Doomsday ElseWorlds #1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Premise: Way back when they killed Superman, there’s a bit where a professional wrestler on TV in a LexMart gets Doomsday attention. Lo and behold the wrestler is at Metropolis and spruiks it several times, which sinks into his brain and he heads to Metropolis and the rest is history.

But what if it was somewhere else? What if we take this pivotal Superman story but remove Superman from the equation and have Doomsday head to Amnesty Bay, Boston, Gotham, St Roche or San Francisco to fight other superheroes which WILL lead to their deaths!

Midvale

AHM-NSS-TYYYY-BUH?

The grey behemoth looked at the screen and grunted. It turned and walked through the wall and trudged off, smacking shelving and support columns as it lumbered away.

Superman held the green car in his hand, which Doomsday had casually tossed towards space.

“It happened so fast…didn’t seem real at first” panted the driver “What…what is that thing Superman?”

“I wish I knew” said Superman in a calm but ominous tone “Just scanning below with my telescopic and X-ray vision and all I can see is destruction”

“That must’ve been the overpass he collapsed”

“Oh no!” Superman saw the debris and flew down to rescue any survivors.

HAH-HA…HUH? AHM-NSS-TYYYY-BUH?

Doomsday spotted the large blue sign that read “Amnesty Bay, Maine 534miles” It crouched and launched into the air like a missile and leapt ten miles in a single bound. It hit the ground like a meteor and jumped again, bouncing across the land towards…

Amnesty Bay

“Thank you Ice” said Aquaman into his JLA communicator as he stood on the docks. The blonde king of Atlantis turned to his wife, Mera.

“I would like you to leave”

Mera shot her husband a stern glance “If you think that I am going anyway Arthur Orin Curry, you…”

He stepped forward and kissed his wife gently on the forehead “Thank you”

“So what did the JLA have to say?”

“Seems some monster wrecked Blue Beetle’s plane and gave Superman the slip” said Aquaman as he gripped his trident “Last spotted heading this way to Amnesty Bay”

“Any idea who?”

“From Ice’s description it seems like Solomon Grundy” said Aquaman “Or Blockbuster. Or Gorilla Grodd”

Mera smirked “Should make a change from the Fisherman”

“He’s actually quite dangerous” replied Aquaman, trying to contain his laughter. He spotted a figure hurtling down from the sky. “He’s heading for the town centre!”

CHOOM!

Doomsday slowly stood as the concrete dust settled about him.

AHM-NSS-TYYYY-BUH?

“This is Amnesty Bay, monster” said Aquaman “I suggest you leave”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mera fired a hard water blast at him. The blast tore bits off his shredded green outfit and did nothing more than get his attention. Doomsday thumped towards her as she fired a concentrated stream at him, which was no more effective than a hose. Aquaman leap up and smashed the monster in the face with his fist. Doomsday head moved slightly, Aquaman shook his fist in pain.

“What are you?” asked Aquaman

HRARRH!

Doomsday raised his fists to flatten Aquaman to paste, but Aquaman was too fast and dodged away, gripped his trident and drove it into the monsters chest with all his might. The trident entered the skin slightly then bent.

“Neptu…” Aquaman was grabbed by the face and smashed into the ground. Doomsday the stomped on his back with a thunderous crack, blood shooting from his mouth.

Mera screamed “ARTHUR!” and rushed to her husband’s side, forming a shield around them both. He shakily got to his feet. Mera looked at him, a worried look on her face.

“Its okay” he whispered as Doomsday smashed the bubble with his fists. Aquaman slammed his fists into the rampaging behemoths throat. Doomsday stumbled backwards from the attack and glared at the man in orange and green.

GRRRAH!

Doomsday swung a wild punch which Aquaman easily ducked under and followed through with an uppercut, causing some small pieces of the bony contusions around Doomsday’s mouth to break off. Arthur’s hands ached at the unyielding nature of Doomsday’s skin, blood dripped from his knuckles. Aquaman swung a kick but Doomsday caught it and upended him, driving him head first into the concrete like a railroad spike. Doomsday turned on Mera.

“You will pay for this monster!” declared Mera as she formed two hard water swords in her hands. Doomsday lumbered at her, Mera slammed the swords into his face but to no avail, they simply shattered.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Doomsday grabbed her by the arms and drove his spiky knee into her stomach, the bone spire shooting out her back. He then tugged, reefing her right arm off her body with a sickening pop and discarded her like a used tissue.

“NOOOOO!” cried Arthur as he hauled himself out of the concrete and bitumen. Doomsday turned to see a fuming Aquaman, rage rippling through his body.

“AHHHHH!” Arthur leapt at the monster and tackled him, slamming him into the town hall and through the wall. He slammed his fists into his Doomsday’s face, blow after blow, each filled with rage. Doomsday lashed out with a punch that ripped open the right side of Arthur’s face, due to the jagged knuckles protruding.

