Marvel Genesis: The Punisher #6

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

(This fan-fic is rate MA mainly due to the violence and traumatic deaths and the fact this is a Punisher story so he deserves a solid MA rating. As I've said before this is me playing in the Marvel sandpit, they own Frank Castle, Maria Castle, Richard Fisk etc; I just made the story up. Enjoy)

Manhattan Airport, New York

Frank got out of the car he’d stolen and strode towards the heliport, a man on a mission. His black trench coat flapped in the breeze, his black duffel bag bulging.

The airport rent-a-cop emerged from his security checkpoint “Sorry si…”

The sentence was cut short as Frank jammed a taser into the man’s neck and fired off a blast. The guard hit deck and flapped about like a landed fish. Frank whipped out a Colt Anaconda revolver with silencer and pumped several shots into the various security cameras. Frank crossed the tarmac and headed to a helicopter. Within minutes he was in the air and off in the direction of Rochester.

Under the Veterans Memorial Bridge, Rochester, New York

Richard Fisk looked at the Castle family huddled together in the cage as it on the dock. They were terrified and shivering from the cold coming off the Genesee River.

“Seems Frank is on his way here” Richard looked at his watch “Better get here soon, I got a date”

“If my husband doesn’t kill you” Maria’s words were soft, direct and full of fury “I will!”

“That’s big talk Mrs Castle” scoffed Richard “From damaged goods…PAULIE! Get over here!”

The big, dumb goon ran over and stood next to the cage, slightly panting at the exertion

“Yeah…boss”

“You fat bastard!” laughed Richard “Three workouts in one day take it out of you big guy?”

Eastman Business Park, Rochester, New York

No Caption Provided

Frank landed the chopper in the middle of the park and got out. He was wearing a costume he’d stolen from the evidence room. Some nutjob had made a Kevlar mesh Halloween inspired costume and was going to suicide bomb a subway train and hadn’t counted on three Guardian Angels being overly vigilant and kicking him into a coma. The trial was still pending.

Frank knew it was a trap and didn’t care, his instincts and training screaming at him to take cover, but he strode from the chopper, bag in hand to the storage locker. Tapped to the door was a note “Frankie! Veteran’s Bridge. Ciao” Frank’s fists clenched around the note. Frank spied a motorcycle.

Under the Veterans Memorial Bridge, Rochester, New York

“You think he’s gonna show?” asked Paulie to Maria. She held her children tighter and moved to the opposite side of the small cage “HEY! I’m talking to you!”

“Shut up you bad man!” screamed Lisa breaking free of her mother’s arms and flailing at the bars, trying to get at him.

Paulie stepped back “Your little bitch screams like you did”

Maria turned and glared at Paulie “I hope my husband gets to you before I do you animal!”

“I hope I don’t catch nothing” laughed Paulie slapping the bars.

Suddenley a motorcycle came off the bridge above them, spun end over end and crashed into the water.

“What the f…” Paulie’s sentence was cut short as a small hole opened on his forehead and then the back of his head exploded, brains and blood showering Maria and her kids. Maria grabbed her kids tight as they screamed. Her screams stopped as she watched Frank rappel down from the bridge, his face all business.

Frank landed and quickly scouted the area with his sniper rifle. He put it down and crouch scurried towards the cage.

Blam! Blam! Blam!

Shots rang out behind him. Frank dive rolled but there was very little cover. Frank blindly shot back catching Mikey in the gun with four shots from the Colt Anaconda.

Blam! Blam! Blam! Two hit Frank but the costume held as he made out about four men heading his way, a possible fifth in the shadows. Frank drew the M4A1 and sprayed the area, two went down the others went for cover

“FRANK!” screamed Maria

“I’m coming baby! I’m so sorry!” Frank reloaded

“How touching!” Richard’s voice

“You’re dead Fisk!” yelled Frank looking for his target

Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! More shots rang out, clipping Frank; hurting him but the costume saved him. Frank returned fired, peppering a thug with at least thirteen shots. In a reflex he switched targets and caught the other with six shots, blowing his skull off with the concentrated fire. Frank reloaded when he heard the roar of an engine and a car came careening out of the dark and straight at the cage. Frank dove to the side as the car smashed the cage, tipping it towards the water.

