W2O: The Cat #8

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

"Uniform, one. Regulation cap, one. Belt and holster, one. Rookie shield, one. Service automatic, one."

Matt took a pencil as he signed for the pistol in the police office. Behind the desk stood a older-looking police officer who told him that he had to pay for ammo, shoes and socks, and that the first uniform would be given to him from the police-force, but only the first one.

The officer checked that Matt had signed, and then said: "Welcome to the Twilight City PF, kid."

Matt Smith was a rookie police officer, fresh out of the academy and looking forward to his new career. He was young, naive, and had no idea that half the cops in Twilight were bullies and thugs, while the other half was dead scared of the other half, trying not to get in their way.

He had been told that he could start his first shift right away, and that his field training officer, Sgt Karen Mack, was waiting for him outside in the car in front of the entrance.

"But listen..." the older-looking cop(his name was Cannon). "Mack is a bit... unusual."

"Unusual?"

"You will see. Just... act natural, got it? It would be best for everyone if you didn't ask any questions about her... well... you will see."

As Matt stepped outside, he only saw one police car on the street. He went to it and knocked on the window.

"Karen Mack? My name is Smith, I'm-"

"Get in the car." It came from behind the almost closed window.

As Matt opened the door and stepped in, he had quite a shock.

The police woman on the driver's seet had no skin. Or meat. She actually didn't have anything a living person had. She was...

Well, a skeleton.

A skeleton with a uniform on.

A voice rang in Matt's head.

Remember; act natural.

"Um... should I call you "sarge" or "officer"?" Matt asked with a poker face that could hae made him a rich man in Vegas.

"Mack is fine." Matt tried not to stare, as he watched the skull's jaw move as it spoke. It made absolutely no sense. How the heck did she speak without lips. "And just so that we are clear; you are a passenger, got it? Until I say anything else, you are an civilian dressed as a cop. Okay?"

"Okay. So..." Matt took a quick glance at the skeleton's bony hand as she turned on the engine. "What's up first... Mack?"

"Can't wait to hit the streets, eh? Rookies...."

As they drow away, a pizza delivery guy passed the police station. His name was Bill, and he was driving a scooter as he was about to deliver six pizzas with meat and potato to Queens Street 5, fourth floor. As Bill reached his destination, he noticed that the building wasn't very well kept. And as he was about to ring the guy who ordered the pizzas, he noticed that he was apparently the only one who lived in the building. As the door was unlocked, and Bill climbed up the stairs, he kept thinking who the heck would live in a dump like this. It had to be someone who wished to be left alone at any cost. As he finally reached fourth floor and knocked on the door, he imagined what kind of creepy dude who lived here, and prepared himself for someone disturbing and with a unshaved face.

And, well... he WAS disturbing. And definitely not shaved.

Bill just stood there and looked like an idiot. a paralyzed, scared out of his pants idiot.

The door had been opened by a gigantic dog on two legs. A big, brown, scary-looking one.

As Bill realized that he was f%cked, his life flashed before his eyes. His sad, pathetic life. How he never finished school, how he screwed up his relationship with Johnny, how he-

"I said; do you have my pizzas or not?! Hello?!"

Bill snapped back to reality and realized that the dog(maybe it was a wolf?) was talking to him.

"...Eh... Um..." Bill just remembered what he was here for. "Uh, yeah. Here ya go."

What am I doing?! Bill asked himself.

"Hmm..." The giant dog opened one of the pizza boxes, and sniffed. "Mmm... Satisfactory!" The dog-man... wolf, whatever... took the five other boxes and gave Bill a couple of bills. "Keep the change, human." it said, and closed the door.

... what the %¤# just happened?! Bill thought, as he stood there with the money in his left hand.

That was the most scary thing Bill had ever experienced in his whole life. He was so much in shock that he hadn't even tried to run away or scream. He just now realized that the thing he just met had to be a werewolf or something. He had to call the police. Or maybe the army, or... Ghostbusters, if they had been real.

JESUS, man! That... thing had paid him money, like it had been a real person, or...

... Wait a second...

Bill counted the cash.

"HOLY %¤#! That's a 100 dollar tip!"

Bill decided that he was not in any position to judge anyone.

As he left the apartment, happy as an angel, he paid no notice to the small man who kept looking left and right, nervous as a cat. His name was Charles Twist, and he was scared of darkness, which explained why he spend mos of his time inside his house. But there was something he was even more scared of, so he forced himself to leave his once safe home, out this sad neighborhood only illuminated by a few light poles. He was on his way to a little shop called "Mumbo Jumbo". After a while, he found the odd-looking store. It was pained purple, had a sign above the door with it's name on it, and there was one round display window with a collection of, what Twist assumed was voodoo dolls and talismans. Not that he was an expert.

As he entered the shop, he saw a girl at the desk. She had purple, short hair, three rings in her nose, and a red t-shirt with a five-pointed star on the back. She looked like she had dozed off and her head lied on a big, black book on the desk.

"Um... Ahem.. AHEM!" Twist coughed.

"Mwua... eh? Hmm?" The girl opened her eyes and stood up and stretched her whole body. "Oh, a customer... cool!" She smiled, so that you could see that she was short a tooth. She looked rather unintelligent. "Welcome to Mumbo Jumbo. I have, like, the biggest collection of magical whatnot in town. So... you need, like... love potion or something? You look kinda lonely. Sorry, man. Don't sell those. Unethical."

"Ah, no." Twist chose to ignore that he had just been insulted by the brat. "No, I need, eh... I need help with... getting rid of... someone."

"Oh, a ghost! That's awesome. I can totally get rid of any kind of poltergeist and-"

"No, NO." Twist bit his lower lip. "No, he is alive. That's the, ah... the problem. I was told that if you needed someone... taken care of... you could... one should come to you."

They didn't say anything for a few second. Then, the girl made a smiled in a way that lighted up her face. But not in a good way.

"Oh, I get it now. THAT kind of problem, eh? Heh..."

Twist gulped, as the girl stopped looking sleepy, and started to look... Well, Twist couldn't think of a better word than... evil.

"You... you read the newspapers, right?" Twist looked at his feet, so that he didn't have to look the girl straight in the eyes. "It's that... That cat-person. He has been harassing me for weeks. I... I need someone to make him... leave me alone."

"Oh, no problemo, old man." She grinned. "As long as you can pay me top dollar, the Red Fog will solve ANY problem you have."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: That's actually not a bad thing. It fills in the world around him more. Hopefully I'll read it soon...

I may have possibly kinda made myself really busy on accident.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, you keep yourself this kind of busy and we'll be kept happy and you won't be bored. Win, win :)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: As I said before, this is a superhero universe I thought up in my teens, and I just have so much fun writing it. I haven't had this much fun writing since my Captain Cold series:)

BUT, school just started, so it probably will take a while before I write anything.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah, school is FAR more important. We'll read when you have time. No rush

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: Love the development of the Metrosexual Catman verse, this series is beginning to (exvuse the pun) put flesh on the bones

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Creepy! Interesting, but creepy! Good as ever.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: Been busy for a several days. Catching up- good read! The Red Fog, huh? Going to read the next one now. :)