Respect Mosaic, The Inhuman Superstar! (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Respect Mosaic, The Inhuman Superstar! (Complete Respect Thread)

Pops always said there are two kinds of players. Player one, sweats every point, grinds out every game. Grinders do score some, gotta admit that. Some. Then there's player two. He's the one that's built for it. Made for it. For him, practice is just a workout. Player two, he's magic. So, the question is, when that clock's running down, do you put faith in the grinders? Nope.You come see the wizard.
Pops always said there are two kinds of players. Player one, sweats every point, grinds out every game. Grinders do score some, gotta admit that. Some. Then there's player two. He's the one that's built for it. Made for it. For him, practice is just a workout. Player two, he's magic. So, the question is, when that clock's running down, do you put faith in the grinders? Nope.You come see the wizard.

Mosaic, also known as Morris Sackett was born with Inhuman DNA and more importantly, some mad basketball skills. He became a world famous basketballer until he came in contact with Terrigen mist which turned him into a cocoon. His body came out but because of a taser his soul(?) came out, and Morris discovered that he became a living ghost with the abilities to become intangible, invisible, flight and possession.

From then on, he helped the Inhumans in their war against the X-men, technically making him a superhero in his own right, even if he doesn’t see himself as one. His latest appearance was a non-speaking cameo in Marvel Rising #3

Anyway, he's this D-list character who sometimes makes cameo's when the Inhumans appear although he did get his own solo series in 2015, and he was one of the major players in the Inhuman vs X-men happening. He's one of my favourites and seemingly the only characters that doesn't have an RT on this site or on Reddit so I decided to do it. Enjoy, I guess.

Table of contents:

I. Possession

II. Intangibility

III. Invisibility

IV. Flight

V. Physicals

VI. Speed

VII. Basketball skills

VIII. Conclusion

I. Possession:

Mosaic his main power is that he can possess basically every living being. When he possesses someone he gets all of their memories.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scan 1. This is the first host Mosaic possessed. His name is Fife, and he’s special because Fife is the only person who received Mosaic his memories.

Scan 2. Fife tracked Mosaic without knowing what he was doing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Unlike Fife, most people mosaic possesses are not very memorable but they should be here anyway so these are all of them.

Scan 1. Mosaic goes from possessing Fife to possessing Jae. (Mosaic #1)

Scan 2. Mosaic goes from possessing Fife to possessing Beto. (Mosaic #1)

Scan 3. Mosaic goes from possessing Beto to Cap/Kenny. (Mosaic #2)

Scan 4. Mosaic goes from possessing no one to CC. (Mosaic #3)

Scan 5. Mosaic possesses a lot of people in a quick tempo. (Mosaic #3)

Scan 6. Mosaic possesses a random hazard agent. (Mosaic #5)

Scan 7. Mosaic possesses random security agents and brings them down. Then he possesses Busey. (Mosaic #5)

Scan 8. Mosaic possesses another random hazard agent. (Mosaic #6)

Scan 9. Mosaic possesses some random business guy. (Mosaic #6)

Scan 9. Mosaic possesses a random guy on a bus. (Mosaic #7)

Scan 10. Mosaic possesses an old driver. (Uncanny Inhumans #11)

Scan 11. Mosaic disables an army by possessing them. (Secret Empire #7)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mosaic possesses Spider-man and battles Spider-man in his mindscape. (Mosaic #4)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scan 1. Mosaic possesses his cocoon body again. (Mosaic #5)

Scan 2. It is stated that Mosaic has possessed over 20 people in the last 36 hours. (Mosaic #5)

No Caption Provided

Possesses Lockjaw and teleports to multiple places. (Mosaic #6)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scan 1. Possesses a fake Moloid. This Moloid was fake because it was a clone from a real Moloid. (Mosaic #7)

Scan 2-4. Possesses the real Moloid and the whole Moloid army with it. (Mosaic #8)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arguably his best feat, Mosaic possesses Magneto with his TP immunity helmet (although Magneto eventually broke free). (Inhumans vs X-men #4)

No Caption Provided

Mosaic possesses Storm. (Inhumans vs X-men #5)

II. Intangibility

As a “ghost” Mosaic has the ability to go intangible. Technically, it’s not an ability to go intangible since he can’t turn it off except for when he takes over a body.

