waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

He yawned.

He stood up from the stone ground and stretched his whole body. The moonchild once known as Greg stepped outside of the cave and watched the moon. It was half full.

"Beloved?"

His mate had just woken up as well. Thought she weren't as quick as him to get on her feet and settled with sitting up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to wake you up. Remember, you need all the rest you can get."

"You going to the human world?"

"Have to. Winter in coming soon, so I have to buy extra supplies for the tribe. It won't take more than two hours, promise."

"Then, if you don't mind... could you get me some of those... Maxiboom?"

"Maxiboom." He chuckled and sat next to his mate and hugged her. "Anything for you, my snowflake."

For a minute, he just held her in his arms, burying his nose in her white fur, sniffing in her sent. Then, his mate asked; "Beloved, not that I want you to leave, but shouldn't you get going?"

"I know, I know, it's just... you make me so happy, you know that?" The moonchild stroke his mate's belly with his left hand. "All five of you."

"And I'm sure I can speak for the pups when I tell you that you have made us happy as well." She pushed him away, gently. "But you have to go. So that you will be home soon again."

The moonchild left the cave, running on all four down the mountain. Ran through the forest, greeted by his brothers and sisters.

He had never imagined that being a werewolf would be the best thing that ever happened in his life. After all, how could he? They had a terrible reputation.

Werewolf. The moonchild smiled for himself as he realized that he hadn't thought that word for so long. The word that humans connected to savagery, bloodlust and monstrosity. Like vampires.

The moonchild, when he was new in the tribe, had asked the elder why the humans thought so. Why he had thought so. Why he had only heard ill about this proud species who took good care of each other. Why humans claimed that they were monsters. The elder explained that it was highly possible that they had been like that once. That they, under leadership of merciless elders, had sought to slay the humans, either for gaining more territory or simply for the excitement of it. If that was so, then they had moved on. That humans had history as being cruel and amoral as well, but then moved on. But the humans could not forgive the moonchildren, and had no reason to do so. So they had to become better at hiding, as well as helping with spreading the rumor that they had been extinct. It was for the better, both for the Moonchildren and the humans.

As the moonchild reach his destination, he sniffed one more time, just to be sure that no humans were nearby. Then, he used his strong claws to dig up the suitcase he had buried the day he decided to stay with the tribe. It was all the money he had after emptying his bank account and some clothes. He took a deep breath, and slowly, very slowly, turned from man-animal to human. As he got dressed, he thought about the transformation he had to go through once he returned to the tribe. He didn't like it very much, since it hurt like hell. Never understood why changing to man was pain free.

Once he reached human civilization, in this specific case; a small village near the nature reserve, he realized how little he missed being with other humans. With the enchanted senses that he kept in man-form, he could smell all those terrible things that humans thought of as necessities. And this was small town all things considered.

He couldn't get away quickly enough.

Once he had bought what he needed, heard the much too old jokes about packing for the winter and been told that he should anticipate in a strongman's contest the way he carried his bags, he left the town, marching home.

But then, he could smell it.

He could smell it, even thought he was nowhere near the reserve. He dropped his bags and didn't undress, as he ran. He changed, ignoring the pain and stumbled, as his bones broke and rebuild themselves. As he reach his home, his fear was confirmed.

It was all in fire. The trees was on fire, and he could... he could smell the stench of burned flesh. His brother and sisters... His mate... all of them...

"WOO!" Only now the moonchild noticed that someone was watching the inferno beside him. It looked like... boys? A group of four, none of them more than 12 years old.

... No... Not boys. Or at least not... humans. He somehow knew.

"Peter was right! This is awesome!" One of them with blond hair and freckles said with a huge grin on his face. "We should do this more often! Did you see the look on that one mutt's face as I-"

The blond haired one didn't get to say more, as the moonchild jumped on him. It was like the first time he had turned. He was in no control over his body, it just acted on instincts and rage while his mind was like a passenger in the back of a car. Only this time, he enjoyed the ride. The child screamed in pain as he dug his claws into his skin, and his friends ran like little cowards. And from the look of the blond haired one, he didn't have a lion's heart either.

"WHY?!" The moonchild forced himself to regain control of his own body as he asked the child-like creature. He had no mercy to give him. "Tell me why, so that I will know why to hate you!"

"P-p-pplu-Please!" The boy cried. "E-e-e-i It wha-wasn't my idea! Peter told me... told us to-"

"I heard you and your friends! Heard you laugh at the demise of my brothers and sisters!" He started to cut the boy, tear of his skin, rip of his limbs. And then they grew out again, and the moonchild did so again. And again. Until there was nothing left of him.

"Hey, you!"

The moonchild looked up and growled as he saw another boy. This one was flying above him with his hands in his pockets. He looked like he was in his early teens, had red hair and was dressed in a green hoodie.

"It might just be me, but I don't like it much when some mutt walks around and murder one of my mates. It's just not polite, see?"

The moonchild didn't reply. He just prepared to jump high enough so that he could rip out the boy's throat with claws stronger than steel and sharper than razors-blades.

"I believe we haven't been introduced yet." The flying boy grinned like an idiot. "My name is Pan."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: Ah crud forgot to beta read it, give me a minute

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: I'd lose the note to the reader in the middle, but otherwise I'm loving it.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah, I kinda took a risk there. Got the idea from a book I read recently.

@impurestcheese: It's okay, you are busy with your own stuff.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: If it's something you're going to do consistently throughout the series, I'd say leave it in. You haven't done anything like that in the previous two chapters though, so it doesn't seem to fit.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: There are a lot of possibilities including but not limited to:

Mutants.

Changelings.

Or

Aliens.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HeroUp2112

Lost Boys :)

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cbishop

@heroup2112: Yeah, Lost Boys, but I had no clue until the one called himself Pan. :)

P.S. I didn't get the limbs growing back thing. Was that something you added?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Nope, was there to begin with.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Not to the story, goof! I mean was that something the Lost Boys could do in the Peter Pan story?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop:

No, I made that one up for reasons that will be revealed in next chapter. I think I will write it right away.