Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Predator vs. Boba Fett

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Predator vs. Boba Fett (382 votes)

Predator 50%
Boba Fett 42%
Too close to call 8%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka neither side has pre-existing knowledge of their enemy).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. However, there's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, sewers, etc.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
  • Seeing as there have been so many different Predators, assume this one is well-trained and experienced but not an Elder.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

I suppose it's worth noting these characters are much more impressive in the comics than they are in the films. I know it's tempting to vote based on "Predator lost to Danny Glover" or "Boba Fett lost to a blind Han Solo," but try to cast your vote after researching both combatants. Whether it's through reading the debate as it progresses during the week or through seeking out comics with the characters, please try your best to cast an educated vote. Ultimately, you're free to vote based on whatever reasons you want, but you can't blame me for asking, right?

• 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Oh, I forgot to say neither has access to their standard vehicles.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm not up on my extended universe for ether character so I'll refrain from voting till later in the week when I know more

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Alright i am no expert but since there hasn´t been a reply so far i will give it a try. Both are incredibly good hunter and fighter but in an open battle where they start visible i see Boba slightly superior while in a scenario where they start not visible and have to find each other i would prefer the Pred. With the OP as it is i say 6/10 for Boba.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

Does Boba have anything to counter the Predator's invisibility?

If not, I think the Predator takes it handily as he can go invisible (which also suppresses heat signature I believe from Predators) and use his superior physicals to shank him with the wrist blades or blast him with the shoulder cannon. He also has those electrical nets that contract which are strong enough to kill an Alien.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

For once, I side with Fett.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aeroman

going with the fettman

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Boba Fett.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba!!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

Boba Fett as it stands murder stomps, however.....

No Caption Provided

A Warrior Predator could win this unlike the Unbloodied and weaker Movie Predators.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@cadencev2: Uh... what? You may want to read the rules, man. Nowhere did I say this is only using the movie feats or it's a young blood or even blooded Predator.

I'm not up on my extended universe for ether character so I'll refrain from voting till later in the week when I know more

Cool. Hopefully there will be a good debate for you to enjoy.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By feargalr

This is looking to be very very close, but my vote goes for the Pred man

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though Boba Fett is my favorite Star Wars character, I think Predator would take him. I'm basing it on his strength, his cloaking device, his different optics, and also his crazy shoulder laser.

And frankly, I'm surprised that the votes are tied like they are. I expected Predator to be way ahead of Boba Fett.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damn it @k4tzm4n! I love both these guys!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

@k4tzm4n: Could you give some info on the characters. I can do my own research for their capabilities but like what rank is the Predator ( i assume he is hunting alone). Is this the most current Boba Fett or or from early years (seems like a stupid question but figured its worth asking)

Also male or female predator. It's different choosing a winner if i am taking the average of a species or the most skilled in their pack

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Equonox

Boba would crush - air superiority. Cloaking could be an issue here, but nothing Boba couldn't handle.

Avatar image for top_flight_security
Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

All I have to say is, if Danny Glover beat Predator, then think of how much more Boba can do.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba Fett Wins

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nigravirum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba to me is far more impressive especially in the comics to me. Boba has been revered as THE top bounty hunter in the galaxy. He's got this.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba Fett would lose. He has no capability to see the Predator cloaked, he's just a normal human in terms of stamina, whereas a Predator can have it's arm sliced off and continue fighting without slowing down, the Predator is a pure hunter, whereas Boba is a bounty hunter. Predator would wipe the over rated Boba to bits.

This said, I think Boba will win the poll because, for whatever reason, people think he's awesome when he's really one of the most boring characters in Star Wars.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist

Voting Predator

Let me start and say this could be a very close match. Honestly there is nothing Predator has done that Fetts could not do. However Predator has many ways to deal with feats and raw Physical Stats is a huge hurtle.

Strength of a Predator varies Greatly however has a steady showing of around 2-3 tons. They have ripped Tank Armor up with their Strength and claws. They easy overpower and throw around ton heavy Bison like rag dolls. They regularly beat 2-3 Xenomorphs in H2H Combat. They are beast.

Throws a Bison around like a rag doll.

No Caption Provided

Ripping Spines form the body with ease.

No Caption Provided

Rips apart a Copter with Hands and Claws.

No Caption Provided

Rips open Tank Armor.

No Caption Provided

Smashes through poured Concrete walls easy.

No Caption Provided

Rips open steel door!

Very Strong.

Durability wise they can Anti Vehicle fire and still keep fighting. They have very strong armor on what they do pack that stops M-16 fire like nothing.

Tanks a Bazzoka in the face.

Missile from a Copter!

No Caption Provided

A String of Frag Grenades in the face!

If they can tank this level of Explosions, they can tank most of Boba's Armament.

We also have Speed advantage of the Pred. Sure Boba is very fast to H2H Jedi Knights, the Predator is fast enough to fight hordes of Super Fast Xenomorphs.

They can leap Buildings and keep up with a speeding sports car.

Keeping up with hordes of Aliens in many novels and Comics and Movies!

They have the Gear.Predators Helemts has X-Ray, Heat Vision, Ultra Light modes, and even Sonar.

No Caption Provided

Switching Vision Modes till they see foot prints.

No Caption Provided

Switching Vision Modes till reaching Ultra Violet Light!

No Caption Provided

Sonar used to find a Heart Beat.

No Caption Provided

X-Ray to see a Pregnant Woman's fetus.

They can also break down the info of weapons with a glance.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both Examples of determining Weapons and Armor!

On top of this is the Standard Gear we see.

No Caption Provided

This is actually very standard gear.

Plasma Caster is a weapon that can burn your skin or blow a tank apart! Depends on the charge.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blows apart a Attack Chopper!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Speargun and Combi Staff are pretty straight forward.

No Caption Provided

The Smart Disc is a weapon that cuts through layers of steal with ease and has a Homing tracker built into it!

No Caption Provided

Best weapon ever!

No Caption Provided

They also carry the Net Launcher that can cut Humans to pieces.

No Caption Provided

This Net can be used as a Invisible Net Trap.

You also have Laser Net Mines which will cut through just about anything.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It can also map a area.

Their gear also absorbs forms of Electricity with no Problems.

No Caption Provided

Making Electric Attacks worthless.

They also carry Blade Launchers inside their Gauntlets.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pretty Standard in Games and Movies.

All this useful weapon Gear can easy take down even the Fett and give Predator a unique chance to make traps as well if he decides to cut and run, which is very much in character.

Speaking of one last thing is a Predators Skill. The Predators are warriors born, train to fight and win since birth in tribal customs. These are beings were the weakest and unbloodied Predators have taken down whole Squads of Earths Special Forces by itself!

They constantly engage in brutal fights.

They are always hunting the biggest game in the Universe.

Sometimes they will invade a Alien Hive and capture its Queen Alien to make sport!

A Bloodied or Elite Predator can definitely out skill Boba Fett here.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut: Smart Disk.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

Skip to 1:05

GG

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I have to say is, if Danny Glover beat Predator, then think of how much more Boba can do.

Han Solo beaten Boba.... Danny Glover and Dutch >>>> Han Solo.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Boba Fett

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Doomnaut

Example of what Boba did when he was a kid.

Loading Video...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut said:

Example what a Predator did when it was Unbloodied. With only Wrist Blades.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How tough are Alien Queens again?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Oh yeah, Queen Aliens are tougher than Darth Vader on crack!

Pop123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to some feats, I am going with Predator.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba Fett Uses Disruptor Rifle. It's Super Effective!

Yautja_Theide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that this is a very close match, if anything considering the fact that this is an experienced and likely veteran Predator-- already is an indicator that here is a Yautja who would likely school Boba Fett. As a person who has looked at the expanded universe material, even some obscure information and feats which have come from the games, comics and novels, this is definitely in favor for the Predator here. I would go into detail regarding over all what an experienced Veteran Yautja could do but I will do my best to abbreviate what these kinds of Predators can do.

Strength

Without a shadow of a doubt it is no question that most Yautja physically outclass Boba Fett, or any human being for that matter. The Unblooded to Blooded ranking warriors have a strength range of 2 - 5 tons in raw physical power. And these are just the low ranking warriors. An experienced veteran would be somewhere around maybe 6 - 10 tons in strength, though this is accounting the EU material at best, especially the game Concrete Jungle. The Yautja have shown to easily rip though steel doors, flip around bison. However perhaps the greatest showing of strength is a Yautja managing to overwhelm the locks and hydraulics of an protective reactor door. This is feat can be seen here at:

Loading Video...

Speed and Reflexes

Despite popular belief, the Yautja are a lot faster than what anyone would give them credit for. While the movies do showcase them as being hulking extraterrestrial monstrosities, the expanded universe shows them to be quite fast. They are fast enough to dodge bullets, provided if they see them coming. Here are some narrative and character quotes from Predator: Cold War.

The spear was snatched from his back by a shadowy, indistinct figure and the second man let loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear-wielding killer.The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing.
. . .
The creature holding the spead seemed to side-step the bullets easily.Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture.After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility
. . .
"Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming," Schaefer explained, "and even if you hit them, they're damn near bulletproof.”

- Cold War

As he did, the ruined door slammed open, and there were those things. Buyanov moaned.

"Devil!" Anatoli said.

Then, without warning, moving faster than human eyes could follow, the foremost of the three creatures rammed a spear through Anatoli's chest. Anatoli crumpled. With his lung pierced, he couldn't even manage a dying scream.

. . .
One of the creatures ran after him, moving inhumanly fast, so fast Buyanov could not properly follow the motion. As Dmitri's hand reached for the alarm handle, the thing's hand slammed down on the top of the Russian's head.

- Cold War

Some more quotes from Predator: South China Sea.

The predator came out of the spaceship again, in full armour. Gustat had a clear shot, and the ArmaLite AR-50 wasn't a joke. He would probably make a dent in the Predator's armour, maybe even several dents. Possibly kill him, although the creatures reflexes were so freakishly fast that Gustat doubted it, not without a chance at a headshot sans helmet.

- South China Sea

So without a doubt... A Yautja is definitely faster than Boba Fett.

Armor and Weapons

A Yautja's armor and weapons are made up of a material known to them as Dlex. This alien metal has four different grades of refinement though each grade is standard to each different caste of the Yautja. Low ranking warriors such as Unbloodeds start off with low grade Dlex, which is standard for them. This metal while light weight and durable, is not at all resistant to Xenomorph acid and therefore is easier to damage. However Medium grade Dlex is available to the low ranking Blooded warriors and has been upgraded to withstand against Xenomorph acid, this is standard material for Young Blooded and Blooded ranked warriors. High Grade Dlex and Plasma refined Dlex are weapons which are standard and in reserve for experienced veteran Hunters. High Grade and Plasma Grade Dlex are roughly comparable to each other in many properties but Plasma grade Dlex is literally said to be unbreakable and it is only in reserve for the weapons, not the armor.

Loading Video...

More information on the weapons can be found here at: http://yautjaencyclope.altervista.org/weapons.html

More information the armor can be found here at: http://yautjaencyclope.altervista.org/armor.html

Training

The Yautja are inducted into their training as Hunters from a very young age, similarly to have the Spartans would take young boys and train them to be soldiers for their armies though in the case of the Yautja, they are trained by Veteran and Elder hunters to become warriors of their respective clan. The Yautja have a native martial art which according to author Steve Perry, writer of the Alien vs Predator novels such as AvP: Prey, AvP: War and consultant on the novel AvP: Hunter's Planet is something which can be described as a mixture of Aikido and Penchak Silat. Female Protagonist Machiko Noguchi even notes that it is a far more complex Martial Art than we have here on Earth. Here is a quotation from AvP: Prey, regarding a showcasing of the skill which Yautja can posses.

Noguchi hurled herself after the warrior. Several of the bugs streamed from behind the shed and toward Broken Tusk. He stepped in to battle without hesitation. Too many of them, ten, twelve. She aimed at one of the bugs—and it was dead before she fired. She took aim again—and again, her target had fallen already. She took a step back, transfixed by the swift movements of the giant warrior. Here was no inexperienced novice; every step was measured, every strike timed and sure. Within the space of a few seconds, most of the bugs were down, dead or dying. She had enough training to recognize a Master when she saw one. This one’s skill had been gained in battle, against deadly enemies. Broken Tusk whirled and jabbed, crouched and slashed with precision and confidence. Never a misstep, never a hesitation. He was no dojo tiger, covered in padding and fighting for points. Wherever he had come from, they had a martial arts more complex and dangerous than any she’d ever seen. It was like a choreographed dance.

As to who wins this... In my research of what Predators can do, especially an experienced Veteran, I am inclined to say that the Mandalorian dies and the Predator comes away with a very prestigious trophy.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright Viners! Gotta say I'm super excited about this match! Step right up to see what CV's resident Boba Fett expert has to say about this match as he takes a step-by-step look at this battle;)

Firstly, I gotta say @k4tzm4n, you always do a superb job and make some close matches. Cudos to you bro!

So let me address the main issue everybody is thinking of: Cloaking. Can Boba Fett counter this? My answer is absolutely! Boba Fett is titled as the greatest bounty hunter in the entire galaxy. What do bounty hunters do? They track, they hunt, etc. So obviously, Boba being the best in the business, he's going to have the best gadgets and weapons money can buy, including gadgets that are used for detection. Boba has more than one way to counter a Predator's cloaking device. His number one way of countering this is infra-red. I remember somebody telling me that the Predator's cloaking device nearly masks himself from infra-red, but not quite. Predator's appear as a muffle on standard infra-red levels. But in an abandoned scenario like this, a muffle is all Boba would need. Furthermore, according to Wookiepedia (I realize the possibility that this might be false), but Boba can actually boost his infra-red levels. If this is true, then Boba's got a clear visual confirmation on this bad boy. Other methods of detection for Boba is his crazy audio filters (which have picked up things that'd be undetected by the human ear, such as somebody changing the safety on his blaster in a rowdy cantina) and a heartbeat sensor.

So that brings us to long-range weapons. Boba's standard long-ranged weapon is of course, his EE-3 Carbine Blaster rifle. This bad boy has the ability to obliterate large vehicles, and it can even disintegrate a person (thus the famous Darth Vader quote "No disintegrations"). However, Boba most likely won't start out with his higher settings. And then we got Predator's plasma caster. That thing is a beast I will say. It's shown that it can blow an Xenomorph's mind (literally) and it can disintegrate people itself. If Boba did get hit by that, he wouldn't be out for the count due that insanely durable Mandalorian armor (which has tanked blaster bolts like nothing, and nearly tanked a missile I kid you not), but it'd give him a hell of a stomach ache. Though, I think it's very safe to say that a Predator has the reflexes to dodge blaster bolts, and Boba has the reflexes to dodge plasma caster fire.

But the thing is, Boba definitely has the advantage in long-range. The bounty hunter sports all sorts of long-ranged weapons. He has powerful mini-concussion missiles, he's got a missile that launches from his jetpack, he has thermal detonators, he has stun dart agents, he has a wrist blaster, the list goes on. All of these definitely have great potential to down this Predator. Can the Predator close the gap? He could. It's plausible. It's all pretty dependent on which weapon Boba might resort to. Some could certainly take him out, like his mini-concussion missile (capable of obliterating a large, gigantic droid). There's also the question of what weapons he's willing to use on just one target. He might use the big guns, he might not. It can certainly happen though. Predator on the other hand, is lacking in the long-ranged department, and his plasma caster really is his best bet. He also has weapons such as spears and shurikens, but those are more of mid-ranged weapons. And those could potentially tag Boba at a closer range. Predators can be pretty fast with those. But Boba's reflexes are not to be underestimated either.

