joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Detroit Michigan

Bravo company arrives at the scene of an armored car robbery. Kirby looks inside the empty truck,"Teleporter must have used the crew as a distraction so he wouldn't need to deal with a moving target."

Will looks doubtful,"How could you possibly know that."

Kirby rolled his eyes,"Well for one this door is still intact and the lock is fine, all the witnesses have confirmed that the crew just ran off after the guards held them off for about 2 minutes and oh yea, truck's empty. A teleporter is the only thing that makes sense."

Qing surveys the scene intently from the air as she catches the sent of the thieves, she shouted down,"One of the scents appeared and disappeared without a trail, Kirby's right about the teleporter, the rest headed east."

Will scowled as Kirby and Ray took the transport in the direction Qing flew off in. Karen shrugged and rose into the air to follow.

Qing stood on the roof of a warehouse as Kirby and Ray arrived.They got out as Ray asked,"Do we need a warrant?"

Kirby stepped toward the door,"Lets call it probable cause." He then kicked down the door alerting the crew to their presence, A large man grabbed a steel beam absorbing its properties and charging at Kirby. He slammed into the blue man causing him to fall back a step, Kirby then punched him hard sending him across the room as the rest of the crew ran in.

A smaller man lept down from the ceiling, bringing an ax down on Kirby's head, the blade exploded from the impact disorienting the big man giving several members of the crew the chance to jump him. Ray blasted them away with a low level beam. One man shot him with a massive amount of electricity. Ray absorbed it looking down,"This was my favorite shirt."

He then blasted him down. Qing flew in delivering a flying kick to the man who hit Kirby with the ax but dropped to the floor as she was hit with a taser from behind, Ray turned to see what had happened and caught a knock out blow to the face. The teleporter Marcus Drake appeared before Kirby who threw a punch at him. He was gone before the fist made contact and appeared behind Kirby to attempt to use his high powered taser on him.

Kirby dodged and back handed Marcus into a wall. The teleporter looked stunned,"You're too big to be that fast."

The big man grinned,"I'm full of surprises. He charged toward Marcus who teleported behind him and grabbed his arm. The next thing Kirby knew he was falling toward Lake Erie. He hit the water and was dragged quickly to the bottom. His muscle density that granted his incredible strength and endurance also made swimming impossible. Back at the warehouse Will and Karen showed up.

They looked around at the crew of thieves strewn around the floor,"Where's Kirby?" Will shouted.

Ray shrugged,"The teleporter took him with him."

Will looked to Karen,"See if you can find him."

She sent out a wave of telepathic energy for a few seconds then shouted,"Lake Erie, now. He's drowning." Qing flew off at top speed, when she arrived she sent a telepathic message to Karen 'I need a location here.'

Karen forced her way into Kirby's mind,'I need you to let us know where you're at.'

Kirby stopped struggling against the water and hit the bottom crouching down and pushing off the bottom as hard as he could sending him blasting into the air and taking a deep breath before crashing back to the water. Qing saw this and rushed to pull him out.

As she dropped him on the shore he sat up panting,"I'm.. gonna kill..that guy."

Back at the warehouse as the rest of the crew was loaded into a prisoner transport Will looked over to Ray,"I don't see why you all got so panicked about Kirby getting dropped in a lake."

Ray shook his head,"You really do suck at your job don't you."

Will looked curious as Ray continued,"He can't float, too dense. If you can't float you can't swim. I'd suggest if you'd like to keep your job you might want to learn a thing or 2 about your team."

Bravo company HQ a few hours later

Ray knocks on Kirby's door as he walks in,"Got any idea who the teleporter was?"

Kirby looks back,"He was involved in a bank job Foxtrot dealt with about a month back......."

Kirby stopped when he noticed a bit of blood on the edge of Ray's mouth,"You coughing up blood again?"

Ray quickly wiped his mouth,"Its nothing."

Kirby shook his head,"You're gonna have to tell someone eventually."

Ray dropped down on Kirby's couch,"I will when it becomes a problem."

Kirby sat down,"In my experience puking up blood is usually considered a problem. Did you at least tell Qing? Keeping crap from the stuffed shirts is one thing but she loves you for some strange reason."

Ray looked over,"I think she can sense it."

They shut up as Qing walked in with Karen and a case of beer,"We just had our first mission with less than a thousand dollars of property damage and nobody died, seems like a reason to celebrate." Qing said with a grin.

Kirby looked back to them,"Poster boy too good to join us?"

Down in the conference room, Will sat looking over his teams files. He was tired of them looking at him like a moron so he was doing his homework. He hated the fact that the task force had made him their symbol. He hadn't had a moments peace since they started slapping his face on recruitment posters.

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Kirby stopped when he noticed a bit of blood on the edge of Ray's mouth,"You coughing up blood again?"

Ray quickly wiped his mouth,"Its nothing."

Kirby shook his head,"You're gonna have to tell someone eventually."

Ray dropped down on Kirby's couch,"I will when it becomes a problem."

Kirby sat down,"In my experience puking up blood is usually considered a problem. Did you at least tell Qing? Keeping crap from the stuffed shirts is one thing but she loves you for some strange reason."

Nice! Something's up with Ray...plot thickens

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I have a plan for Ray, hopefully it goes as well on here as it does in my head

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That was brilliant the way you had Kirby signal Qing -- made the most sense plus -- LOL -- know I get why he was particularly "attentive" to Marcus in your other story - Lake Erie is a pretty big lake. :P