Doc Ock vs Maximus the Mad--prep battle

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 owie  Moderator

Doctor Octopus vs Maximus the Mad in a prep battle that will take place entirely between their minions, machines, strategies, and so on--no face to face battle.

You can use Superior Spidey feats for Doc. Ock has his current full resources, Maximus has all the resources of Attilan, pre-destruction. Neither one can call on super-heroes or super-villains to help them.

One year of prep. In character. Win by defeating or otherwise rendering the other's plans and proxies incapable of fighting any longer.

Who is the "superior" mad scientist? Who is the "superior" strategist? :)

Doc Ock
Doc Ock

Maximus
Maximus
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#2  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Maximus Uber stomp. He's so underrated IMO. What he pulled off in War of Kings alone should be enough. And the pocket dimension "meeting room" he made for Black Bolt to use for the Illuminati in Infinity? cool stuff.......

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

Maximus Uber stomp. He's so underrated IMO. What he pulled off in War of Kings alone should be enough. And the pocket dimension "meeting room" he made for Black Bolt to use for the Illuminati in Infinity? cool stuff.......

Maximus is definitely underrrated. Can you detail his War of Kings stuff for other thread readers?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: sure. Gimme. A bit to pull it out for specifics and to ensure that I get everything correct. Will put up scans as well.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@cosmicallyaware1: you had me at pocke dimension that was one of the best things from that issue.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: sorry just getting to this now, but better late than never right?

so in War Of Kings (and in Realm of Kings) Maximus was able to weaponize the sound of Black Bolt's voice. In Realm of kings he outfitted basically every Inhuman warrior with sonics armor and guns that used Black Bolt's voice.

No Caption Provided

He modified Kree Sentries into 'Chorus Sentries' that utilized BB's sonic emissions (and Sentries are tough enough as it is.....he upgraded them further)

and built a huge amplification tool for BB's voice as a weapon of mass destruction (along with some terrigen mist of course) = the T-Bomb.

No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator

@owie: sorry just getting to this now, but better late than never right?

so in War Of Kings (and in Realm of Kings) Maximus was able to weaponize the sound of Black Bolt's voice. In Realm of kings he outfitted basically every Inhuman warrior with sonics armor and guns that used Black Bolt's voice.

No Caption Provided

He modified Kree Sentries into 'Chorus Sentries' that utilized BB's sonic emissions (and Sentries are tough enough as it is.....he upgraded them further)

and built a huge amplification tool for BB's voice as a weapon of mass destruction (along with some terrigen mist of course) = the T-Bomb.

No Caption Provided

No worries on the timing, it's not like the internet's going to disappear! :)

Of course, one issue here is that they're in character. Which one of these (genius) crackpots is more likely to shoot himself in the foot with his plans? I could see that aspect going either way. They both have a lot of fatal flaws.

Octopus has always been a big loser in the past, but now that he's got his own series, he's been pretty successful. He's easily beaten foes that Pete had a hard time with, and he has very quickly come up with vast amounts of complex tech like his surveillance bots, his giant robots, and so on. He took over all the communications in New York. He was able to successfully place his mind in Pete's body. He created that giant sun-enhancing satellite that just about destroyed all life on earth. And he was able to outsmart and out strategize the Intelligentsia, who are all pretty smart themselves.

Still, I agree that Maximus has the upper hand when it comes to stuff like extra-dimensionality. His pocket dimension that negated Black Bolt's voice and the terrigen bomb were definitely impressive, and probably beyond Octopus. But Ock has been pretty good strategically of late. I think Ock has an uphill battle, but could potentially pull it off.

Any Octopus supporters out there?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maximus

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Slash03

Maximus stomps, he is better in everything.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd back Ock, though I think this is a very interesting battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Maximus.

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maximus. Those Black Bolt robots from War of Kings solo.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001 said:

I'd back Maximus.

Wanna debate this?

Sure. How good are Ock's prep feats? Some of his prep feats are overrated. Like during the End's of the Earth he stole tech from people like Iron man 2020 or had people like Electro steal a piece of the tooth of the Midgard serpent to give to Rhino.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackspidey2099

@noobmaster2001 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@noobmaster2001 said:

I'd back Maximus.

