Marvel Iron Age: Distain Part 6

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Darius flew at tree top level in his stolen suit of armour, wondering if they were smart enough to put a tracking device in the suit then it was possible, probable there was an immobilizer in it also. So falling from 30ft at one hundred miles an hour would hurt, whereas falling 2000ft at Mach 3 would kill him. Best to err on the side of caution

Darius gave the Hunter suit a through test drive, firing of its various weapons at trees, learning what he could about it as he flew along. The armour was good, but compared to the Supremis which was still “sleeping”, it was a toy! If Darius had access to it, the Hunter would of lost his whole head with a cannon shot to the face.

As he headed in a south easterly direction Darius contemplated how much and how little he’d achieved in his two and bit weeks of raging against the Stark machine. Ten people dead including that Euro-trash Scalphunter, around twenty million dollars worth of damage...not enough. The most expensive things destroyed were the Sentinel which he didn’t do and the jet he ploughed through in which the pilot may have jettisoned to safety. Sure the alert had gone out but he was still a mystery, an enigma to the common man. He needed to get the Supreme Commander’s full attention, but a direct assault on Chicago would be pointless as would tearing down the UK Sea Wall...

He needed something to make that Stark bastard loses sleep and worry that Distain may one day burst through his window and kill him! Oh Darius knew how to kill The Supreme Commander, but first he’d expose Tony to the world, for Tony Stark WAS The Supreme Commander. The legend of the heroic age, the creator of Iron Man was responsible for the state of the world and faked his death to rule under a false identity. He couldn’t wait to do battle with the “Supreme Commander” and show the world the files his great-grandfather had passed down. Oh how sweet that would be!

“Incoming Alerts” cried a shrill electronic voice inside the armour that made Darius wince, no wonder the Hunter was in a bad mood. On his screen were a series of files. He scrolled through and opened them up

“New Latverian terrorists attack Iron Army forces in Chechyen DMZ”

Well that’s an obvious lie, thought Darius. Next

“Irregular weather patterns in the south east of Europe”

Testing of weapons. Next

“The Supreme Commander will hold a summit in Colorado this week”

That’s code and or another lie. Next

“Vigilante duo attack food truck in New York”

That sounded believable. Darius shut down the alerts. Seemed the nice ordered world under the Iron Rule was slowly rusting away. Darius picked up the pace and continued heading south east when he spied a large building jutting out of the wilderness on the horizon. It was, yes it was, an Al-Mar! Al-Mar was a late 20 early 21 Century mega-corporation that paralleled the Iron Army’s rise and seemed to be the retail wing of the army. It would “invade” a town, drive out competing forces then raise prices. Then they’d open another bigger one in the next town, close the old one and move the population with low prices and their stomachs.

The Hunter armour pinged several alerts of mutant signatures at the approaching building. Darius spotted about a dozen people in the former car park as he soared in. If the Al-Mar was relatively intact it may have what he needed to make an impression, but he’d need to do it alone

Darius dialled down all the weapons, engaged the microphone and flew in over the heads of the group “This is Agent...Brown! You are all in breach of curfew!” He fired near them and at the abandoned cars. Two drew primitive firearms and shot at him, the rest scattered except one; a male who looked at him with that fire in his eyes that screamed enough and it reminded Darius of himself...but this wasn’t the time for a pointless staring contest. The male then upped the ante by having his hands burst into flaming dragon skulls!

Darius scrolled through the weapons and selected the chlorine ejector at 400ppm. That was enough to cause lung burn, vomiting, red eyes but not enough to kill him, 1000ppm was fatal to humans. The blast hit the mutant straight in the face sending him to the ground gasping for air. Not a bad weapon, thought Darius as he over-revved the palm repulsor as he went for a slow coup de grace hoping someone would try something

“No!” yelled another mutant hurled a burning car at Darius which was easily avoidable but he had to sell it. He caught it and crashed into the ground with a thud. Darius fired the chest replusor and full burst making a huge explosion. Darius watched through the flames as they scattered but he’d better make sure as he emerged from the wreckage like a phoenix

‘This is Agent Brown! Send the battalion to sweep the area” he barked over the microphone firing all around in faux anger

Now, let’s go shopping!

The shopping centre was eerily alive. Though it was at least a hundred years old, some of the neon lights still worked and the muzak played across echoing centre. Darius felt like he was being watched but nothing came up on the Hunter scans, luckily the Supremis came on online in forty minutes and then he’d be sure.

This Al-Mar had been looted and pillaged over the years but as he searched the complex, what he needed was still available; fertilizer. And he was going to build himself an old school, low tech improvised explosive device.

“Supremis Unit ready for activation” flashed across his eyes

About damn time! Darius shed the Hunter armour and laid it out on the table, readying it for the next part of his plan when he heard an odd sound

“Supremis identify” he asked as he removed the chest plate

“82% chance that sound is teleportation sphere”

Telep-

Darius’ thought was cut short as a slender vibranium blade poked out of his right pectoral muscle

“Miss me?” asked Scalphunter who was holding the end of the sword behind him

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I just want to know what Darius will do when he finds out it's not Tony Stark running the show

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

this is a great chapter and I'm liking scalp hunter as the villain

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

Yeah Darius is living a 200yr delusion that it's all Tony's fault, Supreme Commander is Tony Stark or at least a clone of, and he's got "proof" that his family has kept for years like an heirloom. But that's the least of his problem's at the moment

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I really love what you're doing here I'm just saying I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when it comes down to him and the boss

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: I think when he and the Supreme Commander get a chance for some one on one ass-kickery, I think it's going to be brutal and revealing

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I'm sure it will be great

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Next part up this week

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Al-Mar is obviously Wal...welll I don't want to get sued either so let's just say a large American chain of shiops :) Clever! And OMG you're bad guy's back and stabbing Darius! WTF? Another twist, another clifhangar, looking forwardt o more

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BlackReaper

Stark was the supreme commander? You're probably wondering why I'm commenting here. I'm trying to read up on all of them since I kind of forgot where I was last.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: No, it becomes clear in the next two chapters. Darius BELIEVES Tony Stark is the Supreme Commander, Darius is very, very wrong! He soon finds out that his whole families hatred of Tony Stark is lies, lies and more lies :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

I get a Lobo vibe off Scalphunter. Not a bad thing, and probably unintentional. Still makes for entertaining reading.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scalphunter is one of my favourites

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74:

He is becoming a favorite of mine. Did he and Cut-Throat ever throw down?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Cutthroat and Scalphunter have fought at least once.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped