X-Men #1 - Marvel Reboot

SteveMcQueen36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I am writing this fan-fiction based on characters created by Marvel. This is a reboot of the Marvel Universe using ideas from DC's Universe. My rebooted universe includes Spider-Man: Year One. This is The New X-Men.

No Caption Provided

---------------------------------------

Downtown San Francisco

No Caption Provided

Outside of San Francisco City Hall, a large crowd of angry mutant protesters has gathered. They chant and sing while jutting signs in the sky that say; Mutant Equality Now and God Loves Mutants. It's slightly drizzling as a young man in a windbreaker is yelling to the crowd at the top of his lungs. He stands facing them atop the marble stairs. Some people are listening, while others talk among themselves.

"We have to do something about this people! The Government made us this way and now it's time for them to treat us with the respect they give every other person in this city!"

The crowd cheers and their signs jut out in every direction.

"Councilman Everett is in there right now cooking up new Anti-Mutant laws! He and the other Washington suits are sitting around a table coming up with ways to quietly sweep us under the carpet! Well guess what Councilman! We aren't going anywhere!"

The crowd erupts in cheers and starts chanting. "WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE!" The young man pulls his hoodie up over his head and starts chanting with the crowd. The chant and scream until a limousine pulls up behind them and Councilman Red Everett comes out of the large glass doors surrounded by his entourage.

"There he is!" Someone in the crowd yells. "ANSWER FOR YOURSELF!"

Councilman Everett gives a half wave to the crowd of protesters with a smirk on his face. Someone starts to throw tomatoes at City Hall. This prompts Councilman Everett's entourage to cover him and start moving him through the crowd quickly. They hold off the crowd until the young man that was speaking pushes through the entourage. He grabs Everett by the collar. The Councilman looks terrified.

No Caption Provided

"We cannot be stopped!" The young man gets right into Councilman Everett's face before he is ripped away from him and thrown face first onto the marble steps. Much to the dismay of the angry crowd who starts fighting with the entourage. The young man rolls onto his back and feels his face. It's bleeding pretty profusely. The Councilman is jerked into his waiting car as it is pelted with rocks and stones. Police sirens are going off just about everywhere. The young man stands back up brushing himself off. The large brute that tackled him is dealing with the crowd. The man points a finger at the Councilman's car as it starts pulling away from City Hall. He makes a gun motion and the Limousine explodes in a glorious fireball.

Somewhere in Outer Space

No Caption Provided

A large metallic ship with Kree markings flies through deep space. On board most are asleep. The lights are dim and on an evening setting. Bol-Lor walks through the empty corridors. His red uniform precisely fit allows him to move almost silently through the steel interior. He comes to a closed door with a plaque on the side of it. He leans in close and reads the plaque; Specimen GR-A. He quietly laughs to himself and puts his hand on the wall just above the plaque. The wall under his palm glows white and a small viewing portal opens on the door. Bol-Lor looks in and shrugs. Inside is a dark cell. The form of a young woman lay on a cot. Her breathing is visible and faint, but stable. He moves his hand away from the wall and the viewing portal closes. With a quick snap of his fingers he starts to walk off down the hallway.

No Caption Provided

He doesn't notice but when he leaves the doorway starts to bend and bulge outward. In a second the door explodes away from the wall in a loud, fiery mess. Bol-Lor is knocked onto the ground from the force of the blast. "NO!"

The lights in the hallway are mostly out now and the few that are still on are flickering. However, bits and pieces of the wall and cell door are on fire providing enough light. A woman completely engulfed in flame, floats out of the room. A slender, burning digit is pointed in Bol-Lar's direction. He flips over and starts backing up.

"You are the CAPTOR?"

Her voice is strange it seems to come from everywhere. Bol-Lar comes to his feet. He is shivering with fear. Her skin charring and blistering. Chunks of it are falling off but the skin underneath is smooth and clean. She moves closer. As she does the ground underneath her singes and blackens. She holds her right palm out in the direction of Bol-Lar and closes her eyes.

"You ARE the CAPTOR!"

Bol-Lar drops to his knees and her eyes shoot back open.

"Please, please don't hurt me! I... I... I don't know what they did to you!"

The woman doesn't acknowledge his plea. She continues to hold her palm out.

"Wh... What are you doing?"

"Scanning your mind for the layout to this ship and the starmaps. Shut-up!"

Bol-Lar looks nervous but relived when a door behind the burning woman opens. She turns her attention to the Kree security that is pouring into the hallway now. They all have black and green helmets on with security uniforms. One of them in the back takes his helmet off.

"Specimen GR-A! Stand down!"

She turns her body around and Bol-Lar starts running away. She pays no mind.

"STAND DOWN!"

Her eyebrows narrow and she raises both of her arms pointing at security.

"Forget it. Blow her away."

