Why Superheroes need travel powers...

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Plot is all about why I think. Sure it includes how, but what is most interesting to me is why things happen. Once you figure out why, then you can figure out how.

I just thought it funny that supers rely on superpowers for transportation so much, even though they can drive.

I don't anyone has explored this..but what if heroes had travel powers because they actually needed them? What if they lived on a planet where electricity didn't exist, and other means of transport, like horses, didn't exist either?

I don't think anyone has done that.

If you ask how in the world the supers got their powers, what if they were simply dumped off on a barren world. How about that for a fiction idea (BTW, this is not my story I'm referring to, just an interesting idea I think).

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@lorbo: electricity exists everywhere, its how your brain and nervous system work. Now if they lived on a planet that had yet to harness it I could see your point tho evolution did figure out a transportation ability long ago for people who had no other means its called walking.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@lorbo: I assume that they would have to figure at an economy based around piggy back rides. xD

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lorbo

@dngn4774:

LOL. I was actually thinking more of a superpowered version of Survivor. Like how supers would fare away from civilization with nothing but their wits and powers to survive. Needless to say, none would be amped enough to just leave like supes. But there would be food to eat and animals around to kill to eat too.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

ever read Salvation Run. It's similar to what you're proposing but with villains.