Most of the stuff is pretty basic here, but it needs to be included because of completeness. I’ll put all the basic stuff here and then the cool feats below.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scan 1. Mosaic phases through a wall (Mosaic #2)

Scan 2. Mosaic phases through a window (Mosaic #2)

Scan 3. Mosaic moves through another wall. (Mosaic #7)

Scan 4. Mosaic moves through a car seat (Uncanny Inhumans #11)

Scan 5. Mosaic moves through the walls of the X-men headquarters. (Inhumans vs X-men 4)

No Caption Provided

In his only semi-good feat in this category, Beast states that Mosaic can’t touch things.

III. Invisibility

Another one of Mosaic’s ghost abilities is invisibility. Unlike his intangibility he actually can turn this on and off. When he has invisibility turned on only two people can see him. This time I will not be going to include all feats since then I would need to copy at least five issues in total, so only important stuff.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scan 1. Fife, Mosaic his first host, can see Mosaic. (Mosaic #3)

Scan 2. Human Torch when flamed on can see Mosaic (also counts as a double feat since the Inhumans present, including Karnak, can’t see him). (Mosaic #6)

Scan 3. Beast explains that only plasma-based individuals would be able to spot Mosaic. (Mosaic #7)

No Caption Provided

Mosaic can turn his invisibility on and off (Mosaic #6)

No Caption Provided

99% of Beast his scanners can not detect Mosaic flickering. The other 1% sees him as unstable.

No Caption Provided

Spider-man’s Spidey-sense apparently does not detect Mosaic (Mosaic #3)

IV. Flight

And as a ghost, Mosaic can obviously fly. I'm again not putting every flying feat in this part because that would cost an incredible amount of time and it isn't that usefull to put flying feats everwhere. And that only gives us one feat.

No Caption Provided

As you can see here Mosaic has his flying/floating under control, which is a clear improvement since in Mosaic #3 he said he couldn't control his flying. (Mosaic #6)

V. Physicals

When Mosaic possesses someone he gets their powers, knowledge but also their durability and strength. So they only apply when he’s is his normal form in which he can’t touch anything. However, he does have one good feat.

No Caption Provided

Mosaic gets hit by Storm’s lightning which somehow managed to hit him. (Mosaic #7)

VI. Speed

Mosaic is most definetly not a speedster. Once again he has like 1 good feat in this category which is lame if you look at the context.

No Caption Provided

Mosaic catches Spider-man mid swing. Although he was keeping up with Spider-man by riding a normal citybike inside someone else his body (Mosaic #3)

VII. Basketball skills

Since he was one of the greatest players in the world, Morris Sackett needs some respect for this too.

No Caption Provided

Sackett gets the ball... (Mosaic #1)

No Caption Provided

Sackett runs to the basket... (Mosaic #1)

No Caption Provided

Sackett shoots... (Mosaic #1)

No Caption Provided

Apparently he scored but we never see that happening in the comic. He did become MVP though. (Mosaic #1)

VIII. Conclusion

Mosaic should be a solid mid tier considering he can infiltrate the mind of Spider-man and Magneto who both have good defences against telepathy. Overall it's a pretty good powerset but it sucks that he can't turn tangible again. Except for that one time Storm managed to hit him with a lightning bolt (which could technically be explained by the plasma thing but Johhny can't touch him as well so Idk).

I think he is genuinly cool but he'll be getting the same treatment that a lot of cool characters get. They don't appear for a while or only make lame cameo's and then they are completely forgotten about by writers.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This guy like most nuhumans (besides ms. Marvel) is a one hit wonder

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Decent work, but I will suggest some things to make it even better:

For one, you should use side by side formatting for multiple scans depicting a series of feats: this makes it look a lot more tidier and not require you to stack ten full size images in top of each other. This can look messy with characters with a lot of feats.

