feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feebadger

“Matthew, please try and remember who you are.”

My father was an important man, you understand, and my placement in the Holding D program was purely due to nepotism of the highest order. Daddy had pulled a great number of very high strung strings to get me a placement there, what with the prerequisite being that you needed to be possessed of some massive degree of psychic ability. I, of course, did not… at least, not at the time. Psychically speaking, I was a non event, my psionic abilities extending only as far as the occasional victory whilst playing Guess Who. Luckily for me, I happened to be watching the press conference, where Colonel Steerman exited this spiritual plane.

“If you can hear me, could you please give me a signal?”

When that creature burst through Steermans chest, the disturbing nature of the event triggered something in me, rocked me to my very core. I did not know it at the time, but I lapsed into a coma, a state of unconsciousness, which lasted for 16 weeks after witnessing the occurrence. What was revealed to me when I awoke was that my entire personal quarters had been decimated, destroyed by a massive force. The walls had been torn like paper, the floors ripped up like cardboard and not a burn or bullet mark could be found. It was explained that I had done this thing, this feat of massive destruction, using nothing but the power of my latent psyche. It was then revealed to me that I had also murdered my father.

“The day has come that we always talked about, Matthew. This is the time where we need you… Please.”

Having shared my living quarters with me, I had inadvertently torn my daddy limb form limb with the force of my subconscious. My newfound gift had ended the life of the only man who truly cared for me. My mother had died during childbirth and my father had carried the burden of my existence ever since. My father was… had been an important man. I was now important myself. Never had I been exposed to so much attention, daily interviews, probes, tests, experiments, anything to ascertain and harness the true extent of my powers. Unfortunately… I did not cooperate.

“MATTHEW!? MATTHEW FOR GODS SAKE!?!”

Having inadvertently murdered my father, I refused to unleash my abilities again. Not through fear of hurting others. Not as a silent dedication of abstinence to the man whose existence I had ended. No. The reason was far simpler. I knew where the power came from.

“… oh my god… they’re here… they’ve broken through the main doors…”

And I knew that the aliens would come to reclaim what was theirs.

Previous - HORROR INC: Alien Empire

Next - HORROR INC: Alien Empire Pt. 3

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Cool, looking forward to seeing what this guy is capable of.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine

Wow. This is better then the alien novels.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@feebadger said:

Having shared my living quarters with me, I had inadvertently torn my daddy limb form limb with the force of my subconscious. My newfound gift had ended the life of the only man who truly cared for me.

Aliens meets Scanners! I love that he was in a coma and killed a man and didn't really know! That is sick in both teenage slang and the actual word! Brrrrrrrr

As with the rating system that we're trialling (see for more details) I give this an 8! The Canadian judge gave you a six and the mad Lithuanian judge a 9.2, but averaged out like diving it's a solid 8. Good work!

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

Very intrigued to see where this is goin.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

{And I knew that the aliens would come to reclaim what was theirs} Oooo this is very creepy and intriguing! Good job