Splicers: The Orwell's Chapter 10

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-9/685988/

Bávaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, 2038

“Una última petición niño pequeño?” said Sagrada as he pushed the barrell of the gun into the back of Eric’s skull.

“Just a question for my sister,” said Eric clearing his throat “Blair! What was the first animated and 3D film to open the Cannes Film Festival?”

Blair looked up at Burmese and smiled “Up!” and the whole room’s gravity reversed sending everything smashing into the ceiling. Arthur easily flew and grabbed his brother before he impacted.

“I got this!” said Eric “Get Blair and get ready to bail” Arthur released Eric who landed heavily on Sagrada, knees driving into his sternum.

“Usted pone una pistola en la cabeza! Debo matar, pero tal vez esto le enseñará una lección” said Eric as he grabbed Sagrada by the index finger and snapped it like a raw carrot.

Arthur swooped past and grabbed Eric by the collar, Blair under his other arm and they bolted out the door at speed and up into the sky.

“WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?” roared Captain Winston as he pushed a table off himself as he stood on the ceiling.

Nexus Headquarters, New York City, 2038

Dr Emil Rossini stood in the Helen Keller room. In front of him were Agent Johnson and Captain Brian Winston. Each nervously looked at the floor as he paced back and forth like a caged tiger, his hand gripped tightly around a scotch.

“Am I in a circus?” his words hung in the air, almost daring for an answer “Because this is what it feels like! I had one of my deputies keeping secrets on his laptop, I have my government liaison casually strolling through a terrorist site and now the head of a splicer unit can’t deliver me three children WHEN THEY’VE BEEN GIVEN CARTE BLANCHE!!”

Captain Winston went to speak but Dr Rossini caught his eye “Oh don’t speak Captain. Or you’ll join Ed in Pelican Bay, being passed around as a sex piñata” He downed his scotch and threw the glass into the wall “Now…where are the Orwells?”

Captain Wilson hesitated then spoke up “They were last spotted heading south from the Dominican Republic, sir!”

Dr Rossini rubbed his brow “So either Venezuela or Columbia. Agent Johnson”

“Yes sir!”

“You will now be liaising with Mike Company. Think of it as punishment and a reward. Same goes for you Captain Winston” Dr Rossini took a seat with a thump “This is your last chance gentlemen. I was kind to Ed because we were colleagues for fifteen years. Now get out!”

No Caption Provided

Kingston, Jamaica

Blair, Arthur and Eric walked up the beach.

“You two are really heavy” sighed Arthur

“Suck it up solider!” barked Blair in her best drill sergeant voice before bursting into laughter.

“Okay we need to get to the Usain Bolt Memorial Hospital” said Eric

“Okay” replied Arthur

“No why? No questioning?” replied Eric

“You’re the brains” said Blair ruffling his hair “There’s obviously some sort of plan. Like how you had Arthur fly south then fly low over the waves to get here. It may be convul…convou…”

“Convoluted”

“Yeah that, but you’ve got a plan” Blair smiled

“You want to hear it?” asked Eric.

“Sure, but let’s find somewhere quiet where I can have a shower and a sleep, because carrying around your fat head and your bulbous butt” laughed Arthur “Isn’t exactly fun”

“Eric doesn’t have a big butt” stated Blair, and slowly it dawned on her. Blair screeched and took off after her brother up the beach.

“Idiots” smiled Eric

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By Joygirl

“Just a question for my sister,” said Eric clearing his throat “Blair! What was the first animated and 3D film to open the Cannes Film Festival?”

Blair looked up at Burmese and smiled “Up!” and the whole room’s gravity reversed sending everything smashing into the ceiling. Arthur easily flew and grabbed his brother before he impacted.

Brilliant! Great stuff again, as always, heehee. Seems like Eric inherited Blair's brains... but then again, she has gravity powers, so.

Starting to really get a nice feel for the characters here, and the comma problem I mentioned earlier has obviously improved. Bravo!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Thank you! The Up reference is a trivia question, I asked a few weeks ago (and I'll say its Blair's favourite film)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@batkevin74: Yeah, it's just awesome that they have a code for "Use your powers... NOW." so he can be discreet and they won't screw everything up with their big woodheads.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Secret code words and a picture of Candice Swanepoel! I mean how could you not like this series :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

I love how these characters can keep their sense of humor while their world is falling apart.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe:Well they're a close knit family vs well the world, and it can't be all doom and gloom

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: It gets boring when its all doom and gloom and its more realistic to have people cracking jokes during rough situations. Humor is a psychologically proven defense mechanism that helps keep people from falling apart when the sh*t hits the fan.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Very, very true

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By poze

Great stuff I like it I love the way you created unique characters! I think I'm gonna wait before I start my Splicers series so I see how you build the universe and then jump in

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@poze: There are already quite a few chapters of Splicers up

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

A casual Mr Bump

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

I need to get back to this asap

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Grrrrrr!

I want more!

(and I was right -- Eric is the most awesome out of them all - of course.)

Great series -- lots of fun to read. Thanks for sending this my way.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped