don't really know a sport and don't understand it you can't have a real appreciation for it. People that don't watch baseball for instance don't get it and don't appreciate all the little nuances that are occuring at any given time. I know because I was like that for a while. It was like a foreign language to me. Once I truly understood the terminology and all that it gave me a new perspecitve and appreciation for the game.

While some Basketball Games can become Blowouts. A 20 point lead can actually be eaten up quickly especially with the use of the 3 Point Line in this era of Basketball. It happens quite a bit actually. While not every game comes down to a Buzzer Beater, Playoff Basketball usually is where it's at. 5 and 7 point leads can be erased easily even within a minute because of long range shooting. I do not know if the Fans make the game a Better Sport. It makes the culture of the Sport better but the game itself ? Not sure.

Okay, now I am curious would you say that Ice Hockey is a more comparable sport to Soccer then ? It has Scoring comparable to Soccer and it has higher end action because it allows for even more Physicality and even Fights.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like basketball just fine, but soccer is GOAT.

Faster doesn't necessarily mean more engaging. Every time a goal is scored in soccer, you feel like it's a big deal, because every goal could be game-changing. You have to wait for it, which builds anticipation, and keeps you on the edge and invested.

Literally everything you said about Soccer could be said about Ice Hockey and while I love Ice Hockey ( I seem to be the only one who even posts in the NHL discussion thread these days ) I do not think it's GOAT. I would even give Hockey an advantage over Soccer in that not only do the Goals mean a lot and you have to wait for them which builds anticipation as you say which keeps you on Edge. The physicality and The pace of speed in Hockey is faster than Soccer.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Sure, Hockey and Soccer are definitely more comparable. I think the only difference is the fan interaction and that Hockey tends to be more niche because it is usually only popular in cold regions where it is played more. Also, while Hockey is more physical they also are fully padded up. The fights are a whole weird thing honestly. Cool but still weird. Soccer has the biggest event and the most fans of any sport so it's kinda hard to say it's not the GOAT. Personally I prefer Am. Football and then Baseball but that's just me.

Avatar image for deactivated-664044127e0a7
deactivated-664044127e0a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

basketball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

basketball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

basketball

Avatar image for deactivated-6640470203ba6
deactivated-6640470203ba6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

basketball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soccer is very boring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

baskteball>>>>soccer

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basketball

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basketball is much more exciting and fun to watch tbh

Samm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. I think basketball is a more dynamic game. In basketball, for example, it is probably impossible for the score to remain 0-0, while in football it is a common thing.

Avatar image for masterbuster666
MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basketball for me, because they generate the more awesome plays & hype.