So now we have close-ranged combat. If Predator closes the gap, Boba might go down. Close combat is definitely a Predator's safest bet. If one of these guys can slaughter agile and nimble Xenomorphs, then he can definitely take on and perhaps even kill Boba. Not to mention, most of his weapons are designed for closer combat and are indeed deadly. He wields wrist blades (capable of cutting through tanks), spears, shurikens, bolas, and so on. But Boba does actually have what it takes to beat a Predator, even in close combat. The guy has stomped Jedi. He stomped Master Rahm Kota with the butt of his rifle, and defeated Jaina Solo in a sparring match. He even encountered a deformed Starkiller clone and won. This is all pretty consistent with the fact that Boba was trained by his father, Jango Fett: The man who killed 20 Jedi with his bare hands! And Jedi aren't the only things Boba's gone up against in close-combat. He's faced formidable characters like IG-88, Ry-Kooda (a deadly brute himself), and a hunter-trainer droid. Add Boba's close combat skill with close-ranged weapons such as his flamethrower (which has enough concussive force to snap large chains) and concentrated deeb spray, and he could just as easily kill the Predator.

Something that we should also keep in mind is that Boba has a jetpack. One of the reasons why I love using Boba in tourneys and whatnot is because he almost always has the advantage in long-ranged combat. And because of his jetpack, he has the means to keep that advantage. If Boba started to feel overpowered, he could use his jetpack to fall back a little. And he has actually used that tactic more than once.

All in all, this is a superb fight. One I'd definitely pay to see. But my vote goes to Boba. I'd have to say Boba takes this 6-7/10. But Predator definitely gives Boba a run for his money.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

You took all of those scans out of context! That Predator in those scans isn't a Unblooded Hunter, it was a Elite Hunter that was given the nickname Smiley due to the shape of its helmet.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: @k4tzm4n: Very good match up indeed. I will close my last thoughts on this battle myself.

Boba Fett is the best in the galaxy at what he does, he has beaten some of the craziest odds as well. His gear on paper may look superior, however I never seen Fetts take on a being with the skills, stats, and gear load out of a Bloodied Predator.

Skill:

Lets look at skills first. Boba Fett was train as a child by Jango and then Pirates during the Clone Wars. He has alot of self teaching in his life. He has experience with beating average Jedi. However the Elite Predator has been fighting over 100+ years the biggest game and threats in the galaxy with handicaps! They have train and breath a society from birth how to hunt and kill the greatest prey offered. They are on top of the food chain in the Galaxy. Boba does not regularly match to that on a daily basis.

Predator 6/10.

Stats:

This is a no brainer. Boba is peak human all around. Predator is a easy 2-3 toner with much more stamina. Predator can shrug off lethal wounds and fight at top performance. Boba has Armor that boost his durability chances, however so does Predator. Speed wise Boba has the Reflex speed to fight Jedi, Predator has Reflex to match 5-10 Xeno Morphs at the same time. Boba can fly for Air Superiority. Predator can Climb solid Concrete walls, runs fast as a Sports Car in a sprint, and jump 20-30 at a time.

Predator 9/10

Weapons and Gear:

This is what it may come down to. Boba has a Helmet that will negate Predator Invisibility. However Predator has a Helmet that can identify and work out all the gear and weapons on Boba, as I shown through feats above. Boba is like wise clueless to most of the gear Predator has while Predator has seen everything Boba is packing already in his hunts. Close Combat is a no brainer, Predator wins out right. He has Molecular Claws that will rend Boba's armor and a long reaching Staff that punctures steel. Range is not so one sided either. In this match we are fighting in a place of buildings and obstacles. Boba has one missile, Predator can tank that as feats above showed. Boba has a Disintegration Blaster, Pred has the same in his Plasma Caster which blows apart Space Ships, Jeeps, and Choppers in one blast. Boba has really nothing else where Predator still has Spear Gun, Net Launcher to ground Boba, and the Smart Disc. The Smart Disc alone will track Boba through the air and chop him in half in one go. It auto returns to Predator meaning he can throw the disk and blast at Boba at the same time. Also Predator has the Laser Net Grid to plant all over the Buildings, further reducing Boba's flight ability! This means Boba's flight is not all that special here with Smart Discs, all the various range weapons, and Laser Grid Mines of Predator.

Predator 7/10

All in all Predator wins handily as Boba has no experience or showings against a being like Predator, much less the caliber of Predator we are using here who is leagues superior to the Predator of the first and second movies.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DEGRAAF

@the_vein said:

Boba Fett would lose. He has no capability to see the Predator cloaked, he's just a normal human in terms of stamina, whereas a Predator can have it's arm sliced off and continue fighting without slowing down, the Predator is a pure hunter, whereas Boba is a bounty hunter. Predator would wipe the over rated Boba to bits.

This said, I think Boba will win the poll because, for whatever reason, people think he's awesome when he's really one of the most boring characters in Star Wars.

from what i have read (had to go to his star wars wiki page) they state he is impressively strong and has help down someone (sorry i forget all the details) and that persons species was known for their brute strength. Also his helmet supposedly has Infa red which idk if Predators cloak blocks that as well but i would think that would help Boba Fett. I havent chosen who i think would win yet im just pointing things out

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist

@nick_hero22 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@doomnaut said:

You took all of those scans out of context! That Predator in those scans isn't a Unblooded Hunter, it was a Elite Hunter that was given the nickname Smiley due to the shape of its helmet.

