batmanbeyond234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By batmanbeyond234

"Young Justice...you're under arrest."

Agents of SHIELD, Fite 'N' Maad, had just arrived on the scene. Only minutes ago, the team was in a fight for their lives against an attack by a group of unknown robotic beings calling themselves the Phalanx.

Young Justice. A team of young heroes training for a future where they will be the world's protectors. Currently present: Wonder Girl, given by the all-father Odin, the powers of flight, invulnerability and super strength. Superboy, whose tactile telekinesis allowed him the same powers, and the addition of a photonic shield gave him a symbol to fight behind. Arrowette, whose accuracy with a bow and arrow was unparalleled. Impulse, the boy who moved faster than he could possibly think. Jade, whose green skin, hair, and eyes affected her personality not one bit, as she relied on her own strength of will to create any object she wanted. And lastly present, the team's mentor and leader, the robotic Red Tornado, who could create tornadoes with ease.

The Phalanx. Out of nowhere they came, and struck with such intensity that, for a few moments, the team wondered if they could actually succeed. That is, until Superboy caused a miniature shock wave that took them all out, as well as part of Chicago. While two Phalanx escaped, the two mutant members of the team, Cannonball and Magik, gave chase.

"Under arrest?" Arrowette asked.

"You can't be serious!" Jade exclaimed. "We just saved the city!"

"By causing an earthquake?" Agent Fite asked. "You've got some twisted logic."

"These...Phalanx things were adapting to our powers!" Superboy said in defense. "Unless we took 'em out quickly, they would've overwhelmed us!" "You can tell it to a judge," Maad replied. "Don't resist. It'll only cause more trouble for yourselves."

"Agents," the Red Tornado spoke. "I am responsible for this team. I called them here when I was attacked. Without there help, it is true that this city would have been in grave danger."

"Mister Tornado," Fite replied, "While your testimony on their behalf is appreciated, it doesn't change anything. Young Justice has been operating for only a short while, and it has already caused far too much danger to public and private property. We're taking you in."

"You and what army?" Superboy asked.

"Like, yeah," Impulse added, pointing.

"Come quietly before you're hurt," Maad said, his hand on his gun holster. "One way or another, you are under arrest and you will be brought in."

"Let's blow this joint," Superboy said. He picked up Arrowette and took off, flying. Wonder Girl and Jade took off as well, followed by Impulse on foot.

"They're making a mistake," Fite said to Red.

"With all due respect, agents," the Tornado said as he began to take off after them, "so are you." Happy Harbor, Rhode Island. YJ's secret base.

"Yes Oracle," Robin spoke to no one, standing alone in the team's briefing room. He hadn't gone on the mission against the Phalanx, as he was occupied with a little activity of his own. "Moon Knight went down, and the police got him. Batman won't have to worry about him anymore. No, I didn't hear about anything called the Phalanx. What? Young Justice was just fighting them? But they're coming back here? Good. Gotta go, Oracle. They're coming."

"Hey Rob," Impulse said as he rushed inside. The others were, of course, behind him.

"You missed a weird little battle," Arrowette said, smiling as she pulled off her mask.

"So I've heard," he replied. "Phalanx?"

"Yeah," Wonder Girl answered, pulling off her goggles. "How'd you know?"

"Probably some bat-computer file," Superboy answered. "Batman knows everything. He's still not as good as Cap, though."

"But I take it you won?" Robin asked.

"Yup," Superboy nodded.

"We need to analyze their possible threat," the Tornado spoke, entering last.

"They can shape-shift and look like normal people...they could pose a serious threat to national or world-wide security."

"I'll start analyzing all available data," Robin said, "And I'll forward some of it to Batman, if he's got the time to look it over...which I doubt. But I'll do it anyway."

"Hey," Jade called out. "Ummm...aren't we still missing two people?"

"Yeah, where did Sam and 'Yana go?" Kon-El asked.

"They went after some escaping Phalanx," Cissie remembered.

"I can track them from here," Robin shrugged. "Through the comm units, it's easy to find any of our members. Just gimmie a few minutes."

"Take your time," Cassie sighed. "I'm taking a shower..."

"Good idea," Cissie nodded.

"You think Sam is okay?" Jen asked.

"I'm sure he's fine," Robin answered. "Why don't you hit the showers, too...when you're done I'll have a fix on his location and we can get the two of them."

Jen nodded and walked off.

"Robin," Red Tornado said after everyone had left.

"Hmm?" he asked.

"When I scanned the Phalanx, I found life signs," he answered. "They're not just artificial intelligence or another robot...they are living beings."

"Well then, that begs a frightening question," Robin sighed.

"Oh?"

"Yup. Where did they come from?" Beneath New York city there is an elaborate system of underground tunnels. Some believe they were built in the 1950's as a place to evacuate New York in case of nuclear war. Some believe they were built by someone or something other than the human race. But what they really were, at least to one group of people...was home.

"I am Callisto," a woman called. "These are my Morlocks. And you are in our alley..."

Sam Guthrie and Illyana Rasputin were mutants, people gifted or cursed with powers and abilities that made them different from normal humans. As Cannonball and Magik, the two were founding members of the New Mutants, and currently found themselves as members of Young Justice. They had ventured into these tunnels tracking two Phalanx. They succeeded in stopping them, only to find themselves not alone.

"Er...Ah'm Sam," Cannonball said, a bit startled by their sudden appearance.

"This is Illyana..."

"Pretty names for ugly upworlders," one man muttered.

"Who are you?" the woman who identified herself as Callisto asked. "What is your purpose here?"

"We're members of Young Justice," Illyana spoke. "We came here tracking two beings that were causing trouble. We defeated them, but they had led us here."

"They lie," another Morlock mumbled.

"Here to kill us," another spoke.

"No," one said. He stepped forward. His appearance was hideous...he was tall and skinny, yet hunched over and completely albino. His face was deformed and his eyes were big and yellow. "Caliban senses...that they are mutants, like us."

"Oh?" Callisto asked, stepping closer to the two. "And that means we should instantly trust them, right? Wrong...they've admitted they live on the surface...and look at them! Wearing clean clothes...pretty faces...clean hair. You can't tell them apart from normal humans. They're probably in league with them."

"What are you talkin' about, girl?" Sam asked.

A girl, most likely the age of Sam, stepped forward. She was not disfigured at all. In fact, if she had the chance to take a shower and get clean clothes, she would most likely be very pretty. "Callisto...they came here by accident. They don't want trouble, and neither do we."

"Quiet, Skids," Callisto frowned. "Do you know where you are?"

"I'm guessing the sewers in Chicago?" Illyana asked.

"Chicago?" Skids asked, surprised. "You're under New York."

"How is that possible?" Sam asked.

"I teleported the Phalanx...not us," Magik frowned. "Didn't I?"

"We don't know how you got here," Callisto replied, "but we don't like strangers."

"Caliban senses no hostile intentions," the one called Caliban said quietly.

"...Very well," Callisto said. "You are in the place we call the Alley. Home to us...mutants who have been cast aside by humanity, whose physical appearances cause people to not only hate and fear us, but to want us dead. Home to the Morlocks. Here we have formed our own society...we live in peace with each other. It's not a good life...but we have no other choice."

"There are people out there who are working to promote peace between humans and mutants," Illyana replied. "There's a school upstate that takes in mutants to train them in the use of their powers. Mutants don't have to live in fear..."

"Says the pretty one," one very disfigured Morlock stepped forward. "Maybe if you look like us you won't think that way, eh? Maybe Masque can help you..."

"Ah'm not lookin' for a fight," Sam said. "Hopefully y'all ain't neither."

"You are mutants," Caliban spoke. "Morlocks are mutants. Morlocks welcome you."

"That's good to know," Sam nodded.

"How many of live here?" Illyana asked.

"We don't keep count," Callisto said.

"Some of us don't know how to count," Masque said angrily.

"We could take you to that school I mentioned," Illyana said. "You don't have to live in these tunnels..."

"And who're you to decide what we have to or don't have to do?" Callisto asked. "We live just fine here...we don't need to associate ourselves with upworlder scum. We don't belong there and we don't need to be there! The Alley is where we belong."

"We're not gonna change 'em, 'Yana," Sam said, touching her arm. "And it's not our right to. Callisto, Ah'm sorry we busted in here like that. But if you don't want to be known about, that's fine. Your secret is safe with us. We won't have you do anything you don't want."

"We could arrange for food and supply transports," Illyana said, pushing herself away from Sam's grasp. "I mean, the Ninja Turtles lived better than we do...and they lived in the sewers! We could--"

"'Yana, stop," Sam shook his head. "Callisto, we're goin' now. But if you do need to ever find us..."

"Caliban can sense other mutants," Callisto replied. "In the...however unlikely event that we may want to contact you...we will find you."

Sam nodded. "Let's go, 'Yana."

Reluctantly, she complied. A moment later the two disappeared.

"Come, Morlocks," Callisto frowned. "There is still much to be done today."

And as the Morlocks began leaving, Caliban paused. He turned and looked. He squinted into the far darkness. After a few moments, he decided it wasn't worth it. He left quickly to follow his friends.

And once he was gone, a figure broke from the darkness. Too bloody close...he thought. That Caliban can sense mutants...I'm gonna have t'be more careful if I'm gonna stay hidden... YJ's secret HQ.

"Sam!" Jen exclaimed as he and Illyana appeared inside the base. "You're okay!"

"Yup," he replied.

"I'm fine, too," Illyana sighed.

"What happened?" Robin asked.

"Well, somehow 'Yana 'ported us to the sewers under New York," Sam explained.

"We don't know how, though...'cause she never attempted to."

"We stopped the Phalanx," Illyana continued, "and then found ourselves in some weird tunnel with all these people behind us."

"There's a group of mutants calling themselves the Morlocks who live beneath New York," Sam took it back. "They consider themselves outcasts from society. So they live by themselves in their own little society. They call us upworlders. They definitely don't seem to like people who don't live down there."

"Interesting," Robin pondered. "I'll have to note that for future investigation." Elsewhere in New York.

"You're ready for this, right?" Danielle Moonstar asked.

"Of course I am," Feral replied. "I'm more worried about you chickening out."

"I won't," Dani frowned. "I joined the Point Men for the same reason you did. It's about time we make people see that mutants exist and that we deserve every right and freedom that they have."

The Grey Lady's voice came over their comm unit. "Meet in the garage. We're ready to move."

"You heard the lady," Feral said.

Dani nodded. "No turning back now..."    

Soldier-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Soldier-Boy

Nice.

Darkchild

Forum Posts