Vampire Help

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

I've been working on a character that is meant to be a amalgamated character based off of Superman and Batman.

I was planning on making him an alien who gets turned into a vampire. But, I've changed my mind. Instead of making him an alien who turns into a vampire, I'm making him an alien who already is a vampire, or rather, a Draxan.

So what I would like, is to know all the strengths, weaknesses, powers and other attributes of a vampire.

---

Drax is a planet very far from ours. They have their own sun, however, the amount of light it gives off is equivalent to our moon when it is full. Because of this, a Draxan's skin is paler than ours. Their planet also has a stronger gravitational pull than ours.

Draxans do not produce their own blood, and because of this their life span is much shorter than ours. To accomodate this tneir children are born intelligent, and are considered adults by the time they are teenagers. One day, their scientists discovered a fruit, a blood fruit, that they can eat and it will lengthen their life span, but they must do so with every meal.

Draxans are benevolent by nature, with the only war they know isbfrom invading aliens.

Dre'Ken was the son of their king and queen, but shortly before his birth, scientists discovered that their sun was starting to get hotter and they had to act quickly to save their species. It was decided that they would send their children to different planets in hope that they might find a planet that they can live on. The children were given a specialized ring that created an aura of protection when they put it on, that was to protect them from environmental harshnesses that they might encounter.

Dre'Ken was the first child to go, and he was sent to Earth.

As Dra'Ken grew he found that because of the difference between Earth's gravitational pull and his home world, he could do things that humans considered to be in defiance of gravity: i.e. fly, walk on walls and ceilings, etc. Plus, as with all Draxans his senses were almost five times sharper than humans. He also found that human and animal blood had the same sustainability as the blood fruit. Fortunately, he had a foster brother that could turn water into blood.

Draxans can also shape-shift, and their god is an entity named Drax and resembles a bat.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

You should make him an energy vampire and let him hunt green lanterns.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@princemarvel: The first place to look would be the CV wiki: Vampires. Really though, vampires are treated so different from story to story that strengths and weaknesses are pretty much up to you. From what you posted, you've pretty much figured your version's strengths and weaknesses as is.

My only real critique here is that you've given your guy no problems. He has a ring that protects him from environmental harshness, and a foster brother with the power to turn to water into blood? Why would anyone have the power to turn water to blood? If it's just that your character is supposed to be a hero rather than villain, and you're trying to get rid of the things that would make him a monster, then why make him a vampire at all? Make the need for blood a conflict for him. The foster brother is a convenient plot device to prevent problems for your character. If it were me, I'd lose him (but it's not, so do what you will). ;)

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part, his weaknesses are still the same as a vampire, except for the 'holy' relics which are replaced with similar items.Some kind of acid made to harm him. Also, I'm thinking of having Drax be a world without wood, and then making wood harmful to him in a similar manner as kryptonite is to Superman. And as for his ring, it acts similar to the rings worn by the main characters in Vampire Diaries.

And as for his brother, think of a superhero with all the powers of an old testament prophet.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Zetsu-San

@princemarvel: I say toss the ring, and just downplay his sunlight sensitivities. Too much exposure should make him sick and weakly, maybe his skin will blister and peel off; but he shouldn't incinerate because he was in the sun for a minute or two. Have him crash somewhere cloudy like north western America. Wood allergies just sounds stupid, as does him randomly having a superpowered foster brother. Like, what are the chances of that?

PS: I was actually asking a similar question, I'd like to hear what you think: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/what-do-you-think-of-this-alien-species-1691221/#1

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't able to access your page, I even tried googling it.

Anyways, the ring was created by Draxans long ago, it emits an aura that allows them to survive in any atmosphere, effectively replacing spacesuits,radiation suits, and other such items.

As far as wood being their weakness, it's meant to be similar to Superman's weakness to kryptonite; however, it doesn't weaken a Draxan to be near wood. But even if they were to get something as small as a splinter, because of the way their biology works, it would continue to be pulled towards their heart, and once it hits their heart, it would kill them, (I'll probably rework this to include any solid object, or I may have it to where wood is the only substance capable of piercing their flesh.)

I'm also taking away their shape shifting abilities, and that their god resembles a bat. Instead, Dra'Ken just finds bats to be fascinating.

I'm also giving Draxans strong telepathic abilities, while they can't read people's minds (maybe just their fears), they can captivate weaker minds (and since Draxans have one of the strongest minds in the galaxy, this would include almost every other species.) Effectively turningt them into zombie-like beings. But, as Draxans are benevolent by nature, this is a power they seldom ever use, only as a way of saving their race from invaders. Also they can create astral projections of themselves that are effectively the same as ghosts, but doing so requires a lot of energy, and if they are in their astral form for too long, it could kill them. If I decide to make it where Draxans can read other creatures' fears, I will also increase their telepathic abilities so that they can also create illusions.

I'm also thinking about making it to where Draxans don't sleep. If I do this, then I will also change it so that Draxans are not born smart, but are just really fast learners.