Where was it stated as Elite? I read the Comic and nowhere from what I remember it was stated as Elite? Please do point this out for me. Better yet give me the Sources that explain difference in Elites, Bloodied, and ect. I still think Wolf from AVPR was a Elite, yet we got into a big argument over it as I believe you or another tried to say he was a mere Bloodied!

Sources please Nick.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

@cadencev2: so are we basing this off an Elite hunter than? Also Boba is not a human so is his species that similar (besides appearance) to humans?

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn if this were a movie I would literally throw my money at the screen!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

What? No. The OP specifically says the Predator is NOT an Elder.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive gotta go with the Fett man. boyhood admiration aside, he IS the best bointy hunter in the galaxy. lets break it down

the Predators (Yautja): theyre quite a bit taller then the average human, the first actor to portray a Pred was about 7'2. theyre a lot stronger then humans, being able to crush concrete in theirs hands. their skin, muscles, and bones are all a lot more durable then ours and theyre capable of surviving multiple gun shot wounds. their lungs are designed for a methane or nitrogen rich atmosphere. its a point of debate whether or not they can survive for long periods of time without their masks in our atmosphere. some sources say the could last for about a week before negative effect set in. in the Predator 2 novel its stated that oxygen is poisonous to them and they cant survive more then 20 mins without a mask.

gear: the Yautja wear helmets that give them full spectrum vision, armor capable of bending light and providing active camouflage, and gauntlets that contain a sat-com and retractable blades capable of cuttting through bones. they sport a shoulder mounted cannon that can blow holes in spacecraft and is link to a HUD inside their helmets, the smart disk which is capable of homing in on targets and the combi-stick which is basically a telescopic spear with an electric tip.

Boba Fett: Fett stands at approximately 6 feet on the dot. while not being as psychically imposing as his father, he is still deceptively strong. he once held the Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk (whos people were known to be quite strong) at bay with physical strength. hes spent his entire life (75+ years) training to be the best. despite his current age he is still more then capable of taking down a wide variety of species, from the incredible strong Wookies, to the massively large Hutts, and was able to survive an encounter with a being called Durge, whos driving force in life was to destroy the Mandalorians, at the age of 13 (approx).

gear: his helmet can dispense water, cna adjust for low light/bright light conditions, amplifies sounds, and contained a HUD with 360 degree view and featured environmental info. His armor is currently made of a Mandalorian iron called Beskar, which is said to be stronger then durasteel (one of the strongest alloys in the Star Wars U). His jetpack holds enough fuel for a minute long continuous blast, 20-3 second blasts or 3-20 second blasts. a 3 second blast sends him 100 m horizontally, or 7 m vertically. top speeds are around 145 kph, and as almost everyone should know it holds a rocket in the top. Fett wields a scoped carbine rifle more powerful then a stormtroopers, a blaster pistol, and grenade launchers. his wrist gauntlets contained a flame thrower, a grappling line, a wrist laser with comparable strength to a blaster rifle, computer targeted concussion/stun/anti-personel rockets, a vibro-blade, and a dart launcher. His knee pads contain rocket dart launchers that contain nerve toxins, molecular acid, stun agents and explosive tips. and last but not least hes been known to carry a lightsaber at times. while not being force-sensitive he has been shown to wield it with some skill.

i know the Preds are a fight-loving race bred and trained from birth to hunt anything that might be a challenge. Whos a better challenge then Boba Fett? Preds having taken on the Aliens and humanity on multiple occasions and it can be assumed that theyve fought many other species. Fett has taken on dozens and dozens of species, all with random strengths and weaknesses, not to mention hes fought numerous jedi and prevailed. when your enemy can move things with their mind, suggest subtle mental commands, perform incredible feats of acrobatics, speed, and physical prowess, you really need to step your game up. Fett survived the the Sarlacc, a creature that lives for about 20000-50000 years, a feat that no one in the SW universe has been able to duplicate. at the age of 70+ he is still the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

the Preds are an incredibly powerful race and a single Pred has been known to take out a highly trained platoon of human soldiers without a second thought. However a Pred was also taken down by a lone man (who wasnt physically imposing or strong) with an ancient kitana, i realize that kitanas are some of the strongest blades known to man, but in a one on one situation where you are twice the size of your opponent its assumed that youll come out on top. NO ONE takes out Fett. the sarlacc couldnt kill him, jedis cant kill him, hundred of alien species cant kill him, trained stormtroopers/security forces cant slow him down, every other bounty hunter in the galaxy cant kill him.

assuming the Pred doesnt use his 'final option explosive' and take out a country mile, i definitely think Fett can take this one

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@doomnaut said:

Where was it stated as Elite? I read the Comic and nowhere from what I remember it was stated as Elite? Please do point this out for me. Better yet give me the Sources that explain difference in Elites, Bloodied, and ect. I still think Wolf from AVPR was a Elite, yet we got into a big argument over it as I believe you or another tried to say he was a mere Bloodied!

Sources please Nick.