“I will kill you!” declared Aquaman as he spat blood and looked at his massive opponent

KUL-YOOO!

Doomsday and Aquaman leapt at each other, the sound like a car accident. They stood in the rubble of Amnesty Bay town hall trading blows. Aquaman grabbed Doomsday by the face and tossed him towards the ocean.

“Let’s see if you can swim!”

Doomsday landed on the dock and crashed through it, sending wood splinters into the air. Aquaman put out a psychic call to the creatures of the sea to come to his aid and rushed into the water to reengage his foe. Under the waves Doomsday stood ankle deep in the silt. From behind a great white shark slammed into his back. Doomsday turned to have another sweep in and bite him on the head. But the shark’s jaw broke like glass. Doomsday grabbed the shark pulled him over his head like a jumper, splitting the creature in two! The other shark swam off; Aquaman looked on at the horrific power of this creature. Doomsday crouched and leapt up, out of the water.

-No you don’t-

Arthur followed suit and tackled the grey beast mid-air and slammed them back into the water. Doomsday slammed his pointy elbow into Aquaman’s side, piercing him like a piece of fruit. Aquaman released him as a giant squid answered the call and enveloped the seemingly unstoppable beast.

Aquaman felt the wound, right through his kidney, possibly fatal. He glared at the monster that’d killed his wife and was now tearing a giant squid limb from limb. Swimming at him like a torpedo he slammed into the spine of Doomsday. The pair grappled down towards the bottom, trading blows all the way. Doomsday hit the bottom and leapt up, Aquaman clung on for dear life as they shot up and out of the water like a Polaris missile.

“Fall…down…dammit!” yelled Aquaman as he smashed his now broken hand into Doomsday face. The pair careened into the lighthouse, Arthur’s childhood home. They each stood, glaring daggers at each other. Aquaman panting heavily, blood trickling down his side.

“Today is the day you die!” declared Aquaman heroically straightening up

YOOO-DYEEEE!

-This is it- thought Arthur as he charged Doomsday –All or nothing-

BDAMM

The pair hit each other simultaneously, the sound nearly deafening. They each hit the ground. Amnesty Bay went eerily silent.

“Oh my god ARTHUR!” Superman landed near his friend “Its okay Arthur”

“F-f-forget me” Arthur spat through broken teeth, his face swollen and bruised “M-mera. S-save Mer-a” His eyes fluttered before rolling back into his skull.

A month later

The superhero community stood solemnly before the broken lighthouse. The world’s media were there too. Wonder Woman took to the podium, a small tear in her eye.

“Aquaman…Arthur was a great man. One, I had the pleasure to call friend, ally and comrade. You will be sorely missed. You were a man of actions, so I shall do so accordingly” She pulled the gold tassel and revealed a large bronze statue of Aquaman. “Goodbye Arthur”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great Job, Aquaman wasn't who I expected this to be about but you pulled it off nicely

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Aquaman Vs Doomsday! Very, very nice, especially Mera's death. Will you be doing others?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks. Yes probably a Wonder Woman, Batman, maybe a Hawkman and a Teen Titans

@joshmightbe: Thanks. Just giving the DC king of the ocean his dues :)

Let's see how about and :)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

@batkevin74 I loved this.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By Joygirl

Wow, pretty neat battle. Shame Arthur was doomed from the start... if big D can kill Superman, he can certainly kill Aquaman.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCannon

IF I CAN MAKE A SUGGESTION FOR THE FUTURE, DON'T DO A BATMAN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOOMSDAY WOULD KILL HIM IN LESS THAN TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Well it was inevitable, but he was like all heroes are in the face of adversity, heroic! But yeah if Doomsday can Superman, everyone else is also going to die

@TheCannon: That will be the challenge won't it. Look if Batman can and HAS gone toe to toe with Superman (albeit he was affected by Poison Ivy) Batman would have a go against Doomsday. Look at all the stuff he has in the cave, especially during the Court of Owls. But yes, Doomsday will be heading to Gotham

How about hey, could you have a read of this when you get a chance, thanks

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VyseCarma

Thanks for tagging me, I've been getting caught up in my own stuff latly its kinda the only way to get my attention... This was a good start, are you going to continue with Aquaman and a revival the way that Superman had or are you just giving one shots of Doomsday killing off heroes?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheCannon said:

IF I CAN MAKE A SUGGESTION FOR THE FUTURE, DON'T DO A BATMAN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOOMSDAY WOULD KILL HIM IN LESS THAN TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes is being generous, not talking bad about Batman but Dday isn't rally something you can prep for

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@joshmightbe said:

@TheCannon said:

2 minutes is being generous, not talking bad about Batman but Dday isn't rally something you can prep for

