stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

Part I: The Twins

On a beach side cliff, under the full moon, a dark haired woman gives birth. The mid-wife Tessie holds the baby. "He's perfect." says Tessie. The baby has pale white skin and crimson red eyes. Tessie hands the baby to her master, the babies father, Lord Valse Montres.

He held the baby in his gigantic pale white hands. "Yes. The boy has my eyes. He will grow to be a great warlord, like his father. I name you Vicious. Prince Vicious Montres."

The mother screamed in pain. Tessie ran to her. "She's having another, master," said Tessie. The mother gave birth to a pink skinned, purple eyed, baby boy. "He takes after his mother."

"How disappointing." sighed Montres. "Tessie, throw it over the cliff."

"No!" screamed the mother. "Please, not my baby."

"I told you Melina, I want one child. One heir to my throne. This other creature is ugly and unnecessary." replied Montres.

"I'll take the baby. I'll raise him myself. You'll never know he exists. He'll live a simple life as a peasant." said Melina.

"Simple peasant? No child of mine will ever be simple. Or a peasant. He will grow to be powerful, like his brother. He will be a usurper. This I can not allow." Montres roared.

"Tessie, throw the child off the cliff."

Tessie took the baby to the edge of the cliff. Melina ran after her, grabbing her baby from Tessie's grip. "Get your hands off my baby." Melina screamed. Tessie struggled with Melina for the baby but Melina grabbed Tessie and threw her to the ground.

Valse Montres rose into the air, dragon wings outstretched, his black armor a dark blot in the moonlit sky. His eyes burned with fire, yet he still carried baby Vicious in his arms. Melina stood at the edge of the cliff, holding her baby. Tessie slowly walked towards her, intent on pushing them both over the edge. Lord Montres eyes glowed bright then shot two large fireballs at Melina.

Tessie was engulfed in the flames. Melina was thrown from the cliff into the sea as she cradled her baby.

Valse Montres flew away with his son Vicious in his arms.

Ten Years Later

High up in the towers of Castle Montres, ten year old Vicious Montres trains with Ludivic Demorte, Grand Assassin of Montres Legion. Ludivic throws a blade at Vicious face. He quickly deflects the blade with his scimitar. Wearing red armor and carrying two scimitars, Vicious is quickly becoming a deadly fighter.

Valse walks into the training room, followed by his four lieutenants: Sapphire Scorpion, a beautiful and deadly witch; Grand Blanc Requin, a gigantic shark man; Captain Murder, a swarthy, eye patch wearing, loud mouthed psycho and Mr. Flay, a small, balding, four armed mutant.

"My son is already stronger than twenty men put together. He will lead my armies and conquer this world and the next." roared Valse with pride.

"My shark men will devour his enemies." growled Requin.

"Ha! Me and Agatha will eat more ourselves than your entire fish clan." bragged Captain Murder, holding up his giant battle axe, Agatha. Requin growled at Murder. Captain Murder continued "I once ate an entire classroom full of children.."

"Not this story again." sighed Sapphire Scorpion.

Mr. Flay giggled. "I like this story."

"That's enough prattle." commanded Valse. "Ludivic, meet us in the War Room. We have plans to discuss."

"I want to come, father." said Vicious. "I want to learn war strategy."

"Yes, of course." said Valse smiling. "Come with us."

Meanwhile

In the small fishing town of Boots Villa, a young, purple eyed boy wearing a purple bandana runs through the streets, being chased by a merchant.

"Stop that little rat. He stole from me." yelled the merchant. The boy ran through a tight alleyway and ducked under the floorboards of a small shop. Coming out the other side the boy runs towards the docks. The merchant doggedly pursues him, finally grabbing the boy right in front of the crew of the smuggler ship The Hood.

"Gotcha!" yelled the merchant as he grabbed the boy. The child grabbed the mans arm and flung him to the ground. All the men there started laughing. The merchant pulled out a dagger.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." said the bald headed captain of The Hood.

"This little rat stole from me." said the merchant, pointing at the boy.

"This true, Remy?" asked the captain. "Did you steal from this man?"

Remy smiled. "Only what you asked me, Captain Galen." Remy pulled out a coin purse and threw it at Captain Luc Galen.

"Ah, good boy." said Galen as he caught the coin purse.

"What? What is this?" asked the infuriated merchant.

"This? This, Charles, is what you owe my wife." said Galen. Standing behind Galen was a woman wearing a hood. She stepped forward and pulled her hood back. It was Melina.

"Charles Bones. The skin salesman. Isn't that what you call yourself? You sold me as a slave to the servants of Montres, for a coin purse just like this." Melina said, grabbing the coin purse from Galen and throwing it at Bones feet.