Maybe if you read the graphic novel you would have saw the big clan symbol on Smiley's helmet within the first couple of pages and how it was shown that he was the leader of that clan in comic. Wolf wasn't an Elite Hunter, and AVPR is non-canon, so his status within a clan is irrelevant. The only source that really comes to me that offers an explanation of the different ranks (Unblooded, Blooded, Elites, and Elders) are probably the original AVP comic book series and the AVP novels.

comicon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best battle yet!

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with the predator, here.

More physical prowess, a better tech. Bobba wouldn't go easy, but in the end, his skull would end with those of the alien.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist
@nick_hero22 said:

Maybe if you read the graphic novel you would have saw the big clan symbol on Smiley's helmet within the first couple of pages and how it was shown that he was the leader of that clan in comic. Wolf wasn't an Elite Hunter, and AVPR is non-canon, so his status within a clan is irrelevant. The only source that really comes to me that offers an explanation of the different ranks (Unblooded, Blooded, Elites, and Elders) are probably the original AVP comic book series and the AVP novels.

I do not own the bloody Comic Omnibus, i borrowed it a while back. I will still like a scan or statement that he was elite.

As for the Predator Novels, I do not read them. I watch the Movies (The Original Source of Canon), listen to the Directors of thos Movies as they have a huge say on Canon, Play the AvP Games, and read the Comics when I can.

So sorry, there seems no real ESTABLISH hiearchy of what is Bloodied, Elite, Eldar, and unbloodied in the Games, Comics, or Movies most of the time.

Get over it.

@degraaf said:

@cadencev2: so are we basing this off an Elite hunter than? Also Boba is not a human so is his species that similar (besides appearance) to humans?

Pretty much, he performs no better than Peak humans and as far as I know their is no genetic difference between Mandalorian and any of the humans born or raised on other planets for hundreds of generations :/ I apply the phrase "All Man are created Equal"

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Boba Fett wins

From what I remember in the Predator series, humans always won or beat the Predators.

If the role were reversed and Boba Fett was fighting the humans instead of the Predators, Boba would win easy.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Might be too close

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nick_hero22

@fetts said:

Alright Viners! Gotta say I'm super excited about this match! Step right up to see what CV's resident Boba Fett expert has to say about this match as he takes a step-by-step look at this battle;)

Firstly, I gotta say @k4tzm4n, you always do a superb job and make some close matches. Cudos to you bro!

So let me address the main issue everybody is thinking of: Cloaking. Can Boba Fett counter this? My answer is absolutely! Boba Fett is titled as the greatest bounty hunter in the entire galaxy. What do bounty hunters do? They track, they hunt, etc. So obviously, Boba being the best in the business, he's going to have the best gadgets and weapons money can buy, including gadgets that are used for detection. Boba has more than one way to counter a Predator's cloaking device. His number one way of countering this is infra-red. I remember somebody telling me that the Predator's cloaking device nearly masks himself from infra-red, but not quite. Predator's appear as a muffle on standard infra-red levels. But in an abandoned scenario like this, a muffle is all Boba would need. Furthermore, according to Wookiepedia (I realize the possibility that this might be false), but Boba can actually boost his infra-red levels. If this is true, then Boba's got a clear visual confirmation on this bad boy. Other methods of detection for Boba is his crazy audio filters (which have picked up things that'd be undetected by the human ear, such as somebody changing the safety on his blaster in a rowdy cantina) and a heartbeat sensor.

So that brings us to long-range weapons. Boba's standard long-ranged weapon is of course, his EE-3 Carbine Blaster rifle. This bad boy has the ability to obliterate large vehicles, and it can even disintegrate a person (thus the famous Darth Vader quote "No disintegrations"). However, Boba most likely won't start out with his higher settings. And then we got Predator's plasma caster. That thing is a beast I will say. It's shown that it can blow an Xenomorph's mind (literally) and it can disintegrate people itself. If Boba did get hit by that, he wouldn't be out for the count due that insanely durable Mandalorian armor (which has tanked blaster bolts like nothing, and nearly tanked a missile I kid you not), but it'd give him a hell of a stomach ache. Though, I think it's very safe to say that a Predator has the reflexes to dodge blaster bolts, and Boba has the reflexes to dodge plasma caster fire.

But the thing is, Boba definitely has the advantage in long-range. The bounty hunter sports all sorts of long-ranged weapons. He has powerful mini-concussion missiles, he's got a missile that launches from his jetpack, he has thermal detonators, he has stun dart agents, he has a wrist blaster, the list goes on. All of these definitely have great potential to down this Predator. Can the Predator close the gap? He could. It's plausible. It's all pretty dependent on which weapon Boba might resort to. Some could certainly take him out, like his mini-concussion missile (capable of obliterating a large, gigantic droid). There's also the question of what weapons he's willing to use on just one target. He might use the big guns, he might not. It can certainly happen though. Predator on the other hand, is lacking in the long-ranged department, and his plasma caster really is his best bet. He also has weapons such as spears and shurikens, but those are more of mid-ranged weapons. And those could potentially tag Boba at a closer range. Predators can be pretty fast with those. But Boba's reflexes are not to be underestimated either.

So now we have close-ranged combat. If Predator closes the gap, Boba might go down. Close combat is definitely a Predator's safest bet. If one of these guys can slaughter agile and nimble Xenomorphs, then he can definitely take on and perhaps even kill Boba. Not to mention, most of his weapons are designed for closer combat and are indeed deadly. He wields wrist blades (capable of cutting through tanks), spears, shurikens, bolas, and so on. But Boba does actually have what it takes to beat a Predator, even in close combat. The guy has stomped Jedi. He stomped Master Rahm Kota with the butt of his rifle, and defeated Jaina Solo in a sparring match. He even encountered a deformed Starkiller clone and won. This is all pretty consistent with the fact that Boba was trained by his father, Jango Fett: The man who killed 20 Jedi with his bare hands! And Jedi aren't the only things Boba's gone up against in close-combat. He's faced formidable characters like IG-88, Ry-Kooda (a deadly brute himself), and a hunter-trainer droid. Add Boba's close combat skill with close-ranged weapons such as his flamethrower (which has enough concussive force to snap large chains) and concentrated deeb spray, and he could just as easily kill the Predator.

Something that we should also keep in mind is that Boba has a jetpack. One of the reasons why I love using Boba in tourneys and whatnot is because he almost always has the advantage in long-ranged combat. And because of his jetpack, he has the means to keep that advantage. If Boba started to feel overpowered, he could use his jetpack to fall back a little. And he has actually used that tactic more than once.

All in all, this is a superb fight. One I'd definitely pay to see. But my vote goes to Boba. I'd have to say Boba takes this 6-7/10. But Predator definitely gives Boba a run for his money.

Finally a good debate!!!!!!!

1) You brought up the topic of cloaking in your first argument, so I will address your responses and tell you the conclusion that I have arrived at. The Predator's cloaking in this fight is greatly beneficial; it would give the Predator the chance to scout ahead and plan different avenues of attacks, monitor Boba Fett's location which would be fairly easy to do since Boba Fett's equipment generate a large amount of heat, and to get the drop on him in a combat scenario. If Boba Fett has infrared vision he should be able to detect the Predator, but what incentive would Boba Fett have to utilize the infrared spectrum since he doesn't know that his opponent is cloaked or anything else for that matter? And, not to mention that Boba Fett's infrared vision would have a hard time pin-pointing the location of the Predator since there would be a lot of objects generating heat in a city. Whereas Boba Fett would stick out like a sore thumb due to the absurd amount of heat that his jetpack would generate in flight, so Boba Fett might as well have a "Kick Me" sign on his back. Boba Fett's limited maneuverability with his jetpack would put him in a very vulnerable position when he starts to travel. The Predator's plasma caster has a variety of different firing-modes which range from being very fast and concentrated to highly volatile and slow; the Predator would most like switch firing-modes to something faster to tag Boba Fett while in flight, which would make for pretty big explosion due to Boba Fett's jetpack being the primary target for the Predator.

2) Boba Fett's long-range weaponry wouldn't really matter in this fight because blaster projectiles are much more slower than lead ammunition which the Predator can dodge at point-blank range with ease, and let's not forget to mention that these projectiles would be as obvious as day since they too generate heat which would make them a lot more predictable in flight therefore easier to dodge. The Predator's plasma caster has a much better destructive capability than Boba Fett's blaster. In the graphic novel AVP: Civilized Beast a single blast from a plasma caster was able to obliterate a large interstellar vessel, and that along with additional showing like destroying an APC and Militarize Helicopter in a single blast would imply that the plasma caster yields more damage in comparison to Boba Fett's weapons. And, to top all of that destructive capability off, Boba Fett's jetpack would make the explosion from the Predator's plasma caster exponentially worst due to it being fuel based if I'm not mistaken. So, one blast from the Predator's plasma caster should be enough to incapacitate or to flat-out kill Boba Fett.

3) Boba Fett doesn't have the long-range advantage. The Predator's helmet has a auto-locking feature for the plasma caster along with being able to plot trajectories for thrown weapons. All of those weapons you listed for Boba Fett are quite dodge-able for a Predator, and Predators have been shown to be able to tank the explosive impact of missiles and rockets when push comes to shove. And, tranquilizers aren't very effective against the Predators; If I'm not mistaken I believe this was shown in the graphic novel Predator: Captive, but my memory is a little hazy about all of the details surrounding that comic. The Predator would have no trouble closing the gap due to its sheer speed and the fact that it is cloaked.

4) The only objection I have here is the statement that Boba Fett could potentially beat the Predator in a close combat fight, which I believe is highly improbable. Boba Fett is severely outclassed in terms of resilience and strength along with most Predators being very proficient in hand-to-hand combat. Elite Hunters like Smiley were able to take down a group of a dozen or so Synthetics who were utilizing martial arts in combat, and in the final pages of the graphic novel AVP: Civilized Beast he showed enough hand-to-hand combat prowess to kill a Alien Queen virtually unarmed. What feats in terms of close quarter combat do Master Rahm Kota and Jania Solo have? What was the context surrounding the deformed Starkiller fight? I don't see how taking out 20 no-named fodder Jedi actually matters here, especially when Smiley and a subordinate were able to beat around dozen or so Synthetics who were martially adept. Like I have said before the Predator is very resistant to heat and explosive damage, so I don't see the flamethrower making much of a difference in a close combat fight.