No Caption Provided

The guard puts his helmet back on and his team opens fire on her with their laser weapons. Quickly she opens her hands, palms out and stops most of the blasts. Two get through and hit her in the hip and left shoulder. She winces in pain and shoots up through the floor melting the metal and burning though the floors. She comes to a landing on the floor above her cell block. Her fire goes out when she lands. Her entire body is covered in charred flesh. Her hair is completely burned off. One eye is burned shut while the other remains slightly open. The laser blasts are still heard through the giant hole she had just burnt into the floor. Her breathing is labored, her vision is weird.

"She went up one floor! Let's go!"

GR-A opens her eyes, both of them. Her burned skin starts falling off of her like dust. She starts to regain her composure and starts picking herself up. While she does she shakes off the charcoal. Her hair is back and she is back to looking completely normal. Aside from the wound on her shoulder and hip. They are both throbbing. The hip wound is the worst. A door opens behind her down the hallway a bit. Kree security files into the hallway holding their weapons out.

"Specimen GR-A. You cannot run!"

GR-A ducks into an open hallway and starts running. The sounds of blaster fire echo through the hallways. Her mind scans around the ship fed by the information gained from Bol-Lar. She starts running up ladder wells and finally comes to the escape hatch room.

"Specimen GR-A!" She hears coming from down the hallway. She enters the escape hatch room. Catwalks leading to portals are everywhere. Instantly she runs to the first portal she sees.
"Shut the power to the escape hatches off!"

The control panel isn't on but GR-A uses it expertly. She quickly gets the portal open and climbs into an escape pod. The pain from her hip is the only thing slowing her down. Kree security reaches the escape hatch room as she shuts the portal.

"I SAID SHUT THE POWER OFF!"

GR-A turns her attention the control panel in front of her. She straps herself in and pulls down on a red lever. The escape pod thrusts forward driven by the ship and the pod itself racing out at incredible speeds. However, the power to the ship is cut off at the moment before she shoots out into space. The pod jerks violently and GR-A holds onto her side it flies out of control from the ship. A countdown is heard. GR-A screams out in pain. The countdown finishes and the Escape Pod's main thrusts kick on shooting the pod out into deep space.

Sierra Nevada Mountain Range

No Caption Provided

Scott Summers and Anna Marie are driving back into California from Nevada. Scott's bright blue SUV is stark against the snow covered mountains and trees. Anna sits staring out of the window watching the wilderness go by. Her brown hair pulled back tightly. She holds a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Scott looks bored.

"It wasn't a total waste of time right?"

Anna Marie doesn't answer.

"What? You've been quiet since Reno!"

Anna turns her body in her seat away from Scott. He rolls his eyes and keeps driving.

"It wasn't a total loss." She says with her back turned.

"Is this about that gambler in Carson City?"

Anna doesn't answer she sips her hot chocolate awkwardly and continues watching scenery.

"That guy was a scumbag Anna. I did you a favor."

Anna sighs.

"You didn't do me any favors Scott. You always do this. I liked that guy Scott! We had been talking for like an hour when you muscled your way in and pushed him off."

She turns back right in her seat and scowls at Scott.

"We were there on business! This wasn't a pleasure cruise. We didn't go to Nevada to party."

"We don't ever do ANYTHING like that!"

Scott shakes his head and keeps driving.

"I am going to go to this truck stop. Do you have to go to the bathroom or anything?"

She doesn't answer. Scott pulls the blue SUV into a truck stop somewhere in near Donner Pass. He pulls up to a gas pump and gets out of the truck. Anna does the same.

"I think I am going to get a burrito from inside. What do you want?"

Anna shakes her head.

"Okay, nothing!" Scott turns and walks into the truck stop. Anna Marie pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking. She watches a couple of deer across the highway running up the mountain side. I could live here. She looks up at a peak on the nearby mountainside. I could have a nice little house right up there. She looks up and down the highway and sees a few buses and trucks. Lots of cars. She keeps smoking. It's cold outside and she is shivering and bundled up.
"You know it's illegal to smoke that close to the pump!"

Anna turns around and Scott is walking back to the SUV. He is carrying a ridiculously large burrito and coffee.

"DO YOU EVER STOP BEING LAME!"

No Caption Provided

Anna yells at the top of her lungs at Scott. Who stops in his tracks looking up in the sky. Anna notices everyone else looking too. They are all casting really long shadows and something big is glowing behind her. Anna turns around and sees a fiery ball racing through the sky. It tears through the clouds and everyone instinctively ducks as it passes over head at incredible speeds. Then it comes to a huge crash landing out in the wilderness miles away. The cloud of debris and fire is massive. Everyone runs to their cars and starts driving away. Scott runs to Anna and hugs her. She wraps her arms around Scott's leather jacket and holds him tight.

"What was that?" Anna asks.

"Let's check it out!"

To be continued......

SteveMcQueen36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By SteveMcQueen36

Any pointers?