What if superman....?

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

what if superman's powers came form him praying to a god. the god's name is Super and thats how he got the name Superman also why he wears the symbol "S" on his chest its the symbol of the god Super and its means hope(got that form man of steel). Clark Kent was a regular man until he broke a ancient table and Super came out and thanking Clark Kent for saving him and for saving him the god said that "I can grant you superpowers as long as you pray to me" since Clark Kent love to save people without superpowers he Thought "why not" so he staring praying to the god Super. and Superman grains more power if he pays to the god Super. superman has to pray to him every three days our he starts loosing his powers.the reason for this because Super will only allow one person with superpowers. in the made up dc mythology I just made now,Super is god that gains power when people every day that are wishing for hope or want hopeful things to happen to them.like when this person says ' I HOPE she goes out with me".by them doing that are really praying to Super. Tell me what you guys think?and if somebody made this up already that really sucks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@renzoa: Good idea, write it up! :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By dngn4774

Sounds like you're confused. Batwest and Robin are the original holy characters. At least you're not the only person to get something wrong:

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Sounds like you're confused. Batwest and Robin are the original holy characters. At least you're not the only person to get something wrong:

i don't get what you mean by you saying 'Sounds like you're confused'.it sounds like to me that your saying that batwest and robin pray to a god named bat and robin to get there abilities, because that's what i did with superman, how is that saying that i am confused?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renzoa: It was a joke regarding the old batman & robin tv show (the 60's one with Adam West). In moments of shock or awe Robin would always say to batman holy ___ batman! It's less funny if I have to explain the entire context of the joke to you.

That being said I don't like the idea because it sounds like a very generic origin pitch. People have been doing champion of the gods stories since the earliest parts of human history. If you do this superman is no different than Shazam (i.e. Magic Superman who gets his powers from a god). The genie in the table thing sounded original but pretty much everything you mentioned has been done before. I can't see how any of it could actually improve the character. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@renzoa: It was a joke regarding the old batman & robin tv show (the 60's one with Adam West). In moments of shock or awe Robin would always say to batman holy ___ batman! It's less funny if I have to explain the entire context of the joke to you.

That being said I don't like the idea because it sounds like a very generic origin pitch. People have been doing champion of the gods stories since the earliest parts of human history. If you do this superman is no different than Shazam (i.e. Magic Superman who gets his powers from a god). The genie in the table thing sounded original but pretty much everything you mentioned has been done before. I can't see how any of it could actually improve the character. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

hahaha i thought so. you right that why i said that "if someone made this up already that sucks" and thanks for that at least i avoided something really dumb.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renzoa: Worst comes to worst you can always come up with an original character.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Maybe you should make an Elseworlds story with that idea

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elseworld whats that explain this to me more it sounds good

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@renzoa said:

@amazingwebhead said:

elseworld whats that explain this to me more it sounds good

It's the DC equivalent of Marvel's "what if" stories

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Super isn't a great name for a god unless this is the golden age.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@wildvine: Could be the closest thing the human voice can say maybe