Which was a bigger waste: the DCEU or Disney Star Wars?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which was a bigger waste: the DCEU or Disney Star Wars? (50 votes)

DCEU 46%
Disney SW 54%

Both had so much potential....

• 
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Disney SW by far.

DCEU was never great, but SW was.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Disney SW by far.

DCEU was never great, but SW was.

Like 50 years ago. If you look at the comics , games, shows and everything but the movies they're putting out great stuff

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I might be misreading that, but you think the movies Disney has made have been great?

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars had the bigger downfall, DCEU was the shittiest

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: DCEU never took flight, hope Gunn's DC is better.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney Star Wars is overhated

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mike_Fowler
@ready_4_madness said:

This for one.

For two, the DCEU, easily, there’s several projects in Star Wars since Disney took over that are still some of the best star wars content put out. The DCEU reached its expiration date in 2016, and these past few years have been basically dragging its carcass around till the end of this year.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Disney Star Wars was more destructive to the legacy it carried. DCEU held no legacy, it was stillborn.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From a casting standpoint, the DCEU was the biggest waste, excluding the weird outliers like Lex.

From a story standpoint, Star Wars continues to be the biggest misfire imaginable. The Force Awakens came out eight years ago, and their story telling has floundered ever since.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DCEU.

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU, it never really managed to stand up on its own.

Star Wars just declined which is normal for such a long existing series.

normanale835

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Easily.

Force Awakens and TLJ are not so bad as the first two episodes from prequels.

Rogue One is Good.

Mandalorian and Andor are considered very good.

Rebels and the final season of clone wars are considered good.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU easily. Just like MCU it had potential to earn more than Star Wars.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: SW has given us Force Awakens, Visions, Mandalorian, Fallen Order, Jedi Survivor, Rogue One, Andor, Clone Wars final season, it’s not even close between them and DCEU. The problem with Star Wars is that it’s damn near impossible to please their fanbase. Everyone has this idea of what Star Wars should be so the fanbase ain’t really open to new ideas like.

With DC, WB’s were just too disorganised. I can go on a rant but I genuinely don’t care for that anymore. Just looking forward to James Gunn’s verse.

Playa1258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU is the biggest failure in entertainment history.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars Rebels, The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars S7, and Tales of Jedi all solo the DCEU.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

This for one.

For two, the DCEU, easily, there’s several projects in Star Wars since Disney took over that are still some of the best star wars content put out. The DCEU reached its expiration date in 2016, and these past few years have been basically dragging its carcass around till the end of this year.

@ghostodoofus2: SW has given us Force Awakens, Visions, Mandalorian, Fallen Order, Jedi Survivor, Rogue One, Andor, Clone Wars final season, it’s not even close between them and DCEU. The problem with Star Wars is that it’s damn near impossible to please their fanbase. Everyone has this idea of what Star Wars should be so the fanbase ain’t really open to new ideas like.

With DC, WB’s were just too disorganised. I can go on a rant but I genuinely don’t care for that anymore. Just looking forward to James Gunn’s verse.

@eslay03 said:

Star Wars Rebels, The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars S7, and Tales of Jedi all solo the DCEU.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman e.t.c. are too iconic to have failed as miserably as DCEU did.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@kgb725: I might be misreading that, but you think the movies Disney has made have been great?

They've been enjoyable in their own ways kinda similar to the prequels just in a different way. But I'm saying everything besides the movies have produced great material

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tparks

@kgb725: With possibly the exception of Mandalorian season 1, I wouldn’t call anything great. Maybe some of it is good, but not great to me. And most of it has been bad, and every movie has been terrible.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@kgb725: With possibly the exception of Mandalorian season 1, I wouldn’t call anything great. Maybe some of it is good, but not great to me. And most of it has been bad, and every movie has been terrible.

The clone wars and rebels >> mandalorian and its not debatable. Also nothing about the comics which theres plenty of great material to choose from or the games like Jedi survivor which is killing it right now ? Rogue one and solo weren't close to terrible

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

Snyderverse>any cinematic verse for me. Beside foXverse maybe.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tparks

@kgb725: Clone Wars and Rebels were a mixed bag. Some of it was really cringe worthy bad, most of it was just ok, a little bit was good, but none of it was great. It’s definitely debatable, specially since so many Star Wars fans outright hate Rebels.

The comics are also good sometimes, but never great.

Same with Jedi Survivor. It’s ok, but if it didn’t have the name Star Wars in front of it, no one would be talking about it.

Rogue One was bad. It was one of the most pointless and boring movies I’ve ever seen. The only redeemable part was Vader’s scene, which admittedly is one of the best scenes in the entire series. The rest of the movie was bad though.

Solo was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. It’s definitely not regarded as anything but terrible by basically everyone who has seen it. It also lost money, which should be impossible for a Star Wars movie to do, but that movie was so bad that even it being a part of SW couldn’t save it.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney star wars easily. At least the DCEU had 3 good movies

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU was probably the bigger waste, but Star Wars is definitely a lot more shocking.

It truly blows my mind that Lucasfilm's plan for the trilogy was to not even have a plan, but just let 2 directors take turns doing whatever they wanted with the story. Like, at least Zack Snyder had a plan.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because the sequels were overall disappointing doesn't mean Disney star wars was all bad...we got Andor, Fallen Order, Clone Wars S7, Bad Batch, The Mandolorian, Rogue One...it could be way worse.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now to the DCEU...I think MOS was the greatest superman movie ever and I really liked Synder's vision and I wish he were given full oportunity to finish it, even if not everyone cared for it. I honestly thought his characterization was near perfect for the world he built and was sad to see DC backtrack.

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dceu was shit but Disney's treatment of star wars is so disappointing. They literally could have used Lucas sequel trilogy but instead we got an absolute dumpster fire. That's not even mentioning all the great stories and characters in Legends. There were amazing female characters like Mara Jade and Jaina Solo and Kathleen decided to make what she wanted non canon and replace it with a downgrade instead

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Monster said:

DCEU was probably the bigger waste, but Star Wars is definitely a lot more shocking.

It truly blows my mind that Lucasfilm's plan for the trilogy was to not even have a plan, but just let 2 directors take turns doing whatever they wanted with the story. Like, at least Zack Snyder had a plan.

I agree.

Here's possibly an unpopular opinion but I do think DC should focus on it's animated universe more than it's live action one, although I'm aware that's financially not sustainable. I think they should listen to comic books fans worldwide, but definitely domestically (the ones in the USA) on how to save their franchise.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From a casting standpoint, the DCEU was the biggest waste, excluding the weird outliers like Lex.

From a story standpoint, Star Wars continues to be the biggest misfire imaginable. The Force Awakens came out eight years ago, and their story telling has floundered ever since.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Both are dumpster fire I would have lost complete faith in Sw if legends wasn't Canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney SW

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman e.t.c. are too iconic to have failed as miserably as DCEU did.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While both were disapointments, let's not act like the mcu was the pinnacle of filmmaking. Personally, i found it overrated as hell. A few good movies mixed in with a bunch of mediocre and bad ones. and i say that as a fan of both companies.