Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity

Note- Western Wolverine is part of Marvel Genesis continuity and sets in a divergent timeline of the Old West. The timeline was created due to Deadpool’s silly actions. For more information regarding what happened, read Chapters 52-55 of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Western Wolverine (4 Parts).

No Caption Provided

Western Wolverine, Chapter 1- The Outlaw

Times have changed. People were lookin’ for me as if I were the beast. The weather looked so dry that I can’t even remember the day when I got kicked outta some bar. I hate to say this...but it only gets worse when I’m around. How am I supposed to find some guy who killed one of my girlfriends? She was beautiful, the way she talked and smiled, and breathed. How long I fell in love with her until some guy stabbed her in the gut. Her blood was on my hands for the takin’. I was framed for the murder that I didn’t commit.

My mouth was wet that I could feel thirsty at this very moment. I can’t seem to shake the feelin’ that some cowboys or gangsters were gonna come chasin’ after me. I can sense them, no matter what. A cowboy who had just come up behind me, outta nowhere, shot me numerous times. My wounds healed in seconds. I had to get away as soon as possible, so that nobody could get hurt. The good thing was that I didn’t kill him. But there were times that I had to do the unthinkable. For those people coming after me like some dead rat, would sure wanna know what’s comin’ after them. Heh! I might as well have to play my own rules and show them, what an f**kin’ animal I am.

I had to shoot the young cowboy on the leg because he had a family. Like I said, I can sense things that a normal human can’t. These people had no idea of what I’m capable of, not to mention I have a weapon, which was made of the strongest metal on Earth. Yea, I bet no human can get through me with these sharp fingers. But I wouldn’t call my fingers sharp, if someone thought about it.

The sun was shinin’ over the hills, and the intense heat made my skin sometimes itchy. It’s been days that I didn’t take a bath. Maybe, that’s a good thing. At least, some people who were sent by Sheriff Stryker couldn’t find me except for the young cowboy. He was able to find me with this stench over my clothes. I gotta give him that. There were high places that I had to go and hide and then hit one of Stryker’s men. The sheriff was corrupt, which I had heard from some townsfolk. He had certain plans for me. In the past, I used to work for him. I was a sheriff like Stryker, a hero of the town called Baker’s Ranch. People cheered for me, expectin’ me to help them and carry out God’s work. But there were some people who neva liked the idea of what I did. One of them was a Reverend. He had seen people doing extraordinary things. It was somethin’ that can’t make them too human. If anyone had thought about me bein’ different, then it’s somethin’ that I had to deal with. Not a soul would think it the easy way of acceptin’ who you really are. The Reverend called us “Devils” for showin’ our abilities. Some would say that I had a gift from God. But the Reverend had denounced it with every one of his borin’ speeches. I neva went to church that much if ya ask me.

A group of ragtag Indians just came from the other side of the Old West. They noticed me. Their arrival made me recover my memories, the time I had been in love with Silver Fox. We were together back then, havin’ our new home. I built it, by the way and it did take lotta time. She helped me once, even though she was a woman. Her father didn’t mind.

One of the Indians stared at me, his axe bein’ held in his right hand and the other, holdin’ the saddle of his horse. He had an angry look on his face, which I could tell. But somethin’ told me that he was very angry.

“Howdy,” I walked, passin’ the Indians without lookin’ at them. I had no time to have conversations with them, now that they knew what I had done.

“You are that man called Logan. Aren’t you?” The Indian called out behind me. I stopped, hopin’ the conversation dies down, so I could continue my journey in findin’ Silver Fox’s killer. I looked back at him. The angry-lookin’ Indian came down from his horse, wieldin’ his axe towards me.

“Look,” I sighed. “I ain’t lookin’ for trouble. Like I have said earlier, I didn’t kill her.”

“You are a liar!” The Indian lashed out. He was about to stab me with the axe. But I stopped him, holdin’ his right hand with a firm grip.

“Listen, pal,” I looked at the other Indians. “If you don’t believe me, you betta scram before I do somethin’ terrible.”

The Indian released my hand away, stepped back with the rest of the Indians. I had known him, since I met Silver Fox. He was meant to marry her until he found out that she loved me. At first, I didn’t know what else to say. But for the first time in my life, I had a woman who loved me more than I could ever imagine.

“Do you speak the truth?” The handsome Indian asked me. “You killed her so that you and I can’t have her both.”

“That ain’t true, bub,” I stared back at him. “Someone killed her and I’m gonna find out, who and why he did it.”

The Indian was silent for the moment. He raised his axe, ready to chop me into pieces. What he doesn’t know was that I could heal faster than any normal human. If he had found out who I really was, there could be a whole group of Indians comin’ after me and worse, choppin’ my head off. I guess that was the only way to kill me.

The handsome Indian puts his axe away. It seems that he felt another defeat. At one time, I had to fight him, fair and square, just to see who gets the woman. But Silver Fox neva liked it. I only wanted to teach him a lesson. I ain’t interested in playin’ his wild games though. For that matter, he had lost. Now, this was different.

“Don’t you ever come to my homeland again, Logan,” the handsome Indian warned. “You’re not welcome. If I see you again, the next time will be your head. I know what you are.”

I was kinda shocked when he said that. I didn’t know what to think, but the questions came splashin’ through my mind. How the hell he knew my deadly secret? Someone must have told him.

Before I could ask any questions to the handsome Indian, he and the rest left me alone on the dry land. I looked at them, ridin’ their horses away until they disappeared into the valley. Maybe, someday I would like to know who told him my secret. Or maybe, it’s when I killed Silver Fox whom everyone thought it would be. But it wasn’t me. I’m pretty sure about it. The sun was about to set down the hills. It was time to take a nap thanks to these wild Indians.

To be continued in Western Wolverine, Chapter 2- Dead City.

What’s this? Another Wolverine series? Well, you’ll have to strap in your wild horses for a ride, folks. Because this journey just started for our hero. Who killed Silver Fox and why? These are two questions that Logan wanted to find out. But will he get the answers? Find out in the next chapter of Western Wolverine. Ok, bub. It’s time to wake up and find the killer. SNIKT!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

Note- This series will be added to Marvel Genesis: The Wolverine Saga.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

nice , I have wanted to do a wolverine story one day I will. I always thought they short changed him on his fighting. Like he always came out with his claws when that would be a last resort. Great flow of things I could feel his restraint and how he wanted to do more but did not.

All in all great story so far hope to see you do more with his fighting ability as well and maybe have him use a katana he knows how.

Keep up the good work.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice , I have wanted to do a wolverine story one day I will. I always thought they short changed him on his fighting. Like he always came out with his claws when that would be a last resort. Great flow of things I could feel his restraint and how he wanted to do more but did not.

All in all great story so far hope to see you do more with his fighting ability as well and maybe have him use a katana he knows how.

Keep up the good work.

The story itself sounds like Old Man Logan story arc and the current series in Secret Wars. That was one of my favorite Wolverine stories. So, I was inspired to write this. I was also inspired from Stephen King's The Dark Tower comics, a blend of western and fantasy.

I've been thinking to do that. But for now, he can use his adamantium claws.

Thanks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@the_impersonator: Wow! Dude you’re like a machine, and I’m sorry I missed this FIVE YEARS AGO! Love the idea of a Wild West Marvel, let me know if you let others play in your verse

Good job

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I know, right? It's been a long time and that's okay if you missed it. I haven't focused on this series that much. But I'll let you know what we can do about it.

Thanks.