Avatar image for dementedtheclown
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dementedtheclown

Been wanting to create a comic-like character that is all my own. I have a few origin ideas, but I'm not great at writing.
I'm great with ideas, but I lack a bit in structure. Any tips?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shanana

What are your orgin ideas

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dementedtheclown
@Sha: 
Apocalyptic and post apocalyptic world, handled like a zombie invasion with demons and monsters instead. He's with a young girl, and lives basically to protect her. He develops an adoptive father like relationship with her. She dies, he kills himself, he gets a "second chance" to make up for killing himself. He walks the earth undead to kill demons and save / help survivors. While having the devil play tricks on him, and temp him to the "dark side." (R) lol 
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shanana

Whooooaaaaaaok

First and foremost set your bio up in story format. Tell the events like your telling a story being very detailed in it.

You need to set up:

The area around them (This would be the apocalptic world) How did it get this way, what happened, who are the key figures
Your characters Early life ( Maybe tell how he was growing up in this world.
Give some history of how he met the girl; and what her importance to him is.
Tell How she died, and how he felt when she died,  what happened in death, his thoughts on coming back.
How he veiws the world once he is back 
Tell about his struggle with the devil.

I can see Hellstorm as your
 I can see Hellstorm as your "Look"
Avatar image for reversenegative
ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ReverseNegative

A good tip for writing a decent story, is to treat all of the characters like normal people. Like, when Batman is Bruce Wayne, you treat him like a normal person in a normal world. Also, include alot of details, either in your artwork or story itself. This has been done it alot of decent books: Watchmen, Walking Dead, Kick-Ass, Darkness, and so on.

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dementedtheclown
@Sha: 
I have a "look" figured out, It's a costume given to him by the girl. It'll be a cross between punisher, the crow, and casey jones from tmnt. He'll kill himself with it on, with a message stating this world has no room for superheroes. Or something along those lines.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shanana
@dementedtheclown said:
" @Sha:  I have a "look" figured out, It's a costume given to him by the girl. It'll be a cross between punisher, the crow, and casey jones from tmnt. He'll kill himself with it on, with a message stating this world has no room for superheroes. Or something along those lines. "
Oh i figured you were creating this for "RPG" purposes, that's fine too.
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Amegashita

Writing in what way?  I'm a relatively fine writer so can you define what you need tips on, I can probably help you in that context.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shanana
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shanana

I couldn't remember the name

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dementedtheclown
@Sha said:
" @dementedtheclown said:
" @Sha:  I have a "look" figured out, It's a costume given to him by the girl. It'll be a cross between punisher, the crow, and casey jones from tmnt. He'll kill himself with it on, with a message stating this world has no room for superheroes. Or something along those lines. "
Oh i figured you were creating this for "RPG" purposes, that's fine too. "
Nope not for RPG, more for fun then anything. Eventually I'd like to draw the artwork and self publish myself a copy for fun, n to create a family heirloom. But that's far off, and I gotta start somewhere. I plan on writing it first, then drawing to go with it.
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@Sha said:
" I couldn't remember the name "
>facepalm<
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shanana
@dementedtheclown said:
" @Sha said:
" @dementedtheclown said:
Oh i figured you were creating this for "RPG" purposes, that's fine too. "
Nope not for RPG, more for fun then anything. Eventually I'd like to draw the artwork and self publish myself a copy for fun, n to create a family heirloom. But that's far off, and I gotta start somewhere. I plan on writing it first, then drawing to go with it. "
Take into consideration what I said, and then take a glance at that link Icarus put up; there a blueprint of how you should do it.
puiwaihin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By puiwaihin

A couple tips:

If you're going to go the tortured soul route, you'll probably want to do a lot of interior monologues (meaning the character explaining his or her thoughts as if talking to the reader).   Don't simply describe what he is feeling, have him express it.

Show what you mean rather than saying it.  Rather than "Casey Castle was super fast" something like, "The demon struck out with a vicious spiked tentacle, its infernal limb shooting out faster than the blink of an eye.  But Casey was already moving, his silver-bladed knife digging deep into the creature's flesh once, twice, and then again, all before the monster finished its failed attack."

Avatar image for reversenegative
ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17  Edited By ReverseNegative
Lonestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lonestar

Try to be orginal; 

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By moviegeek17

write as much as you can. the more you practice, the better you'll get

Omarfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Omarfish

I've got a question too..
I've got all these ideas in my head & I've written them in my sketchbook so I won't forget...
But my problem is...how do you like..get in the "writing zone"?
If that makes sense?  hah. 
I'm just trying to write out the stories..
Any tips?

THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

one tip i would suggest to people who have troubles is to just write often.  its good just to get ideas out, regardless of how developed they are, that'll come later.  just writing regularly will fuel whatever ideas u already have and it will help generate more.  also, writing will help u develop ur voice and u will start to notice writing styles that appear in ur writing, this will be good for either nailing down a particular style or aid in being versatile with ur writing.  some peopl might have trouble getting tha process started, thats where writing somewhat regularly comes into play, as expected, tha more u do it, tha easier it become later to get started.