The Predator should edge this match out in 7 out 10

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

I do not own the bloody Comic Omnibus, i borrowed it a while back. I will still like a scan or statement that he was elite.

As for the Predator Novels, I do not read them. I watch the Movies (The Original Source of Canon), listen to the Directors of thos Movies as they have a huge say on Canon, Play the AvP Games, and read the Comics when I can.

So sorry, there seems no real ESTABLISH hiearchy of what is Bloodied, Elite, Eldar, and unbloodied in the Games, Comics, or Movies most of the time.

Get over it.

@degraaf said:

Pretty much, he performs no better than Peak humans and as far as I know their is no genetic difference between Mandalorian and any of the humans born or raised on other planets for hundreds of generations :/ I apply the phrase "All Man are created Equal"

I didn't say there was a well established hierarchy because there isn't one in the AVP Universe, but the only ranks that have been implied in the lore are Unbloods, Veterans, Elites, and Elders. There isn't an actual statement claiming that Smiley was an Elite, but throughout the comic you see him leading groups of other hunters which would heavily imply that he was that clan's leader.

No Caption Provided

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pokergeist

@nick_hero22 said:

I didn't say there was a well established hierarchy because there isn't one in the AVP Universe, but the only ranks that have been implied in the lore are Unbloods, Veterans, Elites, and Elders. There isn't an actual statement claiming that Smiley was an Elite, but throughout the comic you see him leading groups of other hunters which would heavily imply that he was that clan's leader.

No Caption Provided

So in the end it is your knowledgeable Opinion Smiley is a Elite because he lead a pack of Hunters. Well to be fair, in the non canon AvP Movie we had 3 Unbloodied led by the leader who was also unbloodied. In the Movie Predators we have 3 Super Preds led by no Elite, just the strongest of the 3 brothers Berserk Predator.

If their is no statement Smiley was a Elite or even Bloodied, then there is no way you can quote me and tell me I am wrong.

Its all opinion then. I see the marks on his Helmet in the scans I have now that he is even Bloodied.

Anyway. I will leave it at possible just bloodied but clearly very skilled Predator that is Smiley.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

No Caption Provided

So in the end it is your knowledgeable Opinion Smiley is a Elite because he lead a pack of Hunters. Well to be fair, in the non canon AvP Movie we had 3 Unbloodied led by the leader who was also unbloodied. In the Movie Predators we have 3 Super Preds led by no Elite, just the strongest of the 3 brothers Berserk Predator.

If their is no statement Smiley was a Elite or even Bloodied, then there is no way you can quote me and tell me I am wrong.

Its all opinion then. I see the marks on his Helmet in the scans I have now that he is even Bloodied.

Anyway. I will leave it at possible just bloodied but clearly very skilled Predator that is Smiley.

1) How is it an opinion when if you read the comic you would see Smiley leading the other hunters? Wouldn't leading the other hunters maybe I don't know..........be a responsibility for a clan leader?

2) That is false, there was no leader in that group of Unbloods in the AVP movie. I'm honestly wondering how you came to reach that conclusion when there wasn't even a single implication of such a hierarchy being established in that group, all of the Unbloods were pulling their own weigh in their trial.

3) So, you are choosing to ignore the giant clan symbol on Smiley's head which means that he has been bloodied or are you ignorant to what blooding means? If you would have read the comic it would have been shown to you that Smiley was the leader of his clan, it doesn't require a narrator to figure that out.

4) No, everything I said is back up by the graphic novel AVP: Civilized Beast and if you read it as well then you would know the same information.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

1) How is it an opinion when if you read the comic you would see Smiley leading the other hunters? Wouldn't leading the other hunters maybe I don't know..........be a responsibility for a clan leader?

2) That is false, there was no leader in that group of Unbloods in the AVP movie. I'm honestly wondering how you came to reach that conclusion when there wasn't even a single implication of such a hierarchy being established in that group, all of the Unbloods were pulling their own weigh in their trial.

3) So, you are choosing to ignore the giant clan symbol on Smiley's head which means that he has been bloodied or are you ignorant to what blooding means? If you would have read the comic it would have been shown to you that Smiley was the leader of his clan, it doesn't require a narrator to figure that out.

4) No, everything I said is back up by the graphic novel AVP: Civilized Beast and if you read it as well then you would know the same information.

1) I already responded to this with 2 Examples from the Movies AvP and Predators. Both Movies had a example of Unbloodied and mere Bloodied led by the strongest of the 3.

2) There was indeed a Lead predator in the movie as he took the front and did all the sensor sweeps while leading.

3) I actualy aknowledge it if you read my post. :/ He is bloodied becuase of the mark on his Helmet. Nothing means Elite.

4) Everything you said is not wide spread knowledge nor accepted in the Movies, which is the official Source first and formost. Nor acknowledge in the Games or half the Graphic Novels I have read. Its very sketchy info of what makes a Bloodied, Elite, who is Elite, ect.....

So all your Proven is Smiley is Bloodied, I proven so far he is not Elite by any proof other than your Opinion.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pokergeist

@ccraft said:

Boba Fett wins

From what I remember in the Predator series, humans always won or beat the Predators.

If the role were reversed and Boba Fett was fighting the humans instead of the Predators, Boba would win easy.

Loading Video...

Worst Death EVER Award goes to Boba Fett!

Your Argument is flawed.........