Wanna debate this?

Sure. How good are Ock's prep feats? Some of his prep feats are overrated. Like during the End's of the Earth he stole tech from people like Iron man 2020 or had people like Electro steal a piece of the tooth of the Midgard serpent to give to Rhino.

I mean that would still be considered as part of his prep though. He's also built robots that were giving people on the Avengers a tough time (like Rulk), built time machines/interdimensional travel tech, life force absorption tech, power dampening tech, phasing tech, magic countering tech, self-replicating robots, technopathic control helmet, he's easily hacked the likes of Tony Stark, etc.

I know Maximus has some impressive stuff as well, but I don't think he can deal with all of that. Ock also kinda has an instawin strat via hacking due to his cyber control helmet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@noobmaster2001 said:

I'd back Maximus.

Wanna debate this?

I mean that would still be considered as part of his prep though. He's also built robots that were giving people on the Avengers a tough time (like Rulk), built time machines/interdimensional travel tech, life force absorption tech, power dampening tech, phasing tech, magic countering tech, self-replicating robots, technopathic control helmet, he's easily hacked the likes of Tony Stark, etc.

I know Maximus has some impressive stuff as well, but I don't think he can deal with all of that. Ock also kinda has an instawin strat via hacking due to his cyber control helmet.

Maximus has done the following with prep:

Maximus has designed robots which can brawl with Savage Hulk (and even no sell a hit from Savage Hulk) design guns which can one-shot Thing, Dr Doom, Human Torch and Invisible Woman, built robots that brawled and defeated the Fantastic Four (minus Invisible woman) built the Omega (which was powered by the grief of all the inhumans) which was capable of one-shotting the Thing, built a time machine in less than two hours, built teleporters, designed the atmo-gun which was designed to channel the earth's vibrations and could potentially destroy the earth, designed the hypno-gun which could hypnotise the whole world, had access to a forcefield around his dome that Savage Hulk couldn't dent, rebuilt Ultron, built a machine in which he could access other dimensions, created a liquid which stopped Medusa's hair from moving, rebuilt and modified Kree Sentries. In terms of prep feats I think he's on a different level and has done more impressive things.

Does Ock have any mental defenses? Maximus has telepathy and even has a hypno gun which he uses often and carries around with him. He also displayed body swapping techniques recently too, like with Spider-man.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blackspidey2099

@noobmaster2001:

Maximus has designed robots which can brawl with Savage Hulk (and even no sell a hit from Savage Hulk), built robots that brawled and defeated the Fantastic Four (minus Invisible woman), had access to a forcefield around his dome that Savage Hulk couldn't dent,

Doc Ock built a giant Octobot which Rulk was unable to damage, and I'd say Rulk > classic Hulk/Thing. His latest tentacles were also able to no-sell blasts from Count Nefaria.

built the Omega (which was powered by the grief of all the inhumans) which was capable of one-shotting the Thing

Ock built his adamantium arms which stomped the likes of Hulk and Iron Man.

built a time machine in less than two hours

That's not quite true, Peter gave him one of Kang's time bombs and Maximus just modified it so they could travel in time using it. Still impressive of course, but he didnt build a time machine from scratch. Doc Ock, on the other hand, did.

built teleporters, built a machine in which he could access other dimensions

Ock has built interdimensional teleporters. Heck, he created a transreality instability that could destroy all of existence.

designed the atmo-gun which was designed to channel the earth's vibrations and could potentially destroy the earth

Ock created the Octahedral which was designed to amplify the sun's rays and could have fried the Earth.

I don't think anything else you mentioned was super impressive or beyond Ock's level.

Does Ock have any mental defenses? Maximus has telepathy and even has a hypno gun which he uses often and carries around with him.

Not AFAIK. But Ock doesn't need to fight Maximus himself since he can just disable all of Maximus' tech from afar and then send drones to take Maximus out. Ock has been able to create defenses against possession from the likes of Carrion though, so I'm sure he could make countermeasures for telepathy - especially since he has created his own form of technological mind control that was able to mind control all the Avengers for example.

He also displayed body swapping techniques recently too, like with Spider-man.

Ock does have defenses against this.