I wouldn't really say Mosaic's powers are telepathy based from your scans. They seem to be more focused around physical control rather than clear cut TP, which is usually defined rather uniquely.

Apart from that, solid work, especially for a first attempt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy like most nuhumans (besides ms. Marvel) is a one hit wonder

Yeah, I don't think he'll get any more appearances except for cameo's. He is still cooler than Ms Marvel tho.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Thanks dude!

I tried the side by side formatting but it didn't work because the editing system sucks on this site.

And Mosaic his powers aren't really telepathy based, but Spider-man's mind-antibodies protect him against telepathy based attacks and it did work a little against Mosaic, and eventually Magneto broke out of his telepathy and there is no way he did that without the helmet.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried the side by side formatting but it didn't work because the editing system sucks on this site.

And Mosaic his powers aren't really telepathy based, but Spider-man's mind-antibodies protect him against telepathy based attacks and it did work a little against Mosaic, and eventually Magneto broke out of his telepathy and there is no way he did that without the helmet.

The editing should work just fine: I've added in scans in that format after making RT's. If it's not working on your end, you may wish to try a full edit.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never heard of him; but he seems fairly awesome tbh. I might have to look at getting back into the Inhumans' series.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bramvanelteren said:

The editing should work just fine: I've added in scans in that format after making RT's. If it's not working on your end, you may wish to try a full edit.

I'll try it again later, because I do not have the time to change all of that now. Thanks for the suggestions!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bramvanelteren:

B listers are cool but inhumans suck

Now we'll watch them fade into obscurity now that xmen are in mcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Never heard of him; but he seems fairly awesome tbh. I might have to look at getting back into the Inhumans' series.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

If you want to read more about the charactet you should read Uncanny Inhumans (2015) #11 (his first appearance) and Mosaic (2015) #1-8. You can also read Inhumans vs X-men because he is important there but that event is pretty bad.

@bramvanelteren: I wasn't familiar with him. Thanks for tagging me!

Not many were. And you're welcome.

@lenzo0 said:

@bramvanelteren: Good work and good RT. Well done man.

Thanks!

@bramvanelteren:

B listers are cool but inhumans suck

Now we'll watch them fade into obscurity now that xmen are in mcu

Nah Inhumans are cool. They have always been pretty obscure in comics but maybe they will get a movie or good show in the MCU.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty great thread. Had no idea who this guy was or what he could do, seems pretty interesting,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty great thread. Had no idea who this guy was or what he could do, seems pretty interesting,

Thanks!

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy's cool, nice job.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb said:

This guy's cool, nice job.

He is pretty cool. Despite not having a lot of appearances he does show good character development.

And thanks!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mrsyg: Is Mosaic's possession a psychic-based ability?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

I'd say the take-overs are more of a physical thing, but in case you are asking this for the tourney, it does fall under the mind/soul immunity.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg said:
@geekryan said:

I'd say the take-overs are more of a physical thing, but in case you are asking this for the tourney, it does fall under the mind/soul immunity.

It wasn't about the tournament. Some people and I are discussing the psychic defences of the Inhuman Royals, and I remembered Mosaic, so I was curious to know if his possession counts as psychic or something else.

nowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great RT!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@mrsyg said:
@geekryan said:

It wasn't about the tournament. Some people and I are discussing the psychic defences of the Inhuman Royals, and I remembered Mosaic, so I was curious to know if his possession counts as psychic or something else.

Well, he did mention that his abilities don't work like classic TP in his encounter with Spider-Man, and he can't exactly use his powers by thought.

I don't know why you are asking this for Inhuman TP resistance tho, considering the only Inhuman Mosaic took over was like, Lockjaw.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg said:
@geekryan said:
@mrsyg said:
@geekryan said:

Well, he did mention that his abilities don't work like classic TP in his encounter with Spider-Man, and he can't exactly use his powers by thought.

I don't know why you are asking this for Inhuman TP resistance tho, considering the only Inhuman Mosaic took over was like, Lockjaw.

Ahh okay. I thought there might be more feats of him taking over the Royals or something.