I'M GIVING HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT THAT HE CAN HAVE SOMETHING THAT LET'S HIM STAY ALIVE FOR AT LEAST A MINUTE AND 50 Seconds, THEN DOOMSDSAY KILLS HIM IN THE REMAINING TEN SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheCannon: can you take off the caps it feels like you're screaming at me

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@VyseCarma: Never thought about an Aquaman 'resurrection'? He did have one after Imperiex killed Atlantis and the JLA had that Obsidian Age...so maybe. But as yet, it's just going to be Doomsday Vs (insert hero), how they fought, watch them die and then repeat. But maybe after all that, returning from the dead could work...every hero does it (Green Arrow did, Superman did, Batman somehow did, Wonder Woman, EVERYBODY!)

@TheCannon: You give Batman only two minutes worth of survival Vs Doomsday. You don't know Batman very well. Sure he's outgunned, but he's Batman and it's his brain, his focus and his determination that let him stand shoulder to shoulder with people who can eat radioactive cyanide, dropkick trains into orbit and fly faster than light! When I write it, I'll tag you and you can see for yourself. Also, what's with the bold shouting? :)

@joshmightbe: Batman preps for everything! And he will have some warning. Like the original 'Death of Superman' Doomsday cut a swathe of destruction before hitting Metropolis. Batman's probably got 40mins to an hour to concoct a plan...he'll still die, but he'll have an awesome plan! :)

Let's see hey and I would love you to throw a discerning eye over this, you too when you get a chance

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#14  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: very cool.

the only suggestion I would present would be to add some punctuation in some places for example:

“I wish I knew” said Superman in a calm but ominous tone “Just scanning below with my telescopic and X-ray vision and all I can see is destruction”

I would make it:

“I wish I knew,” said Superman in a calm but ominous tone, “Just scanning below with my telescopic and X-ray vision and all I can see is destruction.”

but that is really minor. I look forward to the next chapter...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet: Thanks. I have a habit of not putting in those commas (ask Joygirl). But thanks, glad you liked it

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By CapFanboy

@joshmightbe: Nice, I do look forward to the Batman one.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By tomdickharry1984

tAke that Aquaman!!! BoOM! Very noice! :)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCannon

@joshmightbe said:

@TheCannon: can you take off the caps it feels like you're screaming at me

Sorry

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batkevin74

@TheCannon: S'okay

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks

@CapFanboy: So am I :)

So any thoughts etc? :)

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By rav4

@batkevin74: It's just... meh, for me... I mean, it's written well, but I really don't like stories where a bunch of heroes just get killed, so I'm a little biased

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@Ravager4: No worries, so not a big fan of the Death of Superman I guess :) Thanks for reading though

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Time_Phantom

I liked this. Can't say I was too broken up about Aqua man (sorry) He still kicked ass. Batman is in trouble. (I can only imagine the fight going something like the supes fight in DKR only dying for real, but I'm curious about what you've got planned.)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Thanks. Honestly if you're not an Aquaman fan, you won't be too cut up that he died. Same with if you're not a Superman fan, when he died you really wouldn't care. But yeah I got (hopefully) something wicked for Batman..and Wonder Woman.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#24  Edited By wildvine

Read this earlier and forgot to comment. Okay, I liked that aqua man went down like a champ. Also, it was very well written, i could almost hear the fight. Waiting for the Batman one.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine: Thanks! Yeah Batman Vs Doomsday may just literally break your brain :)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheCannon
No Caption Provided
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@TheCannon said:

No Caption Provided

Where did you find that pic?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheCannon

@4donkeyjohnson said:

@TheCannon said:

No Caption Provided

Where did you find that pic?

I just googled "bump" and found it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheCannon

@batkevin74 Have you published another after this?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Pyrogram

read when I have time

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By batkevin74

@TheCannon: Not yet :( Want to, have several ideas in my head, just time is my enemy

@Pyrogram: No worries

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pyrogram

Nice concept, nice matchup, Things like this are not my fave, but views aside, it was a good piece.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By batkevin74

@Pyrogram: Thanks, a few people have mentioned that while this was good that it wasn't their cup of tea, maybe because of the premise knowing that the hero WAS going to die at the end of the story. But the Death of Superman sold so well....so I'm intrigued

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pyrogram

@batkevin74: One of the reason's its not my cup of tea as you say, I don't read either of the people involved lol

I don't mind if the hero is gona die.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked the story, but gee. Poor Mera...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: Yeah, not everyone gets a happy ending

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mk111
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: No, part of the reason for me bumping this was 1) get more people to read and 2) get on writing a part 2. Rest assured I'm on the case!

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inspirational bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another bumped due to large viewed numbers....

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for no reason

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Interesting story idea. I really like it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped as I'm trying to decide whether to do Hawkman, Wonder Woman, Titans or Batman