Charles was scared and desperate. Looking at Remy he said "This must be your child. His child!" He ran at Remy with his dagger. With quick reflexes, ten year old Remy Galen pulled out his sling shot and a nail, loaded it and shot Charles Bones between the eyes.

Bones dropped to his knees in front of Remy, whose eyes glowed with a purple light. The nail in Bones forehead glowed as well, bursting with purple flames, killing Bones instantly.

Fifteen Years Later

In the War Room of Castle Montres, Valse plans his next conquest with Captain Murder and Mr. Flay. The doors burst open as Vicious strides in, Sapphire Scorpion following close behind.

"Grand Blanc Requin has been taken prisoner, father." yelled Vicious.

Valse stared at his son. "How?" he asked. "No man could stand against him. Thirty men could not defeat him in combat."

"It was the traitor Ludivic Demorte." said Sapphire. "He is working with the Rebel Guild."

"Requin was in the town of Cape Rouge with his Shark Clan, when Ludivic and a rebel battalion ambushed them in the towns square. They killed all the shark men except Requin. Ludivic defeated Requin himself," said Vicious. "They've imprisoned him in the clock tower."

"Vicious, Sapphire and Murder, gather your forces and sail towards Cape Rouge. Burn the town and slaughter everyone. Mr. Flay, you and your mind slaves will capture the clock tower. Treat Requin as the failure he is." ordered Valse.

Flay hopped up and down, giggling. "I get to flay the fish, ha ha, what a happy day. Flay the fish and eat his guts."

"I will deal with the traitor Ludivic personally." Valse vowed.

Cape Rouge

The leaders of the Rebel Guild meet in the clock tower to make their plans to defend the town.

"Have the civilians been evacuated?" asks Melina.

"Yes, my love," answers Captain Galen. "They've gone to the town of Boots Villa, many others have gone east to the hills."

"Lets hope they have a town left to come home to." says Melina.

"Master Montres will burn this town and everyone in it." growled Grand Blanc Requin, sitting chained and bloody, inside a gigantic cage.

"Yes, he will try. He will also send Flay or Murder to collect your head." said Ludivic Demorte.

"Traitor! He will burn your soul in the great inferno." roared Requin.

"As he will yours, Requin. He sees no difference between traitors and failures." replied Ludivic. These words defeated Requin, who sunk back down.

"Why are we having this meeting with him here?" asked Remy, referring to Requin.

"It's the best place to plan. We can see the entire town from here. Besides, he can't do anything from that cage." answered Captain Galen.

"Melina, I need you here in this tower. You'll be our eyes from here and co-ordinate our forces. Use the wire to communicate with Galen." ordered Ludivic. "Remy, I want you and your snipers on the north west side building tops."

Remy was wearing his lucky purple bandana, had three flintlock pistols on him, a cutlass and his special, silver musket rifle.

"Captain Galen, you will lead the ground forces inside the town. I'll be on the docks." said Ludivic.

"That's suicide." said Remy. "They'll arrive at the docks."

"My group will be the first assault. We will retreat back to the town after that. Then you and Galen will hit them with all you got," replied Ludivic.

"Valse Montres will fall!"

to be continued..

Valse Montres #2

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story comes from Character Creation Contest #38.

I've edited it a bit. I'll post the 2nd part soon.

I really love this world I created, so I will return to this. Besides the 2nd part I also wrote another story set in the same world for CCC #39.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@stumpy49er: Some of the names kept taking me out of the story, because I don't know how to pronounce them correctly. This could be corrected by my learning those pronunciations, of course. Otherwise, interesting story. The beginning, with the birth and the father wanting to throw one over the cliff... seems like I've read something very similar somewhere before, but I may just be recalling having read this on the voting thread.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks for reading and commenting.

I'm not sure where you may have seen it before. Greek tragedy perhaps. In 300 they threw babies that were undesirable over a cliff.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Not sure. Seems like there was something like it in an Image comic I read while working at the comic shop... Saga, maybe? I don't recall. Not important. Throw the baby out has been a theme since the story of Moses. ;)

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I love Saga.

Way behind on it though. Actually, I'm way behind on all my comic book reading.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: I've only read the first volume myself (reading it by TPB's).

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm looking good, not sure how I missed this, some of the names seem familiar

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It was a long entry.

As for the names well, clearly I over use Remy, I need to watch that. Also, Galen is an alias Picard has used.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@stumpy49er: Nah it's characters like Sapphire Scorpion and Mr Flay that tugged at the memory cords

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Also, Galen is an alias Picard has used.

I just re-watched that episode last week. lol