“FRANK!” shrieked Maria

“DADDY!” Lisa’s piercing scream combined with Frank Jr’s cry

The cage rocked precariously. Richard got out of the car, weapon pointed at Frank “That’s going to wreck my no-claim bonus. So Frank me or the family”

Frank dropped his gun and ran to the cage as Richard gave it a nudge and it slowly headed towards the water. Richard took off and Frank grabbed the cage trying to counter balance it. His knuckles were white, teeth gritted as he tried to stop the inevitable. The cage tore from Frank’s graps and hit the water, sinking. Frank jumped into the freezing water after them trying to prise the bars open.

“Where’s the door?” screamed Frank rattling the bars like a madman

“Help me daddy!” screamed Lisa

“Other side” said Maria as she held up Frank Jr. The cage sunk lower and lower, the Castle’s were being forced slowly under the water.

“NO!” screamed Frank. He pulled a knife and surged into the water, clawing himself to the other side of the cage. He got to the lock and tried to jimmy the lock with his combat knife but to no avail. He could barely see his family through the murky water. His lungs screamed for air but he fought the urge, frantically trying to free his family. Frank shot up to the surface, the cage had about an inch before in went completely under.

“Help us Frank!” panted Maria

“HOLD ON!” roared Frank as he went under again. The cage lock held firm. Frank screamed underwater as he watched the outline of his son go limp! Frank gripped the bars and pulled with all his might, muscles in his back popped under the strain but the bars, lock and cage held firm. Frank shot back up for air and back down again. He saw Lisa floating quietly, her hand drifting outside of the cage. Maria’s hand grabbed Frank’s. They held each other, Frank tried a SEAL rebreathing technique on her but she simply held her husband’s hand until she could no more.

“NO!!!” Bubbles of fury erupted from his mouth. Frank shot to the surface and went back down again…and again…and again.

Under Veterans Memorial Bridge, Rochester, New York

A squad car responding to the 911 call, came down to the dock area under the bridge. Emerging from the water was Frank castle, the body of his dead son in his arms. Lying at his feet were his wife and daughter. Frank placed the body beside them and walked towards the cop car.

“Put your hands up and get down on your knees!” shouted the officer.

“Kill me” stated Frank

“Stop right there sir and put your hands up!” shouted the other officer

“KILL ME!” roared Frank as he launched at them.

“Taser!” yelled the first officer pumping volts into Frank, the other officer followed suit. Combined with the coating of water Frank sizzled and flipped about like an epileptic!

“This is Officer Lacey! We have a suspect in custody. Possible multiple 187’s. We need back up!”

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By rav4

@batkevin74: Damn, some powerful stuff in this one. Weird how, considering who the character is, I knew his family was going to die, and yet it was still tragic just the same. Loved the action, too, another great chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Ravager4: Well I decided to do something different with Frank in my re-do of him. And sure it could of been mobsters in the park but something about being inches away from the ones you love and totally unable to do anything seemed more powerful and appropriate. Gives him a lot more nightmares, makes him more unstable. I'm glad you liked it, next one should amp it up some more

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

That was wicked sick! AWESOME! That was so well sad and powerful on how you killed Frank's family. Good work!! $#!+ is abouts to go down I reckon

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks man. Frank's family is pivotal to him becoming the Punisher, just thought they needed a new death

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

bump

Prankster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Prankster

If ever there was an excuse to wear a mask... I wonder how long you could write Punisher without it being totally necessary to kill his family. Certainly he was angry enough anyway. Perhaps I'm still Jazzing on the last Harry Dresden book I read (not saying any more) Also I wonder if there is a lead bullet or two lodged in the titanium lock of that cage. Muscle bound supers are never around when you need them.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Prankster: True! Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man and co are strangely absent when the Mafia/Maggia/Hydra get tapped by the Punisher.

tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Any more?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Any more?

This.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@TheCannon said:

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Any more?

This.

Thanks, both of you :) Yes there shall be more, more after sleeping

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#12  Edited By TheCannon

@batkevin74 said:

@TheCannon said:

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Any more?

This.

Yay!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CapFanboy

@batkevin74 said:

@TheCannon said:

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Any more?

This.

Wanna be added to the group PM?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

Shunt!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Bumped due to part 7 heading our way :)

tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Any more???????????????? Yo say pt7? Hmmmmm???? :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Pyrogram

Very good :0 Enjoyable.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@tomdickharry1984: Yeah, soon, hopefully. It's ready, just needs a polish before posting

@Pyrogram: Thank you

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ComicStooge

Awesome, dude. A very original take on how castle got his costume, too.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

@ComicStooge: Thanks

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

All awesome so far

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Thanks

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Eww, a much slower and more gruesome death for the family, than the crossfire in the park.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: It's a given that Punisher's family has to die but it never gets any less tragic

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14