Wanderlust - Hel

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

This story is a bit different from what you might expect from a typical story. It has no plot, no beginning, no ending, and no structure. What it is, is a series of stories detailing kid Loki’s adventures through the Nine Realms. My goal was to showcase the different worlds, while highlighting some of the aspects of the new Loki that I like so much. They can be read in any order, although I would suggest saving Asgard for last as it is the only chapter that makes any direct reference to the others.

I would like to extend a tremendous thank you to TypingKira for all of her assistance. Her knowledge of all things Thor was invaluable and she was always quick with a suggestion whenever I found myself lost. She was responsible for so much of this story and I certainly couldn’t have done this without her.

Wanderlust
Svartalfheim
Vanaheim
Jotunheim
Hel
Muspelheim
Nidavellir
Alfheim
Midgard
Asgard

LOKI AND ALL NONORIGINAL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES.
Rated T

Hel

Loki crept silently down the dark hallway, his fingers dragging lightly against the cold stone of the wall next to him. His eyes darted about, watching every shadow, doorway, and intersection for any signs of movement. He didn’t expect he would be entirely welcome in the halls of Hel – at least not while he was still alive. Frankly, he wasn’t even sure if he’d be welcomed if he was dead either. He didn’t wish to test that theory.

As he approached another junction, he pressed him small body against the smooth wall and tiptoed forward. Tentatively, he poked his head around the corner. He let out a soft sigh of relief as he saw the long corridor was empty.

He straightened up and brushed the wrinkles out of his pants are he smiled proudly. He had assumed sneaking into Hel would have been much more difficult. If this was the best the nine realms had to offer, he was certain he could find his way just about anywhere.

“And just what do you think you’re doing here?” a high, haughty voice asked suddenly.

Loki jumped at the sound of the voice and whirled about. A young girl, standing no taller than Loki himself, stood rigidly behind him. Her arms were crossed firmly across her chest as she watched him with cold, steely eyes. Her foot tapped impatiently under the hem of her long, green dress as she waited for Loki’s response.

Loki simply smiled the most charming smile he was capable of. “Leah,” he said amiably, “it has been a while since he last met, has it not?”

“Much too soon, if you ask me,” she replied coldly. “What are you doing here?”

“Why, I came to see you,” Loki said as he leaned casually against the stone wall. His hands clasped in front of him as his eyes danced mirthfully.

Leah rolled her eyes as she looked away from him. She uncrossed her arms and placed them definitely on her hips. “Your ‘tricks’ will not work on me,” she stated emphatically.

Slowly shaking his head, Loki flashed her a sly smile. “Is that so? What a shame then.”

Without warning, Loki’s body began to flicker and shimmer erratically. Leah stared, her eyes wide in shock, as he suddenly disappeared, leaving her alone in the vast corridor.

Far from Leah, Loki ran through the labyrinthine corridors of Hel. He let out a gleeful laugh as he felt the magic of his illusory spell disappear. He knew Leah would be fooled by such a simple act. She would never even consider that he might have tricked her until it was too late.

Loki knew that he needed to make the most of his head start. Now that his spell had ended, Leah would surely run to Hela’s side to warn her of the intrusion. He wasn’t sure Hela would be as easy to fool, although he sorely wanted to try. That would have to wait for another time.

He hurried down the hall, his boots barely making a sound against the polished stone floor. He didn’t know exactly where he was going, but he had a good idea. His sharp mind still recalled the twists and turns of the halls from the last time he had visited.

The soles of his boots squealed slightly as he slid around a corner. The sight that greeted him brought forth an even louder squeal as he skidded to a sudden halt in the middle of the corridor.

“Welcome, father,” Hela said coldly, her eyes glowing a bright green as she fixed Loki in her gaze. Leah stood beside her, a triumphant smile plastered on her smug face.

Loki grinned sheepishly at Hela. “Hela! What a surprise to see you here.”

“Is it really a surprise to see me when you’ve intruded upon my personal domain?” she asked rhetorically.

“It is when I was trying to get through without having to see you,” he answered with a chuckle.

“Clever as always,” Hela said in a droll voice. Her face, meanwhile, remained passive as she watched Loki’s every move with care. “Leah did tell me that you were doing your utmost to sneak in.”

Loki grinned as his gaze drifted to Leah. “Did she? I suppose she must have explained how I cleverly outwitted her as well, right?”

Hela’s gaze flicked down to Leah briefly before drifting back to Loki. “I believe the word she used was ‘cowardly,’ but yes, she did mention your antics.”

Leah smug smile grew impossibly wider as he held her head high. Loki couldn’t decide whether he found the look attractive or just simply insufferable. There was a part of him that wondered if the two were merely the same.

“Why are you here?” asked Hela flatly as her posture became rigid once more.

Loki shrugged his small shoulders slightly. “Simply passing through – nothing more.”

Hela’s eyes narrowed as they began to glow a brighter shade of green. “Hel is not a crossroads, Loki. You do not simply ‘pass through.’”

“Of course not,” Loki said quickly as he held his hands up apologetically. “I am fully prepared to pay a toll. I may have a bit of information that someone like you would value very highly.” His typically exuberant smile shifted into a more devious grin as he spoke.

Hela’s expression softened slightly at the prospect of learning something important. While she hardly trusted Loki and any words that might come from his deceitful mouth, she found herself tempted.

“Information?” she asked casually, as if it were a trivial matter.

Nodded excitedly, Loki hurried to Hela’s side. He motioned for her to bend down so that he could whisper into her ear. Hela complied and knelt gracefully next to Loki. He leaned in close, speaking into her ear in hushed tones. As he spoke, his excited green eyes watched Leah closely.

As Loki finished speaking, Hela stood once more. “Is that so?” she wondered aloud as her gaze drifted to Leah.

Leah’s eyes went wide as he looked frantically between Hela and Loki. She did not know what Loki had said, but she had a sickening feeling that it had been about her. A frustrated anger slowly built inside her as she glared at Loki.

Hela nodded as she looked back at Loki. “You may leave,” she announced magnanimously. “I suggest you do not tarry, as I am simply giving you a head start before I send my minions after you. I’m sure you understand.” She stared at Loki with cold, vicious eyes.

Loki swallowed hard as he gleamed the meaning behind her words. With a curt nod and a small wave, he took off down the corridor, happy to leave the two women far behind. Regardless of whatever she may send after him, Loki had no need to remain in Hel any longer. He had accomplished his task and to stick around would be foolish. He wondered how long it would take for Hela to realize what he had done.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CapFanboy
@Mechanical_Ape: All of these are great and I can't wait till the Asgard one
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@CapFanboy: Thanks! In my opinion, the Midgard and Asgard chapters are the best. They are both a bit different from the other 7 though, which is why they are the last two.
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy
@Mechanical_Ape: Any spoilers about character's that will be appearing in Midgard?
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@CapFanboy: The Midgard chapter is unique because it's the only chapter that's not told from Loki's point of view. He's in the chapter, but it's told primarily from the point of view of my personal favorite character from the fan fic boards. If you look at who helped me write this, I'm sure you'll figure out who that is.
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy
@Mechanical_Ape: Anthy?
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@CapFanboy: Yes, she's the main character of that chapter. It's mostly just her and Loki talking, so there's not a lot of action or anything, but I think it's a nice scene.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided